PDA

View Full Version : Save My Soul (Lightsworn: September 2015)

GG ELDIUS
15th September 2015, 03:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MCptaiV.png

This deck, as of now, is incomplete. EMT drops in November (currently a Necro Gardna irl). Minerva is not presently in my possession, however, I will have access to 2 within the next 10 months (when the market is flooded with them). There is no telling when we are getting Lightsworn Judgment, so until we do, it is currently (irl) Torrential Tribute. With that said, this (completed) is the most consistent version of the deck I have ever piloted. 41 is the magic number for this archetype, and that won't ever change (for me). Anyway, all constructive feedback is welcome.

Sunami
15th September 2015, 03:26 AM
So my knowledge is pretty old (April/May-ish):
-2 Monster Reincarnation
-2 Forbidden Lance
-1 Aurkus? First guy on the second row far left side
-1 Threatening Roar

+2 Felis(Archer LS) (Remove one from Side Deck)
+1/+2 Minerva
+1/+2 Breakthrough Skill
+1/Skill Prisoner (Side Deck in place of Felis in Side Deck)
+0/+1 Galaxy Cyclone/Dark Hole/Solemn Scolding

Yeah Side seems odd. I'd be running GO&SR if I were you, but I'm not you. And extra could use:
Cowboy
Exciton
Castel
Ptolemaeus (the XYZ where you rank up into a rank 5)

You would do well to lose cards like:
- Leo
- Card to the left of Armades
- Maybe Emeral
- Run either Spark or Normal Stardust

GG ELDIUS
15th September 2015, 03:35 AM
So my knowledge is pretty old (April/May-ish):
-2 Monster Reincarnation
-2 Forbidden Lance
-1 Aurkus? First guy on the second row far left side
-1 Threatening Roar

+2 Felis(Archer LS) (Remove one from Side Deck)
+1/+2 Minerva
+1/+2 Breakthrough Skill
+1/Skill Prisoner (Side Deck in place of Felis in Side Deck)
+0/+1 Galaxy Cyclone/Dark Hole/Solemn Scolding

Yeah Side seems odd. I'd be running GO&SR if I were you, but I'm not you. And extra could use:
Cowboy
Exciton
Castel
Ptolemaeus (the XYZ where you rank up into a rank 5)

You would do well to lose cards like:
- Leo
- Card to the left of Armades
- Maybe Emeral
- Run either Spark or Normal Stardust

Maybe I should explain why I run certain things, and I don't run others. Monster Reincarnation is effectively a JD in hand if one has been milled. Forbidden Lance is an out to non-counter removal/negation, and a stat mod to keep my moderately sized beaters on board. Aurkus is soft lock on the opponent (can't target LS ANYWHERE), so if I am sitting on a stat mod or a T-Roar (Battle Stoppers are very important for decks that overextend and can't easily replenish resources), I am safe until I am ready to push for game. I don't like Felis except in certain match-ups because it's a more cloggy version of Wulf that won't trigger if it's sent to grave through a spell (which happens more often than you would think). You only need 2 Minerva (unless you were referring to the effect monster, in which case, it's a 1 of at best). I find BTS lackluster. 1 Skill Prisoner has 2 uses. I tried 2 before but the second always ended up being discard fodder or a useless bluff. I like Galaxy Cyclone at 2, and I fail to see why I need spell board removal when I have a hypothetical 8 JDs (+3x2 if including Emeral). Exciton is meh. Using Castel until I get Minerva IRL. I fail to see how a Rank 5 advances my game state to get my win condition. Armades is an out for decks heavy with floaters and backrow. Emeral is needed recycling. Leo it there as something to synchro into late game so I don't deck out, mostly. Spark and Original Stardust each have their uses. Spark for pushing (self protect effects are amazing in this deck), and Original Stardust for just protecting board vs Raigeki and such if I can't go for game that turn.

Sunami
15th September 2015, 03:43 AM
Wow I must suck at this game gg me damn.

Well yeah they all made sense so I'll show myself out now, but I was not saying no to armades, that card has won me more games than most people realize in Mythic Rulers. i was reffering to the card to the left of Armades

GG ELDIUS
15th September 2015, 03:47 AM
Wow I must suck at this game gg me damn.

Well yeah they all made sense so I'll show myself out now, but I was not saying no to armades, that card has won me more games than most people realize in Mythic Rulers. i was reffering to the card to the left of Armades

Powered Inzektron? Yeah. That card is Light Attribute (Honest seems legit), lv6 easy access, 2500 ATK (solid beater) with self-protect the turn it is summoned. I could activate JD's effect multiple times and not have to worry about losing it. 2 JD+Inzektron is game.

Ortlinde
15th September 2015, 03:05 PM
Have you considered to use the performage engine?
It help you to spam the rank 4 faster, access to naturia beast, ....

GG ELDIUS
15th September 2015, 07:40 PM
Have you considered to use the performage engine?
It help you to spam the rank 4 faster, access to naturia beast, ....

Yes I have actually. Too cloggy, and clashes with the core theme of the deck (drop JD and win). Every time I would use Trick Clown is 1 less JD board wipe available to me.