PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Scale 2

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 08:48 PM
Spoilers should be coming out at some point this week. Barring a last minute twist, it should be Sawatari vs Yuto.

Now the main question is if it'll be more than 15 pages this time.

Blue
14th September 2015, 08:50 PM
The real question though is what deck will each of them use?

The only card we really know is Odd-eyes phantom

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 08:52 PM
If they are going for any sort of cross promotional madness for Premium Packs and the like:

Sawatari would probably use Yosenju or Abyss Actor.

Yuto probably uses Phantom Knights.

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 02:13 AM
Hope so, need to see some damn phantom knights already

Tachyonic
15th September 2015, 03:20 PM
Half expecting grimdark Performapal stuff. Hopefully not.

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 03:25 PM
Half expecting grimdark Performapal stuff. Hoepfully not.

Hopefully so, that would be awesome
Performaphantoms

Yuuri
15th September 2015, 05:25 PM
I have a feeling that we will be seeing more Phantom Knights, as the 4 confirmed cards cannot make up an archetype. It would also be a good time to throw in the manga-exclusive Phantom Knights into Wing Raiders.

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 05:29 PM
I have a feeling that we will be seeing more Phantom Knights, as the 4 confirmed cards cannot make up an archetype. It would also be a good time to throw in the manga-exclusive Phantom Knights into Wing Raiders.

Tell that to Raid Raptors, til CORE we had to live with 3 main deck monsters (4 in the OCG)
of course, Shadow Veil is also a thing if you count that...

Yuuri
15th September 2015, 07:15 PM
Tell that to Raid Raptors, til CORE we had to live with 3 main deck monsters (4 in the OCG)
of course, Shadow Veil is also a thing if you count that...

Considering Shadow Veil does almost nothing for the Phantom Knight archetype? I would not count that as an actual support card, but more less of a gimmick. Though, it can be sent to the graveyard via Rugged Gloves' effect and then be used for a Rank 4 Xyz monster, I still would not use it.

NeoArkadia
15th September 2015, 08:52 PM
Guys, you might want to keep the Phantom Knights discussion in Wing Raiders.thread.

NeoArkadia
15th September 2015, 11:12 PM
http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/45421054.html
New Monarch is played by Sawatari.

Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon is used by Yuto.

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 11:19 PM
http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/45421054.html
New Monarch is played by Sawatari.

Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon is used by Yuto.

That thing reminds me of the Supression PLUTO, and I LOVE it

NeoArkadia
15th September 2015, 11:59 PM
It's called Angmar the Fiend Monarch

Yes, it's named after the Tolkein location.

Dread Kaiser
16th September 2015, 12:05 AM
Remember whenn there were only 4 Monarchs....

SynjoDeonecros
16th September 2015, 12:58 AM
Aww, I was hoping for more Yosenju support. Manga gets the best cards made...

Dread Kaiser
16th September 2015, 01:04 AM
Aww, I was hoping for more Yosenju support. Manga gets the best cards made...

That'd be nice and all, but they are a pendulum set. If the Anime is anything to take cues from, I don't think they'd have widespread access to that yet. Him back to using Tribute based Monarchs support that but we'd have to wait and see.

I just want to see Odd-eyes Phantom

Blue
16th September 2015, 02:08 AM
They'll probably give him Yosenjus later if they get full access to pendulums like in the anime

Dread Kaiser
16th September 2015, 02:10 AM
They'll probably give him Yosenjus later if they get full access to pendulums like in the anime

Possibly, but since Yosenju was just a one-off thing for him so Reiji could get some test data or something, its equally possible they will just skip to the Abyss Actors.

of course since he is also using new Monarchs, he could actually stick wtih these the whole way through

Blue
16th September 2015, 02:15 AM
Possibly, but since Yosenju was just a one-off thing for him so Reiji could get some test data or something, its equally possible they will just skip to the Abyss Actors.

of course since he is also using new Monarchs, he could actually stick wtih these the whole way through

>Pendulum monarchs

please for the love of Quasar no.

