PDA

View Full Version : The "Aftermath" of the Adjusted List

Jakinus
12th February 2016, 02:15 AM
A week have passed since the Adjusted List was announced, where Pe Pe was take out of its "Tier 0" status. Now that the Yu-Gi-Oh community have calmed down a little, what are your thoughts about the adjusted list? Do you think was it was a good move of Konami or they f*cked up again? In my opinion, a little of both.

As someone that have played Pe Pe (online), know people that invested real money in the deck and after talking to them about all this, We all agreed that Pe Pe deserved this treatment, almost... What I mean is that I don't buy that Konami needed to see how the deck did in the TCG so that they could decide to take action and that they waited 3 weeks after BOSH was released to do it.

We all know what Pe Pe did in the OCG and Konami do too, in fact, the main catch of BOSH was getting the last pieces needed to make Pe Pe a reality in the TCG and that made the set to be sold out in a LOT of places. Also all the hits were in cards that aren't in BOSH so why not a preventive hit?

A lot of competitive players invested in the deck, expecting to see inversion return to them in the form of topping in events and their respectives prizes. Konami gave the "choice" for non-sanctioned events to not use this list, but almost all places are using this list anyway because it is part of the competitive scen after all.

Pe Pe players, myself included, that wanted to stick to their deck already replaced to lost parts and the deck (now known as DracoPals) is working fine. The great amount of support that Performapals and the Pedulum mechanic in general allow the deck to remain in the competitive scene but make dueling other Tier 1 decks like Kozmo and Monarch really hard. The Kozmo's ships are really hard to get over with Luster at one, making harder to put an Ignister on board, and if Monarchs draw the sh*t we more or less can't play the game. Other than that deck does fairly well.

Another thing that really surprised me was how much of a D*CK a lot of people in the community are or can be. Some comments in videos and posts in forums are really rude and can even be considered offensive, Pe Pe players and non-Pe Pe players alike. People almost ecstastic that Pe Pe players "lost" their inversion and how they are "bathing in their salty tears" (my god), Pe Pe players attacking users that liked the list, and insults in general. I know that the community has the reputation to be really toxic but seriously, some people need to know how to behave even with the anonymity that the internet offers.

And that's all. Just wanted to give my opinion about this matter because this is something that doesn't happen very often and I had a couple of things I wanted to share.

Hope in the Interstice
12th February 2016, 02:24 AM
I'd like to ask, have the tournaments that the adjusted list is for come and gone yet? I'd like to see the results of how they went before saying much else.

Dread Kaiser
12th February 2016, 02:25 AM
Wait where and when did this happen, and how did I miss an Epic shitthrowing fest?

My opinion. I love this idea. Face it we all know EXACTLY what would have happened otherwise, but the part I like best was that it was official events only, so now they killed a tier 0 Salt machine without fucking over someone that wanted to make an actual Yuya.dek

While I dispise the deck myself and most people that use it (Read, clueless checklist netdeckers), people don't need to be total asshats over it. its just a band-aid and while very likely, there is no guarentee that they will stay that way

That Said I was highly amused by the sudden salt downpour all the same

I think it was overall a good decision (bordering necessary evil). Will it cause butthurt and problems? of course, when does that NOT happen?

Jakinus
12th February 2016, 02:33 AM
I'd like to ask, have the tournaments that the adjusted list is for come and gone yet? I'd like to see the results of how they went before saying much else.

I haven't heard of any big event that use the adjusted list, but I've asked and a lot of locals are going to be using the adjusted list.

SynjoDeonecros
12th February 2016, 02:39 AM
I have a U.A. deck that I was trying to make more consistent with a small Performapal engine, but some douche on Pojo kept pushing me to play Magicians, instead, because of the limit to Monkeyboard. The way he was pushing me really shows just how this list changed people's perspectives on Pe Pe.

Jolan
12th February 2016, 02:46 AM
I don't see it as a bad thing. It's pretty good. Nipped the T0 format in the bud. It's been a thing in the OCG for so long. I didn't want to suffer through it. Multiple friends were ready to drop YuGiOh as soon as BOSH released, and they did. Came back due to the banlist. I'm happy I can play a safer game now where 1 deck wont dominate all others if we want to play competitively.

