PDA

View Full Version : Future Monster-Types suggestions

ScionStorm
21st February 2016, 10:09 PM
We got "Wyrm-Type" at the beginning of Arc-V. First new monster type since Psychics. But what do you guys think should be monster types in this game in the future?

Tops on my list is "Air-Type" (to go with Pyro, Aqua, Rock and Thunder). I believe Air should get it's own elemental typing. Right now monsters coming close to this are usually dumped somewhere between Winged-Beast and Fairy.

Also, "Illusionist-Type (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Illusion_Magic_%28Alignment%29)" was a type used by Pegasus in the original manga and was used in some non-canon video games (sometimes appearing as "Dream" element). It was even used in as a type in the Bandai version of the card game. Introducing new Illusionist/Illusory monsters as a counterpart to Spellcasters could be similar to the Wyrm/Phantom Dragon typing counterparting the Dragon-Type and several older monsters could be retrained into Illusionist-Type versions like Unmasked Dragon and the Metaphys series.

melcarba
22nd February 2016, 02:21 AM
We got "Wyrm-Type" at the beginning of Arc-V. First new monster type since Psychics. But what do you guys think should be monster types in this game in the future?

Tops on my list is "Air-Type" (to go with Pyro, Aqua, Rock and Thunder). I believe Air should get it's own elemental typing. Right now monsters coming close to this are usually dumped somewhere between Winged-Beast and Fairy.

Also, "Illusionist-Type (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Illusion_Magic_%28Alignment%29)" was a type used by Pegasus in the original manga and was used in some non-canon video games (sometimes appearing as "Dream" element). It was even used in as a type in the Bandai version of the card game. Introducing new Illusionist/Illusory monsters as a counterpart to Spellcasters could be similar to the Wyrm/Phantom Dragon typing counterparting the Dragon-Type and several older monsters could be retrained into Illusionist-Type versions like Unmasked Dragon and the Metaphys series.

They might need to rewrite several WIND monsters that were cast as Spellcasters (Hurricail #2, etc.)

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
22nd February 2016, 02:42 AM
I'd like to point out how Wyrm is an entirely redundant type, and was only conceived so that Yang Zings didn't break Dragon Rulers in a manner similar to Dark Matter.

Eva
22nd February 2016, 02:52 AM
If Zorc is coming in DPPM then we're getting Wicked God Beast at least.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd February 2016, 04:28 PM
Eldritch could be one, to shunt off highly unusual or otherworldly creatures that can't fit in reasonably in any other monster type.

Baroque
23rd February 2016, 12:25 AM
I'd like to point out how Wyrm is an entirely redundant type, and was only conceived so that Yang Zings didn't break Dragon Rulers in a manner similar to Dark Matter.
No more redundant than Beast-Warrior, and no more pointless by extension than Psychic-type. A new type is a new canvas with which the designers can work, a new frontier for card design -- and that's good, 'cause it means it opens the floor for new content overall. And ya gotta admit, the generic Wyrms have been going into some interesting-ish directions, aye? (And quicker than Psychic-type did, at that.)

Archsorcerer
23rd February 2016, 12:39 AM
Cyborgs? Half-man, half-machine.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
23rd February 2016, 01:12 AM
No more redundant than Beast-Warrior, and no more pointless by extension than Psychic-type. A new type is a new canvas with which the designers can work, a new frontier for card design -- and that's good, 'cause it means it opens the floor for new content overall. And ya gotta admit, the generic Wyrms have been going into some interesting-ish directions, aye? (And quicker than Psychic-type did, at that.)

I wouldn't necessarily disagree there, either. Why not throw Sea Serpents into that lot, as well?

SynjoDeonecros
23rd February 2016, 04:18 AM
How about Ethereal for obviously angelic or godlike creatures, to separate them from the more traditional Fairies?

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
23rd February 2016, 06:52 AM
How about Ethereal for obviously angelic or godlike creatures, to separate them from the more traditional Fairies?

Not necessary given the literal translation: Tenshi is "Angel"; presumably this was changed to avoid religious reference, but Konami being Konami went ahead and printed "Shining Angel." Also of note, in a similar vein, is that Fiend is Akuma, "Demon".