PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 101 Discussion: Galaxy-Eyes vs Hope (except, not really)

KingJinzo
10th April 2016, 05:01 PM
No major revalations in this episode. Just a duel episode. Kaito (yes, that spelling) vs Sawatari & Gongenzaka. Now even Sawatari has his own Hope. A Level 4 monster that has 1000 less ATK than Hope Ray V. And Gongenzaka summons a new Synchro Superheavy Samurai. However,
it's not the Level 5 monster, but a new Level 8 monster. Sarutobi's effect is similar to Shutendoji. While Sarutobi has no Feather Duster effect (which even got a cameo in this episode), it basically has a "Once Per Turn MST" effect plus effect damage.

Now to Kaito. He uses a Cipher deck instead of Photons for obvious reasons. Only one Cipher monster so far, but the concept is interesting. It encourages you to play with multiple copies of the same monster. Now to the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon. For obvious reasons, it does not have an anti-Xyz effect. Instead, it's basically Number 11: Big Eyes, just a bit different. You can steal 1 monster until the rest of the turn, and its name and ATK become the same as GECD; in short, you have two 3000 beatsticks on the field, and with Interfere, one of them even reaches 6000 ATK.

As expected, Sawatari and Gongenzaka get worf'd, but at least they don't get OTK'd.

Yuto behaves more like Atem and Yubel, this episode, so we can atleast have see him for a while in this arc. And more Ruri flashback cameos, but slightly off-model. Kaito was Heartland's Champion before stuff happened (where were you, Shark?).

Next episode, which we'll see in two weeks (damn you, DSoD), we have Yuya vs Kaito.

In the preview, we see:
- Timebreaker Magician
- A new Entermate girl.
- Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
- Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon
- Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon.

But surprisingly,

Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon is in the Pendulum Zone. No ikari issues this time? More egao.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th April 2016, 05:12 PM
As I pointed out, Cipher Wing is basically an improved (anime) Vanishing Lanius. The duel even went similarly to Shun's first; he only uses 3 copies of a main deck monster and various S/T cards, before winning with his ace.

Something I found noteworthy:

"Galaxy shining in the darkness, become the light of hope and my servant! The embodiment of light, now descend! Appear, Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon!"

"Galaxy shining in the darkness, become the wrathful deity (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrathful_deities) of revenge and my servant! Xyz Summon! Descend, Rank 8! Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon!"

I do love the call back here, as well as the meaningful change. This version of Kaito is fucking pissed.

KingJinzo
10th April 2016, 05:16 PM
As I pointed out, Cipher Wing is basically an improved (anime) Vanishing Lanius. The duel even went similarly to Kurosaki's first; he only uses 3 copies of a main deck monster and various S/T cards, before winning with his ace.

Something I found noteworthy:

"Galaxy shining in the darkness, become the light of hope and my servant! The embodiment of light, now descend! Appear, Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon!"

"Galaxy shining in the darkness, become the wrathful deity (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrathful_deities) of revenge and my servant! Xyz Summon! Descend, Rank 8! Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon!"

I do love the call back here, as well as the meaningful change. This version of Kaito is fucking pissed.

Yeah, I noted the similarity between Galaxy-Eyes Cipher and Odd-Eyes Rebellion since Yuto pointed out how the dragon is fueled with wrath. It might be a good opportunity for Yuya's character development to use his dragon that represents his wrath against someone who also has a dragon that represents their wrath, but Yuya will use his dragon to bring egao instead wrath. Well, let's see how it will turn out in two weaks. To be honest, I won't be surprised if Yuya would win the duel. He defeated Jack Atlas! If Yuya loses, he is like Satoshi/Ash Ketchum.

LolsterXD97
10th April 2016, 05:18 PM
Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon was awesome, a Rank 8 Big Eye that gives you a 3k vainilla until the End Phase (and the vainilla can also be benefited from the Cipher and Galaxy support) with a nice CGI (but sadly, it wasn't Summoned by a spear that pierced the heavens). I missed Yuto so much, nice to see him talk again, and the Heartland flashback of Yuto and co. egaoing was one of the best parts of the episode.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th April 2016, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I noted the similarity between Galaxy-Eyes Cipher and Odd-Eyes Rebellion since Yuto pointed out how the dragon is fueled with dragon. It might be a good opportunity for Yuya's character development to use his dragon that represents his wrath against someone who also has a dragon that represents their wrath, but Yuya will use his dragon to bring egao instead wrath. Well, let's see how it will turn out in two weaks. To be honest, I won't be surprised if Yuya would win the duel. He defeated Jack Atlas! If Yuya loses, he is like Satoshi/Ash Ketchum.

Meh, Yuya has reason to hold back this time. I'm going to say it'll be a tie/interrupted.

- - - Updated - - -

(but sadly, it wasn't Summoned by a spear that pierced the heavens)

Holy shit, I totally forgot about that.

Damn, now I'm sad now.