Moreover, when it's said that competitive players paid good money for the deck and didn't get to play it, well, I mean, it's an investment. It's a risk. Not all investments pay out, and this is one such case. It's just how life works. Am I supposed to pity them? I mean, they have so much money more than me if they can invest 1000$ just to play the deck on release, isn't it sort of their problem on what they do with that money?

Dread Kaiser
12th February 2016, 02:51 AM
I don't see it as a bad thing. It's pretty good. Nipped the T0 format in the bud. It's been a thing in the OCG for so long. I didn't want to suffer through it. Multiple friends were ready to drop YuGiOh as soon as BOSH released, and they did. Came back due to the banlist. I'm happy I can play a safer game now where 1 deck wont dominate all others if we want to play competitively.

Moreover, when it's said that competitive players paid good money for the deck and didn't get to play it, well, I mean, it's an investment. It's a risk. Not all investments pay out, and this is one such case. It's just how life works. Am I supposed to pity them? I mean, they have so much money more than me if they can invest 1000$ just to play the deck on release, isn't it sort of their problem on what they do with that money?

#Truth

Filler text here

TheRamenNoodle
12th February 2016, 03:23 AM
They should have waited a little. I hate Kozmo and all that it stands for in this game.

Sanokal
12th February 2016, 03:33 AM
It is an emergency one though. The real one is due in a month or so I think (it's on their site)

Yuuri
12th February 2016, 04:28 AM

This exactly. The first part is a good summary of how the Adjusted List now affects the game (official tournaments, anyway), and the second paragraph is a good, objective point. Might I add that, if they spend $1000 on a deck, there is no reason to complain about it when he/she will most likely go off and do it again. If anything, this should be a good lesson for those who actually spent a large of sum of money just to win.

Sanokal
12th February 2016, 09:38 AM
For the perspective of the players, you may want to check out that Hitler reaction video someone posted in the announcement forum. You may get a few laughs.

Brightshine Stardust
12th February 2016, 10:23 AM

Honestly I think what you said in the first paragraph may have been what pushed Konami to finally do this.

I too know a lot of players who will quit or take a break when P&P is on full swing in TCG since the deck is way too dominating, and I'm sure Konami don't want to lose their source of income, so they nipped P&P out as soon as they got the money from the sets that has highly wanted P&P cards in it, in an attempt to pull those quitting players back into the game.

I mean, yeah, there are people who wants to quit too during Dragon Ruler era, but this time the impact is much more obvious, as in, I feel that there are way more players who are going to quit the game. You just can see the outcry everywhere, you can even see just how dominating the deck was in the OCG, even the Dragon Ruler era wasn't like this. I think Konami also feels the same, hence why they did this.

Not to mention, this being some sort of an Anniversary Year for YGO as a franchise, it would be bad if lots of players are quitting on this year.

MystikX
12th February 2016, 01:46 PM

Considering the List literally took effect this Monday, we haven't had anything other than locals to have the chance of using the list.

Volteccer
12th February 2016, 02:00 PM
This was a busted deck. It felt like cheating when I used Monkeyboard against my friend's Raidraptors, and I've been playing a casual Performapal deck since CORE made it technically usable. This deck was too powerful and too easy to play.

King
12th February 2016, 02:19 PM
They could not hit the Peformapals , with the upcoming stater Deck, this ends up sounding like a dumb move, with this a less quantity of players will be allured to buy the product, but since the shit was done, i can only just hope to see more diversity on the current format

SynjoDeonecros
19th February 2016, 05:13 PM
So, looking at the tournament decks after the Adjusted List hit, the guy who kept bitching at me to drop the Performapal engine in my U.A. deck was dead wrong; all Performapal decks did was add in a third Lizardraw and a second Guitartle, and they were just fine.

LolsterXD97
19th February 2016, 05:39 PM
How much lasted full power Pe Pe in TCG?

The only hit I'm salty about is the Monkeyboard one, because that was the only Scale 1 Performapals had, all the other hits were well deserved because the Deck was way too busted, and Secondonkey might get a chance to shine if people are willing to use it tho.

SynjoDeonecros
19th February 2016, 05:51 PM
Oh, people are already using Secondonkey in their Performapal decks, at least the Performapal Draco decks.

