PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 92 Discussion: No! No! NO!

KingJinzo
7th February 2016, 03:35 PM
Okay, I give Sergey credit for his "Screw You!" attitude, which makes him actually look competent.

No matter how many times Barrett loses, he always screws everything. Last time he (actually, Serena) caused the Obelisk Force to come over Maiami City, and this time he sends a paralyzed Serena back to Academia. NO!

Sergey destroys Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon and immediately attack Yuya directly without giving Tsukikage or Sora (or Yuzu) the chance to save Yuya. And then he beats Tsukikage, Shingetsu (not Vector) and Sora away to capture Yuzu. NO!

More importantly, Yugo and Yuri are teleported away and we don't know if they continue their duel elsewhere or if they are seperated. No effects and materials for Starve Venom though. NOOOO!!!!

I have mixed feelings about this episode. But the preview for next episode implies that Sora will join the Lancers next week. Speaking about weeks, I think it's been about seven days since Yuya's duel against Kachidoki.

Day 1: Yuya vs Kachidoki. Yuya's dark side shows up for the first time.
Day 2: Battle Royal begins.
Day 3: Battle Royal ends. The Lancers are formed.
Day 4: The Lancers go to the Synchro Dimension.
Day 5: The Friendship Cup begins.
Day 6: The second day of the first round.
Day 7: The quarter-finals, the first semi-final, and the invasion.

Serena was him the Lancers for only five days. And she was seperated from them for the most part. Fuck you, Barrett.

Remember the Battle City arc, where the whole tournament lasted for only two days?

Indytotof
7th February 2016, 03:55 PM
Yuzu....

You've ruined a overhyped duel !

Go sit in a corner !

Dyson Sphere
7th February 2016, 04:06 PM
yep starve venom has c107 syndrome

KingJinzo
7th February 2016, 04:08 PM
yep starve venom has c107 syndrome

Neo Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon has a name. :|

HelixReactor
7th February 2016, 05:13 PM
I don't know who to give the award for the most random capture so far: To somewhat nerve gassed Serena who got herself remote warped by a somewhat knocked out Barret, or to Yuzu who got herself brutally captured by Sergey who was using jet boosters attached to his legs?

Hmm... The latter was pretty cool, so I'll give this reward to Serena, who also gets bonus points for being a very passive Lancer. Moar bonus points because of her bracelet being just as useless - the world is being torn apart, and all it does is beeping "The plot is here!". Not that I cannot blame it for not wanting to do anything about saving the Synchro Dimension, but I digress..
In any case, thanks for nothing, Serena.

In other news, actuals blades make an appearance once more, but, yet again, nobody actually thinks of throwing them on living targets.

It's also good to know that non-Action Field Spells are still a thing.
Speaking of Field Spells, what happened to Cross-over? That thing was made to help the Lancers fight Acedemia, and the one time it could've had a relevant use (although chances are it would've completely screw them), they all seem to have forgotten about it..

And finally, hurray for Yuya making the best use out of Smile Word: Discarding it as cost >.<

False_Revelation
7th February 2016, 06:37 PM
I did not see yuya losing. I thought he was getting pretty close to the High tier duelist. Guess i was wrong.

The Sonic Duck
7th February 2016, 06:42 PM
Well, at least we got to see Earthbounds make a sort of comeback. If they ever get printed I would hope they could incorporate the original Immortals into the deck.

Jolan
7th February 2016, 07:11 PM
Protagonist lost a duel, I'm proud. He keeps losing those duels really nicely. A lot better than Yugi and Yusei who never lost a duel.

The mokey
7th February 2016, 07:34 PM
How the hell did yugo and yuya avoid the Penalty that one time?

yshipster
7th February 2016, 07:48 PM
Sergey is really a ... surprise ... I did neither except his victory nor that he is a living jetpack, but oh well.

Also give Starve Venom Fusion Dragon effect please!

KingJinzo
7th February 2016, 08:20 PM
Protagonist lost a duel, I'm proud. He keeps losing those duels really nicely. A lot better than Yugi and Yusei who never lost a duel.

Remember Rafael?

Eternalight
7th February 2016, 08:34 PM
EARTHBOUND IMMORTAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL....!!!!
It's one of the old archetypes I didn't expect to come back in this arc.
We got 2 Earthbound extra deck too. And finally it gets its own field spell.
Malefic gets its own way way back (since you know... both Malefic and old Earthbound Immortals need a field spell)
I hope that the archetype gets an additional playstyle, so it won't be similar to Toons.

So.. What's the function of Serena's bracelet again? Is each bracelet has different uses?

Is that it for Celery moment for now?
(Serena + Yuuri -> Sereri -> Celery)

Dread Kaiser
7th February 2016, 08:49 PM
I did not see yuya losing. I thought he was getting pretty close to the High tier duelist. Guess i was wrong.

he could have won if he had attacked the Kraken instead (Rebellion would have been destroyed regardless, but he could actually have pendulum summoned that back, and without the Kraken it wouldn't have killed him)

Dread Kaiser
7th February 2016, 08:52 PM

Rafael and the Ceremonial battle want a word with you
as for Yusei, there was the Flashback in Episode 2 and while plot armor broke down his bike to save him from actual consequences of losing a shadow game (aside from that awesome new metal accessory in his Torso), he had no way to deal with Ccapac Apu.

