PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Manga Discussion

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 08:54 PM
Discuss Kageyama Naoyuki's alternate universe manga of the GX anime, including a more serious take of Manjoume.

shounenprotagrl
18th September 2015, 11:30 AM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/4b9d99d661bc4e26e9e71cbfad820a3b/tumblr_nuqb86eV6Z1stmglwo1_400.png

My absolute favorite version of every character.

I LOVE anime!Manjoume but he got sidelined way too badly for a rival. His manga counterpart isn't a Kaiba ripoff either. Though more reserved and serious, Manjoume is still quite friendly and amiable. He's a lot like 5D's Yusei now that I think about it. His intertwined past with Judai is also a nice touch.

The comedy is top-notch too. Doesn't have a great villain (not even close) but Koyo Hibiki and the tragic back story and dimensions he adds to Judai brings a tear to my eye. Every time I reread the flashback of Koyo's collapse, I get some serious sadness going on.

It's too bad Johan doesn't get a particular role. He and Judai literally just exchange one line and then it was goodbye. Their friendship love is the only thing I liked in the GX anime.

Cheesedude
18th September 2015, 04:55 PM
Other versions of YGO haves never been able to surprise me in terms of Duel results like the GX manga does.

I'll leave at that. If you haven't read it, READ IT.

Also.

It was a Happy Duel.

SynjoDeonecros
18th September 2015, 06:15 PM
I liked the concept of the planetary monsters. Seems really interesting. They need to do more stuff like that.

Mystic TimeKeeper
18th September 2015, 06:51 PM
I liked the concept of the planetary monsters. Seems really interesting. They need to do more stuff like that.

Before doing more stuff like that, they really should finish the Planetary Series once and for all.

mangaraw
8th September 2016, 01:31 PM
The manga for GX had a focus on Jaden early on INCLUDING where he got his deck from originally and gives Chaz an actual boss monster

ScionStorm
19th October 2016, 08:30 AM
Before doing more stuff like that, they really should finish the Planetary Series once and for all.
I think they heard you...

Maybe if I pray loud enough, they will grant us main deck Masked HEROs and Solidroids.

This series turned out a lot of awesome decks that deserve some OCG love. From Asuka's Ice-Counter pioneering to the concept of Misawa's Yokai deck. Vision HEROs... I even liked Fubuking's Sphere archetype and I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of those realized irl. Seka's snakey deck was even kind of fun. It's too bad they weren't Venom monsters.

I don't think any of these manga that have come out since this one have really had as interesting a variety of decks featured.