Volteccer
19th February 2016, 06:15 PM
And when it comes to Odd-Eyes Performapals, I just added in a third Odd-Eyes and Sky Iris, plus a couple more monsters. I was thinking of using 2 Terraforming, but I think that's mostly unnecessary. I also have to be mindful of removal cards, and have a backup plan ready. But my fall back strategy of using traps to slow the game down works as well now as it did when I was worried about my scales being wrecked a few months ago. (So, pretty good against other casual decks, less so good decks).

Jakinus
19th February 2016, 07:19 PM
The hits of the Adjusted list didn't destroy my DracoPals HERO deck, in fact, it added a layer of depth to how it plays. The only card I want at 2 is either Monkeyboard or Crobat. With Wavering Eyes still at 3 and Twin Twister, the scales are too fragile, making it hard to make a comeback.

SynjoDeonecros
20th February 2016, 12:48 AM
The hits of the Adjusted list didn't destroy my DracoPals HERO deck, in fact, it added a layer of depth to how it plays. The only card I want at 2 is either Monkeyboard or Crobat. With Wavering Eyes still at 3 and Twin Twister, the scales are too fragile, making it hard to make a comeback.

Would it be any better with the Masters of Pendulum Magician engine? Because those same two elitists on Pojo are still insisting it's superior with the cuts to the Performapal engine, and I'm really confused as to why they see that, considering that it has more ways to screw you over if you draw wrong or if the opponent stops your plays than Performapals do.

Jakinus
20th February 2016, 02:56 AM
Would it be any better with the Masters of Pendulum Magician engine? Because those same two elitists on Pojo are still insisting it's superior with the cuts to the Performapal engine, and I'm really confused as to why they see that, considering that it has more ways to screw you over if you draw wrong or if the opponent stops your plays than Performapals do.

Hmm... It depends on how much space do you want to invest for the engine and what do you want to pendulum summon. The Performapal engine is still good but it lost 2 Monkeyboards so stablishing the scales is harder, also the higher scale Performapal has is 6, 8 if you run Unicorn but that is not in the TCG yet. I'll say that the strongest point of Performapals over Magicians is its Pot of Greed play with Lizard and Guiturtle and that Performapals works better in a lot more of decks than Magicians. Also there's a nice little combo with Friendonkey and Pendulum Sorcerer to search two scales but it uses your normal summon so there's that.

The Magician engine has Pendulum Call that is a searcher and protection, and 1/8 scales but it doesn't add more to other decks. Also, like you said, it can screw you with dead draws.

Wisdom-Eye has great synergy with Performapals because his pendulum effect works with Performapals and Magicians, allow the play a little bit of both the great scales of the Magicians and the versatility of the Performapals

These are my recomendations for each engine:

Performapals: 3 Sorcerer, 2 Guitartle, 2 Lizardraw, 1 Skullcrobat Joker, 1 Monkeyboard, 3/4 Performapal monsters (Silver Claw, Turn Toad, the Donkeys, etc).

Magicians: 3 Dragonpit, 1 Dragonpulse, 2/3 Wisdom-Eye, 2 Oafdragon, 2/3 Pendulum Call.

Performapals & Magicians: 3 Sorcerer, 2 Guiturtle, 2 Lizardraw, 1 Skullcrobat Joker, 1 Monkeyboard, 3 Wisdom-Eye, 1 Dragonpit, 2 Dragonpulse.

Again, it depends in what do you want to do with the pendulum engine, do you want only good scales that work fine by themselves or an engine that adds more to the deck than just an easy way to put big monsters on board?

SynjoDeonecros
20th February 2016, 03:12 AM
The deck in question we were arguing over was U.A., where the Pendulum scales would be used to get U.A. monsters out to start their thing, if you can't get Midfielder or Signing Deal into your hand.

Jakinus
20th February 2016, 03:18 AM
I'm not to familiar with U.A. but I know that they rely in their Normal summon because of their field spell and that they run level 7s and 6s. I would say the Performapal & Magician engine is the one that could work with them but I'm not sure. You can always test in Ygopro which one works best for you.

SynjoDeonecros
20th February 2016, 03:43 AM
They mostly run level 5 and Midfielder, a level 4; the level 6 and 7 monsters are personal preference, it seems.

King
20th February 2016, 04:02 AM
I Dont play U.As, but Dunker seems to be a must in that deck

SynjoDeonecros
20th February 2016, 04:19 AM
Yeah, but it's debatable how many, 1 or 2 (3 is considered cloggy).

