PDA

View Full Version : #ProjectDMZ

WorldWideDuelist
2nd February 2016, 02:32 AM
What is #ProjectDMZ?

#ProjectDMZ is a NON-PROFIT Yu-Gi-Oh game I am currently making on he Vylocity engine. For those who don't know, Vylocity is an upcoming Javascript-coded engine that is in the alpha stages (though, has come VERY far in terms of progress. For more information, visit Vylocity.com) This game is NOT meant to be in competition with YgoPro OR DN. It is far from done, and I am making this thread SIMPLY to show progress of it and generate interest No smart remarks please, I know it's not done, once again, it's for those who would love to see how a Yugioh Game is made and the progress and work that goes into it.

How is #ProjectDMZ different from most Yugioh Games out there?

The first thing people will notice about #ProjectDMZ is that the dueling field is VERY different. It's not like the Tag Force/YgoPro/DN field. You are actually dueling in an 'instance' of the main map (think World of Warcraft Dungeons/Raids). That being said, it is RPG-like where you can travel around and talk to and duel Players/NPCs. Here's some more features to expect in the future:

ALL CARDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN TO YOU. You will gain cards through in-game currency that you get in-game. This is a GAME, NOT a simulation like YGOPro/DevPro.
Leveling, like most RPG games.
Ability to have 3-way, 4-way, Tag and 2v1 Duels
Instanced-Map Dueling
All updated Yugioh mechanics/rulings/cards (Cards make take time depending on coding speed. Remember, I'm 1 guy doing this.)
Custom Story with favorite Yugioh Characters.

How can I view #ProjectDMZ's progress?

You can follow me on twitter (https://twitter.com/WorldWideD96) OR subscribe to my Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjrrgLgfBJby_x_zpaFNJ3A)

Hope in the Interstice
2nd February 2016, 02:38 AM
Hm. This ought to be fascinating. Got any pictures so far?

WorldWideDuelist
2nd February 2016, 02:43 AM
I'll probably start posting more pictures on my twitter. For now, I suggest just viewing the Youtube Videos I have. I update every week with Progress of #ProjectDMZ.

King
2nd February 2016, 02:44 AM
Want to support this, how do i support this project ?

WorldWideDuelist
2nd February 2016, 02:45 AM
Just follow my twitter/subscribe to my Youtube. That's all the support I need honestly lol.

Thanako
2nd February 2016, 02:47 AM
I don't know what to say except that this is looking pretty great. Please add some variety to starter decks, though.

AccelRainbowDashley
2nd February 2016, 03:12 AM
Looks pretty nice. Good luck.

Sanokal
2nd February 2016, 03:15 AM
Has my attention. I'll head to the Youtube pages.

HelixReactor
2nd February 2016, 11:28 PM
This is sounding very interesting. Looking forward to see how things will be going for this project. Good luck! ^_^

WorldWideDuelist
3rd February 2016, 07:36 PM
Hey everyone, if you haven't checked out my Twitter yet, the foundation for card effects have been added. Currently, only the drawing action works. I hope to add discarding by the end of today + fix some dumb bugs.