EmperorShun
10th April 2016, 06:55 PM
Well i hope the new "Cipher"-Archtype is compatible with the old ones of Kaito-sama. But the duel was great, we got many new monsters (and Abyss Actors could have a chance of being printed in the new SP) and more R8NK Power. Good lord that Dracos are dead when that thing come- *whispers in ear* ehm what did you say? We will have Blue-eyes R8NK spam?...Please...please dont tell me thats gonna be a thing *cries*

Aaaaanyways, am I the only one thinking that OERD is more evil then we thaught? Think about it:
Crow VS Yuuya Duel is delayed one week before he is summoned...
and now Kaito VS Yuuya is delayed too *illuminati sound*

Btw, can anyone tell me why it is delayed this time, i've heard nothing about it? :0

LolsterXD97
10th April 2016, 06:57 PM
Well i hope the new "Cipher"-Archtype is compatible with the old ones of Kaito-sama. But the duel was great, we got many new monsters (and Abyss Actors could have a chance of being printed in the new SP) and more R8NK Power. Good lord that Dracos are dead when that thing come- *whispers in ear* ehm what did you say? We will have Blue-eyes R8NK spam?...Please...please dont tell me thats gonna be a thing *cries*

Aaaaanyways, am I the only one thinking that OERD is more evil then we thaught? Think about it:

Btw, can anyone tell me why it is delayed this time, i've heard nothing about it? :0

A DSOD special will air in its place.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th April 2016, 06:57 PM

Dark Side of Dimensions, I believe.

EmperorShun
10th April 2016, 07:08 PM
A DSOD special will air in its place.

Dark Side of Dimensions, I believe.

Thanks for the Info :D

If it will reveal more cards i'll be happy too...Speaking of that, its time for another Twitter-retweet-event :D

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th April 2016, 07:08 PM
It sucks that we have to wait two weeks for repentance, though.

ScionStorm
10th April 2016, 07:30 PM
Those Abyss Costumes better have more effects than +300 stat, Sawatari. Btw, why are they called costumes? It was a sword and a shield. That would set them in the "props" category.

KingJinzo
10th April 2016, 08:03 PM
Those Abyss Costumes better have more effects than +300 stat, Sawatari. Btw, why are they called costumes? It was a sword and a shield. That would set them in the "props" category.

Abyss Actors are a huge let-down for me since their introduction. They have only one boss monster so far, and the only thing it does is searching Spells that aren't really impressive. He would be better with Yosenju, but those would make him too powerful, since we always need a loser in our team.

King
10th April 2016, 10:25 PM
I hope Cipher Wing and Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon, don't get nerfed, the dragon seems to be first rank 8 Monster who makes the effort worthy, and Cipher wing can be a good tech. Now talking about the episode it was good, Yuto tells about Xyz Dimension Past, the duel was nice. Unfortunally there is no episode nex Sunday, what is the excuse this time ?

ScionStorm
10th April 2016, 10:27 PM
The excuse is DSOD.

I hope we get flashbacks where we get to see Yuto duel while we are in the Xyz dimension.

King
10th April 2016, 10:32 PM
DSOD will debut next sunday ? If so, fine by me.

ScionStorm
10th April 2016, 10:37 PM
No it comes out 2 weeks from now but apparently there's going to be some pre-premiere special about it next week. Or something like that.

yshipster
10th April 2016, 10:45 PM
So that episode was a huge dejavķ to the Shun vs LDS trio duel for me:

- both fought multiple enemies, while the outcome was clear all the time
- both introduces their decks in it
- both used three copies of the same monster, which can be special summoned when one of them is already on the field, to summon their Xyz boss monster
- both had a continuous spell that needs two of their monsters on the field, and a trap that negates destruction and damage
- both won in their second turn
- both will be allied with the lancers at some point

And I guess Abyss Actors will be a thing, since they got so many good monsters (and not so good spells and traps) until now. Although, if this episodes continuous spell will be printed, I guess it will be something like: Target 1 monster on the field; it gains 300 ATK or DEF. But the continuous Abyss Actor spells are weird anyways.

Also: Cypher Wing + Photon Veil is the better Daybreaker + Photon Veil + Photon Lead combo, which was used by Kaito in his first duel in ZeXal.

King
10th April 2016, 10:53 PM
The next duel, it feels like it will end in no result.

KingJinzo
10th April 2016, 10:58 PM
Cipher Dragon can be really effective against Xyz Monsters because you can overlay the stolen monster for Full Armored or Dark Matter without wasting your own monster.

King
10th April 2016, 11:07 PM
He is a fair Rank 8 Big-Eye, the only thing that makes this look a bit unbalacend is the 3000 ATK transformation.

ScionStorm
11th April 2016, 01:11 AM
Do you think it will be an all-episode kind of duel or an mostly-talking-3-move-interrupted duel?

King
11th April 2016, 01:21 AM
Do you think it will be an all-episode kind of duel or an mostly-talking-3-move-interrupted duel?

I'm talking about Kaito vs Yuya.

LolsterXD97
11th April 2016, 01:27 AM

I bet it will either get interruped by Allen and Sayaka or Shun.

