PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V's major Duelists and their "boss" monsters

KingJinzo
9th April 2016, 07:58 PM
I use the term "boss monster" very loosely here. I'm not talking about literally ace monsters, but monsters that are either summoned from the Extra Deck or Main Deck monsters that are more or less powerful. Anyway, if you read the list below, you probably know what I mean. I started making an ARC-V Monster Collection video today that includes the "boss monsters" of the Lancers, other heroes, the crossover characters and the counterparts; I may add major villains. And I do not count multiple copies of the same card.

Blah, blah, blah... I view the number of "boss monsters" as a bit interesting, since it showcases how much the duelists rely on them:

As of April 9th, 2016.

Yuya: 2x Main Deck Odd-Eyes, 4x Extra Deck Dragons, Hammer Mammoth, 2x Paladins. 7 monsters in total. You might count the original Odd-Eyes, Xiangke Magician and Bubulldog, which would increase the number to 10.

Yuto: 2x Xyz Monsters.

Yugo: 4x Highspeed-Roids, 2x Synchro Dragons. 6 monsters in total.

Yuri: 1x Fusion Monster.

Yuzu: 2x Melodious Maestra, 2x Melodious Choir. 4 monsters in total. You might count the third Maestra, but Yuzu never played it.

Serena: 3x Fusion Monsters.

Gongenzaka: Big Benkei, 4x Synchro Monsters. 5 in total. I don't count his Level 8 Pendulum Monsters, since it's primarily a Scale.

Kurosaki: 7x Xyz Monsters.

Dennis: 2x Xyz Monsters, 4x Fusion Monsters. 6x in total. However, you might just count only his Xyz Monsters, since mooks are shit.

Sora: 6x Fusion Monsters.

Sawatari: 3x Darts Shooters, 2x Monarchs, 1x Mayosenju, Big Star. Currently 1 monster in total.

Tsukikage: 2x high-Level Ninjas.

Reira: 4x Extra Deck Monsters

Reiji: 12x D/D/D

Jack: 3x Synchros.

Crow: 9x Synchros. You might count Kunai from the Main Deck or not, I don't. You might count only four of the Synchros as "boss monsters".

Kaito: 1x Xyz Monster, as of today.

Reiji might be the most surprising one; despite having only four on-screen duels, he summoned 12 different D/D/D monsters. At least he has a lot of variety. (Sometimes too much, I guess.)

I don't count certain characters, such as Tokumatsu, Shinji, the LDS trio, Mieru, family members, etc. Roget... well, he only played one. And Sergey... well, I don't really focus on him (he has 7 in total).

Hope in the Interstice
13th April 2016, 07:56 AM
I think you need to be more specific about "boss" monsters since Crow has more fodder Assault Blackwings than he has boss Blackwings. I'd hesitate to call Sohaya, Sayo, and the Fogbows "bosses". Two of the Dart Shooter monsters were also more than less fodder, with one of them being the clear boss.

KingJinzo
13th April 2016, 11:29 AM
I think you need to be more specific about "boss" monsters since Crow has more fodder Assault Blackwings than he has boss Blackwings. I'd hesitate to call Sohaya, Sayo, and the Fogbows "bosses". Two of the Dart Shooter monsters were also more than less fodder, with one of them being the clear boss.

Like I said, I used the word "boss" very loosely. I personally don't see the five of them as "bosses", but since you put some effort to summon those "fodder", I count them, even though they aren't strong or game winners.

ScionStorm
13th April 2016, 09:46 PM
So "Boss" is basically just a term to mean "Ace monster plus ALL Extra Deck monsters".

KingJinzo
14th April 2016, 04:57 PM
So "Boss" is basically just a term to mean "Ace monster plus ALL Extra Deck monsters".

Basically, yes.

Volteccer
16th April 2016, 05:36 PM
I would also hesitate to include Elephammer, since I'm pretty sure he's only used it twice, and the second time it really didn't do anything.

KingJinzo
17th April 2016, 10:52 PM
I would also hesitate to include Elephammer, since I'm pretty sure he's only used it twice, and the second time it really didn't do anything.

Most of the monsters here aren't used very often.