PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 99-100 Discussion: Spring Season 2016

KingJinzo
3rd April 2016, 05:06 PM
This time we get a double episode, thanks to the stupid ping pong match that delayed episode 96. Since the new opening needs to start in the spring season, we get two episodes this time.

Speaking of the opening, we see Kaito, Asuka, Ed and five new characters. Those five characters are a meganekko, a guy who might be from a generic kids anime series, a pair of gold/silver twins, and an ugly old dude. And apparently, Yuya will gain a pair of rollerblades in the future. (Did Yuma ever have rollerblades in ZEXAL?) Thankfully, it looks like that both, Yuri and Yugo are going to re-appear. Yuri is a given thanks to Invasion of Venom, but Yugo? Well, we need Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon. Oh my Ra, even more Yugo puns that result into misunderstandings?

First of, episode 99:

Reiji's DDD monsters are only from Structure Deck, so no new DDDs this time. However, he introduces new DD Savants and new Dark Contracts. Even though Reiji OTK'd Roget, Roget uses holo clones of himself to re-join the duel everytime he loses, in cost of taking the penalty. However, it backfires completely, since Reiji uses a loop combo that allows him to defeat Roget everytime he re-joins the duel, making the whole "eternal duel" pointless, since it's just an eternal defeat. That's our tritragonist, ladies and gentlemen.

Yuya and Yuzu reunite... for about five minutes and now they are seperated again. Roget "died" a Disney death, but I'm sure he's still alive. Yuya, Gongenzaka, Kurosaki and Sawatari are sucked into the wormhole and stranded in the Xyz Dimension. Yuzu might be there too, since I have only seen one wormhole. Her new clothes indicate that she's there.

I give Raikiri credit points for doing nothing at all except being there only to disappear. Yes, that's sarcasm.

Now episode 100:

Yuya, Gongenzaka, Sawatari and Kurosaki arrive Heartland. Kurosaki is looking for his Resistance comrades, but apparently most of them are dead now. We see a lot of "deaths", how the invasion started and how Kurosaki got the info about the Professor's son. Yuya and his schoolmates (I'm talking about their actual school, not dueling school) meet a family and protect them from Osiris and Ra students. Oh my Ra, we get even worse mooks. And Yuya gives them a complete recap for no reason and it turns out to be pointless, since they don't care and the get carded by Kaito. And yes, a new Galaxy-Eyes monster (and it got Tachyon's voice).

I have mixed feelings about the double episode.

We are teased by the reunion of our alpha couple only to them to be seperated again. Please, let them reunite as soon as possible. The good thing is that she probably won't be captured by Academia for a while. But I hate the fact that the Lancers are now split in two halves.

I guess we can offically count Sora as a Lancer, but he's not with Yuya and the three guys who always called by their last names. Reiji, Reira, Tsukikage and Sora are seperated from them, and we don't even know if Jack and Crow join the Lancers at all. The situation of the City is left unclear.

It's nothing new, since the story was always written in three different paths. Yuya is the protagonist and we see him most of the time. He is the character who interacts with the citizens, how he gets stronger and how he learns about the different societies and how they conflict with his philosophy. Yuzu is the deuteragonist, who is important to the Professor's plan (we finally got the name of his plan), and she discovers and learns thing from another point of view. She is the one who interacts with all Yu4 guys and she is able to convince (important) people (who are not bad to their cores) without dueling to do something good instead of bad (Sora, Serena). Reiji is the tritragonist, who is more passive and doesn't interact with most characters, but he is the guy who tends to confront the big baddies directly when the time comes.

Next episode we have:

Yuya and two of the "last name trio" vs Kaito. Maybe they become friends after that duel. I wonder if Kaito calls Kurosaki by his first name.

False_Revelation
3rd April 2016, 05:12 PM
I was wrong ok. It was sieg. But the duel was a complete disappointment. It was literally garbage. It may as well not have been a duel to begin with. Faget probably couldnt even beat 3 members of the obelisk force.
The only good thing that came out of this was that D/D is going to be in The Dark Illusion. Which means they could still throw those synchros or that xyz i want in there.
Episode rating: 1/10

NassX
3rd April 2016, 05:13 PM
That yuya recap was super pointless, when I saw 20 seconds of it, i just started passing until something new happened. They could've at least showed kaito summoning his dragon and thennnn end the episode. Even if it was just the name of the dragon.