King
11th April 2016, 01:41 AM
I bet it will either get interruped by Allen and Sayaka or Shun.

I think Kaito might be protecting those 2.

Destiny91
11th April 2016, 01:43 AM
If Kaito wins, Yuya & co. will get carded, because the most important thing Yugioh taugth us is that...if you want to prove a point, you have to win the duel. So if Yuya loses, then Kaito is right about carding anyone.
If Yuya wins, then there was no point in hyping Kaito. Though he has some means to do it.

So it will obviously be interrupted by the Xyz dimension version of Crow's kids.

SynjoDeonecros
11th April 2016, 01:53 AM
Abyss Actors are a huge let-down for me since their introduction. They have only one boss monster so far, and the only thing it does is searching Spells that aren't really impressive. He would be better with Yosenju, but those would make him too powerful, since we always need a loser in our team.

I agree, and not just because I'm a huge fan of Yosenju; he put up a hell of a fight with Yuya with the Yosenjus, but I can't remember if he's ever won with the Abyss Actors.

LolsterXD97
11th April 2016, 01:57 AM
Abyss Actors have potential (except the Abyss Costume BS), its just that Sawatari isn't very favored by the Writers.

King
11th April 2016, 02:03 AM
Abyss Actors can surpass Yosenju, if gets a decent setup of Spell cards and more offensiive Monsters.

ScionStorm
11th April 2016, 02:12 AM
Abyss Actors have potential (except the Abyss Costume BS),

Well, we didn't exactly see the cards with text. So there could be some additional effect we don't know about for them. Or they could just get buffed either way.

SynjoDeonecros
11th April 2016, 02:52 AM
Well, if he keeps losing all of his duels, it really strains credibility that he could be a Lancer, honestly...

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
11th April 2016, 02:55 AM
Well, if he keeps losing all of his duels, it really strains credibility that he could be a Lancer, honestly...

Given his personality, he has very little credibility to begin with.

ScionStorm
11th April 2016, 03:00 AM
Sadly, vs. Yuya was his last good duel. Although if there's one thing he has demonstrated, it's an ability to quickly pick up a new mechanic like Pendulums.

The Sonic Duck
11th April 2016, 03:01 AM
I keep hoping we will get an episode where Shingo does a 180 and completely own an opponent. But I guess they just decided to make another Manjoume and a character that almost never does anything important. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the fact that he's a Lancer.

Volteccer
11th April 2016, 03:05 AM
Give him some credit; he did almost beat Yugo.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
11th April 2016, 03:16 AM

I would, if he wasn't so damn insufferable.

ScionStorm
11th April 2016, 05:26 AM
Btw, SS Soul Chusai is the 30th card we've seen from The Man's main deck. I wonder if this season will get him up to 40 cards.

This ep. also makes his archetype have a whopping 32 cards- all monsters. For a single archetype. And the third season has only just begun.

Kamen Rider Revolver
11th April 2016, 06:48 AM
The thing about Sawatari is that the show punishes him for actually using good, practical strategies. He either gets owned by a hax boss monster or in the case of his duel Yugo loses to action card bs. But his only downfall in this duel was not knowing Galaxy Eyes was rank 8.

I do still laugh that some people are still pissy that Yosenjus aren't used anymore.

" Even if we can’t understand each other through talking,
I’m sure we can connect through Dueling!
That’s what I learned in the City, and during my Duel against Jack."

Well then what the heck was the point of conflict with Sawatari trying to duel if Yuya came to that conclusion by himself? If anyone is annoying to me its THE MAN. I'm kinda getting tired of his constant "Whatever Yuya says mentality"

I'm also wondering where they are going with Abyss Actors. Five new cards two of which introduced yet another archetype for it "Abyss Costumes". Anytime Konami.

Brightshine Stardust
11th April 2016, 07:47 AM
Kaito once again use multiple copies of 1 monster in his debut Duel.......

Anyway, there are three problems with Sawatari in this Duel:

1. He pointlessly destroyed Gongenzaka's Soul Chusai because of his reckless action (if only he revealed the card to Gongenzaka before activating it, Gongenzaka could have said something about how it badly affect his Soul Chusai)
2. He expected his opponent to play a Rank 4 just because his opponent summoned 2 Level 4.
3. He clearly tried to do everything by himself instead of cooperating with Gongenzaka.

I always think Sawatari was put into the Lancer because his father was asking for it, not because of his skills, really.

Reiji only comply to make his father shut up, so he can be done with him.

ScionStorm
11th April 2016, 08:07 AM

1. He pointlessly destroyed Gongenzaka's Soul Chusai because of his reckless action (if only he revealed the card to Gongenzaka before activating it, Gongenzaka could have said something about how it badly affect his Soul Chusai)
2. He expected his opponent to play a Rank 4 just because his opponent summoned 2 Level 4.
3. He clearly tried to do everything by himself instead of cooperating with Gongenzaka.

I always think Sawatari was put into the Lancer because his father was asking for it, not because of his skills, really.

