PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 98 Discussion: Stardust Mirage | Tritragonist vs Arc Villain

KingJinzo
27th March 2016, 01:36 PM
This episode we have the conclusion between Yuya and Jack. Since we all know the effect of Nirvana High Paladin, I don't need to hide the fact how Yuya wins the duel. Simply put, he uses Nirvana High's Pendulum Effect to attack with five times with the Stardust Mirage attack on Red Nova Dragon. Jokes aside, the reason why Yuya didn't summon Xiangke Magician was because Nirvana High Paladin's Pendulum Effect only works when the monster that attacks has the same Level as Nirvana High's Pendulum Scale. With Xiangke Magician being Level 7, the Pendulum Effect could only be used three times, which is not enough to defeat Tyrant. That's why Yuya summoned the Level 5 Rubber Mutton instead.

Anyway, the duel was really an Entertainment Duel. The audience participated in, and Jack took his defeat very well. Hell, we even get his 5D's reaction: "I AM NOT THE KING ANYMORE!"

The Executive Council announced that the Tops and Commons will be united and the class system will be thrown away.

Aside from Yeager/Jaeger's cameo, we also got another cameo from a 5D's character. Lua's friend Tenpei. You know, the little Tops boy with the brown hair and glasses.

So, aside from Jack and Crow, we got cameos from Yeager, Mukuro Enjou, Garome, Divine and Tenpei... yet no appearance from Aki and the twins? I don't mind Yusei, but... well, I don't really care.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/e/e6/Declan_VS_Roger.png/revision/latest?cb=20160327162251
And now for the plot. Who deals with Roget? It's Reiji, our tritragonist. Roget simply doesn't want to give up. How he dealt with Tsukikage and Sora is a mystery, but let's talk about his deck.

Ancient Gears. Yep, he uses the mooks' deck. I give him credit for not using the dogs. Honestly, I didn't expected something that spectacular to begin with, but Ancient Gears are boring. If it's not Chronos, it's not fun to see them over and over again.

Well, now as a minor spoiler, but I guess it doesn't hurt anyone since we are talking about Reiji and it's in the preview... he will use the new cards from the Structure Deck in the next episode.

Oh Ra, please, let's reunite Yuya and Yuzu in the next episode.

Dyson Sphere
27th March 2016, 01:51 PM
hmmm so ancient gears will probably be in fusion booster back

LolsterXD97
27th March 2016, 01:56 PM
hmmm so ancient gears will probably be in fusion booster back

Probably mixed between Duelists of Radiance and Fusion SP.

The episode overall was great, I liked every moment of it, especially when all the City was cheering for Yuya.

KingJinzo
27th March 2016, 01:59 PM
Strangely, Reiji uses cards from the manga special and from the Structure Deck. Yuya did use cards from the manga special, but he has to play any card from his Structure Deck, if he ever will.

Dyson Sphere
27th March 2016, 02:35 PM
Strangely, Reiji uses cards from the manga special and from the Structure Deck. Yuya did use cards from the manga special, but he has to play any card from his Structure Deck, if he ever will.

he used saber so he might eventually

SynjoDeonecros
27th March 2016, 07:12 PM
So, the Friendship Cup comes to an end, and in a few weeks we'll get to the Xyz dimension. Good, I hope things pick up, after this. I'm sorry, but the Friendship Cup left me out in the cold with this series. I'm hoping things get more interesting with Heartland. Maybe we'll see expies of Gauche, Droite, and Mr. Heartland or something... *secretly hopes for more Bounzer support*

LolsterXD97
27th March 2016, 07:15 PM
So, the Friendship Cup comes to an end, and in a few weeks we'll get to the Xyz dimension. Good, I hope things pick up, after this. I'm sorry, but the Friendship Cup left me out in the cold with this series. I'm hoping things get more interesting with Heartland. Maybe we'll see expies of Gauche, Droite, and Mr. Heartland or something... *secretly hopes for more Bounzer support*

Excatly in 1 week, episode 99 (the end of Synchro Dimension Arc) and 100 (the beginning of Xyz Dimension Arc) are 1-hour special (but next week after that we will have a DSOD special).