LolsterXD97
3rd April 2016, 05:24 PM
Episode 99 was awesome, and Sora, Jack and Crow are Lancers in all but names. Reiji's Duel was lackluster but we still got new cards (also Roger is a noob), and seeing Roger fall to another dimension was satisfying, Yuya being separated from Yuzu is becoming a running gag.

Episode 100 was nice for the destroyed Heartland introduciton, I only had to skip the annoying flashbacks, except Shun's ones. It was satisfying seeing Academia students getting carded, and also seeing Kaito and Neo New Galaxy-Eyes in CGI.

I liked both the new Opening and Ending.

KingJinzo
3rd April 2016, 05:45 PM
That yuya recap was super pointless, when I saw 20 seconds of it, i just started passing until something new happened. They could've at least showed kaito summoning his dragon and thennnn end the episode. Even if it was just the name of the dragon.

Well, you saw how the dragon looks like. The name doesn't matter that much if we see it with its effect next week anyway.

The Sonic Duck
3rd April 2016, 06:05 PM
I'm impressed with just how many new characters the intro alone has introduced. I think I counted about 6 not counting the returning characters. I wonder when we are going to get a Kaito vs Shun match?

NassX
3rd April 2016, 06:07 PM
If we had only got the typical one episode per week, I think I would've raged all over the internet if I had to wait a full week for episode 100.

LolsterXD97
3rd April 2016, 06:08 PM
If we had only got the typical one episode per week, I think I would've raged all over the internet if I had to wait a full weeks for episode 100.

Yeah, thank god that the Ping-Pong tournament saved us from that and instead gave us episode 99 and 100 in one go.

KingJinzo
3rd April 2016, 06:22 PM
If we had only got the typical one episode per week, I think I would've raged all over the internet if I had to wait a full week for episode 100.

On the other, if we didn't got a double episode and the episodes were aired during the time that was originally intended, the recaps would be a bit more effective. Still annoying and pointless, but at least we wouldn't get the same scenes twice in one day.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
3rd April 2016, 06:30 PM
I like the new OP. Though I wish there was some CGI Galaxy-Eyes goodness in it. I get a vague Droite/Gauche vibe from the two kids.

SynjoDeonecros
3rd April 2016, 06:36 PM
So, basically, Roger keeps on spamming copies of himself to duel with, until he wears down the opponent's strategy and beats them, but it doesn't work with Reiji, because he's Reiji, master of "Because fuck you, that's why"? Am I getting this right?

KingJinzo
3rd April 2016, 06:39 PM
I like the new OP. Though I wish there was some CGI Galaxy-Eyes goodness in it. I get a vague Droite/Gauche vibe from the two kids.

The opening was meh to me, since the major criterium for me is the music, not the visuals. I don't care much for the visuals if I only listen to the music with my smartphone.

Burn! is/was my least favorite since the verses are rather boring and the bridge was meh. Only the refrain was good, but the last part of the refrain we hear in the TV version is only in the second refrain.

Kirifuda was my second to last favorite since its verses are really boring. Only the refrain is good and it hypes me up, but they are shorter in the full version.

Believe x Believe is my second favorite. Its verses are okay and catchy, the refrain is rather weak, but the bridge is amazing.

HANATE is my favorite since there is nothing I find bad or boring. The line "Hanate, monster!" really hypes me up.

I have mixed opinions about KIBOU NO HIKARI, since it sounds rather generic to me and the voices are meh. But some parts are a bit unique. It might go higher on my list, like how HANATE became my favorite after listening to it for a while. But for now, KIBOU NO HIKARI is either better or worse than Burn!, in my opinion.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
3rd April 2016, 06:43 PM
The opening was meh to me, since the major criterium for me is the music, not the visuals. I don't care much for the visuals if I only listen to the music with my smartphone.

Burn! is/was my least favorite since the verses are rather boring and the bridge was meh. Only the refrain was good, but the last part of the refrain we hear in the TV version is only in the second refrain.