It's because he was proficient at using Pendulum deck, as demonstrated in his duel with Yuya, which Reiji says is their ace weapon.

Never die
11th April 2016, 08:08 AM

Nop he was forced by the situation(not to mention his father quite likely did not know abou the lancers,sawatari happened to be there),if you remember the reason he joined the battle royale to begin with was because of the mess that was going on,not to mention reiji did not have any kind of decent duelists left anyways,his elite team of lancers was wiped out expect from the prophecy user that run like a bitch.

ScionStorm
11th April 2016, 08:17 AM
Lol yeah. All Reijis hand picked Lancer elite turned out to have jelly spine even going in fully informed of the situation. Sawatari was the only one who knew going in and didn't run from the battle. In fact, knowing the situations he gets in how many times have we actually seen him run from a duel?

I think Mieru should have gotten a second chance to be a Lancer. She lost to ninja deck.

Comun
11th April 2016, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I noted the similarity between Galaxy-Eyes Cipher and Odd-Eyes Rebellion since Yuto pointed out how the dragon is fueled with dragon.

Actually, only OERD was fueled with dragon. Judging from the card's name, I think Cipher was fueled with winged beast, but that's not confirmed yet.

Something that surprised in this episode was saying Kaito lost his family to Academia. I was expecting to see Haruto and Faker in a cameo before they were down from the count.

And with Wing, Interfere and GECD's effects, we can guess that the point of the Cipher deck is having multiple card with the same name. I wonder how that would go in the actual game.

Volteccer
11th April 2016, 02:06 PM
Actually, only OERD was fueled with dragon. Judging from the card's name, I think Cipher was fueled with winged beast, but that's not confirmed yet.

Something that surprised in this episode was saying Kaito lost his family to Academia. I was expecting to see Haruto and Faker in a cameo before they were down from the count.

And with Wing, Interfere and GECD's effects, we can guess that the point of the Cipher deck is having multiple card with the same name. I wonder how that would go in the actual game.

Probably not too bad with enough swarming.

KingJinzo
11th April 2016, 04:39 PM

I meant "wrath", not "dragon".

If Yuya wins, then there was no point in hyping Kaito. Though he has some means to do it.

Yuya defeated Crow and Jack in the last arc. It's not a surprise to let Kaito lose to Yuya; if Yuya can beat Jack, he can beat Kaito.

KingJinzo
11th April 2016, 04:47 PM
" Even if we canít understand each other through talking,
Iím sure we can connect through Dueling!
Thatís what I learned in the City, and during my Duel against Jack."

Well then what the heck was the point of conflict with Sawatari trying to duel if Yuya came to that conclusion by himself? If anyone is annoying to me its THE MAN. I'm kinda getting tired of his constant "Whatever Yuya says mentality"

Yuya tries to talk first and then duel his opponent. He's not the type of guy who chooses dueling as the first method of dealing conflicts. Sawatari was obviously hostile towards Kaito. And even if Sawatari had won the duel, he would have given the wrong message. Sawatari always tends to go into trouble whenever they arrive to a new place. He dueled Security, lost and the crew were in trouble. That's why Gongenzaka went between Sawatari and Kaito, to prevent anyone from being hurt, but Sawatari ruined his plan. Sawatari might be smart when he's dueling, but he's an idiot in every other situation.

SynjoDeonecros
11th April 2016, 05:03 PM
Sawatari, Sawatari, he's the man, if he can't do it, call his dad!

Destiny91
11th April 2016, 05:13 PM
Yuya defeated Crow and Jack in the last arc. It's not a surprise to let Kaito lose to Yuya; if Yuya can beat Jack, he can beat Kaito.

But he lost to Jack the first time. I mean, he can defeat Kaito, but not in their first duel. The plot always needs a guy whose way of thinking differs from Yuya's, so he would become stronger and then change that guy's opinion about dueling.

However, contrary to the duel with Jack, I don't see Kaito dueling Yuya a 2nd time.

KingJinzo
11th April 2016, 05:34 PM
But he lost to Jack the first time. I mean, he can defeat Kaito, but not in their first duel. The plot always needs a guy whose way of thinking differs from Yuya's, so he would become stronger and then change that guy's opinion about dueling.

However, contrary to the duel with Jack, I don't see Kaito dueling Yuya a 2nd time.

Yuya and Kaito should become allies as soon as possible. The might still don't get along after episode 102, and Kaito is definitively a tough guy. I'm not saying Yuya is definitively going to win, but considering the opponents he has defeated, it's not disbelievable that Yuya would win. And he doesn't need to lose every duel at the beginning of a new season (Yuzu, Reiji). He might lose to Edo later, but that would create a situation where Yuya loses two duels in a row. And his last defeat wasn't even long ago, even though it was cheap.

Kamen Rider Revolver
11th April 2016, 06:40 PM
Yuya tries to talk first and then duel his opponent. He's not the type of guy who chooses dueling as the first method of dealing conflicts. Sawatari was obviously hostile towards Kaito. And even if Sawatari had won the duel, he would have given the wrong message. Sawatari always tends to go into trouble whenever they arrive to a new place. He dueled Security, lost and the crew were in trouble. That's why Gongenzaka went between Sawatari and Kaito, to prevent anyone from being hurt, but Sawatari ruined his plan. Sawatari might be smart when he's dueling, but he's an idiot in every other situation.

