PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid decks in tag-team duels

SynjoDeonecros
4th February 2016, 09:42 PM
So, we haven't seen any real hybrid decks in the anime, and when we see tag duels, it's usually of decks that clash with each other or are so related to each other that they might as well be of the same archetype. Wouldn't you like to see say... a tag duel with a Traptrix and an Artifact deck, or a Graydle and a Kaiju deck on the same team? How cool would that be? It would be a good way of keeping the "one archetype per duelist" rule that the anime employs intact, while giving viewers a glimpse into how these hybrid decks work.

What are your thoughts on this, and the total lack of its implementation in the anime?

LolsterXD97
4th February 2016, 09:44 PM
So, we haven't seen any real hybrid decks in the anime, and when we see tag duels, it's usually of decks that clash with each other or are so related to each other that they might as well be of the same archetype. Wouldn't you like to see say... a tag duel with a Traptrix and an Artifact deck, or a Graydle and a Kaiju deck on the same team? How cool would that be? It would be a good way of keeping the "one archetype per duelist" rule that the anime employs intact, while giving viewers a glimpse into how these hybrid decks work.

What are your thoughts on this, and the total lack of its implementation in the anime?

Wouldn't Yuya and Dennis' Decks count as hybrid? These Decks have like 2 or 3 Archetypes inside them.

SynjoDeonecros
4th February 2016, 10:03 PM
I don't count Yuya, since he's got cards that work with Magicians, Performapals, and Odd-Eyes, and some of those archetypes cross over (like the Odd-Eyes performapals). Dennis only has his Performages, so I dunno.

Dyson Sphere
4th February 2016, 10:10 PM
I don't count Yuya, since he's got cards that work with Magicians, Performapals, and Odd-Eyes, and some of those archetypes cross over (like the Odd-Eyes performapals). Dennis only has his Performages, so I dunno.

only performages? he also has his ancient gears

SynjoDeonecros
4th February 2016, 10:16 PM
Yeah, but the Ancient Gears are their own thing, and he only whipped them out under pressure, otherwise he likely would've still used his Performages. Also, we dunno if, now that he's been exposed as an Academia agent, he'll still have his Performages, will combo them with Ancient Gears, or will just have Ancient Gears. So, yeah, not counting him, either, on that principle.

Volteccer
4th February 2016, 10:35 PM
If we're talking about how it makes hybrid decks works, the Yuya/Dennis duel probably wouldn't count. They didn't show just how quick, efficient, & powerful can be.

King
4th February 2016, 10:57 PM
Fluffals+ Edge imps does count as an hybridization? They are different archetypes but they work together

SynjoDeonecros
4th February 2016, 11:10 PM
They're designed to work together as a single unit, so no, they don't count as hybridization. By "hybridization", I mean something like HAT or Kaidle/Kaisenju or something, archetypes that are their own very separate thing but somehow have mechanics that work to balance each other's flaws out.

Volteccer
4th February 2016, 11:43 PM
Are they designed to work together? Performages do rank 4s forever, Performapals can quickly set up pendulum summons (in a way that's efficient enough that it hybridizes with basically everything). Other than Bubble barrier, they're mostly doing their own things.

SynjoDeonecros
4th February 2016, 11:45 PM
I was talking about Fluffals/Edge Imps, not Performapals/Performages. Though I think there's like one or two cards that they showed which affects both archetypes together.

KingKaash
4th February 2016, 11:49 PM
I feel like we are getting so many more tag duels in Arc-V than we did in any other past series albeit even if most are 3 Obelisk Force guys teaming up together against other characters. So there is potential for it and it's definitely something that the makers should explore. But I guess the characters and camaraderie have to set for 2 characters to work in a tag team. Like despite the fact the fact that Shun and Yuto are best buds, the Phantom Knights don't mix with Raidraptors. Or even when we saw Masumi, Hokuto and Yaiba duel together the 3 archetypes didn't mix. So it's difficult from a character perspective. They could make new characters with Greydle and Kaiju decks but how many new characters will they churn out? I think the only hybridization we will see is a Yu and Yuzus deck mix and matching if the Yu and Yuzu get to work together that is.

Sanokal
5th February 2016, 12:04 AM
And the greatest irony being how well Speedroids and Phantom Knights work together.

LolsterXD97
5th February 2016, 12:05 AM
And the greatest irony being how well Speedroids and Phantom Knights work together.