Kirifuda was my second to last favorite since its verses are really boring. Only the refrain is good and it hypes me up, but they are shorter in the full version.

Believe x Believe is my second favorite. Its verses are okay and catchy, the refrain is rather weak, but the bridge is amazing.

HANATE is my favorite since there is nothing I find bad or boring. The line "Hanate, monster!" really hypes me up.

I have mixed opinions about KIBOU NO HIKARI, since it sounds rather generic to me and the voices are meh. But sometimes are a bit unique. It might go higher on my list, like how HANATE became my favorite after listening to it for a while. But for now, KIBOU NO HIKARI is either better or worse than Burn!, in my opinion.

In terms of music, I didn't care much for Believe x Believe nor Kirifuda. Burn! is probably my favorite, and Hanate grew on me after a bit. I like this one well enough.

King
3rd April 2016, 07:36 PM
Does someone here have the Lyrics for the new OP/ED?

KingJinzo
3rd April 2016, 08:16 PM
Does someone here have the Lyrics for the new OP/ED?
For KIBOU NO HIKARI:

Zetsubou no umi tojiru tobira

Ikubaku mo naku kieru hikari
Amaku sasayaku kurayami
Niritsuhaihan de madou kanjou
Docchi darou wakaranai

Chikara makase ni nejifusedomo
Nani ga wakarutten darou
Doushite mo I can't, I can't, ugokenai

Tsunagaru tsunageru ai no ne koto no ha
KARUMA wo idaite nigenai datte
Boku no koto koeru no wa boku dake shika nai'n dakara

Ashita wo tsukuru no wa nikushimi nanka janai
Egao de hito wa tsuyoku naru
Yami wo kakiwake susume
Tsurai toki koso warae
I Do Believe In Myself
Shinjiterunda

Hajimaru! Showtime!

Baconator
3rd April 2016, 08:18 PM
So, basically, Roger keeps on spamming copies of himself to duel with, until he wears down the opponent's strategy and beats them, but it doesn't work with Reiji, because he's Reiji, master of "Because fuck you, that's why"? Am I getting this right?

How the hell would that beat anyone?

SynjoDeonecros
3rd April 2016, 08:24 PM

Deck out? Or wait until they exhausted their resources then go in for the kill? Basically, a battle of attrition.

What confuses me, though, is how it works, if the new copy of Roger pops up to join the duel just as the old one runs out of LP. Shouldn't that usually end the duel, with a one-on-however-many duel?

LolsterXD97
3rd April 2016, 08:27 PM

Fighting them again and again, wasting their resources and tiring them. Also the AG Devil spam.

Erickdsl
3rd April 2016, 08:48 PM

Roger was just like a pendulum monster, no matter how many times he was defeated by Reiji, he could just pendulum summon himself back next turn. But Reiji solemn strike'd him.

KingJinzo
3rd April 2016, 09:09 PM
What confuses me, though, is how it works, if the new copy of Roget pops up to join the duel just as the old one runs out of LP. Shouldn't that usually end the duel, with a one-on-however-many duel?

Considering that the original's Duel Disk was also active, it might prevent the duel to end and a new clone enters automatically and immediately, similar with the WRGP. And Roget's weird field was also active until he decided to run away.

EmperorShun
3rd April 2016, 09:52 PM
Roger was just like a pendulum monster, no matter how many times he was defeated by Reiji, he could just pendulum summon himself back next turn. But Reiji solemn strike'd him.

10/10 Made my day

Anyways, I liked ep 99, but Roger could have been so much more... I relly do hope, he comes back later on and kicks some ass :D

His "escape" is a shot in the dark, cuz it seems like he got sucked into xyz too..

Well well well, ep 100 was as lackluster as the new blackwing boss. The only thing that hypes me up for the next episodes is all these new characters, new archtypes incoming :3

ScionStorm
3rd April 2016, 10:03 PM
I think I would have preferred to see Roget use Earthbounds.