Zarkiel
7th February 2016, 09:03 PM
So nobody's going to mention the fact they're now making cards to double dip extra deck summons? If that spell card gets released, I am going to have a field day with zombies.

Dread Kaiser
7th February 2016, 09:34 PM
So nobody's going to mention the fact they're now making cards to double dip extra deck summons? If that spell card gets released, I am going to have a field day with zombies.

Hype for that Scheduled for when it becomes a real card, til then its just a tool for lazy writers to not put 2 more material on the field (liek Xyz Jewel Crown)

Mawlay
7th February 2016, 10:07 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the part where the bracelet sent him flying into the ceiling.
Personally I think that was the highlight of the episode, and the only good thing that came out of her showing up.

yshipster
8th February 2016, 12:33 PM
he could have won if he had attacked the Kraken instead (Rebellion would have been destroyed regardless, but he could actually have pendulum summoned that back, and without the Kraken it wouldn't have killed him)

Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon has no such condition that allows him to be Pendulum Summoned in the anime. Otherwise Yuya could have summoned him back also during the turn it was destroyed by Geo Griffin, since he did not Pendulum Summon Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon earlier that turn.

The mokey
8th February 2016, 08:16 PM
Hype for that Scheduled for when it becomes a real card, til then its just a tool for lazy writers to not put 2 more material on the field (liek Xyz Jewel Crown)

xyz jewel crown also changed gandiva´s rank into a level

Misses Fairlady
9th February 2016, 01:12 PM
Guys, someone pointed out something about the scene where Barrett teleports him and Serena away.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/131866faf79b78f37420be70009373ea/tumblr_o29taijWm51uqlakko1_400.jpg

Barrett didn't hit the Duel Academia option, he hit the Xyz option. And the title for the next OP os "Light of Hope", a phrase that appears specifically in GEPD's summon chant. Xyz Dimension arc confirmed?

yshipster
9th February 2016, 03:56 PM
Guys, someone pointed out something about the scene where Barrett teleports him and Serena away.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/131866faf79b78f37420be70009373ea/tumblr_o29taijWm51uqlakko1_400.jpg

Barrett didn't hit the Duel Academia option, he hit the Xyz option. And the title for the next OP os "Light of Hope", a phrase that appears specifically in GEPD's summon chant. Xyz Dimension arc confirmed?

It was confirmed that we will learn more about the Xyz Dimension, though that does not confirm that the Lancers will travel there. Also minor animations in Yu-Gi-Oh! aren't that ... accurate, meaning that Barrett could still be in Academia. But the possebility that they are in Xyz Dimension exists.

Although I really cannot see anything on the picture you posted, so I'm not sure about your source either...

Mawlay
9th February 2016, 09:41 PM
It was confirmed that we will learn more about the Xyz Dimension, though that does not confirm that the Lancers will travel there. Also minor animations in Yu-Gi-Oh! aren't that ... accurate, meaning that Barrett could still be in Academia. But the possebility that they are in Xyz Dimension exists.

Although I really cannot see anything on the picture you posted, so I'm not sure about your source either...

We saw the full dimension hopping interface on Sora's duel disk in an earlier episode.
So by seeing where Barret pressed, it does imply that he didn't teleport them to Academia.

Brightshine Stardust
11th February 2016, 07:28 AM
Barrett indeed seems to have more care for Serena, so it won't be surprising to see him warping the two of them to somewhere else instead of Academia, at least until Serena can fully recover.

He's kinda like Mizoguchi, with Serena being the Sherry of Arc-V.

Speaking about weeks, I think it's been about seven days since Yuya's duel against Kachidoki.

Day 1: Yuya vs Kachidoki. Yuya's dark side shows up for the first time.
Day 2: Battle Royal begins.
Day 3: Battle Royal ends. The Lancers are formed.
Day 4: The Lancers go to the Synchro Dimension.
Day 5: The Friendship Cup begins.
Day 6: The second day of the first round.
Day 7: The quarter-finals, the first semi-final, and the invasion.

I don't remember if the time is directly mentioned in this episode, but I think it's still possible that the time between forming of Lancers and them going to Synchro Dimension is actually 2 or even 3 days, giving them time to prepare. Also, wasn't there at least 1 day between them going to Synchro Dimension and the beginning of Friendship Cup? I recall seeing a night scene during the jail arc.

Sanokal
11th February 2016, 07:50 AM
Speaking of which, any clue when the sub is out? (Haven't seen the episode yet, DON'T SPOIL ME).

Sanokal
12th February 2016, 03:13 AM
The feels, the feels! Goodness me this was difficult to watch...and seriously clever. The writers have surprised me time and time again with this episode.

