PDA

View Full Version : Favourite/last film

Brunjox
14th September 2015, 03:15 PM
So there's the thread for what you're listening to, and I figured a similar one for films would be ok.

What's your favourite film, or one you'd strongly recommend? Or alternatively: what's the last film you've seen?

I'll start myself:
last film - Dr. Strangelove by awesome Kubrick.

Hope in the Interstice
14th September 2015, 03:18 PM
Last film I've seen: Ponyo. It was for uni.

Tachyonic
14th September 2015, 03:59 PM
Mad Max: Fury Road

Love that movie.

Foolist
14th September 2015, 04:53 PM
Best movie of all time is "Tenacious D in: The Pick of Destiny"

Mrbiff
14th September 2015, 05:09 PM
My favorite film: Good Will Hunting
Matt Damon and Robin Williams are both brilliant in that movie, and I've never seen a scene quite as brilliant as the one in the bar where Will out-nerds the guy quoting textbooks.

The last film I saw, or I'm watching it now: The Theory of Everything

Thanako
14th September 2015, 05:31 PM
Favorite movie - The Kid (1921)

While I love movies from all walks of life and from all eras, you really can't beat Charlie Chaplin, and his first was his best.

Last movie I saw - Pan's Labyrinth (2006)

Really surprising movie. I would recommend it.

kinoai
15th September 2015, 02:31 AM
To the Wonder (2012)
Stunningly beautiful. Emmanuel Lubezki did a standout job with this as per the usual. The abstract plot and silent film nature didn’t bother me in the slightest, but a little bit more exposition wouldn’t of hurt it. Just like how there were parts of Tree of Life that I believe probably should’ve been left on the cutting room floor, there were definitely parts of this that probably shouldn’t of made it into the final cut of this film especially the majority of scenes with Javier Bardem.