KingJinzo
3rd April 2016, 10:40 PM
No matter how disappoing Roget was, let's see it on a different light. I am glad that Reiji was not in the Friendship Cup because he is way too good. Just look how he defeated Roget that easily. Yes, Roget could have been more troublesome, but in comparison to the Professor, Roget is a nobody. Reiji proved in everyway why he is the best duelist of the series and why he is so different from Kaiba and his expies. Reiji never relies too much on the same monster. Chaos Apocalypse, which was his key card during his duel, wasn't even used as a beatstick. It also shows that Reiji is able to take full advantage of the penalty system when a random opponent joins the duel. I hope he finds a way to finds a way to get to Yuya and "last name trio".

And I hope that Barrett really accidently sent him and Serena to Heartland and not to Academia.

LolsterXD97
3rd April 2016, 10:43 PM
No matter how disappoing Roget are, let's see it on a different light. I am glad that Reiji was not in the Friendship Cup because he is way too good. Just look how he defeated Roget that easily. Yes, Roget could have been more troublesome, but in comparison to the Professor, Roget is a nobody. Reiji proved in everyway why he is the best duelist of the series and why he is so different from Kaiba and his expies. Reiji never relies too much on the same monster. Chaos Apocalypse, which was his key card during his duel, wasn't even used as a beatstick. It also shows that Reiji is able to take full advantage of the penalty system when a random opponent joins the duel. I hope he finds a way to finds a way to get to Yuya and "last name trio".

And I hope that Barrett really accidently sent him and Serena to Heartland and not to Academia.

Yeah, he even had the loop ready to act even if he didn't know Roger was cheating. Reiji is easily S tier.

ScionStorm
3rd April 2016, 10:44 PM

But if Serena doesn't go back to Academia, who will tell Rin that Yugo is looking for her?

KingJinzo
3rd April 2016, 10:54 PM
But if Serena doesn't go back to Academia, who will tell Rin that Yugo is looking for her?

Well, Rin probably knows it. Do you expect her that Yugo doesn't care for her enough to look for her? And even then, it doesn't change the story. If Serena is really in the Xyz Dimension, then the Professor still needs to find her. It's better for the heroes if she's still free. If she's in captivitiy again, then she's fucked. By Yuri.^^

SynjoDeonecros
4th April 2016, 12:50 AM
So, what did Reiji say after Roger revealed that he's the son of the Professor? I mean, Roger revealed that fact, turning the present Lancers against Reiji, then Reiji said something that seemed to flip their anger back on Roger. Also, wouldn't the main Lancers already know that the Professor of Academia and Reiji are related? I thought he already told them that point when he revealed why he chose them to fight on his behalf?

King
4th April 2016, 03:59 AM
For KIBOU NO HIKARI:

Zetsubou no umi tojiru tobira

Ikubaku mo naku kieru hikari
Amaku sasayaku kurayami
Niritsuhaihan de madou kanjou
Docchi darou wakaranai

Chikara makase ni nejifusedomo
Nani ga wakarutten darou
Doushite mo ai kyanto ai kyanto ugokenai

Tsunagaru tsunageru ai no ne koto no ha
Karuma wo idaite nigenai datte
Boku no koto koeru no wa boku dake shika nai'n dakara

Ashita wo tsukuru no wa nikushimi nanka janai
Egao de hito wa tsuyoku naru
Yami wo kakiwake susume
Tsurai toki koso warae
Ai de Believe in Myself
Shinjiterunda

Hajimaru! Show Time!

The first part of the song was really good, but the rest is meh, Kirifuda(Trump Card) is still the best for me.

KingJinzo
4th April 2016, 08:46 PM
To be honest, even though the whole "egao vs violence" thing gets old, it fits perfectly for this arc. While bringing smiles to people in war zones might be not the most important thing, but happiness is something people would appreciate to go onward. Happiness brings hope. Pun intended.

Yuya is basically a clown who might be from the organization "Clowns Without Borders", who basically do the same what Yuya does, except the fighting part. It's a good thing and it helps people to overcome their despair. Heartland is the best place to bring some egao. This is why Sawatari fits here, since he is the only Lancer who is always funny. Kurosaki is too grumpy, and Yuya and Gongenzaka are too serious. Sawatari is the plucky comic relief we need to not get into even darker territory. Unless Yuri takes care of him...