Dread Kaiser
16th September 2015, 02:18 AM
>Pendulum monarchs

please for the love of Quasar no.

I believe those are called Qli, and are already a thing

Blue
16th September 2015, 02:23 AM
Imagine Qlis but with all the stupid support cards monarchs have.

Dread Kaiser
16th September 2015, 02:26 AM
Well, no
Remember that support usually requires an empty extra, something that kinda defeats the purpose of using pendulums

Blue
16th September 2015, 02:30 AM
Hmmm, you're right. Definitely abyss actors then if not a new manga exclusive archtype.

Though lately they've been using the mangas to build on already existing anime archtypes. See: Blackwings

Dread Kaiser
16th September 2015, 02:33 AM
Hmmm, you're right. Definitely abyss actors then if not a new manga exclusive archtype.

Though lately they've been using the mangas to build on already existing anime archtypes. See: Blackwings

True, but not always, See:Junk, Jack.dek, and biggest of all, Masked HERO.

Not much to really do but wait and see how this sure-to-be awesome Manga continues

Hope in the Interstice
16th September 2015, 07:15 AM
So has this been subbed in English anywhere yet?

NeoArkadia
16th September 2015, 09:33 AM
Viz will be releasing their official translation within a week or two. The chapter isn't officially out yet, the only information known so far is from Maxut's blog.

Hope in the Interstice
16th September 2015, 09:40 AM
Viz will be releasing their official translation within a week or two. The chapter isn't officially out yet, the only information known so far is from Maxut's blog.
Got it. Thanks.

Tachyonic
17th September 2015, 04:01 PM
Found these scans.

http://i.imgur.com/fJlsKtQl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HwQDHKD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bvF2WTY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kJHVPLL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eGagxZfh.jpg

Mystic TimeKeeper
17th September 2015, 04:10 PM
Strange to say, Yuzu seems livelier here than in the anime, seeing Yuto in action again made me remember how much cool he was and Dark Rebellion being in the manga gives me hope to see some upgrade to him. Also, since a lot less cards from the manga gets printed, I hope the character count stays down.

Last thing, hoping a girl joins the Akaba team, and please make her important (unlike that Luna chick from Zexal manga whose role was just giving Shark a god damn number card).

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 04:19 PM
Dark Rebellion looking awesome as always
Sora in a chopper?
Yuzu Demands yer attention...

Mystic TimeKeeper
17th September 2015, 04:24 PM
Oh, I forgot to say, Yuto's gonna use Phantom Knights, but I sincerely hope Yuya isn't going to use Entermates, I apologize to those who like them but they really kill the mood when they appear.

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 04:36 PM
Agreed
Its like the Madolches, Naturias or any of Yumas Syllable archetypes, I just can't take them seriously and their appearence (or sound in that last case) annoy me

サッシ
17th September 2015, 05:58 PM
Looks like things went full circle and we're about to see another clash between Yuto and Sawatari, who's using Monarchs once again. Man I sure have missed Yuto and it's really cool to see him duel once again. That Dark Rebellion summoning scan looks truly magnificent.

So far the manga has gotten off to a great start and looks very promising.

Mystic TimeKeeper
17th September 2015, 06:57 PM
I just realized that since the manga uses a lot of material from their anime counterpart they can skip a lot of explanations and go straightforward to business.

That may be one of the reasons the manga seems better on first impact.

AccelRainbowDashley
17th September 2015, 07:02 PM
I just realized that since the manga uses a lot of material from their anime counterpart they can skip a lot of explanations and go straightforward to business.

That may be one of the reasons the manga seems better on first impact.

Arc-V anime didn't waste a lot of time, either. Yuto and The Plot was introduced very early on, when other shows would hold off for the first 26 episodes to establish the main cast and setting.