SynjoDeonecros
27th March 2016, 07:55 PM
Ah, okay. Well, hopefully things'll pick up, by then.

KingJinzo
27th March 2016, 09:44 PM
he used saber so he might eventually

Well, Odd-Eyes Saber is not from the Structure Deck.

KingJinzo
27th March 2016, 09:47 PM
Excatly in 1 week, episode 99 (the end of Synchro Dimension Arc) and 100 (the beginning of Xyz Dimension Arc) are 1-hour special (but next week after that we will have a DSOD special).
Thankfully, two episodes. Probably because of that stupid ping pong thing.

Btw, maybe you people might have notice that, but the way how Yuya won the duel was very similar to Yusei's victory to Jack in the last episode. Yusei powered up his low-Level monsters to give his Junk Warrior a big boost. Yuya powered up all of his monsters and weakened Jack's dragon with his weaker monsters so Odd-Eyes Pendulum would bring the victory.

King
27th March 2016, 10:52 PM
Konami should start to develop a ping-pong anime

KingJinzo
27th March 2016, 11:40 PM

You know that Konami doesn't produce anime, right? They create games, not anime. And Konami doesn't have that many rights about the anime production.

King
27th March 2016, 11:47 PM
You know that Konami doesn't produce anime, right? They create games, not anime. And Konami doesn't have that many rights about the anime production.

They could sponsor or provide money.

KingJinzo
28th March 2016, 12:15 AM
They could sponsor or provide money.

Even then, they don't decide whether an anime is produced or not. It's the anime studio that decides to produce anime.

ScionStorm
28th March 2016, 12:20 AM

Why? There is already a anime literally called Ping Pong The Animation. It's even been dubbed.

The Sonic Duck
28th March 2016, 04:18 AM
I've been an Ancient Gear fan from the beginning so I never get bored seeing them. The new monsters summon was definitely spot on in the build up and reveal department.

ScionStorm
28th March 2016, 04:42 AM
AG just doesn't seem like his style.

EmperorShun
28th March 2016, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I hoped for something different...Hell even PSY-Frames would have been nice.
Overall, the episode just delivered what we thaught would happen, but i enjoyed it :D

I love how in the preview of ep 99, Roger screams Yuuyas phrase, so psycho :o
Well, am I the only one that likes Roger as an villain?

The Sonic Duck
28th March 2016, 02:32 PM
Since Roger enjoys having his men use Synchro and Fusion. Are we gonna possibly see an AG synchro? If Goyo's got a fusion than anything is possible really.

King
28th March 2016, 02:59 PM
About next Episode, Reiji's Unknow Synchro Summon in the Preview may be Alexander, just to make a show-off, of Lamia's Effect, to futherly go Siegfried.

False_Revelation
28th March 2016, 04:23 PM
About next Episode, Reiji's Unknow Synchro Summon in the Preview may be Alexander, just to make a show-off, of Lamia's Effect, to futherly go Siegfried.
I doubt it. If it was sieg they probably wouldve said that sieg would be used. Its probably a lvl 9 since Beowulf and lamia get used. But...still hoping for those lvl 10 and 11 sychros. And that rank 7 ������������������������

King
28th March 2016, 05:11 PM
I doubt it. If it was sieg they probably wouldve said that sieg would be used. Its probably a lvl 9 since Beowulf and lamia get used. But...still hoping for those lvl 10 and 11 sychros. And that rank 7 ������������������������
It wont be bad if the Synchros are laddered, they got plenty Lvl 8 Monsters.

Baconator
28th March 2016, 06:52 PM
So...Ancient Gears beat Sora... THESE BETTER BE SOME DAMN GOOD ANCIENT GEARS.

KingJinzo
28th March 2016, 07:58 PM
But seriously... A STALL BURN STRATEGY?! It's one of the most lamest strategies ever! (I'm exaggerating, by the way.)