While it sucks that only half of the Lancers are in Heartland, there are some good aspects about the seperation.
1) Having Sora in Heartland would make things only complicated and worse.
2) Reira in a war zone? Permanent PTSD!
3) Reiji... Too overpowered.
4) Tsukikage has a better chemistry with the Akabas and Sora than the others.
5) Jack and Crow. If they have become Lancers, they would only steal spotlights from our ARC-V cast. They are better for a grand ensemble later on.

ScionStorm
4th April 2016, 09:58 PM
Clowns don't make me smile. They make me frown. We should build a wall around clowns. A wall ALL the way around. Never trust a man who has to paint a smile on his face.

Volteccer
5th April 2016, 02:24 AM
Clowns don't make me smile. They make me frown. We should build a wall around clowns. A wall ALL the way around. Never trust a man who has to paint a smile on his face.

And make the clowns pay for it!

Baroque
5th April 2016, 05:18 AM
When you want to scream,
Put away that frown
And never be scared of a clown!
Laugh on, laugh on, laugh on and on and on,
You'll never laugh alone!

On-topic, I'm rather much looking forward to the new Savants, but Roger feels somewhat . . . rushed, let's say. Like, there was more that could have been done with him, but they just ran out of time/episodes to do it in. Anyone else getting that kinda feeling? Or am I just spoiled by main antagonists of the past that've actually managed to get in more than one tiny duel?

ScionStorm
5th April 2016, 05:28 AM
GX Season 1. Kagemaru. A single duel. Not as cheap as this one though.

Baroque
5th April 2016, 06:13 AM
GX Season 1. Kagemaru. A single duel. Not as cheap as this one though.
One duel, yes, but not only is it as you said (not as cheap), it wasn't nearly as tiny as this one, either. Kagemaru actually did something meaningful and impactful with his two episodes of fame (I mean, using the Sacred Beasts to pretty much drain innumerable cards across the globe of their energy to de-age and leap across the Bishonen Line certainly counts for something, I'd think); Roger, on the other hand, managed to effectively reveal that his hobbies include being the Wizard of Oz and did very little of value beyond that and being the reason (part of) the gang ends up in Season 3.

To compare a little more directly, Kagemaru managed to get a 13-turn duel in his 2 episodes; Jean-Michel Roger only got turn 1 at the tail end of Episode 98 and the duel progressed 2 more turns before he lost (and lost, and lost, etc.).

Volteccer
5th April 2016, 12:39 PM
He either shouldn't have dueled at all (with Sergey being his proxy; when Sergey lost, that should have been the end of Roget's menacing), or he should have put on a better showing. He could have been like Pegasus, manipulating events from the shadows but still tough when they finally get to him.

KingJinzo
5th April 2016, 04:12 PM
One duel, yes, but not only is it as you said (not as cheap), it wasn't nearly as tiny as this one, either. Kagemaru actually did something meaningful and impactful with his two episodes of fame (I mean, using the Sacred Beasts to pretty much drain innumerable cards across the globe of their energy to de-age and leap across the Bishonen Line certainly counts for something, I'd think); Roget, on the other hand, managed to effectively reveal that his hobbies include being the Wizard of Oz and did very little of value beyond that and being the reason (part of) the gang ends up in Season 3.

To compare a little more directly, Kagemaru managed to get a 13-turn duel in his 2 episodes; Jean Michel Roget only got turn 1 at the tail end of Episode 98 and the duel progressed 2 more turns before he lost (and lost, and lost, etc.).

If we view Sergey as Roget's queen, Roget's was fucked without him. And with losing all of his pawns, he was defenseless as the king. And the king is not a powerful figure in combat by its own.

King
5th April 2016, 05:07 PM
And the king is not a powerful figure in combat by its own.

I can do Pretty much on my own.

ScionStorm
5th April 2016, 05:34 PM
I can do Pretty much on my own.

You better check yourself, mate.

King
5th April 2016, 05:45 PM
You better check yourself, mate.

Don't worry im fine, Pal

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
5th April 2016, 05:46 PM
Don't worry im fine, Pal

I think the pun went right over your crown.

SynjoDeonecros
5th April 2016, 06:22 PM
And make the clowns pay for it!

Only logical choice for Trump, am I right? I wonder what Sanders' political position is on clowns?