Yeah they tried talking to him before Sawatari even jumped in. So while Sawatari was quick to duel, he solution to the problem wasn't unreasonable. Especially when Yuya learned just a couple episodes ago that sometimes you need to communicate through dueling when it was clear Kaito was not listening.

2. Lets be honest, most XYZ duelist in this show play rank4. The assumption wasn't off base, and he had a backup strategy anyway, when he was just going to banish it anyway.
3. He actually was willing to cooperate with THE MAN, until he tried to stop the duel. He was even excited with Gon joined the duel.

And I doubt that Reiji would care what Mr.Sawatari had to say. Next to Yuya, Sawatari had the most experience with Pendulum summoning.

Destiny91
11th April 2016, 06:53 PM
Yuya and Kaito should become allies as soon as possible. The might still don't get along after episode 102, and Kaito is definitively a tough guy. I'm not saying Yuya is definitively going to win, but considering the opponents he has defeated, it's not disbelievable that Yuya would win. And he doesn't need to lose every duel at the beginning of a new season (Yuzu, Reiji). He might lose to Edo later, but that would create a situation where Yuya loses two duels in a row. And his last defeat wasn't even long ago, even though it was cheap.

My guess is that (like everyone is saying) the duel gets interrupted. Because, there's absolutely no doubt that Yuya will get crushed by the "D" when they meet (at least from my point of view).
Like you say, losing 2 times in a row would be quite strange.
The interruption and Yuya learning about Kaito's past seem the best way to start becoming allies.

Comun
11th April 2016, 09:18 PM
My guess is that (like everyone is saying) the duel gets interrupted. Because, there's absolutely no doubt that Yuya will get crushed by the "D" when they meet (at least from my point of view).
Like you say, losing 2 times in a row would be quite strange.
The interruption and Yuya learning about Kaito's past seem the best way to start becoming allies.

Yuya was already crushed by the DD and now Edo is coming to show the just one D is already enough.

Baconator
11th April 2016, 09:35 PM
Inb4 Neo New Nuevo Sawatari is final antagonist. He's been making abyss actors appear to suck on purpose.

False_Revelation
11th April 2016, 09:45 PM
I actually found Cipher rather disappointing. If it didnt negate the effects then it would be DECENT. Plus, what if the monster you take has more than 3000attck. Thats a minus for you. Plus...it targets...and it has to be face up...
4 negatives...5 if counting the end phase part....
The original is better >_>

LolsterXD97
11th April 2016, 09:49 PM
I actually found Cipher rather disappointing. If it didnt negate the effects then it would be DECENT. Plus, what if the monster you take has more than 3000attck. Thats a minus for you. Plus...it targets...and it has to be face up...

By the bright side, if you take an Xyz, you can overlay it into Dark Matter or Full Armor. There is also the possibility of a Ranked-Up version (now if that RUM is consistent that's another thing).

King
11th April 2016, 10:10 PM
Its far more worthy having a monster that can be stored in the Extra Deck, then having a Main Deck Monster, that takes a bit of time and resources, and can brick your hand

Bloodclown
11th April 2016, 10:42 PM
I actually have a feeling that Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon is going to have a Tachyon Chaos Hole secondary effect where "If this card with no xyz materials is destroyed you can banish all face-up cards on the field.http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tachyon_Chaos_Hole

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
11th April 2016, 11:06 PM
I mean, it kinda looks like it has fairly long effect text in the OP, so I think it's safe to say it has some sort of secondary effect.

Brightshine Stardust
12th April 2016, 02:59 AM
Yeah, just stealing the opponent's monster and turn it into a copy of itself, feels kinda bland somehow, even though DRXD's only effect is literally just stealing ATK.

Maybe because there was a stronger Galaxy-Eyes Xyz before, although in a different series.

I think Mieru should have gotten a second chance to be a Lancer. She lost to ninja deck.

A ninja who ends up being mostly used as a guardian/messenger instead of a duelist.

So yeah, she should have gotten a second chance. Ayu too, it wasn't fair at all that her only duel is against a character meant to win.

I don't know about Ayu's VA, but for Mieru's VA, considering Yurusen rarely gets more than two lines of dialogue anyway in KR Ghost, she should have the time to play again as Mieru.......

ScionStorm
12th April 2016, 05:54 AM
Yeah, just stealing the opponent's monster and turn it into a copy of itself, feels kinda bland somehow, even though DRXD's only effect is literally just stealing ATK.

Maybe because there was a stronger Galaxy-Eyes Xyz before, although in a different series.

GECD be like
http://impossiblehq.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Final-Form.jpg

Volteccer
12th April 2016, 01:01 PM
I'm not too disappointed because it does something different; I imagine it will become a useful part of any Rank 8 toolbox. Possibly as a finisher for a final push.