ScionStorm
28th March 2016, 08:13 PM
He seems like the kind of guy that would employ a Scorched Earth strategy if things go south.

KingJinzo
28th March 2016, 08:18 PM
If I were Reiji, I would summon d'Arc to absorb all the damage and gain LP instead, just to troll Roget with the silent T.

SynjoDeonecros
29th March 2016, 01:09 AM
Eh, more Ancient Gear stuff is good, but I agree, I expected Roger to have a more formidable deck.

LolsterXD97
29th March 2016, 01:18 AM
By the bright side Roger at least doesn't use the tedious AG Hunting Hound. I also like AG Devil in apparence and the fact that it is a Towers inmmune to destruction by battle along with AG Magic Shield. I bet Roger will fuse with his monster when he upgrades it or something like that.

King
29th March 2016, 01:30 AM
That moment when you have a fuckton of money, but you cannot afford a better deck for your high-ranked minions,

LolsterXD97
29th March 2016, 01:38 AM
That moment when you have a fuckton of money, but you cannot afford a better deck for your high-ranked minions,

Obelisk Force and Academia students believe in the heart of the cards, they will always start with 3 AG Dogs and Poly. Just ask Bandit Keith on how to perfect the technique. They can make any trash Deck a great Deck.

The Sonic Duck
29th March 2016, 02:07 AM

The fact that his turn didn't start off with fusing for a Hound Dog fusion automatically means his deck plays a lot different from the others.

King
29th March 2016, 02:21 AM
The fact that his turn didn't start off with fusing for a Hound Dog fusion automatically means his deck plays a lot different from the others.

This could be another part of the Obelisk Force's Deck, they cannot make a Deck with less than 15 cards.

ScionStorm
29th March 2016, 02:40 AM
How low on the totem pole Roger must have been to still use an AG deck when Barret doesn't even use that. Sora and Serena don't. And at least when going to the Xyz dimension, Dennis used an Xyz deck of Performages. Roger dosn't even have an undercover deck??

LolsterXD97
29th March 2016, 02:44 AM
How low on the totem pole Roger must have been to still use an AG deck when Barret doesn't even use that. Sora and Serena don't. And at least when going to the Xyz dimension, Dennis used an Xyz deck of Performages. Roger dosn't even have an undercover deck??

Its possible that by being at the position he was in the City (Security boss), he didn't have to Duel (until now), so he never used an undercover Deck. I'm expecting AG Synchros from Roger, because of how he boasted about Sergey using Fusion and Synchro.

KingJinzo
29th March 2016, 11:05 AM
Obelisk Force and Academia students believe in the heart of the cards, they will always start with 3 AG Dogs and Poly. Just ask Bandit Keith on how to perfect the technique. They can make any trash Deck a great Deck.

Lotten with Gatling Ogre is a better example. How else could he always draw one Gatling Ogre and five Spells/Traps?
I remember when Yuzu didn't even shuffle her cards before dueling a bunch of Security, drawing the same cards she had when she fought Sergey.

ScionStorm
29th March 2016, 11:20 AM
Lotten with Gatling Ogre is a better example. How else could he always draw one Gatling Ogre and five Spells/Traps?
I remember when Yuzu didn't even shuffle her cards before dueling a bunch of Security, drawing the same cards she had when she fought Sergey.

They were security scum. They deserved to get beaten by a Frightfur/Melodius Beauty and the Beast musical dance routine.

Sanokal
29th March 2016, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I hoped for something different...Hell even PSY-Frames would have been nice.
Overall, the episode just delivered what we thaught would happen, but i enjoyed it :D

I love how in the preview of ep 99, Roger screams Yuuyas phrase, so psycho :o
Well, am I the only one that likes Roger as an villain?

Goodness no. He's easily one of my favourite villains in the series.

ScionStorm
29th March 2016, 12:39 PM
Roger as a villain doesn't really appeal to me. When things don't go his way he just comes off really petty and desperate. There has yet to be a villain in the franchise that tops Pegasus and Bakura for me.