King
6th April 2016, 01:31 AM
Only logical choice for Trump, am I right? I wonder what Sanders' political position is on clowns?

Why do people glorify Sanders too much ? he don't seem to make good things to USA Economy. I am not american, but i wanna know about this.

SynjoDeonecros
6th April 2016, 01:39 AM
Why do people glorify Sanders too much ? he don't seem to make good things to USA Economy. I am not american, but i wanna know about this.

He's basically the closest you'll come to an honest politician wanting to do things for the good of the country, instead of for themselves; in other words, the best out of a bad bunch. He's got a lot of good ideas, it's just how to implement them if he wins the presidency, and whether he can get the house and the senate behind him on it.

King
6th April 2016, 01:57 AM
He's basically the closest you'll come to an honest politician wanting to do things for the good of the country, instead of for themselves; in other words, the best out of a bad bunch. He's got a lot of good ideas, it's just how to implement them if he wins the presidency, and whether he can get the house and the senate behind him on it.

What are his plans for the US ? I am planning to live in there someday.

ScionStorm
6th April 2016, 02:32 AM
What are his plans for the US ? I am planning to live in there someday.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/
The overview. But now this isn't the thread to be discussing these things in. So if you want to continue on this path you'll need to make a separate thread in a more appropriate section of the forum.

KingJinzo
6th April 2016, 04:51 PM
I don't care for politics.

Sanokal
8th April 2016, 08:21 PM

Oh goodness yes, they do remind me of them now that I think about it.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
8th April 2016, 08:54 PM
Subs are finally out. I'm really glad how thoroughly they addressed the whole "Roget is fucking mad" thing and kept his insanity constant.

I'm slightly miffed they keep on splitting the party, especially since most of the subplots in Synchro hell have been meh at best. Plus, the inevitable scramble for reorganization is really just a waste.

Reiji's combo was really fucking elaborate, and just completely shat on Roget.

Daigusto Emeral, Dracossack, Leviair, and Castel, heh.

Lol @ closeup of Kaito's eye. But it lacks galaxy.

Sawatari, now is not the time for comic relief.

Damn they made that mom look utterly devastated. Although the kids look awfully healthy in comparison...

Yay Shun's flashbacks. Too bad he's only just walking off on his own. *insert Boulevard of Broken Dreams here*

How the hell did Susano-O get Pendulum Summoned?

THERE'S THE GALAXY IN THE EYE.

"Are you ready to repent?" YASSSS

Honestly, this episode had way too much fluff, what with recapping and Sawatari being a dumbass. But next week we can see Galaxy-Eyes Blinged-Out Dragon in its full glory.

Sanokal
8th April 2016, 09:03 PM
I'd say that mother has been neglecting her own nourishment in order to feed the kids.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
8th April 2016, 09:28 PM
I'd say that mother has been neglecting her own nourishment in order to feed the kids.

That much was easy to assume, but the kids ought to look a bit more haggard nonetheless.

KingJinzo
9th April 2016, 07:32 PM
How the hell did Susano-O get Pendulum Summoned?

He didn't. The duel was just heavily cut. Since they don't share the same field, Yuya can't Pendulum Summon any of Gongenzaka and Sawatari's monsters.

Sanokal
11th April 2016, 10:53 PM
Whew, finally I remember to sit down and give my thoughts on these episodes.

It was a shame that we didn't get to see Roget dueling properly, and that we didn't get to see Declan using more D/D/D boss monsters, but on the other hand the duel was still very satisfying regardless. Teere were so many epic tracks crammed into that duel; ; the return of that utterly creepy and horrifying drone that last played when Roget was torturing Yuya, and that this time played when Roget returned for the first time; the epic signature track of the Synchro Dimension that played when Declan pulled off his combo, and of course, DDD, playing during the revelation that Declan had set up a controlled loop.

It was a real treat to see JACK ATLAS assisting the Lancers, which gives me some hope that he'll be joining the team after all. We got to see quite the better bond between the Lancers; Shay complimenting Sora, and everyone assisting everyone. Even when Roget revealed that the Professor was Leo Akaba (I admit, I wasn't sure how many of the Lancers knew that), they still kept their bond between one another.