Dread Kaiser
12th April 2016, 02:40 PM

exactly how often do you find monsters with MORE than 3K ATK
Now how many of those don't have Targetting/effect immunity

I think you horribly HOOORRRIBLY underestimate this thing

KingJinzo
12th April 2016, 06:01 PM

If the monster you would steal has more than 3000 ATK? It will become 3000x2, as Kaito demonstrated. And most monsters can be targeted to begin with. Only a selective number of decks avoid the whole targeting thing.

ARKhaven
12th April 2016, 09:22 PM
If the monster you would steal has more than 3000 ATK? It will become 3000x2, as Kaito demonstrated. And most monsters can be targeted to begin with. Only a selective number of decks avoid the whole targeting thing.

I'm pretty sure the effect for it to double was by the spell card itself, with the condition it had to swing on a monster.

False_Revelation
12th April 2016, 09:40 PM
I'm pretty sure the effect for it to double was by the spell card itself, with the condition it had to swing on a monster.
Thanks to you i dont have to reply to that quote.

ARKhaven
12th April 2016, 09:41 PM
Thanks to you i dont have to reply to that quote.

Which quote?

False_Revelation
12th April 2016, 09:48 PM
exactly how often do you find monsters with MORE than 3K ATK
Now how many of those don't have Targetting/effect immunity

I think you horribly HOOORRRIBLY underestimate this thing
These days lvl 4 monsters can reach 4k attck (or any amount thats more than 3k)
I wasnt referring to base attck.(although it did seem like it. my bad) there isnt much attck boost support for cipher. The one card in existence will probably get nerfed to "When a Cipher monster you control attcks"
I dont underestimate cipher because i know what its like to burn people after having been underestimated. And this was with the normal galaxy eyes...without using my extra deck...

- - - Updated - - -

Which quote?

the one from KingJinzo

KingJinzo
13th April 2016, 11:26 AM

I was obviously referring to Cipher Interfere.

Sanokal
14th April 2016, 11:14 PM
All right, picking up after Kite's big entrance last episode we have his confrontation with Sylvio and Gong.

Oh, what a meaty duel. Even if it's only six turns it felt so much longer. The strategy from everyone is fascinating, even how Sylvio and Gong interfere with one another. Seeing a Level 8 Superheavy Samurai synchro was a real treat, and Kite's Cipher deck definitely grabbed my attention. And while everyone jumps on Sylvio for his screw-ups, he actually did duel intelligently. He's not completely incompetent.

But Kite stole the show, as was intended. If episode 100's opening didn't make it clear how pissed off he was (and it did for me) then this eliminated the doubt that Kite is now in tranquil fury mode all the time. Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon is a monster of a card and the number of mythology gags surrounding it are brilliant.

And Yuto's back! I'm so pleased that it appears that he'll be serving as Yuya's spirit adviser. That'll certainly make things easier for them.

Overall, an episode that I really enjoyed. A second appearance of the card suits motif, how interesting. The animation was a little ugly at times, but it was mostly decent, probably because of Cipher Dragon's debut. Next episode looks to be the exciting one however!

The Sonic Duck
14th April 2016, 11:36 PM
I'm genuinely intrigued by Ciphers. It appears they are all about having multiple copies of the same card out. A very interesting approach. Also I want to point out that if you use Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon effect on an xyz you could use it to summon Dark Matter. This gets my seal of approval.

LolsterXD97
15th April 2016, 12:13 AM
Wombo combo with Cipher:

Hand: 3x Cipher Wing, Photon Lead, Galaxy-Eyes Cloud Dragon.

1)Activate Photon Lead and Summon 1 Cipher Wing, then Summon the other 2, tribute one for its effects and overlay the other 2 to Summon Cipher.
2)Take control of one opponent's monster with Cipher, then overlay Cipher into Dark Matter or Full Armor and detach Cipher with their effects.
3)Summon Galaxy-Eyes Cloud Dragon and Special Summon Cipher, then attach it to Cipher via its effect and take control of another monster.
4)Overlay Cipher or another Xyz into Full Armor or Dark Matter.

Result: 2 Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragons (stolen by you) and 2 Dark Matters or Full Armors in field while having 1 card in hand.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
15th April 2016, 06:44 AM
Wombo combo with Cipher:

1)Activate Photon Lead and Summon 1 Cipher Wing, then Summon the other 2, tribute one for its effects and overlay the other 2 to Summon Cipher.
2)Take control of one opponent's monster with Cipher, then overlay Cipher into Dark Matter or Full Armor and detach Cipher with their effects.
3)Summon Galaxy-Eyes Cloud Dragon and Special Summon Cipher, then attach it to Cipher via its effect and take control of another monster.

Result: 2 Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragons (stolen by you) and 2 Dark Matters or Full Armors in field while having 1 card in hand.
Top off with Cipher Interfere.

