PDA

View Full Version : Al-Lumi'Raj summoned with Wanghu out

SynjoDeonecros
3rd February 2016, 02:43 AM
Okay. Say there is a face-up King Tiger Wanghu out, with no other cards that reduces ATK, and Al-Lumi'raj is summoned. Will Al-Lumi'raj's effect cause it to be destroyed by Wanghu's effect?

Hope in the Interstice
3rd February 2016, 03:22 AM
Let's look at Command Knight:

Command Knight (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Command_Knight): If "King Tiger Wanghu" is on the field face-up, and "Command Knight" is Summoned, the effect of "Command Knight" is applied immediately because it is a Continuous Effect, so first change "Command Knight"'s ATK to 1600. After that, "King Tiger Wanghu"'s effect cannot activate because "Command Knight"'s ATK is not 1400 or lower.

For the same reason that Command Knight is spared because of her Continuous Effect, Al-Lumi'Raj is doomed because of its own. Continuous effects, like Al-Lumi'Raj's, are applied immediately as the monster hits the field. This is the same for monsters summoned under a Field Spell or Burden of the Mighty.

SynjoDeonecros
3rd February 2016, 03:34 AM
Hmm. So I'll have to finagle some sort of way of getting Wanghu's effect negated that turn to make sure either it (if Al-Lumi'raj is on the field) or Al-Lumi'raj (if Wanghu's on the field) don't kill themselves upon summoning. I guess it's a good thing I put in 3 By Order of the Emperor in my deck, huh?

Hope in the Interstice
3rd February 2016, 03:58 AM
Hmm. So I'll have to finagle some sort of way of getting Wanghu's effect negated that turn to make sure either it (if Al-Lumi'raj is on the field) or Al-Lumi'raj (if Wanghu's on the field) don't kill themselves upon summoning. I guess it's a good thing I put in 3 By Order of the Emperor in my deck, huh?
You could always summon Lumie first.

SynjoDeonecros
3rd February 2016, 05:09 AM
You could always summon Lumie first.

But that'll kill Wanghu, since Wanghu's ATK will drop down below its own effect's threshold.

Hope in the Interstice
3rd February 2016, 05:11 AM
But that'll kill Wanghu, since Wanghu's ATK will drop down below its own effect's threshold.
Ah, right. That is true.

Baroque
4th February 2016, 03:38 AM
Lose 1 Turn, perhaps? That could solve the problem for your turn, and also put a wrench in some of the effects that would slip past Wanghu.

Gotta say, that's interesting to think about, though.