Destiny91
29th March 2016, 01:46 PM
Roger as a villain doesn't really appeal to me. When things don't go his way he just comes off really petty and desperate. There has yet to be a villain in the franchise that tops Pegasus and Bakura for me.

Yami bakura was the biggest brain among all Yugioh villans, while Yami Marik was pure evil.

SynjoDeonecros
29th March 2016, 07:27 PM
Now that I think about it, the only Yugioh villain I remember enjoying was Yubel; everyone else kinda blurred together in a whirlwind of blandness...

Sanokal
29th March 2016, 07:42 PM

And he's oh so fun to watch when he flips out.

False_Revelation
29th March 2016, 10:09 PM
The best villain was Vector, hands down.
But tbh im a huge fan of villians that know exactly what they want and only do bad things for a legitimate reason. Leo seems to be that guy this time. I doubt he's trying to unite the yuyas and yuzus just because he wants more power. When he was in standard he probably realized that there was a dimension much bigger and much more powerful than the others. Which would explain why he left and is trying "unite" the dimensions.

Sanokal
29th March 2016, 10:52 PM
Right, enough shooting, time to do a proper review.

I was pleasantly surprised at how long the episode took to finish Yuya and Jack's duel. Even though his defeat was assured, Jack still showed us why he's JACK ATLAS by buffing Tyrant up to 10000 ATK. And it was neat to see that (as I had misinterpreted) the effect of Nirvana High Paladin works with multiple monsters. While I did like Jack's reactions throughout the episode, I actually felt that everyone swayed Yuya's way almost too easily, especially Shinji. That being said, with his final attack being one of his absolute classics, who wouldn't? The Executive Council stepping down kinda came out of nowhere, and it all happened so fast! Not something that you'd say regarding this arc.

And then Roget pulls a 180 and wipes out Sora and Moon.

I didn't expect Ancient Gears, though I WAS quite happy to see Soldiers rather than Hunting Hounds, and I do so hope that Roget's duel with Declan expands the archetype. I still enjoy Roget and I definitely am looking forward to the next ep.

The entire episode was also gorgeously animated, with the possible (and maybe deliberate) exception of Roget himself. Well, he is losing his mind, if not lost. I'm also really hoping that Jack went with Yuya to the Headquarters...and now that he has stated that he's not the King...is there a possibility that he might join the Lancers? Probably not, but a guy can hope.

A great finish to Yuya's character arc this season, and soon we'll be jumping dimensions again and getting accustomed to a new setting! Just a few loose ends...and I have a theory. Since something happens to Roget's body...and Kagemaru, Goodwin and Faker all got utterly ripped...it's probably forced return, but oh well.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
29th March 2016, 11:18 PM
Oh boy, another unbeatable combo that would fall apart via MST.

Although Yuya vs. Jack was a reasonably hype duel, pretty much everything else regarding its implications and the surrounding events are fucking stupid.

Also, Roget screaming Yuya's catchphrase during the preview was pretty funny.

King
30th March 2016, 02:33 AM
I dont know if my vision changed, i think the staff improved the animation quality.

Indytotof
30th March 2016, 09:15 AM
I loved the episode !

Over the Red is a card that needs to be printed. So much OTK possibility for my King of the Red feat. Zombie Engine/Omega Hand Loop !

I was however much disappoint in Roger/Roget having AG.dek. His unbeatable combo is sadly weak to an MST/Leonidas (coz' Reiji is Roget's opponent)/Twin Twisters. Let's hope Roget use innovative AG stuff (Chess based AG monsters ? AG Devil can be seen as The Fool).

Sanokal
30th March 2016, 10:12 AM
I loved the episode !

Over the Red is a card that needs to be printed. So much OTK possibility for my King of the Red feat. Zombie Engine/Omega Hand Loop !

I was however much disappoint in Roger/Roget having AG.dek. His unbeatable combo is sadly weak to an MST/Leonidas (coz' Reiji is Roget's opponent)/Twin Twisters. Let's hope Roget use innovative AG stuff (Chess based AG monsters ? AG Devil can be seen as The Fool).