Zarkiel
15th April 2016, 07:07 PM
I'm curious if we'll see an explanation to yuto being absorbed by yuya, because they kind of danced around that one with shun and I don't think it will work with kaito. Also doesn't seem like kaito is apart of the resistance, since yuto would've known him more that just "that guy we saw at the rival school", so the resistance might actually be dead/pegasus'd (I'm assuming carding people kills them)

ScionStorm
15th April 2016, 07:42 PM
I'm curious if we'll see an explanation to yuto being absorbed by yuya, because they kind of danced around that one with shun and I don't think it will work with kaito. Also doesn't seem like kaito is apart of the resistance, since yuto would've known him more that just "that guy we saw at the rival school", so the resistance might actually be dead/pegasus'd (I'm assuming carding people kills them)
... Remember how many people stayed dead at the end of 5Ds first season?

KingJinzo
15th April 2016, 08:49 PM

Two. Trololol.

Zarkiel
15th April 2016, 09:14 PM

That was at the end. This is in the middle. Yeah, they could come back, but that would be after the current threat gets defeated (which will happen. gotta have that happy ending, no game of thrones here). Until Leo's LP hit zero, and perhaps even after then, they will be dead/pegasus'd, and therefore not able to help yuya.

Sanokal
15th April 2016, 10:05 PM

He's wearing the red scarf, I'd assume that he would have been in the Resistance.

Zarkiel
15th April 2016, 10:24 PM
He's wearing the red scarf, I'd assume that he would have been in the Resistance.

Yeah, but if that was the case, wouldn't yuto have remembered him as a resistance fighter rather than "that guy for the other school". Its hard to tell when shun and yuto left for standard, but considering only like a week passed between the start of first tournament in standard and the end of the friendship cup, it makes me question if/when he joined the resistance

ScionStorm
15th April 2016, 10:38 PM
Are you sure it's a week? Feels more like closer to 2-3 weeks.

Zarkiel
15th April 2016, 11:50 PM
Are you sure it's a week? Feels more like closer to 2-3 weeks.

The first tournament was only like 3 days, then they went to the synchro dimension like 2 days after, then they get to the synchro dimension and there's like 3 days til the friendship cup, which lasts like 2 days. so about a week and a half.

Its hard to tell really since there's no way to synch up time with each dimension, so what could be a few days for 1 could be weeks for another. I'm just assuming based on what summaries and shown day/night cycles say (and based on what I remember) I know the tournaments really didn't last very long, but its hard to place a time frame between the two.

KingKaash
16th April 2016, 01:14 AM

Yugo was holding back because he didn't even use Crystal Wing.

I hate Sawatari but in all honesty if they made him more of what they made Dennis and his Performages with their spam (which many now hate) then Sawatari would be a legit strong character.

LolsterXD97
16th April 2016, 01:21 AM
Yugo was holding back because he didn't even use Crystal Wing.

I hate Sawatari but in all honesty if they made him more of what they made Dennis and his Performages with their spam (which many now hate) then Sawatari would be a legit strong character.

Summoning an ace in the first turn isn't holding back.

Sanokal
16th April 2016, 03:07 AM
It was longer than that. Yuya was in a coma for two days.

KingKaash
16th April 2016, 04:00 AM
Summoning an ace in the first turn isn't holding back.

What I should've said was that he wasn't going all out because that lock combo shouldn't be considered holding back. So yea you're right.

Also seeing that Kaito/Kite and Yuto are from rival schools is a shocking revelation because I thought they were friends. Now I understand why he wants Yuya to unleash his "darkness" on Kite

ScionStorm
16th April 2016, 04:30 AM
What I should've said was that he wasn't going all out because that lock combo shouldn't be considered holding back. So yea you're right.

Also seeing that Kaito/Kite and Yuto are from rival schools is a shocking revelation because I thought they were friends. Now I understand why he wants Yuya to unleash his "darkness" on Kite

Wonder if Yuto and Shun ever kidnapped the other school's mascot for pranks?

Also, were they in Synchro Dimension for 3 days or 4 before the tournament began? Kind of feels like they were there for at least a couple of days before Yuya and friends got arrested.

The first tournament was only like 3 days, then they went to the synchro dimension like 2 days after, then they get to the synchro dimension and there's like 3 days til the friendship cup, which lasts like 2 days. so about a week and a half.

That's wrong. The Friendship Cup started with the first night opening ceremony and exhibition match with Jack and Yuya (episode 64-65). Day 1 of the official tournament ended with episode 70. Day 2 ended with episode 76. Day 3, I believe, ended with Crow vs. Yuya episode 88(which was originally scheduled for Day 4). Then Day 4 was Sergey, Jack and Yuya dueling. They were in Synchro Dimension for at least a week and a half.

Zarkiel
16th April 2016, 07:54 AM
Wonder if Yuto and Shun ever kidnapped the other school's mascot for pranks?

Also, were they in Synchro Dimension for 3 days or 4 before the tournament began? Kind of feels like they were there for at least a couple of days before Yuya and friends got arrested.

