PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 95-96 Discussion: Entertainment vs Entertainment (and Ping Pong)

KingJinzo
17th March 2016, 08:30 PM
We see the Lancers defeating some fodder, Reiji destroys a bunch of Mirror Forces and other Traps, the Commons are on a riot, Shinji is doing his Ikari shit again, Crow is the only reasonable dueling Common besides Tokumatsu, Lancers flying on birds, Yuzu pushing Roget who hits his head, Roget being insane, and Jack gives no shit about egao. Yusho might be the pioneer of Entertainment Dueling, but what is Yuya? He is just his son, but not Yusho.

Of course, we have ABUSORYUTO PAWAA FUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMU against 15x Goyo Emperors.

Next episode we have two really powerful Synchro Monsters and a homage to Red Nova vs Shooting Star.

Red Daemon's Dragon Tyrant has a ridiculously easy summoning condition and is really powerful. And Nirvana High Magician has also an awesome summoning requirement for Pendulum decks and he can halve the opponent's Life Points.

NassX
17th March 2016, 09:07 PM
We see the Lancers defeating some fodder, Reiji destroys a bunch of Mirror Forces and other Traps, the Commons are on a riot, Shinji is doing his Ikari shit again, Crow is the only reasonable dueling Common besides Tokumatsu, Lancers flying on birds, Yuzu pushing Roget who hits his head, Roget being insane, and Jack gives no shit about egao. Yusho might be the pioneer of Entertainment Dueling, but what is Yuya? He is just his son, but not Yusho.

Of course, we have ABUSORYUTO PAWAA FUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMU against 15x Goyo Emperors.

Next episode we have two really powerful Synchro Monsters and a homage to Red Nova vs Shooting Star.

Red Daemon's Dragon Tyrant has a ridiculously easy summoning condition and is really powerful. And Nirvana High Magician has also an awesome summoning requirement for Pendulum decks and he can halve the opponent's Life Points.

I do wonder who will take the damage for scarlight's effect..
Was I the only one that noticed that security didn't take damage from joining the duel? Only the lancers appear to have it.
I wonder how yuya will survive Jack's turn. Probably only with action cards :/

LolsterXD97
17th March 2016, 09:09 PM
Was I the only one that noticed that security didn't take damage from joining the duel? Only the lancers appear to have it.

Sergey and Sora say nope.

NassX
17th March 2016, 09:11 PM
Sergey and Sora say nope.

Oh forgot them
still

LolsterXD97
17th March 2016, 09:17 PM
Yuya would take either 7500 damage or 1000 damage from Scarlight's mass murder.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
17th March 2016, 09:53 PM
OH LORD WHAT THE FUCK JACK SMILED.

Wonderful acting on the part of Shun's aggressive pointing Reiji's scarf, and Roger's facial expressions.

Thank fuck Red Wyvern didn't get Smile World'd.

Well that was a pretty meh ending.

yshipster
17th March 2016, 11:20 PM
Well, Yuyas combo was actually pretty nice. And finally, someone pointed that Yuyas Enternainment Duel isn't his own.

I'm curious about next weeks duel, since
The duel will take two more episodes from now on, so I wonder if Nirvana High Paladin get's detroyed and Yuya uses him alongside Xiangke Magician as a Pendulum Scale, since his current scales mostly blow up themselves by protecting his field monsters. But what will he summon then? Besides Tuning Magician I bet for the classic Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, but let's just see...

LolsterXD97
17th March 2016, 11:23 PM
Well, Yuyas combo was actually pretty nice. And finally, someone pointed that Yuyas Enternainment Duel isn't his own.

I'm curious about next weeks duel, since
The duel will take two more episodes from now on, so I wonder if Nirvana High Paladin get's detroyed and Yuya uses him alongside Xiangke Magician as a Pendulum Scale, since his current scales mostly blow up themselves by protecting his field monsters. But what will he summon then? Besides Tuning Magician I bet for the classic Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, but let's just see...

This is my bet on what will happen:
With the new cards revealed, I'm seeing the Duel going like this:
-Let's ignore Jack and Yuya's folowing turns and go fast forward (I don't know if Yuya is going to use a draw card or something like that).

-Yuya Summons Tuning Magician, takes burn and Jack gains 400 LP, then Yuya Summons Life Swordsman and its ATK becomes 400. Then he Pendulum Summons Radish Horse and Timebreaker to Synchro Summon EnPal and recover Smile World, and then activates it with Scarlight's ATK becoming 3300, EnPal's 2800, and Life Swordsman's 700, then Yuya tributes Life Swordsman to make EnPal gain 1000 ATK and attacks Scarlight, but Jack uses an Action Card to prevent its destruction.

-Jack activates Scarlight's effect trying to destroy EnPal, but Yuya activates Bubbulldog's effect to prevent its destruction, destroying itself instead, then Scarlight attacks but Yuya activates Rubber Mutton's Effect to prevent its destruction.