Oh, now that's an interesting theory for his deck!

Volteccer
30th March 2016, 12:49 PM
His opening move involved Soldier, who would equate to a pawn. I think there's also already a Knight, and a Castle for a rook. If he uses Ancient Gear King or Queen when his combo breaks down that should be enough.

Destiny91
30th March 2016, 02:30 PM
I loved the episode !

Over the Red is a must. I mean, RDA decks need a way to get big ATK boosts. You can't always leave things to Red Nova or the new big brawler Tyrant.

KingKaash
31st March 2016, 12:20 AM
Quality ending to one of the better duels we've seen thus far. I know ATK doesn't mean much but seeing Jack drop a 10000 ATK monster was a testament to his Burning Soul and power as the reigning Duel King. Jack was graceful in his loss and seeing his outburst about no longer being King was funny. I didn't know Nirvana's anime Pendulum effect was like that but that was cool to see. Yuya didn't go Berserk for once which is actually nice to see. Glad to see the caste system was discarded and seeing the Executive Council step down was shocking. I kinda wish they did take a stance on the Dimensional War. But now that the Security are good guys, I feel like we will see a full on invasion of Lancers with Security vs the "Fusion Lancers team" and Obelisk Force instead of the guerilla warfare that many are expecting. I guess the way they would do that is to have the Lancers go to the Xyz Dimension next to pick up some more recruits and then come back to get the Security then go into the Fusion Dimension. Kinda weird but it's a possibility that I can see happening. Because a dimensional war isn't infiltrating Academia undercover like some have suggested. Reiji even said he's gonna blow down the door from the front and take it to straight to his father. War involves soldiers and each side may have their own army now.

As for Roger. I can understand the notion of leaving the Synchro Dimension because he is no longer in power. But does he really think he can take Yuzu to the Professor and negotiate? Yuri would destroy Roger and take Yuzu himself. So I don't see the value in Roger going back to Academia. Leo won't forgive him.

In the last episode discussion I said I hope that Roger crushes Sora and Moon Shadow to cement himself as a threat and I was absolutely right. He put the beatdown on both! He gets an Ancient Gear deck but since it's a threat to Reiji it must be good. I was kinda hoping for something new for him like Meklords 2.0 that could shut down Special Summons. I now wonder if Sergey had Earthbounds on his own or if Roger gave that to him. If Roger did give it, then why is he still running AG? I swear if the Professor uses AG then I'd be pissed

Also notice that Reiji's duels end each season of Arc-V thus far. He still holds the top spot and I love it. Thee closer

KingKaash
31st March 2016, 12:23 AM
Oh boy, another unbeatable combo that would fall apart via MST.

This is exactly the first thing I thought of when I heard the unbeatable combo. Idk. I mean I don't want Barrett OP garbage either. Let's hope Roger's deck gets better

LolsterXD97
31st March 2016, 12:58 AM
I loved the episode !

There isn't space anymore in TDLI for Jack's Traps, but maybe Collectors Pack will have some of Arc-V Jack backclog (basically Engrave Soul Light and his Traps).

I like that theory of that Roger might use Chess-themed AG monsters (AG Soldier being a pawn as an example). At least Roger will give us something different for AGs rather than Hunting Hound spamming.

Baconator
31st March 2016, 01:57 AM
In the last episode discussion I said I hope that Roger crushes Sora and Moon Shadow to cement himself as a threat and I was absolutely right. He put the beatdown on both! He gets an Ancient Gear deck but since it's a threat to Reiji it must be good. I was kinda hoping for something new for him like Meklords 2.0 that could shut down Special Summons. I now wonder if Sergey had Earthbounds on his own or if Roger gave that to him. If Roger did give it, then why is he still running AG? I swear if the Professor uses AG then I'd be pissed

Hate to say it, but winning duels doesn't = good deck. People win against people with better decks in the anime all the time.

LolsterXD97
31st March 2016, 02:10 AM
Yeah, just check Thorn Prisoners as a good example of that.