And...oh, the feels between Yuya and Zuzu. Oh, that was beautiful. Absolutely sweet and heartwarming.

OF COURSE IT COULDN'T LAST, DAMMIT WRITERS!

Roget, being the sore loser that he is (though once again, props to his seiyuu for an utterly excellent performance) activates a dimensional transport machine to drop the City into the void. He gets sucked in to god knows where, and as soon as Zuzu and Yuya let go of one another, that bloody wormhole activates again and snatched Zuzu away. And then Yuya, Gong, Shay, and Sylvio got snatched away too right as they were all helping one another!

Leaving ALL the Synchro characters, Sora, Declan, Riley, Moon, all behind! Goddammit, this is NOT how you handle having so many characters! No wonder the OP was so empty.

Speaking of the new OP...I don't like it that much. I've warmed up to it now that I know what's going on, but the absence of so many characters left a bad taste in my mouth, and it gave NO explanation to what was going on. Also, that red-headed kid...that expression while the other girl is crying, I don't like it! Though I certainly like that girl, appearing in three different shots, she'll certainly be an important character.

Thank god that these two episodes were together, because waiting a week for an episode that was 50% recaps would have been torture. That being said, if you started from that season, the recaps would have been very effective. When we arrive in Heartland, it's pretty much just what you'd expect from the place, but even worse since the Resistance seems to have been wiped out and the population is almost minimum. The interactions between the Lancers and the family are excellent, especially when they curbstomp the three students with a successful entertainment duel.

But Kite. Holy smokes, Kite. The most horrifying part of the opening flashback to the invasion was the realization of just how brutally pissed off Kite is. And it looks like he'll be channeling the darkest parts of his character; full-on Number hunting and hints of his season two personality. With next episode shaping up to be incredibly meaty, and then the episode after that looking even better (goddamn spoilers) we'll be seeing a fair bit of awesome.

Whew. That was hefty. Episode 99 was an excellent conclusion to the second season, but Episode 100 started season three off with a whimper due to being a recap, though what was shown was very good. Here's hoping that things improve!

Volteccer
12th April 2016, 01:38 AM
Why did Yuya feel the need to recap the last season to a trio of flunkies?

SynjoDeonecros
12th April 2016, 02:14 AM
So, we see that all three "ranks" of Academia are goons, so I'm guessing Red and Yellow are more low-level mooks while Blue are the more elite mooks?

LolsterXD97
12th April 2016, 02:15 AM
So, we see that all three "ranks" of Academia are goons, so I'm guessing Red and Yellow are more low-level mooks while Blue are the more elite mooks?

I would say the Blue level is Obelisk Force.

Volteccer
12th April 2016, 12:58 PM
I'm assuming:
Red soldiers are the foot soldiers.
Yellow are the captains of the reds (Note how this trio was a yellow flanked by 2 reds)
Blues are elites; both covert ops (like Sora) and the vanguard fighting squadron (Obelisk Force)

Sanokal
12th April 2016, 07:37 PM
Why did Yuya feel the need to recap the last season to a trio of flunkies?

I'd say that he was also recapping for the purposes of the family.

KingKaash
14th April 2016, 12:08 AM
Other than the duel between Roger (who did not have any AG Kings and Queens like we hoped) and Reiji being utter garbage and proving that Reiji can come up with a loop like Yuya did against Tokumastu, episode 99 was so good from a storyline perspective. I see you guys wanting a reunification of Yuya and Yuzu and I thought to myself why, but seeing them get together was really moving to me for some reason. It was beautiful. Reiji smiling multiple times was also moving. This was one of the best story/non-duel episodes ever.

Episode 100 was recap but the opening is lit. The destruction and wreckage gives off a lot more dark vibes which is refreshing. Clear Wing looks different to me in opening but that's probably just me not being able to see it because it moves fast. And I do think it's cool that Yuzu is the first to experience an entire dimension for us viewers. That's like protagonist level stuff right there for the main girl. What I mean is I thought we wouldn't get any scenes of Academia until Mr. Yuya stepped foot in it.

EDIT: The opening also shows like every Performapal so I'm sure that that Yuya will get a Performapal Xyz. Performapal Dragon anyone?