-Yuya sets Xiangke in the Pendulum Zone and Pendulum Summons Cheermole, then he Tunes it with EnPal to Summon Nirvana Paladin, and recover ?, then it attacks Scarlight but Jack uses King Scarlet to prevent its destruction and Summon it as a Level 1 Tuner.

-Jack Double Tunes, Summoning RDA Tyrant and activates its effect, destroying all cards on the field, Yuya places Nirvana Paladin in his Pendulum Zone, Jack then attacks and Yuya activates an Action Card to negate it, but Jack negates it with Tyrant that gains 500 ATK and continues, but Yuya Special Summons Acrobat Magician to intercept the attack since the Action Card was negated, then he places it in the Pendulum Zone when it is destroyed by battle via its effect.

-Yuya Pendulum Summons Bubbulldog, Rubber Mutton, Radish Horse, Timebreaker and Xiangke, then he rams all of his weak monsters on Tyrant, reducing its ATK until it reaches 0 and preventing damage and his monster's destruction with Nirvana Paladin's Pendulum Effect and Xiangke making the final attack.

Sanokal
18th March 2016, 12:06 AM
Finally, the subs are up. I suppose that I'd better get used to them being this late.

Episode 95 was excellent. The Lancers are coming together to kick ass, with their own private air force, and while it's effectively a getting there episode, by far my favourite moment was Crow telling Shinji that he's had enough of his crap. It was sad to see them facing off, but also good to see. In addition, Declan sates our lust for awesomeness on his part by wrecking Security with Kali Yuga, and even the Executive Council (goddamn I like White Taki) get in a moment of awesome.

Episode 96 was mostly great...but OH MY GOD THE ANIMATION LOOKS LIKE MANGLED ASS! THIS IS WORSE THAT EPISODE 12!

Joking aside, JACK ATLAS is the star of this episode. When the Commons get in and are ready to give the Tops (admittedly, a possibly deserved) beatdown (even if it would undoubtedly go too far), JACK ATLAS stands up as effectively tells them, "Sit the hell down and shut the **** up, we're dueling". So awesome. Then he continues the trend by utterly dominating Yuya and Security. Nobody stops JACK ATLAS! Despite everyone putting Yusho's style as cloned by Yuya down, I actually really enjoyed seeing it again, and hopefully he adapts it into his own, not loses it.

I hate spoilers. Why did I look at the Dark Illusion page?

yshipster
18th March 2016, 01:25 AM
This is my bet on what will happen:
With the new cards revealed, I'm seeing the Duel going like this:
-Let's ignore Jack and Yuya's folowing turns and go fast forward (I don't know if Yuya is going to use a draw card or something like that).

-Yuya Summons Tuning Magician, takes burn and Jack gains 400 LP, then Yuya Summons Life Swordsman and its ATK becomes 400. Then he Pendulum Summons Radish Horse and Timebreaker to Synchro Summon EnPal and recover Smile World, and then activates it with Scarlight's ATK becoming 3300, EnPal's 2800, and Life Swordsman's 700, then Yuya tributes Life Swordsman to make EnPal gain 1000 ATK and attacks Scarlight, but Jack uses an Action Card to prevent its destruction.

-Jack activates Scarlight's effect trying to destroy EnPal, but Yuya activates Bubbulldog's effect to prevent its destruction, destroying itself instead, then Scarlight attacks but Yuya activates Rubber Mutton's Effect to prevent its destruction.

-Yuya sets Xiangke in the Pendulum Zone and Pendulum Summons Cheermole, then he Tunes it with EnPal to Summon Nirvana Paladin, and recover ?, then it attacks Scarlight but Jack uses King Scarlet to prevent its destruction and Summon it as a Level 1 Tuner.

-Jack Double Tunes, Summoning RDA Tyrant and activates its effect, destroying all cards on the field, Yuya places Nirvana Paladin in his Pendulum Zone, Jack then attacks and Yuya activates an Action Card to negate it, but Jack negates it with Tyrant that gains 500 ATK and continues, but Yuya Special Summons Acrobat Magician to intercept the attack since the Action Card was negated, then he places it in the Pendulum Zone when it is destroyed by battle via its effect.

-Yuya Pendulum Summons Bubbulldog, Rubber Mutton, Radish Horse, Timebreaker and Xiangke, then he rams all of his weak monsters on Tyrant, reducing its ATK until it reaches 0 and preventing damage and his monster's destruction with Nirvana Paladin's Pendulum Effect and Xiangke making the final attack.

Fits with all previews, so it's not unlikely to happen that way...

Only problem is, that Nirvana High Paladin, unlike Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, does not destroy existing Pendulum Scales so that it can place itself in the Pendulum Zones. Yuya has to get rid of his Scales before Paladins destruction therefore. The rest however seems still like a good prediction to me.

