PDA

View Full Version : Draco Performapal question

SynjoDeonecros
31st March 2016, 05:37 PM
In the OCG, do people use the new Dracoverlord monsters in this deck?

Volteccer
31st March 2016, 05:46 PM
I don't think they use the ritual, and I think the old pendulum monster might still be better.

Also, this would probably be more appropriate for the OCG section; you might get a better response there.

SynjoDeonecros
31st March 2016, 06:32 PM
Well, I posted it here, since it's going to be released in the TCG, soon, and I wanted to know what the thoughts on it were before I picked up a set for myself.

Baconator
31st March 2016, 08:01 PM
People don't play draco performapal anymore in the OCG, remember?

SynjoDeonecros
31st March 2016, 09:05 PM
Oh, yeah, because the Performapal engine has been killed off, right? Well, what other decks use the Dracos?

Sanokal
1st April 2016, 08:46 PM
Oh, yeah, because the Performapal engine has been killed off, right? Well, what other decks use the Dracos?

Majespecters, I think?

SynjoDeonecros
2nd April 2016, 12:15 AM
That's it? So, only Draco Performapals run the engine, nowadays? That sucks; everyone was so hyping over how good it was, and now it's been regulated to a single deck that Konami's slowly killing off in both metas...

Sanokal
2nd April 2016, 12:53 AM
I'm not actually sure. Depends on how meta igknights and dimomist are.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd April 2016, 01:15 AM
No one's using them by themselves, or with other rogue strategies? That's disappointing...

Volteccer
2nd April 2016, 01:17 AM
What about Amorphages? Metalphoses can use them too.

The important thing is, it has to be a pendulum-based deck, with scales that don't restrict what you can summon with them (No Qliphorts or Zefra, and I'm pretty sure they don't work well with D/D as well).

SynjoDeonecros
2nd April 2016, 01:36 AM
So, my idea for combining Dracos with Traptrix/Hands isn't a good idea, then?

Volteccer
2nd April 2016, 03:16 AM
So, my idea for combining Dracos with Traptrix/Hands isn't a good idea, then?

You'll want a decent amount of pendulums to make the effects work (And summon the synchro and fusion), so putting them in a deck without a lot of pendulums probably won't work all that well.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd April 2016, 11:23 PM
Hmm, so using them by themselves isn't an option... That sucks...

Ciphermask
15th April 2016, 04:05 PM
That's the thing about pendulums. They only truly benefit themselves, despite the fact that Konami tried to say that they could boost any deck. Theoretically, they can, but more often than not it just comes down to letting a deck dump its hand faster. If it's not a pendulum deck, you don't get much more use out of what you dumped, and unless your deck is something like Burning Abyss that can recoup its losses quickly, you'll be stuck trying to topdeck if your first plan to dump your hand went south.

Pendulum monsters don't usually have this issue because they can come back turn after turn for no cost other than just maintaining a working set of scales. Traptrix, while decent in a stun-based deck, don't want to blow their entire load early on. The same goes for Hands, you usually only wanna drop one at a time so that you can get the most out of their effects. Once they're gone, they're gone (bar Traptrix Dionaea or other revival cards).

On the other hand, Dracos aren't a big enough theme to do much on their own. They shine when paired with other pendulum archetypes. The ones they were intended for don't interact as well as Performapals did though. Igknights don't do much of anything except set up monster summons by using up a lot of resources as fast as they can (though the monsters are recurrable). Majespecters work decently with them, but they don't have the same level of synergy that Performapals and Performages had with Dracos. Dracos can be a little awkward in Dinomist because of some conflicting scales, but they do benefit them in some ways. Dracos can do things for Amorphage, but that's mostly because they provide something stable for Amorphage, but it cuts off on the deck's gimmick at the same time. I've yet to test Metalphosis, so I can't speak for them yet.

SynjoDeonecros
15th April 2016, 05:35 PM
Hmm. Guess I'll be combining the Dracos with my Cavalry deck, then, if that's the case, and find some other deck to put my Traptrix and Hands in...