PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy-Eyes Divine Dragon

AccelRainbowDashley
3rd February 2016, 11:33 PM
It's another deck mixed with the Felgrand structure! This time it's with one of my all-time favourite archetypes: Galaxy. I've had the deck built for quite some time, back when Guardian of Felgrand was revealed, but my initial focus was on improving my Blue-Eyes variant many of you are probably familiar with already (not mine specifically, just in general). So in an attempt to show something new and maybe exciting, I'm doing something I don't often do and posting it for show. If anyone chimes in with something I hadn't thought of, it's a bonus.

Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon x3
Felgrand, the Great Divine Dragon x2
Galaxy Knight x3
Arkbrave dragon x1
Galaxy Soldier x3
Paladin of Felgrand x2
Guardian of Felgrand x2
Galaxy-Eyes Cloud Dragon x2

Gospel of Revival x3
Raigeki x1
Photon Sanctuary x3
Reinforcement of the Army x1
Trade-In x2
Rank-Up-Magic Argent Chaos Force x1
Twin Twister x2
Photon Stream of Destruction x2
Quaking Mirror Force x2
Tachyon Transmigration x3
Solemn Strike x2

Extra:
Magical Sea Castle Aigaion x1
Number 23: Lancelot, Ghost Knight of the Underworld x1
Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand x1
Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon x3
Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy x1
Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon x2
Galaxy-Eyes Full Armour Photon Dragon x2
Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon x1
CXyz Coach Lord Ultimatrainer x1
Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon x1
Number C107: Neo Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon x1

Here's a picture of it bullying the AI.
http://i.imgur.com/xtfenqm.png

A small disclaimer, many cards are there as filler, but several "questionable" choices are there for good reason. Any questions will be answered so have at it if you like. It's going to be a deck I work on for the foreseeable future so perhaps in a week or two I'll post an update.

Hope in the Interstice
4th February 2016, 12:00 AM
How do you feel about two Photon Stream of Destruction?

AccelRainbowDashley
4th February 2016, 12:12 AM
They've worked out pretty well for me. Thanks to Arcbrave and Gospel, along with the usual support, there's rarely a shortage of Galaxy-Eyes on the field. If anything Tachyon Transmigration could be stand to be dropped to two as well.

Hope in the Interstice
4th February 2016, 12:17 AM
Do you think Galaxy-Eyes is good at 2 or 3?

AccelRainbowDashley
4th February 2016, 12:20 AM
I prefer it at 3. Makes Trade-In more valuable since you want to avoid using Knight for it, Galaxy Soldier can use it for discard, as can any other discard card, and it's kind of a personal rule to use the primary dragon at 3.

Yuuri
4th February 2016, 01:30 AM
I feel as if you should probably drop a Galaxy-Eyes Cloud Dragon for another Paladin of Felgrand. Personally, I run Paladin at 3 in most of my builds because it functions as a Foolish Burial more-or-less. Though, running 3 may not work well in this deck.

Also, nice concept! I really enjoy looking at decks that are different and/or unique.

AccelRainbowDashley
4th February 2016, 01:43 AM
I feel as if you should probably drop a Galaxy-Eyes Cloud Dragon for another Paladin of Felgrand. Personally, I run Paladin at 3 in most of my builds because it functions as a Foolish Burial more-or-less. Though, running 3 may not work well in this deck.

Also, nice concept! I really enjoy looking at decks that are different and/or unique.

I tried three Paladins originally and it ended up being hit or miss since I usually get the dragons I want from the deck pretty quickly. Cloud Dragon would probably be better at 1 but I'm currently viewing it as a pseudo-Maiden that doesn't require being targeted. Ideally I'd love to make Dimension Wanderer more reliable since it's a fun card to drop on an opponent.

Thanks, Galaxy is one of those decks I've constantly worked at to keep it playable, and thanks to Felgrand it's possible. SR02 is easily my favourite structure of all time. If you think of any other ideas I'm always open to them.