King
31st March 2016, 02:14 AM
Dennis vs Shun is a good example.

KingKaash
31st March 2016, 03:54 AM
Hate to say it, but winning duels doesn't = good deck. People win against people with better decks in the anime all the time.

Yea that's true. Well a Chess themed AG deck would atleast be cool to see like Lolster mentioned. AG King and Queen sounds realistic. Someone mentioned the Devil being related to a piece earlier

Indytotof
31st March 2016, 04:49 AM
Yea that's true. Well a Chess themed AG deck would atleast be cool to see like Lolster mentioned. AG King and Queen sounds realistic. Someone mentioned the Devil being related to a piece earlier

That someone was me.

KingJinzo
31st March 2016, 09:42 AM
Dennis vs Kurosaki is a good example.

Dennis didn't have Entermates, his only Xyz Monsters were only Entermages, and then he used the horrible dogs.

duelchaser227
31st March 2016, 08:39 PM
The largest question for me is the new government of the city. If the city council just steps down, who is in charge? They said that the people will take charge for themselves, does this mean anarchy?

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
31st March 2016, 08:57 PM
The largest question for me is the new government of the city. If the city council just steps down, who is in charge? They said that the people will take charge for themselves, does this mean anarchy?

I think the implication is that fair elections are somehow magically going to pop up. Or something.

Volteccer
1st April 2016, 02:31 AM
I hope the major characters of the arc will be able to keep an eye on things, so they don't just end up like before. Jack and Chojiro both seem to have enough influence to try and keep things on track.

LolsterXD97
2nd April 2016, 01:53 PM
One day left for the double episode. Yay!

ScionStorm
2nd April 2016, 04:54 PM
Chojiro looks good posing next to the Lancers. He fits right in. And Reiji just lost two of his Lancers on this first interdimensional excursion so there are spots open on the roster. If Roger doesn't get away with her Yuzu needs to be the other recruit.

LolsterXD97
2nd April 2016, 04:57 PM
Chojiro looks good posing next to the Lancers. He fits right in. And Reiji just lost two of his Lancers on this first interdimensional excursion so there are spots open on the roster. If Roger doesn't get away with her Yuzu needs to be the other recruit.

The new Lancers probably will be Chojiro because he is literally a Lancer in all but name and Crow because Konami gotta sell Blackwings.

ScionStorm
2nd April 2016, 05:06 PM
The new Lancers probably will be Chojiro because he is literally a Lancer in all but name and Crow because Konami gotta sell Blackwings.

But then the Lancers will just be a complete sausage party. We need balloons in this party.

NassX
2nd April 2016, 05:10 PM
Probably only Crow and yuzu will join the lancers. Or maybe for a plot twist: roger sends yuzu to academia before losing the duel

SynjoDeonecros
2nd April 2016, 07:18 PM
But then the Lancers will just be a complete sausage party. We need balloons in this party.

Don't remind me of that movie; when I saw the previews for it, I thought it was a 3D animated film about sex toys coming alive...

KingKaash
2nd April 2016, 08:07 PM
Probably only Crow and yuzu will join the lancers. Or maybe for a plot twist: roger sends yuzu to academia before losing the duel

To me Yuzu is already a Lancer. Obviously she wasn't there when the Reiji and Henrietta had the official Lancers induction in front of the Maiami City. But she's always been a Lancer to me. So she doesn't need to be "added" in my opinion

ScionStorm
2nd April 2016, 10:22 PM
Don't remind me of that movie; when I saw the previews for it, I thought it was a 3D animated film about sex toys coming alive...

I have no idea what you are talking about but it sounds like a porn parody of Toy Story. :/

SynjoDeonecros
2nd April 2016, 11:10 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about but it sounds like a porn parody of Toy Story. :/

The movie in question, Sausage Party, is about food that tries to escape after they find out that their fate is to be eaten. Yeah, I don't get it, either. Thing is, some of the characters, like the hot dog bun and the doughnut/bagel looks like sex toys.