SynjoDeonecros
20th February 2016, 04:33 PM
Personally, I'd rather go pure with any archetype, if I can, and some U.A. players are arguing that Pendulums just don't do anything to add to the deck, but if I had to choose between the two engines, I'd have to go with Performapals; even the person I'm arguing with acknowledges it gives out more benefits outside of one card scales than Magicians do, even though they seem to make one card scales the be-all, end-all breaking point for the engines.

SynjoDeonecros
20th February 2016, 10:48 PM
Jeez, the salt of the people arguing that Performapal engine is dead... it's like, if you don't agree with them, they'll automatically insult your intelligence and dueling skill, throw curse words around without thought, etc. Even at my worst, I at least try to be civil with them, and end the conversation before it goes to far... and even then, they just keep pushing, in order to get their way...

And yet, the people who actually USE the engine have compensated for the losses and just keep on using it, no worries... shows you that the only people bitching about the change is the players who DON'T actually play the cards hit...

King
20th February 2016, 11:16 PM
Pals are far from dead and will not die soon, as long as ARC-V keep rolling, Yuya will always appear with new cards

SynjoDeonecros
20th February 2016, 11:53 PM
Well, I'm talking about Performapal as in the engine you plunk down into any old deck, not a 'Pal-based deck.

Amaryllis
17th April 2016, 05:43 PM
Performapal Odd-Eyes Unicorn is the high-scale they need to throw out OEPD and Kirin, plus it lets them use OEPD to sort-of OTK alongside a big enough 'pal. I like how they're trying to make non-Pendulum Performapals a thing, though.

Volteccer
17th April 2016, 06:57 PM
Performapal Odd-Eyes Unicorn is the high-scale they need to throw out OEPD and Kirin, plus it lets them use OEPD to sort-of OTK alongside a big enough 'pal. I like how they're trying to make non-Pendulum Performapals a thing, though.

I've been playing Performapals since CROS. There are enough good non-pendulum performapals (Helpreincess, Elephammer, Whip Snake) that you can use both. However, I like how, even in pure performapals, you don't need to dip into Fusion/Synchro/Xyz to win. Played alone, they combo together to get a whole lot of power, and a little advantage. Drumerilla and Silver Claw alone together gets you up to 2700 ATK.

That said, I prefer Odd-Eyes Performapals, and in that deck Unicorn is going to be a godsend, since right now the whole strategy is hinging ona single copy of one card.

SynjoDeonecros
19th April 2016, 04:43 PM
So, since the adjusted list got absorbed into the actual list, where do we go from here? With Performapal Dracos neutered, and Pendulums in general cut down by the loss of Wavering Eyes, what is the future for them?

Amaryllis
3rd May 2016, 09:13 PM
So, since the adjusted list got absorbed into the actual list, where do we go from here? With Performapal Dracos neutered, and Pendulums in general cut down by the loss of Wavering Eyes, what is the future for them?

Performapal OTK. Check out my video on it - the new Odd-Eyes guys (particularly Phantom Dragon) add extra speed, Iris targets and killing power.

SynjoDeonecros
3rd May 2016, 10:42 PM
Those cards aren't available in the TCG, though, so Performapal OTK won't happen for a long while.

SynjoDeonecros
13th May 2016, 12:33 AM
I heard from the TCGPlayer articles that more people are looking into Dino Pendulum as the next major Pendulum sensation, given the cuts that both Performapals, Performages, and Dracos have gotten. Anyone know if this is true? Apparently the mindset is that, with Lancephorhynchus and the three TCG exclusive Cavalries, we've got enough to bring out all three Evolzar monsters easily, which can really help against other decks like Kozmo.

Yuuri
13th May 2016, 12:57 AM
I've actually got a deck that utilizes that little...engine. Though, it's crappy and needs some major work, as I haven't work on it in months. Perhaps I could post up the deck list later after editing.

The deck is fun, but I apparently haven't found the right balance of cards for it to be "competitive."

As for actual players looking into it, I am not quite sure if it is true or not.

SynjoDeonecros
13th May 2016, 01:13 AM
I know the feeling; I ended up making a bad mashup between the Dracos, the Cavalries, and the Normal Pendulum support (the Dragoons of Draconia, Dragon Horn Hunter, and Lancephorhynchus), but I'm not too happy with it, right now; think I have too many monsters and not enough support.