PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 97 Discussion: Evolution vs Evolution - Shooting Star vs Red Nova

KingJinzo
20th March 2016, 02:51 PM
The duel between Yuya and Jack continues. Yuya combines his Action Duel skills with his own cards to defend himself against Jack's Red Daemon's Dragons. Even though he is not the same Jack from 5D's, this Jack serves the purpose as a seasoned veteran to teach Yuya about the philosophy of dueling and what to believe in. On the other side, Reiji orders the Lancers to stop the riot, as Security is unable to stop an escalation since Sora and Tsukikage did their thing. Reiji is on the way to kick Roget's ass.

Sora and Tsukikage destroy the control room and free Security from the brainwashing and they managed to save Yuzu (what a gorgeous animation).

And here are the most obvious summons. In contrary to the real life game, but mentioned in the preview, Yuya uses the Level 8 Stardust Dragon (2500/2000) as a Tuner and Synchro Summons the Level 10 Shooting Star Dragon (3300/3000). Jack on the other hand uses Double Tuning to Synchro Summon a non-Level 12 Red Nova Dragon (3500/3000, LV10).
Surprisingly, there is a cameo of the Crimson Dragon (Akaki Ryuu) when Jack summons Tyrant.

Ironically, Jack basically sets up Yuya's road to victory.
With Acrobat Magician and Nirvana High Paladin in his Pendulum Zones, Yuya summons five Pendulum Monsters at once that will defeat Tyrant. (Why doesn't he summon Xiangke Magician for more extra power. Because it doesn't fit his circus theme?) Or is because it's too strong against Tyrant? Anyway, we know that Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon will double the battle damage in the end. Maybe 5000 damage next episode. I'm very disappointed with the lack of Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, but it ironically clashes with Yuya's egao dueling.

In the next episode we have:

- The conclusion of the second three-parter.
- Shinji "I'm totally not Ikari" Weber finally stopping his bullshit.
- Crow cheering on Yuya to kick Jack's ass in his place.
- Jack is laughing when Egao World is active. Death flag.
- Nirvana High Paladin using his Pendulum Effect which will weaken the boosted Red Daemon's Dragon Tyrant.
- No sign of Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon. How would he summon it anyway?
- Roget and and the Council doing their things now.
- Reiji is apparently still on the way to Roget with the silent T.
- A lot of jacketless Duel Chasers, including 227, I guess.
- Yeager/Jaeger cameo?
- No signs of Yuri and Yugo.

LolsterXD97
20th March 2016, 02:56 PM
I liked the ending, from the Pendulum Summon animation and the Pendulum Summon soundtrack (when it was the last time it sounded?) to the episode basically having a happy ending.

Eternalight
20th March 2016, 03:11 PM
When we got Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon with 2500 ATK (level 7), Clear Wing Synchro Dragon with 2500 ATK (level 7), and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon also with 2500 ATK, we expected the Fusion dragon will be the same (2500 ATK and maybe level 7), but it has 2800 ATK and level 8 instead.

When we got Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, we expected that we'll get Odd-eyes 'pendulum synchro & fusion' dragon, but we got a Spellcaster type pendulum synchro card instead.

When we got Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon, we expect to get other dimension dragons' upgrades, but maybe we won't get those.
It's no longer as predictable as it seems from now on.

Back to topic:

Holy sheet ! That Crimson Dragon cameo got me.
IMO this version of Jack seems far more badass than the 5d's one.
He acts more like a "king".

Can't wait for next episode

KingJinzo
20th March 2016, 03:16 PM
As I've mentioned earlier, you people probably noticed the parallels between Yuya's paladins with Yusei's Stardust/Shooting Star. It might be possible that Yuya will get one or two Paladins in each dimension, and each Paladin will have the same stats as certain ace cards.

For example:
Xyz Dimension: A Rank 4 Paladin with 2500/2000, and a Rank 5 Paladin with 2800/2500.
Fusion Dimension: This case is a bit iffy. Either a Level 7 Paladin (2500/2000) and a Level 9 Paladin (3000/2500) or a Level 6 Paladin (2100/1200) and a Level 8 Paladin (2500/2100).

LolsterXD97
20th March 2016, 04:10 PM
I bet we will get Performapal Xyzs because:
-Yuya already got Odd-Eyes Evolutions for Fusion and Magician Evolutions for Synchro.
-Konami might want to give another boost for Performapals, and what a better way to give them a buff than Rank 4.

I also bet the Fusion Pendulum will represent the beast side of Yuya's Deck (Performapals).

KingJinzo
20th March 2016, 08:44 PM
I bet we will get Performapal Xyzs because:
-Yuya already got Odd-Eyes Evolutions for Fusion and Magician Evolutions for Synchro.
-Konami might want to give another boost for Performapals, and what a better way to give them a buff than Rank 4.

I also bet the Fusion Pendulum will represent the beast side of Yuya's Deck (Performapals).

