PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Aromage

quincymccoy
14th September 2015, 10:40 PM
So hello folks,
In order to celebrate the launch of the Forums, I will be posting quite a few deck display topics of cool deck ideas I have toyed around with. Hopefully they can make up for the lack of articles until I get some more progress done in that department!

The first deck I'd like to showcase is Reverse Aromage. Everyone knows that Aromage as a theme is designed around Trigger Effects when you Gain LP, and Continuous Effects whenever your LP is higher. Most duelists immediately turn to LP gaining cards to kill 2 birds with 1 stone - but that leaves you with one major issue, fall behind with Aromage and you lose. No LP gain cards can recover upwards of 3000 or more LP in a short amount of time without some big downside. Therefore, I decided to take the theme in a different direction - featuring Burn Cards!

CLICK HERE FOR DECK PIC (http://i.imgur.com/Beaul0J.png)

While the monster lineup is a fairly standard balance for most Aromage Decks, you'll notice that I'm going with the lovely Golden Ladybug and the double Plant Tuners to support the main Aroma Engine... Then things start to get funky!

Seed Cannon: Each time a Plant-Type monster(s) is Summoned, place 1 Plant Counter on this card (max. 5). You can send this card to the Graveyard to inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each Plant Counter on it.
While this spell card doesn't seem like much, it actually is the linchpin that gives this deck the versatility to keep up with other rogue threats. Either you let the burn build up for one massive shot, or you shoot off the cannon as soon as you can in order to get back in the LP lead! While 2500 damage doesn't seem like much, in a deck running Ring of Destruction, 3 Blazing Mirror Force, and Ceasefire, 2500 damage is plenty for one card to put out. Especially when you can easily hit that 5 token mark with Lone -> Lone -> Lone -> Jasmine -> Extra Normal. Or my preferred combo: Foolish Dandy, Summon Tokens -> Tribute Token for Super Solar Nutrient to summon Lone -> Lone -> Lone -> Jasmine. Not bad for a 3 card combo that nets you 2500 damage and a solid field before even factoring in your other cards!

Anyways, that's the deck, hope you like it, and hopefully this inspires you try something new today with a seemingly straightforward archetype of your choice!

xeroplazm
14th September 2015, 10:46 PM
Have you considered using Dark Snake Syndrome? Since Aromages give you high lp, you'll be less affected by the damage, plus it will reduce your opponents life points quicker.

quincymccoy
14th September 2015, 10:49 PM
Snake takes a bit too long to setup in this deck, also, you don't have the luxury of negation or protection to keep it alive.

Pure PsyFRAME on the other hand... now that's a deck that abuses Dark Snake Syndrome. Yes, it is the way of not decking out by an opponent refusing to play, and you have the lovely Psyframe protection!

xeroplazm
14th September 2015, 10:51 PM
True. Nonetheless it seems like a fun deck and I might test it out at some point.

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 01:18 AM
I use Dark Snake in my Performages (its pure Performage, not the Clownblade or Rank4.dek version)
Its fun to see them burn and me not taking a scratch.