PDA

View Full Version : Nirvana, I can feeling it Burning into the Abyss

Thanako
14th September 2015, 06:48 PM
Feel the flow of energy... (http://i.imgur.com/FnHwEAC.png)

So with the 19th coming ever so soon, this deck will actually become legal, along with my Monarch offering. Ultimately the deck will work very differently than it does in the TCG for those who stumble across this. I am convinced that it won't do as much in that format, but alas. I've done my best to give my least favorite deck in the TCG a change in the OCG. Grieving Fiend is one of the most underrated cards in the game, I must say. Please don't underestimate it. I'm using Ogre over Veiler, it's preference and the level makes it worth it. Traveler (the trap nobody uses in the TCG) is viable in the OCG at one because of cards like Torrential Tribute being at 3. Deck space is tight, and I know for a fact that this deck could work with as many as 45 cards, but I did my best to not get carried away with it. An earlier build had 43, for example. Testing out Anti-Spell Fragrance in most of my OCG decks to see how it stands in comparison to Spell Shattering Arrow. Mask of Restrict is to stop the happy Monarch players (such as myself).

Not too much more to say, but I admit that it does take a bit more time to see how the deck will actually play in the OCG.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong link.

Bakhain
14th September 2015, 07:12 PM
Traveler (the trap nobody uses in the TCG) is viable in the OCG at one because of cards like Torrential Tribute being at 3.THe first place build on YCS Toronto actually used 3 Traveler.

I am pretty sure the deck will be just as destructive in the OCG as it is in the TCG. OCG has 3 Tour Guide and soon 3 Fiendish Rhino Warrior, what gives them even more consistency. Keep in mind that, even if Duster is a thing there, BA used to play aggressively when it was at full power, not with Traps, so they can easily deal with that problem. Also, everything that can compete with BA in the TCG was nerfed in the OCG (Dolls, Nekroz, Qliphort) so the only thing that could stop them from jumping straight to Tier 0 status would be Performage Performapal (currently the deck with the highest amount of tops in OCG locals), maybe Majespecter/Magician (but they are pretty week in comparison to Performage/pal). During the rock-paper-scissors format between Shaddolls, Burning Abyss and Qliphorts, BA was the counter to Qlis, mainly because of their ability to get rid of scales and their floating capability to prevent OTKs. Since the best decks in the OCG are mainly Pendulums, I can easily see BA as a Tier 1 deck there.

Anyways, I don't see a reson for Shuffle Reborn. It is a bad card, you don't want to lose your hand just to summon a BA from the Graveyard (as if you needed it).
2-3 Rubic has always been optimal for me, I don't know how 1 works for you, but I'd recommend bumping it to 2 at least.
I also prefer 3 Fire Lake to get it to my hand as soon as possible.
I feel like 3 Torrential and 1 Dark Hole is kind of overkill. I'd drop the Dark Hole for something else, honestly.
Something you can try is Mathematician over Foolish. Mathematician can combo with Libic for a quick rank 3, though you have 3 Tour Guide so it might be unneccessary.
Overall the build looks pretty decent to me. With the amount of consistency BA has, you can do well with basicaly anything.

Thanako
14th September 2015, 07:23 PM
If you really think that this archetype is close to tier 0, I can't help but think it's your TCG experience clouding your perspective, and lack of understanding of the other format. The formats are more than just the cardpool, as the mindsets of different formats are also completely different. But this sort of thing is pretty difficult to describe in detail.

The deck wasn't so viable as it was, and that they needed Beatrice as an incentive to get people hyped for it. Your entire argument was based around the TCG, and it really means little with the OCG being completely different.

I've no doubt that the deck will be good, it just won't be nearly as good as the TCG showing. Not without even more support. Beatrice is nice, but I've already made the stance that the card isn't perfectly made in the deck it's designed for. The deck I've made has been doing pretty well, but playing online is a far-reach from playing in person. Some of the tinier OCG tournaments with like 9 players or such don't really count, either, but I still see where you are coming from. Only time will tell, but I have to disagree for now with your viewpoints.

Archfiend
14th September 2015, 07:40 PM
The way I see it, I don't think BA will do much in the OCG. With how the game is right now in OCG land and how crazy different the decks are in the OCG compared to the TCG, BA doesn't stand much of a chance against the current top tier decks in OCG land. The game is way too fast for BA to compete and keep up with current decks. Its the same problem I see that Star Seraphs had. When they hit the OCG, they had a huge impact on the meta game, but once we get them over here in the TCG they didn't really have that big of an impact like they did in the OCG because it was too late for them. Same as Chronomaly Nebra Disk.

I can't really see BA getting over fields that have Rafflesia and Shock Master already setup since most decks that are topping currently in the OCG are Performage and Pals. Beatrice was a nice addition, but I don't think it will help out as much as people think. Sure, you can send a Farfa to get rid of a problematic monster or send a Calcab to return a set card during your opponent's end phase. It not having BA in its name does hinder your plays a bit, but cards like Rhino Warrior do help with that.

All in all, I think they will probably make a dent in the first couple of weeks upon release, but after that they will die down slowly.