That's wrong. The Friendship Cup started with the first night opening ceremony and exhibition match with Jack and Yuya (episode 64-65). Day 1 of the official tournament ended with episode 70. Day 2 ended with episode 76. Day 3, I believe, ended with Crow vs. Yuya episode 88(which was originally scheduled for Day 4). Then Day 4 was Sergey, Jack and Yuya dueling. They were in Synchro Dimension for at least a week and a half.

I miscalculated about the exhibition match, but the rest of the tournament was 3 days. Yuya vs crow was the night of day 2. It was supposed to be day three, but he extended it. Then Sergey vs. Jack was also the same night, and yuya vs jack went to the morning, which they then got sent to xyz dimension.

ScionStorm
16th April 2016, 08:04 AM
I miscalculated about the exhibition match, but the rest of the tournament was 3 days. Yuya vs crow was the night of day 2. It was supposed to be day three, but he extended it. Then Sergey vs. Jack was also the same night, and yuya vs jack went to the morning, which they then got sent to xyz dimension.

Yuya and Crow was the night of Day 3. Day 2 last duel was Shun vs. Dennis.

NassX
16th April 2016, 11:20 AM
Yuya and Crow was the night of Day 3. Day 2 last duel was Shun vs. Dennis.

Yuya vs jack was at the start of day 1. That day ended with Shun vs Dennis and with professor telling to send troops to the synchro dimension after Dennis returned to fusion dimension. Day 2 started with yuzu vs sergey (morning) following by yuya vs Shinji (probably lunch time). After the duel yuya got arrested to be in a surgery at that night. After yuya was Crow vs Shun (in the afternoon) following by Yugo vs Serena (around 6/7 PM). Academia arrives with Yuri. Roger sees the obelisk force and forces a duel between Yuya and Crow that same night. Yuya wins and goes duel Barrett. Sergey arrives and defeats Barrett and duels Jack right off (around 3-5 AM of the 3rd day). Yuya goes to jack and starts their duel in the early morning (probably 7/8 AM). Their duel finishes around 9/10 AM as we see there's more sunlight.

Correcting you: Yuya and Crow dueled at the night of Day 2

KingJinzo
16th April 2016, 01:46 PM
Yuya vs jack was at the start of day 1. That day ended with Kurosaki vs Dennis and with professor telling to send troops to the synchro dimension after Dennis returned to fusion dimension. Day 2 started with yuzu vs sergey (morning) following by yuya vs Shinji (probably lunch time). After the duel yuya got arrested to be in a surgery at that night. After yuya was Crow vs Kurosaki (in the afternoon) following by Yugo vs Serena (around 6/7 PM). Academia arrives with Yuri. Roger sees the obelisk force and forces a duel between Yuya and Crow that same night. Yuya wins and goes duel Barrett. Sergey arrives and defeats Barrett and duels Jack right off (around 3-5 AM of the 3rd day). Yuya goes to jack and starts their duel in the early morning (probably 7/8 AM). Their duel finishes around 9/10 AM as we see there's more sunlight.

Correcting you: Yuya and Crow dueled at the night of Day 2
Evening starts very early in Japan. Yes, it's not actually Japan, but it's based on it. In episode 54, you can see the sunset at 5.30 PM You can't use the daytime from your own country as the basis, since everything starts earlier and ends earlier in Japan. The sunrise is around 4~5AM. I'm assume you are from Europe, since you used "18/19" instead of "6/7 PM".

Also, you forgot there was a break between the first round. The last match of day 1 was Serena vs Tony.

Zarkiel
16th April 2016, 03:11 PM
Evening starts very early in Japan. Yes, it's not actually Japan, but it's based on it. In episode 54, you can see the sunset at 5.30 PM You can't use the daytime from your own country as the basis, since everything starts earlier and ends earlier in Japan. The sunrise is around 4~5AM. I'm assume you are from Europe, since you used "18/19" instead of "6/7 PM".

Also, you forgot there was a break between the first round. The last match of day 1 was Serena vs Tony.

Did they mention there was a break between days? I thought it was just the next day.

NassX
16th April 2016, 03:43 PM

Oh i failed to change 18/19 to 6/7 forgot about it
Also forgot about serena's duel yeah

KingJinzo
16th April 2016, 03:44 PM
Did they mention there was a break between days? I thought it was just the next day.

Not between the days, between the first round. The first day had four matches, and the second day had the remaining duels of the first round. The quarter-finals and semi-finals started in the third day.

ScionStorm
16th April 2016, 05:26 PM
Correct. The first round took 2 Days to complete. Round 2 didn't start until Day 3.

NassX
16th April 2016, 07:31 PM
Correct. The first round took 2 Days to complete. Round 2 didn't start until Day 3.

Damn i'm forgetting a lot of stuff, I better watch the cup again :v

Baconator
16th April 2016, 07:44 PM
Wombo combo with Cipher:

Whenever someone posts a combo like this I can't help myself.
That's a nice 5 card combo you got there. You know what else is a good 5 card combo? Exodia.

ScionStorm
16th April 2016, 08:32 PM
Exodia isn't a combo mill. He's part of this complete break-fast.