Firstly, Zuzu actually made it to Yuya - they are reunited! Then she thankfully teleports Yuri and Yugo away before crap can happen or Yugo can be absorbed. How is Yugo still alive?! Next, Barrett goes good-ish again when he finally considers Yuya a worthy opponent, and to my surprise, Yuya would have been screwed had Sergey not shown up. Then Sergey reintroduces the Earthbounds to us in spectacular fashion. Damn that was cool. There was some crap that went on though - Odd-Eyes Rebellion could have been Pendulum Summoned again. Such bullcrap...but I digress. It was exciting to see Yuya lose, and amps the threat of Sergey up that much further so Jack can (presumably) wreck him in their duel next ep.

But...Celina...waaaghhhh! No! The only good thing that can come of this is if she gets locked up with Lulu and Rin and they escape together! Please let that be a thing, dammit!

There were surprisingly few casualties from Duel Academy's attack, but the riot is still going on and now Security have no distractions. Uh-oh.

So yeah. A wrenching episode to watch, but a stellar one overall.

kuchiki
13th February 2016, 12:20 AM
Episode took longer than usual to subtitle probably because there is only one team working on them which is MonoSubs that I know of and ruSUBan retired.

Anyways I'm glad I usually do not check forums cause most people watch the raw episode beforehand so there are a ton of SPOILERS for those that wait until subs come out.

So pretty much the writers pulled a 180 and teased us thinking we'd get to see Yuri versus Yugo full duel but then NOPE Yuzu just so happens to conveniently arrive at the scene to teleport both of the Yu's away. Not to mention the dark side of Yuya was unveiling yet stopped thanks to Yuzu. Good thing Sergey arrives to beat down Barret since there was no way Yuya could win. Besides that Sergey whips out earth bounds because why the hell not but at least he did not use thorn prisoners cause that would have been weird.

Next episode we finally get to see Jack dueling once again which is always exciting and confirmed the tournament will be finished much to my surprise and probably everyone else thinking the tournament would have been halted due to academia invading.

LolsterXD97
13th February 2016, 12:27 AM
The only things that dissapointed me from the invasion were that the girls became damsels in distress like the tradition of every Ygo series, and that the City didn't get burned to death (I got used to the Writers teasing us with Starve Venom).

kuchiki
13th February 2016, 12:45 AM
The only things that dissapointed me from the invasion were that the girls became damsels in distress like the tradition of every Ygo series, and that the City didn't get burned to death (I got used to the Writers teasing us with Starve Venom).

Yeah I was expecting there to be a lot more destruction with academia invading but no they only came to take back Selena and kidnap Yuzu. All the commotion was sort of naught. I was hoping they would show the effect of starve venom but no we only get to see what it looks like after 50+ episodes from the silhouette which makes me upset but then again predator plants were not even revealed so I guess all the more time to wait even longer...

Sanokal
13th February 2016, 12:50 AM
They were never going to stop the tournament; they've been hyping Yuya and Jack's rematch too much for that.

Zarkiel
13th February 2016, 02:01 AM
Now that I actually watched the show rather than reading the duel summary on the wiki, Barret definitely hit the xyz dimension button, which would explain why they're going there. It also didn't seem that he was after selena, he was after yuzu. He probably is just going to take care of her much like he did in standard, similarly to sora caring for yuzu but not selena.

King
13th February 2016, 02:06 AM
The Episoded was a bit disapointing , i overhyped too much. Yuzu should be thrown at the flames and fucking burn till death for fucking up Yuri vs Yugo and the interaction of the 4 Yus was low.

I Dont know if its right to call Sergey a coward for raiding into a too weakened Yuya.

KingKaash
13th February 2016, 02:10 AM
Did Yusho seriously hop in all 4 Dimensions with Sky Magician and have a kid with a lady at like the same exact time? I mean how else can these Yus be related? Seeing that darkness take over all the Yus was so interesting until Yuzu had to show up. Is a Yuzu hate train going to start because I'd be aboard.

On a more serious note, I question Selena's true intentions. Is she possibly thinking about joining Academia again? Or does she just feel bad for Barrett and wants to save him from Academia?

Sanokal
13th February 2016, 05:47 AM
The Episoded was a bit disapointing , i overhyped too much. Yuzu should be thrown at the flames and fucking burn till death for fucking up Yuri vs Yugo and the interaction of the 4 Yus was low.

I Dont know if its right to call Sergey a coward for raiding into a too weakened Yuya.

What, you expected an explanation when they're nuts off their skulls? That was the second time that I was GLAD that Zuzu's bracelet activated.

It's hardly his fault that Barrett hit him with an OP lock, but he basically cheated at the end. Yuya could still Pendulum Summon that turn.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I actually watched the show rather than reading the duel summary on the wiki, Barret definitely hit the xyz dimension button, which would explain why they're going there. It also didn't seem that he was after selena, he was after yuzu. He probably is just going to take care of her much like he did in standard, similarly to sora caring for yuzu but not selena.

I have a feeling that he's trying to show Celina what it's like on the front lines like she wanted.

False_Revelation
13th February 2016, 04:28 PM

Yes it was confirmed. As was Kaito :D....and alexis....