PDA

View Full Version : Neo New Sawatari vs Yuri incoming? Prediction

KingJinzo
21st March 2016, 05:35 PM
There aren't any news that say they will duel each other, but it's just my prediction. We know that in the next season, Sawatari accompanies Yuya during their next trip. And we know the name of the next set, "Invasion of Venom". We can assume that Starve Venom Fusion Dragon is going to be the cover card, unless we get trolled and Cobra is back, which I highly doubt. Considering that Sawatari tends to duel all members of Yu4, Yuri is the only one missing. I'm afraid, if that actually happens, we might lose our "favorite" comedian.

Volteccer
21st March 2016, 05:59 PM
RIP Sawatari you will be missed.

EmperorShun
21st March 2016, 06:38 PM
He'll be gone before we get his Abyss Actors T.T

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
21st March 2016, 06:45 PM
I could live with this.

Megamaw
21st March 2016, 06:50 PM
but what if he wins? he's lost against all the yus he's faced, but he's come incredibly close against yuya and yugo, so i certainly would say he has a good matchup

KingJinzo
21st March 2016, 07:42 PM
but what if he wins? he's lost against all the yus he's faced, but he's come incredibly close against yuya and yugo, so i certainly would say he has a good matchup

Considering how hyped up Yuri is and how Roget was shitting his pants just by the thought about Yuri, I am certain that Yuri is on a different level than Yugo or Yuto.

Volteccer
21st March 2016, 07:56 PM
Considering how hyped up Yuri is and how Roget was shitting his pants just by the thought about Yuri, I am certain that Yuri is on a different level than Yugo or Yuto.

Someone is going to have to job to Yuri to establish how powerful he is; Sawatari is just the minor character to do it.

KingJinzo
21st March 2016, 08:39 PM
Someone is going to have to job to Yuri to establish how powerful he is; Sawatari is just the minor character to do it.

I totally see Yuri defeating Sawatari without losing any Life Points.

LolsterXD97
21st March 2016, 08:41 PM
Why not better shit on Roger first? I don't want to lose Neo New Sawatari yet and I want to see Roger's fear of him in action.

KingJinzo
21st March 2016, 08:46 PM
Why not better shit on Roget first? I don't want to lose Neo New Sawatari yet and I want to see Roget's fear of him in action.

Let's see what will happen in episode 99, since
Reiji is dueling Roget

King
21st March 2016, 09:22 PM
I hope he lost, and come back more mature.

Dyson Sphere
21st March 2016, 09:44 PM
i think we should see atleast 1 lancer die, so either this or Sora pulls a vector and we see Shun vs Sora round 3

KingKaash
21st March 2016, 11:39 PM
I don't like Sawatari as a character. And while I give him credit for pushing Yugo a bit, he would probably get crushed by Yuri based on how strong Yuri is being built up to be. And I hope he gets crushed right in front of Yuya's eyes to establish how threatening he truly is. Your prediction seems on point to me

Baconator
22nd March 2016, 04:08 AM
RIP Sawatari you will be missed.

Do not worry my comrades, he will come back, with a new "n" adjective that makes him even stronger. Has he done "Nuevo" yet?

Sanokal
22nd March 2016, 05:30 AM
Do not worry my comrades, he will come back, with a new "n" adjective that makes him even stronger. Has he done "Nuevo" yet?

Just Neo New. But he seems to have stopped it.

Baconator
22nd March 2016, 02:16 PM
Just Neo New. But he seems to have stopped it.

I've figured it out, he needs those fanboys from season one to test out his new names before he uses them. WE NEED TO GO BACK TO STANDARD IMMEDIATELY.

KingJinzo
22nd March 2016, 03:39 PM
Honestly, if they really want to showcase Yuri's power, Kaito would be a very good target. See, Kaito is a very hyped up character and we know from ZEXAL how awesome he is. If someone like him is carded by Yuri, it would be shocking and insane.

Sawatari is still the resident jobber of the show. Everyone needs a Yamcha.

Baconator
22nd March 2016, 03:40 PM
Honestly, if they really want to showcase Yuri's power, Kaito would be a very good target. See, Kaito is a very hyped up character and we know from ZEXAL how awesome he is. If someone like him is carded by Yuri, it would be shocking and insane.

RIP Jim, he will be greatly missed.

Bloodclown
22nd March 2016, 05:43 PM
Let's see what will happen in episode 99, since
Reiji is dueling Roget

What deck do you think he will play? Personally due to his control based plans(Him and his chess board) I feel as though he might use PSY-frames to counter what the opponent does, and make his moves.

Edit: I still want to know what happened to Yugo, and Yuri's duel.

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ
23rd March 2016, 02:00 AM
Yuri to win by a landslide.

KingKaash
23rd March 2016, 04:48 AM

Spot on Yamcha reference! I hated Yamcha too. I hate all secondary guys that are weak but need to be there as side characters otherwise the shows would lack balance. I'm trying to think of the last weak secondary guy I respected and liked. Nothing is coming to mind. I mean Tristan was ok. Chazz was annoying to me. Did 5D's even have a weaker secondary guy? Bronk was weak. And Sawatari is annoying like Chazz.

KingJinzo
23rd March 2016, 02:30 PM
Spot on Yamcha reference! I hated Yamcha too. I hate all secondary guys that are weak but need to be there as side characters otherwise the shows would lack balance. I'm trying to think of the last weak secondary guy I respected and liked. Nothing is coming to mind. I mean Tristan was ok. Chazz was annoying to me. Did 5D's even have a weaker secondary guy? Bronk was weak. And Sawatari is annoying like Chazz.

Honda and Anzu aren't actually duelists. Even less in the manga. They were there since the beginning before Duel Monsters was even a thing. Honda was the muscle guy next to Jonouchi so they can beat the crap out of people through sheer muscle. Considering that Jonouchi was the deuteragonist, he has to learn Duel Monsters, otherwise it would be the Yugi-show. And you can't have Yu-Gi-Oh! without YuJou, since this theme was there since chapter 1.

Manjoume is pretty much the most pathetic rival, but he technically is the second (or third) best duelist among the main group. He and the rest are overshadowed by people who aren't actually members of the main group (Ed, Johan, Jim, O'Brien) or by former members who left the main group (Kaiser, Misawa). As I've heard, the manga version of Manjoume is a completely different deal and apparently deserves the rival spot. So if you say he is weak, then the rest of Judai's main friends are even weaker.

5D's technically has Lua as the weak guy, who does not as good as his sister and the rest of Team 5D's, but he gets more screentime than his sister for some reason.

Tetsuo's early role was to explain the rules to Kotori, since he was the only one of the original trio who knows how to duel (how can Yuma not figure out how to duel properly for so many years?). But since he wasn't an interesting character to begin with, he didn't get enough focus he might have deserved, so he was basically written off and got the Honda traitment.

I guess the writers decided to give Sawatari the Abyss Actors not only because they fit his personality, but because it would be unrealistic if he loses that often with a Yosenju deck.