PDA

View Full Version : Barian vs. Numeron 1-4 Numbers?

SynjoDeonecros
19th February 2016, 02:40 PM
Which would you rather see be made into the "official" Numbers cards for the archetype: the Barian versions given to Don Thousand's puppets, or the Numeron Gate versions that Don Thousand himself uses?

Volteccer
19th February 2016, 03:52 PM
Barian. The Numeron Gate ones were all the same.

Maybe print both, and have the Numeron Gate ones just be commons or something. (Or all secrets, if they make the spell that summons all of them).

LolsterXD97
19th February 2016, 03:57 PM
The Numeron Gates can burn in hell for all I care. I would like to see both groups printed tho, just because the Numeron Gates are part of the original 100 Numbers.

SynjoDeonecros
19th February 2016, 04:11 PM
Only advantage the Numeron Gates have is that Number 1 has a Number C version, whereas none of the Barian versions have that, strangely.

King
19th February 2016, 04:21 PM
None of them, execept for Number 1 Infection Baal Zebu. They should remake Number 1 to 4.

SynjoDeonecros
19th February 2016, 06:53 PM
None of them, execept for Number 1 Infection Baal Zebu. They should remake Number 1 to 4.

They kinda cant, since both versions were featured in the anime, so any version they use will be from the anime.

Honestly, I think they should make a "true" Number 1 out of all of the Numeron versions, with an effect of like spawning 3 "Numeron Gate" tokens that get their ATK doubled with the Number when it activates its effect, then make the Barian versions of 2-4 actual Number cards. Dunno what they'd do with Number 1 Barian version, though; maybe make it an Xyz Change like Utopia Ray is?

Dyson Sphere
19th February 2016, 07:21 PM
Just make both there's so many 39s why can't there be 2 of each of them but If I had to choose 1 set it would be numeron

KingJinzo
19th February 2016, 10:55 PM
I want the Numeron Gates. These are the true 1-4 Numbers. Fakes are fakes.

SynjoDeonecros
19th February 2016, 11:35 PM
Honestly, I'd want the Barian versions; even though the Numeron Gates are the "true" Numbers, they are all the same and I can easily see Konami combining them into 1 Number card.

Then again, I'd also like to see what added effects they'd give to Dark Illumiknight.

KingKaash
20th February 2016, 02:44 AM
I want the Numeron Gates. These are the true 1-4 Numbers. Fakes are fakes.

Agreed. I didn't like the Barian Numbers 1-4 at all. Plus they're fake. The real Numeron Gates are more legit

Brightshine Stardust
22nd February 2016, 03:28 AM
Kinda ironic how the fake ones have more original appearance and effects than the real ones, really.

Makes it hard to decide which one I want to be printed.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd February 2016, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I wonder why? The only other Barian Number we saw that weren't Over Hundreds was Dark Illumiknight, and that had the same look and effect, except with a different color.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
22nd February 2016, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I wonder why? The only other Barian Number we saw that weren't Over Hundreds was Dark Illumiknight, and that had the same look and effect, except with a different color.

It was also attribute-flipped to DARK.

SynjoDeonecros
16th March 2016, 10:44 PM
Sill, essentially the same card as original Illumiknight. You'd think that the fake 1-4 would've been darker copies of the originals, and not totally new monsters, themselves...

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
16th March 2016, 10:47 PM
Sill, essentially the same card as original Illumiknight. You'd think that the fake 1-4 would've been darker copies of the originals, and not totally new monsters, themselves...

Chalk it up to inconsistency of writing. Zexal had some issues with that, particularly involving the Numbers themselves.

Baroque
17th March 2016, 01:17 AM
Honestly, rereading the fake Numbers 1-4, I do like them (though I'm willing to bet certain effects would get hard OPT clauses, like those of Number 4 and its companion Xyz) and wouldn't mind seeing them show up in addition to the Numeron Gates. Heck, I want the fake Numbers for what they do, while I want the Gates for plot, really.

I'd chalk that one up to Don Thousand, actually; if I were holding plot-relevant MacGuffin cards with the intent to use them and made fake versions of the same, and nobody else knew what they were or what they looked like, I'd sure as hell make the fakes look nothing alike so that my MacGuffins would still be a surprise. : V

That they turned out to be his go-to strategy, as well as such apparently-powerful cards, makes it all the more sensible for him to be a bit cagey about 'em. (C1000 and Ci1000 I feel are less his 'go-to strategy' and more 'Don Thousand playing the elementary school game of one-upmanship', I feel I should note before either is brought up.)

Cheesedude
17th March 2016, 01:23 AM
Chalk it up to inconsistency of writing. Zexal had some issues with that, particularly involving the Numbers themselves.

While that's true, I chalk that one up to the 1-4 being "special". Given that Thousand could manufacture fake Numbers, he clearly made those 4 especially for the people who ended up with them. The others (the only one of which we saw was Dark Illumiknight) were only meant to infect humans, so he was lazier with them.

That being said, I actually would not have had any problem with 1-4 having the same effect if it wasn't for the fakes being way more interesting. If the fakes didn't exist, I would just been like "meh" when I saw the Gates instead of "what the fuck?"

Even given that, the Gates had some beautiful animation and I did appreciate the callback to the Door that started everything.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
17th March 2016, 01:31 AM
While that's true, I chalk that one up to the 1-4 being "special". Given that Thousand could manufacture fake Numbers, he clearly made those 4 especially for the people who ended up with them. The others (the only one of which we saw was Dark Illumiknight) were only meant to infect humans, so he was lazier with them.

That being said, I actually would not have had any problem with 1-4 having the same effect if it wasn't for the fakes being way more interesting. If the fakes didn't exist, I would just been like "meh" when I saw the Gates instead of "what the fuck?"

Even given that, the Gates had some beautiful animation and I did appreciate the callback to the Door that started everything.

Meh, I guess.

My gripe is that it may just so happen that none of the Number 1-4, real or fake, may get a IRL release.

Baroque
17th March 2016, 01:43 AM
My gripe is that it may just so happen that none of the Number 1-4, real or fake, may get a IRL release.
Y'never know, they're actually bothering to release Number 100, an equally plot-y Number, so there's at least some hope.