PDA

View Full Version : X-Saber deck help

SynjoDeonecros
31st January 2016, 10:04 PM
I'm busy with other things, so I can't exactly post my deck up, but is there any way of improving on a standard pure X-Saber deck for today's metagame?

SynjoDeonecros
4th February 2016, 02:59 AM
Question: in today's metagame, would Emmersblade or Garsem be a better searcher? Right now, they say Emmersblade, but that only searches when it's destroyed by battle, which hardly happens, nowadays. Garsem, however, searches more X-Sabers and goes off when destroyed by a card effect, so...

SynjoDeonecros
5th February 2016, 01:43 AM
Someone asked if the Goyo cards would work in X-Sabers on Pojo, and I thought it was an interesting idea, especially given how easily X-Sabers can be brought out. So, I'm thinking this for my Goyo lineup:

Goyo Chaser x2
Goyo Predator x2 (would be Goyo Guardian, but too expensive for me, right now)
Goyo King x1
Goyo Emperor x2
Goyo Defender x3 (as a maybe, to replace Psyhemuth, second Urbellum and second Gottoms; likely won't bother with it).

LolsterXD97
5th February 2016, 01:52 AM
Someone asked if the Goyo cards would work in X-Sabers on Pojo, and I thought it was an interesting idea, especially given how easily X-Sabers can be brought out. So, I'm thinking this for my Goyo lineup:

Goyo Chaser x2
Goyo Predator x2 (would be Goyo Guardian, but too expensive for me, right now)
Goyo King x1
Goyo Emperor x2
Goyo Defender x3 (as a maybe, to replace Psyhemuth, second Urbellum and second Gottoms; likely won't bother with it).

Can you post the Decklist? I don't know how you will be Summoning the Defenders (Pashull + Ragigura?). And yes, having the Goyos as bosses can work very nicely with X-Sabers, you can also try some Gottoms' salt by using Gottoms' Second Call with Faultroll and discard your opponent's hand at early game.

SynjoDeonecros
5th February 2016, 02:01 AM
Emmersblade x2
Pashuul x2
Fulhelmknight x2
Faultroll x3
Boggart Knight x3
Darksoul x3
Gardestrike x2
Ragigura x1
Garsem x2

Gottoms' Second Call x2
Soul Charge x1
Reinforcement of the Army x1
Tenki x3
Book of Moon x1
Dark Hole x2
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Fusion Substitute x2

Gottoms' Emergency Call x2 (if I can find a third one, I'll put it in)
Call of the Haunted x2
Torrential Tribute x1
Compulsory Evacuation Device x1

XX-Saber Gottoms x2
Hyunlei x2
Souza x1
Urbellum x2
Goyo Predator x1
HTS Psyhemuth x1
Goyo King x1
Goyo Defender x3 (will likely replace when I have more Goyos)
Goyo Emperor x2

Jolan
5th February 2016, 02:16 AM
Can you make a synchro tuner because with the goyo defenders I could easily see you making Quasar

LolsterXD97
5th February 2016, 02:18 AM
I would recomment Rank 6 Xyz monsters, like Photon Strike Bounzer and Utopia Beyond and maybe 1 Naturia Beast and Barkion (You could also run Exterio). I would increase Emmersblade to 3 too, because it is a searcher.

SynjoDeonecros
5th February 2016, 02:19 AM
Only real tuner I can make with my setup would be either Tatsunoko or Phonon Pulse Dragon, and that's only if I use Ragigura, which is needed for Defender.

- - - Updated - - -

I would recomment Rank 6 Xyz monsters, like Photon Strike Bounzer and Utopia Beyond and maybe 1 Naturia Beast and Barkion (You could also run Exterio). I would increase Emmersblade to 3 too, because it is a searcher.

It's a battle searcher, though, which isn't that good in today's metagame.

LolsterXD97
5th February 2016, 02:22 AM
Only real tuner I can make with my setup would be either Tatsunoko or Phonon Pulse Dragon, and that's only if I use Ragigura, which is needed for Defender.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a battle searcher, though, which isn't that good in today's metagame.

I know battle searchers aren't very recomendable nowadays, but I always put them at 3 anyway, because they are Deck thinners (and therefore consistency). I also recommend increasing Garsem to 3 because of the Dark Holes and Torrential Tributes while also taking into account the Kozmo ships. Do you have some Saber Relfects? They can search the Gottoms cards while also reflecting some damage back to the opponent.

SynjoDeonecros
5th February 2016, 02:37 PM
No, Saber Reflect isn't out in the TCG, yet.

LolsterXD97
5th February 2016, 02:42 PM

Oops, forgot it has the OCG Tag in Ygopro.

R3QU13M
5th February 2016, 03:00 PM

This a irl build, or just a TCG deck online using the available cardpool?

Also have you tried using Fire Formation - Tensu, extend your plays with Boggart and Ragigura.

Marauding Captains too for a quick Naturia Beast or Barkion

Crane Crane for Fulhelmknight

Vulcan the Divine to bounce things like Tenki to reuse

SynjoDeonecros
5th February 2016, 03:19 PM
RL build. I always try to make an IRL build for all of my decks.

SynjoDeonecros
15th February 2016, 06:52 PM
I found a third Gottoms' Emergency Call, but now I'm not sure if I should put it in. Also, I've seen people put in At One with the Sword, and I'm wondering if I should do the same, as well. Thoughts?

SynjoDeonecros
15th February 2016, 10:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/a8vKcIv.png

Again, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Apparently, there was a deck a while back when Soul Charge was at 3 that utilized Kuribandit to dump and recycle cards in the graveyard. It was dropped when Soul Charge dropped to 1, but now that we have Gottoms' Second Call, would that be able to compensate?

SynjoDeonecros
11th April 2016, 11:00 PM
So, I dumped Gaia Knight, Leo, and Goyo Defender for Black Rose Moonlight Dragon, Stardust Charge Warrior and Naturia Gaiastrio. Will that help things?

Pendulum
11th April 2016, 11:39 PM
I would use Synchro Leo over Gaiastrio. The others are fine.

SynjoDeonecros
12th April 2016, 12:25 AM
Well, I already have the means to summon out Fusions, and I don't want to just use Goyo Emperor, so Gaiastrio makes sense to me...

SynjoDeonecros
7th June 2016, 01:18 AM
Should I replace Airbellum with Mathematician to facilitate Gottoms' Call plays?

LolsterXD97
7th June 2016, 01:57 AM
Should I replace Airbellum with Mathematician to facilitate Gottoms' Call plays?

Probably, the Gottoms + Fautroll play is very good to pass (dat triple discard).

SynjoDeonecros
7th June 2016, 03:04 AM
Mathematician can't dump Faultroll. It can dump Ragigura, though.

SynjoDeonecros
3rd July 2016, 02:46 PM
I didn't like to do it, but I replaced Goyo Predator with Goyo Guardian. I wish I could have both in here, but I can't find a card I'd replace for both.