Mystic TimeKeeper
17th September 2015, 07:11 PM
Arc-V anime didn't waste a lot of time, either. Yuto and The Plot was introduced very early on, when other shows would hold off for the first 26 episodes to establish the main cast and setting.
That's true, I didn't meant to say the anime was slow, but thinking about the manga, their pace is abnormally fast, if you try to read those as a standalone I'm sure one would feel that the settings is pretty vague, taking Scale 1 as an example, in the 1st chapter we see Yuya (sort of) and Yuto running from Reiji and his goons (and Sora and Shun are working together) for reasons (Reiji mentioned something in that regard at least) but it's not like they explained much, most of our discussion came from the fact we know the characters and we try to guess their roles comparing to the anime, at least that was my impression thinking about it after a while.

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 07:17 PM
ARC V has just done a damn good job in general really. now lets hope they don't drop the ball, or suffer 5D's fate. fucking executive meddling.

AccelRainbowDashley
17th September 2015, 07:31 PM
That's true, I didn't meant to say the anime was slow, but thinking about the manga, their pace is abnormally fast, if you try to read those as a standalone I'm sure one would feel that the settings is pretty vague, taking Scale 1 as an example, in the 1st chapter we see Yuya (sort of) and Yuto running from Reiji and his goons (and Sora and Shun are working together) for reasons (Reiji mentioned something in that regard at least) but it's not like they explained much, most of our discussion came from the fact we know the characters and we try to guess their roles comparing to the anime, at least that was my impression thinking about it after a while.

It's possible. Yuya and Yuto have a Yugi and Atem gimmick, which should be familiar to all fans of the series and require very little explanation. The others like Shun and Sora appear to have been 'repackaged' as the LDS strike force, which would imply there's no inter-dimensional conflict. I don't think someone brand new to the series will be too confused, though. If anything they might think they're just trying to recreate Yugi and Atem for a new generation.

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 07:34 PM
It's possible. Yuya and Yuto have a Yugi and Atem gimmick, which should be familiar to all fans of the series and require very little explanation. The others like Shun and Sora appear to have been 'repackaged' as the LDS strike force, which would imply there's no inter-dimensional conflict. I don't think someone brand new to the series will be too confused, though. If anything they might think they're just trying to recreate Yugi and Atem for a new generation.

I don't recall Yugi or Atem being God damn Batman...Occasionally Dark yes but not Batman

Needless to say I do approve of the change

SynjoDeonecros
17th September 2015, 07:39 PM
Actually, I haven't really gotten into Arc-V like I did with the others, and I think the Friendship Cup/Synchro Dimension stuff is a huge drag to the series, right now. I don't see it going anywhere until the Academia starts wreaking havoc again, and who knows when that'll be?

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 07:41 PM
yeah I know what you mean
After the Drama carpet bombing that Sora led into that tourny, nothing really can follow up on that shit. the Hype was so real

AccelRainbowDashley
17th September 2015, 07:55 PM
You really shouldn't try to follow up with that either. After Shun vs Sora, the plot went into high gear and the Battle Royale was full of great moments. It might seem like a good idea for it to stay at the same level constantly, but that puts a lot of pressure on the writers, and if it maintains that level, it will soon become the norm, and they would need to do even crazier things to make it exciting again. Having a slower period afterwards gives viewers, and writers, time to slow down and build up to the next big event.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
20th September 2015, 07:23 PM
Evidently manga Dark Rebellion has the RL effect.

Dread Kaiser
20th September 2015, 07:25 PM
You really shouldn't try to follow up with that either. After Shun vs Sora, the plot went into high gear and the Battle Royale was full of great moments. It might seem like a good idea for it to stay at the same level constantly, but that puts a lot of pressure on the writers, and if it maintains that level, it will soon become the norm, and they would need to do even crazier things to make it exciting again. Having a slower period afterwards gives viewers, and writers, time to slow down and build up to the next big event.