Inb4 Predator Plants and Performapals will work together too (because Yuri is literally the exact opposite of Yuya, one wants fun for himself and the other wants fun for all). I bet soon or later we will see tag-teams where each Duelist will have their Decks working fine together (and I would have liked to see Tsukikage and Hikage in a Tag Duel and see how they work with each other, considering like Tsukikage said: Hikage attacks like the sun and Tsukikage defends like the moon).

Dyson Sphere
5th February 2016, 01:27 AM
Inb4 Predator Plants and Performapals will work together too (because Yuri is literally the exact opposite of Yuya, one wants fun for himself and the other wants fun for all). I bet soon or later we will see tag-teams where each Duelist will have their Decks working fine together (and I would have liked to see Tsukikage and Hikage in a Tag Duel and see how they work with each other, considering like Tsukikage said: Hikage attacks like the sun and Tsukikage defends like the moon).

even though they cant do that since hikage is dead, lol.

LolsterXD97
5th February 2016, 01:32 AM

For that I said "I would have liked", they killed Ninja 2 too fast.

Volteccer
5th February 2016, 01:45 AM
Inb4 Predator Plants and Performapals will work together too (because Yuri is literally the exact opposite of Yuya, one wants fun for himself and the other wants fun for all).
If Predator plants have Pendulum monsters with poor scales (or have different fusions for different atrributes), then they should work pretty well together. Like I said, performapals basically hybridize with anything, as long as what you want is quick and easy pendulum summoning.

Though I think there's like one or two cards that they showed which affects both archetypes together.

Exactly one card: Bubble Barrier.

KingJinzo
5th February 2016, 01:56 AM
Fluffals+ Edge imps does count as an hybridization? They are different archetypes but they work together

Fluffal/Edge Imps are basically two halves of one archetype. Actually, two thirds of one archetype. You can't play with pure Fluffals or pure Edge Imps, at least not properly. The deck is not complete without the the remaining thirds.

- - - Updated - - -

Blackwings and Raidraptors should work well together. Blackwings are generally not bad in tag duels.

Jolan
5th February 2016, 02:17 AM
Blackwings and Raidraptors should work well together. Blackwings are generally not bad in tag duels.
Pass then a 1-material Force Strix with a set Icarus Attack and a Swallow's Nest, I promise the BW player will explode.

KingKaash
5th February 2016, 05:37 AM
Like I said, performapals basically hybridize with anything, as long as what you want is quick and easy pendulum summoning.

I think everyone has to know this. That's why Yuya can tag duel with just about anyone. Heck even Chojiro and his Cardians can probably work in tandem with Yuya.

So many people think that Hikage and Yuto are dead but just because they're not on screen anymore doesn't mean they're dead. I mean this is Yugioh, the good characters are never totally dead. Hikage will come back to life when the big bad guy is dead. I can't say the exact same thing about Yuto but I'm confident he'll return to being a full human rather than a soul.

Never die
5th February 2016, 01:47 PM
I think everyone has to know this. That's why Yuya can tag duel with just about anyone. Heck even Chojiro and his Cardians can probably work in tandem with Yuya.

So many people think that Hikage and Yuto are dead but just because they're not on screen anymore doesn't mean they're dead. I mean this is Yugioh, the good characters are never totally dead..
Expect Bruno,WE NEVER TALK ABOUT BRUNO,oh wait i just talked about bruno..........

KingJinzo
5th February 2016, 05:04 PM

So many people think that Hikage and Yuto are dead but just because they're not on screen anymore doesn't mean they're dead. I mean this is Yugioh, the good characters are never totally dead. Hikage will come back to life when the big bad guy is dead. I can't say the exact same thing about Yuto but I'm confident he'll return to being a full human rather than a soul.

Remember Bruno? Remember Atem's guardians?

KingKaash
6th February 2016, 09:36 PM
Remember Bruno? Remember Atem's guardians?

Ok my bad. There are some exceptions. But the vast majority usually come back to life. Maybe nobody wanted Bruno to come back to life anyways

KingJinzo
6th February 2016, 10:48 PM
Ok my bad. There are some exceptions. But the vast majority usually come back to life. Maybe nobody wanted Bruno to come back to life anyways

I think Yusei really wants him to be back.

SynjoDeonecros
21st February 2016, 07:26 PM
What kind of hybrid decks can you guys think of that can be separated into their base decks for tag team duels?

Jolan
21st February 2016, 07:41 PM
Atlanteans and Mermails.