PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one contributing to the Deck Display board?

SynjoDeonecros
13th February 2016, 06:39 PM
I seem to be the only one posting up decks to the Deck Display board, as of late, and updating it. Why is that? I don't want to hog it, so if you guys want to post your decks up for critique, by all means, go right ahead.

DelCtrl
13th February 2016, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that too, but I guess it can't be helped if other people don't want to post their decks.

I can't speak in the name of others, but I don't post my decks because I don't think they are interesting enough and most of them are just hyper casual and a inconsistent mess. And for me, it doesn't feel right to get help for my decks while I don't have knowledge to help anyone with theirs.

Sanokal
13th February 2016, 11:28 PM
I have an odd case with mine; I usually can figure out the monster ratios on my own, it's sorting through my S/T lineup that gets difficult these days (and possibly my extra deck) rather than the entire deck.

I'm also a prideful muppet, take your pick, hah-hah-hah.

Archsorcerer
14th February 2016, 08:12 PM
There ain't that many users here and that board is almost hidden in the menu.

My case, I am lurker.

Erickdsl
15th February 2016, 05:49 AM
Tbh i'm just too lazy to post my decks here, but i have over 500 decks on ygopro, all of them are very consistent, i'll try to display a few of them here sometime.

Jolan
15th February 2016, 08:31 PM
I have decks on YGOPro but I don't have high hopes in people improving my consistency unless there's some extreme secret tech I'm not aware of.
Still, I could post em.

But it also doesn't help my decks use TCG+OCG cards.

Volteccer
16th February 2016, 03:38 PM
I don't feel the need to ask others for help with my deck. Deckbuilding is half the fun of dueling for me.

LolsterXD97
16th February 2016, 03:41 PM
I just prefer to build my stuff alone, that's all.

SynjoDeonecros
17th February 2016, 03:30 AM
Well, I don't want to go back to Pojo for getting help on my decks, nor do I want to clog up the board with my own decks, so that's why I asked.

Passerby
19th February 2016, 08:18 AM
Because of the way our neighborhood play group (read broke college kids + younger family members) does things, I don't really think a decent amount (1/3) of my decks would be appropriate to share. No general ban list, no extra deck limit, honor system based, usually nothing above tier 2 or a very weak tier 1. If you have something that's considered degenerate or OP, it's a joke that you put away after showing it for everyone to laugh at. However, given the lack of a ban list or extra deck limit, I'm sure you guys can imagine what kind of goofy or bizarre things show up from time to time.

Plus, most of my deck building is designed off of, "I'd like deck to accomplish task X and Y. Win or lose, if it can do this most of the time I use it, I'm more or less happy with it." As a result, it's not like they're generally made to do anything particularly impressive.

JTSW
19th February 2016, 01:18 PM
I never knew about that decklist thread, and the reason I wouldn't wanna post my decks yet is because mainly I won't make up my mind on what to add.
Plus, people will add what they want to their decks. Whether for fun or competitiveness.

Latest deck I made for online play was Super Mecha Quantum's, and this was before the article about them was posted on org ironically.

SynjoDeonecros
12th May 2016, 02:35 AM
And I'm back to being the only one contributing to the board. Are people just that confident in their deck-building skills that they don't think they need help, or are they adverse to criticism?

Yuuri
12th May 2016, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that too, but I guess it can't be helped if other people don't want to post their decks.

I can't speak in the name of others, but I don't post my decks because I don't think they are interesting enough and most of them are just hyper casual and a inconsistent mess. And for me, it doesn't feel right to get help for my decks while I don't have knowledge to help anyone with theirs.

This is me, as well. Although I do create some crazy concepts every now and then, I don't feel as if they're interesting enough. Plus, I rarely post in this section, let alone help others with their decks. Nevertheless, I guess I could post stuff here every now and then.

And I'm back to being the only one contributing to the board. Are people just that confident in their deck-building skills that they don't think they need help, or are they adverse to criticism?

I assure you, it's not that I am confident in my deck building skills. It's just that the decks I create are so arbitrary and absurd, that I don't want to be labeled as some crazy lunatic that knows nothing of the game. Though, I wouldn't mind others' opinions on some of my decks. It would be a good laugh, I'd wager.

SynjoDeonecros
31st May 2016, 01:19 AM
I make oddball decks, myself; the only real "meta" deck I have is my Yosenju deck, and that's more pure than anything, so it's not as good as the other versions of it out there.

Also, why aren't there more people communicating on the Deck Discussion board, the one where people discuss differing ideas on a single archetype? Seems like only the mods are contributing to that, making new threads, but no one's ponying up to them.