Which is what They are doing, and if todays Episode is any indication, the speed is about to pick back up

SynjoDeonecros
20th September 2015, 08:14 PM
So, let me get this straight: Yuya in the manga is a competent hacker AND already has his Xyz dimension counterpart as a split personality? And they don't explain how this happened in the manga? They're taking things really on a lark that the readers are familiar with the anime to get this, especially since the anime and manga has had decisively different plots and characterizations since GX...

AccelRainbowDashley
20th September 2015, 09:43 PM
So, let me get this straight: Yuya in the manga is a competent hacker AND already has his Xyz dimension counterpart as a split personality? And they don't explain how this happened in the manga? They're taking things really on a lark that the readers are familiar with the anime to get this, especially since the anime and manga has had decisively different plots and characterizations since GX...

No. Yuya is an Entermainment Duelist. Yuto is the hacker, and it's more than split personality. They physically transform into whoever is in 'control' at the time. Like Yugi and Atem.

SynjoDeonecros
20th September 2015, 09:52 PM
I see. So Jekyll and Hyde.

AccelRainbowDashley
20th September 2015, 10:03 PM
Yugi and Atem is the best description, since they also talk to one another.

HelixReactor
22nd September 2015, 06:03 AM
Welp, that was a fun read, as was the previous chapter.

I don't know how things were in the One Shot Special, but it seems that Action Duels here have different rules than the anime's. Well.. technically one rule: Each player can only pick up one Action Card per turn, but they can have as many as they want in their hand, and some of these card seem to only be activatable when the player has another copy of them in their hand. I'm curious to see now what other kinds of interactions can Action Cards have with each other. And overall, I think this is a great change from the anime.

Now, for the chapter itself:

It's pretty much a reinterpretation of Episode 7's duel, except with having Sawatari giving a hard time to Yuto this time. Of course, it won't last long, as, by the end of chapter, Yuya takes over (I guess he needs his weekly/monthly dose of Sawatari-wrecking), and, well... to be continued. I'm curious to see how Yuya's deck theme will be handled here, and hopefully, we'll be seeing Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon in action next time.

Other than other, Reiji mentions Yuya as being "the Destiny Factor", whatever that means, and that both him and Yuya are "one of a kind". So I guess Reiji's role in this story might be even more important than in the anime? But we'll have to wait until he decides to leave that monitoring room first..

Meanwhile, Yuzu is also here, but, Like Reiji, she has yet to do anything valuable.

Joenen
6th October 2015, 03:30 PM
Unlike Yugi / Atem, this transformation is much more visible to other people. Like, everyone in AV Manga notices Yuya switch with Yuto. But only people that spend time with Yugi notice when he switches back and forth between Atem.

Which is hilarious because people in the anime have a lot of trouble telling Yuya / Yuto / Yuri / yugo apart :^ )

ScionStorm
11th October 2015, 08:00 PM
People in the anime see their faces and see that they look hauntingly similar and mistake them for each other. Like, I think Yuzu thought that Yuto was just Yuya in a wig faking a voice. But where the only difference between Atem and Yugi seems to be spiked bangs and a slightly deeper voice. If you instantly go from a tomato-top to jet black with blue bangs then people are going to suspect something's going on.

Dread Kaiser
11th October 2015, 08:12 PM
People in the anime see their faces and see that they look hauntingly similar and mistake them for each other. Like, I think Yuzu thought that Yuto was just Yuya in a wig faking a voice. But where the only difference between Atem and Yugi seems to be spiked bangs and a slightly deeper voice. If you instantly go from a tomato-top to jet black with blue bangs then people are going to suspect something's going on.

Worlds only patron of Instant Hair Dye, nothing to see here

TheRamenNoodle
29th December 2015, 03:03 AM
Uhhh anybody have an idea where you can find some english translations of this manga?

mangaraw
8th September 2016, 01:29 PM
looks like we will get mangadragons like we got the dueldragons as counterparts to the signerdragons