ScionStorm
14th April 2016, 12:37 AM
EDIT: The opening also shows like every Performapal so I'm sure that that Yuya will get a Performapal Xyz. Performapal Dragon anyone?

Well he's got 2 original Fusions (I miss seeing those guys) and 2 original Synchros, so he'll probably get 2 original Xyz by the end of the season. So I guess that means he'll have 8 Extra Deck monsters at least (unless he absorbs his other dopples as well). I'm a little disappointed Yuzu didn't get any Synchros during last season.

LolsterXD97
14th April 2016, 12:47 AM
Well he's got 2 original Fusions (I miss seeing those guys) and 2 original Synchros, so he'll probably get 2 original Xyz by the end of the season. So I guess that means he'll have 8 Extra Deck monsters at least (unless he absorbs his other dopples as well). I'm a little disappointed Yuzu didn't get any Synchros during last season.

I don't think we will be seeing Beast-Eyes and Rune-Eyes in a time, because they got "tainted" since Sora's reveal, so they will fail each time they appear or just be absent (because Fusion are the bad guys, so the cards Yuya created from Sora and Yuzu's friendship are now "tained"). I bet Yuya will get an Xyz that will support Performapals and a Ranked-Up OERD.

KingKaash
14th April 2016, 12:54 AM
I bet Yuya will get an Xyz that will support Performapals and a Ranked-Up OERD.

I think it's more fitting for Yuto to get a ranked up Dark Rebellion than for Odd-Eyes to get a rank up. Because Yugo got Clear Wing and then Crystal Wing. The question though is if Yuto will ever be an individual character? Many say no, sadly

LolsterXD97
14th April 2016, 12:55 AM
I would laugh so hard if the black Hippo from the OP is the Performapal Xyz, but that would be fitting, because Hippo is one of Yuya's main monsters when it comes to entertaining.

ScionStorm
14th April 2016, 12:56 AM
Yuya resolved things with Sora. Sora defected to the Lancers/Cult of Egao. They are friends again. There's nothing tainted about his fusions.

LolsterXD97
14th April 2016, 12:57 AM
Yuya resolved things with Sora. Sora defected to the Lancers Cult of Egao. They are friends again. There's nothing tainted about his fusions.

That still doesn't change that Fusion are the bad guys, but let's see if Yuya's Fusions appear again when the Lancers go to Fusion Dimension (because he has got to use a Fusion for the Fusion Pendulum and he also needs to egao the Fusion Dimension by using his own Fusions).

Volteccer
14th April 2016, 03:18 AM
The problem with his old extra deck bosses is that they keep losing to show how powerful the opponent is. Even Dark Rebellion isn't as impressive as it used to be.

Also, I hope Yuya's new Xyz aren't Performapals, just because I like fusion and synchro better. Plus I play a pendulum-centric build which always tends to have erratic levels.

King
14th April 2016, 03:22 AM
If Yuya's new boss will be a EM Fusion, i swear i shave my head. Pals should be the more Xyz Friendly as possible.

Sanokal
14th April 2016, 12:10 PM
Clear Wing looks different to me in opening but that's probably just me not being able to see it because it moves fast.

It's Crystal Wing in the opening.

Destiny91
14th April 2016, 03:02 PM
Don't count on a Performapal Xyz.
It will be Xyz Paladin and Xyz/Pendulum Paladin.
Synchro Paladins were a proof of his determination against Jack.
So I think Xyz Paladins will be the same, but against Kaito.

KingKaash
15th April 2016, 01:18 AM
It's Crystal Wing in the opening.

That's why I need glasses...

I'm sure Yuya will get new Magicians/Pendulums. But money is on Performapal to get their boss monsters now

LolsterXD97
15th April 2016, 01:20 AM

For Fusion Yuya got Dragons, for Synchro he got Paladins, for Xyz he will get something different.

Sanokal
15th April 2016, 01:21 AM
Don't be rough on yourself, it took me until the second go and it is a quick scene.
Probably. Pendulum Dragons got fusion, Magicians got Synchro, in theory Performapal would get xyz but Yuya a) can Xyz already, and b) the writers just LOVE to buck trends.