King
18th March 2016, 01:29 AM
A fun fact about the next episode, is that Red Dragon Archfiend Tyrant, will make his debut on my birthday

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
18th March 2016, 02:29 AM
It's honestly bothering me how they're setting up dueling to be this be-all end-all solution to all the world's problems, which is really nothing new for the franchise... but... eh, wishful thinking; my expectations are too high for a YGO series.

But seriously, the whole notion that a fucking card game could settle mass disparity of wealth and socioeconomic oppression and political disenfranchisement is fucking ridiculous. It's like something out of a dystopia novel where the oppressed masses are complacent simply because they're too busy being enamored by monster holograms beating each other up. I've mentioned it before, but it's like the writers are favoring the notion of stability through bread and circuses (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BreadAndCircuses)... except without the bread, because half the time they have to steal food to live. That, or simply might makes right, which really isn't better at all.

SynjoDeonecros
18th March 2016, 02:39 AM
Bread and circuses, you say? So, where's the group of escaped slaves who worship the Sun/Son for Spock and McCoy to bicker about?

KingJinzo
18th March 2016, 04:09 AM

They had 15 Goyo Emperors already, which means that they were in the middle of an on-going duel. Who could they haved fough? Themselves of course. Remember the Knights of Duels?

Wave.
18th March 2016, 05:12 AM

Only problem is, that Nirvana High Paladin, unlike Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, does not destroy existing Pendulum Scales so that it can place itself in the Pendulum Zones. Yuya has to get rid of his Scales before Paladins destruction therefore. The rest however seems still like a good prediction to me.

Tyrant's effect destroys his scales then Nirvana's effect resolves. Yes it wouldn't work like that in the real game but hey won't be the first time the writers screwed the rules. Example, Kali Yuga's effect activation shenanigans in Yuya vs Reiji v2.

Mari
18th March 2016, 05:59 PM
I'm more interested to see what kind of attitude Yuya will take on dueling from now on. Like I wonder if he's going to take a page from Jack and "power and advantage = entertainment" but without putting the opponent in an embarrassing position (honestly it's funny to me how Sawatari found his own style of Entertainment Dueling before Yuya did and had the audience clapping)

I'm also surprised to see that the Synchro Pendulum is not a dimensional dragon hybrid between Clear Wing and Odd-Eyes, but it doesn't mean it's being ruled out either, we might still see it.

And if Odd-Eyes Rebellion represents Berserk Yuya and Nirvana High Paladin represents Yuya's true dueling style I can't help but wonder what the Fusion Pendulum will represent.

LolsterXD97
18th March 2016, 07:03 PM

RDA Tyrant would destroy all cards on the field, that includes Nirvana Paladin and Yuya's Scales, so it can be put there after Tyrant's effect resolves.

Volteccer
18th March 2016, 08:10 PM
I'm more interested to see what kind of attitude Yuya will take on dueling from now on. Like I wonder if he's going to take a page from Jack and "power and advantage = entertainment" but without putting the opponent in an embarrassing position (honestly it's funny to me how Sawatari found his own style of Entertainment Dueling before Yuya did and had the audience clapping)

I'm also surprised to see that the Synchro Pendulum is not a dimensional dragon hybrid between Clear Wing and Odd-Eyes, but it doesn't mean it's being ruled out either, we might still see it.

And if Odd-Eyes Rebellion represents Berserk Yuya and Nirvana High Paladin represents Yuya's true dueling style I can't help but wonder what the Fusion Pendulum will represent.

His current style involves hyping his moves before and while he does them. Maybe hell evolve it to be about keeping things close to his chest, then going "Got you!" with his tricky effects.

Baconator
18th March 2016, 08:41 PM
I'm betting that no matter what Yuya does, in the end Jack is going to double tune his red dragon archfiend tyrant. Can't have JACK ATLAS without a red nova retrain, and there isn't one in the anime yet.

KingKaash
19th March 2016, 07:09 PM
Watched Episode 96 finally and it was certainly one of the better appetizer episodes as I like to call it, where we only get the start of the duel. Jack Atlas is truly a badass. He's so intense and serious and while it may rub some viewers the wrong way and project him as one-dimensional, I really like it. When he shut down Yuya for making that joke about how many turns he'll beat him in this time, it shows that hardness that Jack has grown into since he was an abandoned child. Like Jack ain't here to play games (even though he's playing a card game) and smile. And I'm glad he called out Yuya and his "inherited" dueling. He wants everyone to grown into their own. Just like when Reira handled that Security mook by himself, that made Jack freaking Atlas smile.

Other than that, Yuya went for a different kind of One-Turn power move kinda of like how he did the first time with his Rune-Eyes and DRXD but Jack jammed it once again, this time with his crazy King's Synchro. Kinda annoyed with Roger and his constant interference of Security mooks getting in the way by now, but I think this is the last of that.

The preview looks lit and I think it might be really good quality episode considering the writers got 2 weeks to work on it. I really like the new Spellcaster that's about to appear and it's concept but I'll wait to gush on that next time.