PDA

View Full Version : Duel Disk design: Hyperdimension Neptunia

Hope in the Interstice
21st April 2016, 04:29 AM
So I commissioned this a while back: a special Duel Disk modelled after Hyperdimension Neptunia.

http://i.imgur.com/wIZQJbq.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/nGWHcmi.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/lNR6O80.pngFull album here. (http://imgur.com/a/OkIE5)

What you see now is the Planeptune colour scheme of the Gamindustri model. Each landmass has its own colour scheme which corresponds to its CPU (the body represents the CPU's colour, the crystal the CPU's eyes, and the blade the CPU's wings). Since probably 90% have no idea what that means, don't worry. Anyway, cards are digitised as they are slotted into the disk and un-digitised as they are taken out again.

Drawn by Pencil-X-Paper (http://pencil-x-paper.deviantart.com/) for a commission. He's very talented and doesn't have a long line of buyers so, if you want something drawn, hit him up. Perhaps the Org could ask him for some design help with the site.

KingJinzo
22nd April 2016, 01:19 AM
Purple Heart: Fusion.
Black Heart: Xyz.
White Heart: Synchro.
Green Heart: Pendulum.
Iris Heart: Ritual.
Yellow Heart: Normal.
Orange Heart: Effect.

Rei:...Ritual?

DelCtrl
22nd April 2016, 04:06 AM
As a fellow Neptunia fan, I am very pleased that this exists. Thanks Hope!

Hope in the Interstice
22nd April 2016, 06:16 AM
As a fellow Neptunia fan, I am very pleased that this exists. Thanks Hope!
As someone who's not a Neptunia fan, you're welcome. :D

KingJinzo
22nd April 2016, 12:35 PM
I like to associate the four goddesses with the Four Dimensional Dragons, since they fit the color schemes.

Hope in the Interstice
22nd April 2016, 01:03 PM
I like to associate the four goddesses with the Four Dimensional Dragons, since they fit the color schemes.
Works better if you go with the Ultradimension CPUs instead of the Hyperdimension ones.

KingJinzo
22nd April 2016, 03:21 PM
Works better if you go with the Ultradimension CPUs instead of the Hyperdimension ones.

How should it work?
Iris Heart is not exactly purple. Iris is a shade between blue and purple, but tends more towards blue. And Yellow Heart does not fit either. And if we don't count Rei, there are five of them.

Hope in the Interstice
22nd April 2016, 03:28 PM
How should it work?
Iris Heart is not exactly purple. Iris is a shade between blue and purple, but tends more towards blue. And Yellow Heart does not fit either. And if we don't count Rei, there are five of them.
Ignore Peashy and Rei. Iris Heart is close enough to Purple, anyhow, and she has a sort of rose-ish relation that pairs her beautifully with Yuri, who is plant-focused and sadistic with a cold smile.

KingJinzo
22nd April 2016, 03:43 PM
Ignore Peashy and Rei. Iris Heart is close enough to Purple, anyhow, and she has a sort of rose-ish relation that pairs her beautifully with Yuri, who is plant-focused and sadistic with a cold smile.

Yet the other three don't match the personalities of the dragon users either. Iris is still not purple.

Kindrindra
22nd April 2016, 09:55 PM
Honestly, for the HyperDimension cast I think a better distribution would be Xyz for White Heart (Chaos Xyz Change to reflect how she goes ragey), Synchro for Green Heart (Generally the favorite summoning method among skilled older players, which Vert would definitely be), Pendulum for Purple Heart (ties the others together, is the special exception method which doesn't start in the Extra Deck much like how Neptune is the only console which isn't a current-gen console in the real world), and uh Fusion for Black Heart because... They were left over... (Also because Fusion requires a lot of resources and don't you dare tell me that you can't see Lastation's Oracle making excellent use of that.)

And Arfoire for Nekroz-Style anti-Extra Ritual of course. Or Rank 4 spam for a pun on her namesake.

Hope in the Interstice
23rd April 2016, 11:04 AM
Honestly, for the HyperDimension cast I think a better distribution would be Xyz for White Heart (Chaos Xyz Change to reflect how she goes ragey), Synchro for Green Heart (Generally the favorite summoning method among skilled older players, which Vert would definitely be), Pendulum for Purple Heart (ties the others together, is the special exception method which doesn't start in the Extra Deck much like how Neptune is the only console which isn't a current-gen console in the real world), and uh Fusion for Black Heart because... They were left over... (Also because Fusion requires a lot of resources and don't you dare tell me that you can't see Lastation's Oracle making excellent use of that.)

And Arfoire for Nekroz-Style anti-Extra Ritual of course. Or Rank 4 spam for a pun on her namesake.
So that you're not left with any extras like you were with Black Heart, let's just sort 'em out by colour. Hey, it even works; Rituals are long extinct and outdated as a concept while Fusion is insanely old whereas Synchro, Xyz, and Pendulum are much more "current gen", and in that order too so give 'em to Blanc, Noire, and Vert respectively. Also Kei uses Deskbots.

But anyway, more about the disk.

Ex✭Blanc
24th April 2016, 08:29 AM
I like the design, simple and fiting with the last design from around Zexal and DoD.

But by apparence the field zones looks a bit confusion at 1st view as canīt tell if the left and right side are meant
for pendulum scales? And where the deck and extra deck goes?

Hope in the Interstice
24th April 2016, 09:18 AM
I like the design, simple and fiting with the last design from around Zexal and DoD.

But by apparence the field zones looks a bit confusion at 1st view as canīt tell if the left and right side are meant
for pendulum scales? And where the deck and extra deck goes?
Those left and right sides are for Pendulums, yes. The main body has four slots on either side of the crystal:

Top left side: Extra Deck
Top right side: Graveyard
Bottom left side: Spells and Traps, including Field Spells
Bottom right side: Main Deck

cypher32
29th April 2016, 01:29 PM
Those left and right sides are for Pendulums, yes. The main body has four slots on either side of the crystal:

Top left side: Extra Deck
Top right side: Graveyard
Bottom left side: Spells and Traps, including Field Spells
Bottom right side: Main Deck

Not a fan of Neptunia, but... GOD, THOSE DESIGNS ARE AWESOME!!

You should get a Kickstarter for this type of thing, if its feasible. I'm sure a lot of us would be willing to help.

Hope in the Interstice
29th April 2016, 02:42 PM
Not a fan of Neptunia, but... GOD, THOSE DESIGNS ARE AWESOME!!

You should get a Kickstarter for this type of thing, if its feasible. I'm sure a lot of us would be willing to help.
I doubt it'd get much traction and it's up to the artist anyway, and I'm sure they have other things they'd prefer working on.

cypher32
29th April 2016, 08:01 PM
I doubt it'd get much traction and it's up to the artist anyway, and I'm sure they have other things they'd prefer working on.

Aw, what a shame. Still, the options open, and like I said, I'm sure a lot of us would be happy to help.