PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Pendulum

Mari
24th March 2016, 03:02 AM
So, now that we know that the (optional) summoning conditions for the extra deck pendulum hybrids are things that are usually not possible (doing a normal Xyz Summon with an Xyz Monster and doing a Synchro Summon without a Tuner) I wonder what kind of requirement the Fusion Pendulum is going to have.

My mind immediately goes to a pendulum monster being the substitute for one fusion material, but it sounds very obvious and fusion substitution is already a common fusion summoning method.

So I want to know, what do you think the optional requirement for the Fusion Pendulum is going to be like?

Dread Kaiser
24th March 2016, 03:14 AM
Contact fusion with some pendulum summoned pendulum either required or for a bonus. unlike the tuner, there is no need to substitute anything

what the hell else would it be, use a fusion spell (GASP!?)

SynjoDeonecros
24th March 2016, 03:30 AM
My guess, it is summoned by using the Pendulum Effect of a Pendulum Card you control as a Fusion Spell, like what Yuya did to bring out Rune-Eyes with Trump Witch.

Sanokal
24th March 2016, 03:32 AM
On another note, did anyone else take careful notice of Radish Horse being a Plant?

Michelle
24th March 2016, 04:38 AM
It's about time it happens, using non-Monsters as Fusion materials.

Owai

Ziz
24th March 2016, 06:34 AM

Owai
That's already possible (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yasushi_the_Skull_Knight), except cards that perform the Fusion Summon usually specifies the Fusion Materials be monsters...

Never die
24th March 2016, 07:05 AM

Owai

The Kritia's fusions would like to have a word with you.

King
24th March 2016, 11:21 AM
Maybe using the scales as Materials.

LolsterXD97
24th March 2016, 04:18 PM
Contact Fusion with a Pendulum Summoned Pendulum Monster and a Fusion Monster but treat it as an actual Fusion Summon (like Anime Nirvana High Paladin). I bet the Fusion Pendulum will have a beast-like apparence, because Performapals are the only aspect left of Yuya's Deck to get an Extra Deck hybrid monster (Odd-Eyes got OERD and Magicians got Nirvana High Paladin).

Dread Kaiser
24th March 2016, 05:06 PM
Alternatively, it could be a Fusion of his existing Fusion Dragons

LolsterXD97
24th March 2016, 05:20 PM
Alternatively, it could be a Fusion of his existing Fusion Dragons

That would be badass, but these aren't Pendulum Monsters. The idea of a Fusion Pendulum is fusing a Fusion Monster with a Pendulum Monster.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
24th March 2016, 05:29 PM
Use materials in the Pendulum Zones?

Dread Kaiser
24th March 2016, 05:45 PM
That would be badass, but these aren't Pendulum Monsters. The idea of a Fusion Pendulum is fusing a Fusion Monster with a Pendulum Monster.

well given that they themselves were fusions involving a pendulum, its not impossible for the anime to BS that in.
and lets not forget that ARC V already has a "the last of these is not like the others" pattern going on (remember Starve Venom?)

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up as a fusion of OERD and Nirvana

KingJinzo
24th March 2016, 09:14 PM
Use materials in the Pendulum Zones?

While they aren't monsters, I don't see that as impossible, since we got Critias, and Reira uses Spells as Fusion Materials as well.

SynjoDeonecros
25th March 2016, 12:39 AM
I still maintain that they'll copy Rune-Eyes' summoning and have the pendulum scale be the fusion spell for the Fusion Summoning.

LolsterXD97
25th March 2016, 01:41 PM
I still maintain that they'll copy Rune-Eyes' summoning and have the pendulum scale be the fusion spell for the Fusion Summoning.

Its either that or Yuya will use Trump Girl or Splashmammoth again.

King
26th March 2016, 02:03 AM
A Fusion inspired in Stargazer wouldn't be bad, since he/she was used as Fusion Material for Rune-Eyes. Also this Fusion-Pendulum Hybrid could be a great chance to make a card that embraces the Magicians and Performapals theme.

ScionStorm
26th March 2016, 08:23 PM
Contact fusion with some pendulum summoned pendulum either required or for a bonus. unlike the tuner, there is no need to substitute anything

what the hell else would it be, use a fusion spell (GASP!?)

Self-triggered fusion by tributing a Pendulum monster as a replacement for Poly?

Selft-triggered fusion by banishing non-Xyz/Synchro/Fusion Pendulum Monsters in your Extra Deck with certain requirements? (like level, Atk/Def or type)

Michelle
26th March 2016, 08:27 PM
I'd say they have to blow themselves away with that kind of bypassing summon, seeing Odd-Eyes Fusion already defiles card balance as is.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
26th March 2016, 08:38 PM
I'd say they have to blow themselves away with that kind of bypassing summon, seeing Odd-Eyes Fusion already defiles card balance as is.

Potential synergy with High Speedroids, in that case.

Eerie Code
26th March 2016, 08:44 PM
This is the most complicated, honestly. The key element for the other Pendulum Extra summons seems to be "execute the summon without the elements conventionally needed for that summon": "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon" can be Xyz Summoned with monsters without a Level, while "Nirvana High Paladin" can be Synchro Summoned without a Tuner. If you asked me about a Pendulum Ritual, I'd say "Ritual Summon it without external help" (for instance, it can only be Ritual Summoned by its own Pendulum Effect) and we'd be done, but for Fusion it's a lot more complicated. My first thought would be "Fusion Summon without a Fusion card", but Yuzu has been doing it with Soprano since day one, so it's hardly something revolutionary: another would be "Fusion Summon with Materials not in the hand or on the field", but between "Odd-Eyes Fusion" and pretty much all "HERO" support we're already using materials from every place imaginable. If we go by the anime, perhaps the most likely option would be "Fusion Summon with monsters you don't control" (fitting with the GX references from Academia), but I have no idea on how to implement it with Pendulum Summons: maybe use Pendulum effects to change control and have the Pendulum Fusion be Special Summoned by its own procedure using monsters on both sides of the field?

Mari
26th March 2016, 11:23 PM
This is the most complicated, honestly. The key element for the other Pendulum Extra summons seems to be "execute the summon without the elements conventionally needed for that summon": "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon" can be Xyz Summoned with monsters without a Level, while "Nirvana High Paladin" can be Synchro Summoned without a Tuner. If you asked me about a Pendulum Ritual, I'd say "Ritual Summon it without external help" (for instance, it can only be Ritual Summoned by its own Pendulum Effect) and we'd be done, but for Fusion it's a lot more complicated. My first thought would be "Fusion Summon without a Fusion card", but Yuzu has been doing it with Soprano since day one, so it's hardly something revolutionary: another would be "Fusion Summon with Materials not in the hand or on the field", but between "Odd-Eyes Fusion" and pretty much all "HERO" support we're already using materials from every place imaginable. If we go by the anime, perhaps the most likely option would be "Fusion Summon with monsters you don't control" (fitting with the GX references from Academia), but I have no idea on how to implement it with Pendulum Summons: maybe use Pendulum effects to change control and have the Pendulum Fusion be Special Summoned by its own procedure using monsters on both sides of the field?

If it's about Fusion Summoning with something that hasn't been tried before, others have pointed out fusing a Fusion Monster with a Pendulum card in a Pendulum Zone. And I'm inclined to agree, because you can't normally do that.

A super poly condition is in the realm of possibility as well, but I personally doubt it since I'm thinking a certain other character may use a super poly deck gimmick.

Zarkiel
27th March 2016, 12:01 AM
Perhaps the fusion is nirvana high paladin with odd eyes rebellion dragon. New dragon master knight?