While Enlightenment Paladin is supported by the Magician archetype by his own effect, he's not a Magician card. And Nirvana High Paladin has no effect that mentions the archetype. The Paladin series is connected with several archetypes, but it's not an archetype by its own. However, I don't say it's impossible for Yuya to get an Xyz Performapal.

LolsterXD97
20th March 2016, 08:47 PM
While Enlightenment Paladin is supported by the Magician archetype by his own effect, he's not a Magician card. And Nirvana High Paladin has no effect that mentions the archetype. The Paladin series is connected with several archetypes, but it's not an archetype by its own. However, I don't say it's impossible for Yuya to get an Xyz Performapal.

And the Odd-Eyes Fusions (Beast-Eyes and Rune-Eyes) aren't Odd-Eyes cards, so I suppose the "Performapal" Xyzs will have different names, but will have effects that will depend on having Performapals as Xyz Materials just like the Odd-Eyes Fusions depend on their Beast and Spellcaster-Type Materials respectively or how EnPal can recover a Spell Card at Summon if one of its Materials was a Magician Pendulum Monster.

Sanokal
23rd March 2016, 07:28 AM
OH MY GOD, THE FEELS THIS EPISODE!

I'm so glad that I managed to avoid spoilers. The dialogue! The plays! The monsters! Okay, some of Yuya's monsters - including the fact that he used so many new ones - stretched the imagination a little. But Jack's were excellent. And holymotherofgod the Crimson freaking Dragon showed up. WHAAAAAAAT?! I'm a little disappointed that Tokumatsu didn't head out with the Lancers, but I'm still pleased with how Declan deployed them. The heartwarmingess surge at the end was sooooo good, especially seeing Zuzu get freed. It was quite a good touch to address the mind-control chips in Security and I'm quite happy that they weren't just generically taken out with Roget's defeat (which looks guaranteed considering that the Akabas are coming for him.

Jack and Yuya's conversation was excellent. We got quite a bit of development for Jack and finally some clarification on what Yuya's own words are, and I am SO pleased that it tied into stuff from the beginning of the series. And the fact that it's been another multi-turn duel has been fantastic. In addition the animation for this episode, while not the peak of the series standards, was quite well-done and a significant improvement from last episode. Overall this was a very fulfilling episode, even though it used the "Set up for the VERY obvious victory next turn" that I'm not a fan of. But if it's gone this route...then what else is happening next ep?

So many questions!

KingKaash
24th March 2016, 12:05 AM
Great episode! Nirvana High Paladin is my favorite Synchro along with Red Nova now. The concept and effects of Nirvana are on point. Siddarth Gautama aka Buddha attained the state of Nirvana after experiencing Enlightenment. He was then liberated from the cycle of life and death. Nirvana High Paladin exemplifies that by being a Pendulum Synchro so it is a higher level to reach (Synchro summoning it from the Extra Deck) and when it is destroyed it does not die but goes to the Pendulum Zone. Halving the opponents life points can be viewed as cutting down the things that are antagonizing your way to Nirvana, which in a dueling sense is your opponent in front of you.

Other than that, I've praised Jack until now but I gotta criticize a little. His plays are basically getting Scarlight onto the field and then the rest of his deck seems to be loaded with traps that protect and keep Scarlight on the field. He kinda did the same thing against Sergey. It's like every card he draws after summoning Scarlight is a trap. I don't know what to ask for though since bringing out another Synchro or something like that would be weird and take up spotlight of his ace. But atleast he kicked up his Synchro game with RDA Tyrant. Yuya bringing out different cards and dueling seems more realistic to me.

-I also wished Tokumatsu walked with the Lancers. But there's still time.
-I kinda want to see Roger crush Sora and Moon Shadow in a turn or two before Reiji gets there to showcase him as a real threat and get Yuzu back under his control for a bit.
-The opening shows Odd-Eyes Rebellion vs Scarlight so I'm still wondering if that's going down. Probably not considering the 5 monsters Yuya just dropped
-I wonder if Reiji will get Xyz Pendulums and Synchro Pendulums. He's more skilled than Yuya so I'd see nothing wrong with the main rival getting them. Or will it remain Yuya exclusive. Is Yuya closing the gap between him and Reiji? Who would win now that Yuya has Nirvana High?

kuchiki
26th March 2016, 05:47 AM
I really enjoyed this episode with Yuya finally understanding the meaning behind Jack's words. Brings back memories of the final duel with Yusei vesus Jack from 5D's where only through dueling can you understand another persons feeling and emotion. Yuya synchro into nirvana high paladin was cool but too bad the card did not do too much before being destroyed.

Also Jack's new evolved form of red dragon archfiend scarlight looked amazing! Pretty good effect destroying all cards on field and negating spell/traps during battle phase. Definitely fits the feel of the king's power nonetheless and next episode is the ending of the duel which I am looking forward to watching.