PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 102 Discussion: Odd-Eyes vs Galaxy-Eyes

KingJinzo
24th April 2016, 12:51 PM
Yuya duels Kaito. Despite being a short duel, it's pretty good.
Yuya summons Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon without Dark Rebellion, however, Kaito summons a second Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon to double the ATK of the first one, forcing a double KO of both dragons. Yuya then sets Odd-Eyes Rebellion in the Pendulum Zone, uses its Pendulum Effect and summons two Level 3 monsters that he turns into Level 4 monsters to summon Dark Rebellion. How would he have won the duel? He couldn't attack anymore, Dark Rebellion's effect only last for one turn and the lost ATK would come back, and he would probably lose in the next turn, although the second Cipher Dragon cannot use its effect. Anyway, Kaito runs away when he is confronted by the fact that Yuya and co. are Kurosaki's nakama.

Looks like everyone from Heartland actually calls Kurosaki by his first name. I'm still gonna call him Kurosaki, since the anime calls him by his last name, and everyone outside of Heartland does.

Next episode, we shift the focus on Yuzu and a certain other girl in blue.

LolsterXD97
24th April 2016, 12:57 PM
The new Magician was cool in apparence and effect, it made OERD more useful while being a Vainilla.

KingJinzo
24th April 2016, 01:26 PM
Kaito also shows that he pretty much doesn't shuffle his deck.

Brightshine Stardust
24th April 2016, 01:44 PM
The most interesting thing in this episode is Arc-V Kaito being shown to have 2 copies of his ace. He's the first character since Kaiba to have more than 1 copy of ace! I suspect he might actually have 3 copies.

LolsterXD97
24th April 2016, 01:47 PM
The most interesting thing in this episode is Arc-V Kaito being shown to have 2 copies of his ace. He's the first character since Kaiba to have more than 1 copy of ace! I suspect he might actually have 3 copies.

Very possible, his Deck is centered in having multiple copies of a monster after all. And Reiji had 3 copies of Doom Armageddon, that fake Jack also had 3 RDAs in 5ds.

KingJinzo
24th April 2016, 02:21 PM
Very possible, his Deck is centered in having multiple copies of a monster after all. And Reiji had 3 copies of Doom Armageddon, that fake Jack also had 3 RDAs in 5ds.

It's very hard to actually count Hell Armageddon as his ace now. Yes, in season 1, it was, but now... He always uses something different in the end. He apparently doesn't even stick with Abyss Ragnarok either. The Hell Armageddons are basically beatstick mecha-mooks now. Reiji along with Hell Armageddon and Beowulf is practically insulting the idea of having ace dragons. In his first duel, he dominates the duel with his trio and his three Hell Armageddon. He wins his second duel with Tell and d'Arc, his third duel with Abyss Ragnarok and his evolutions, and his fourth duel with Beowulf, Siegfried and Chaos Apocalypse. Reiji is like Yugi with beatsticks. Hell Armageddon has only appeared in two duels so far, and it did nothing in its second appearance aside from becoming material fodder, while Abyss Ragnarok got the spotlight. Reiji basically runs 12 aces so far, and none of them can be described as the definitive ace. Hell Armageddon probably only served to subvert our expectations in the end. Jack and Kaito on the other hand totally focus on their aces like it's their only way to win.

NassX
24th April 2016, 03:57 PM
Yuya duels Kaito. (...) How would he have won the duel? He couldn't attack anymore, Dark Rebellion's effect only last for one turn and the lost ATK would come back

He could not, but he still had 2 cards in his hand. And you forgot that Dark rebellion xyz dragon only targets level 5 or higher monsters, so its effect could not be used.

Kaito also shows that he pretty much doesn't shuffle his deck.

I laughed cause that's so true. Souds like Yugo's opening hand as well

KingJinzo
24th April 2016, 04:12 PM
Even though Kaito didn't introduce new monsters, his Spells and Traps give us the idea how his deck works and how he can gain access to monsters with the same name easily.

Yuya's new cards are also nice. His LeBell Man can provide some nice Xyz plays, while Descend Dragon Magician is a phenomal card for Odd-Eyes decks. It gives Odd-Eyes Rebellion and Odd-Eyes Absolute a huge boost, which the archetype needs since their strongest monsters usually don't go higher than 3000 and needs cards like Dark Rebellion to do the beating job. Even though high ATK isn't everything, Descend Dragon Magician might help against untargetable threats. I hope it's effect doesn't get nerf'd and gets stronger instead, since it only works against dragons. I don't mind that it only works with dragons, but if it only works against dragons, that's too specific.

ScionStorm
24th April 2016, 05:40 PM
So Kaito has cards specifically to double down. Well, much like those that have come before him, a 1-monster deck it is for now.

Now on to my most anticipated character introduction episode. Cyber Angels look like they are getting a new member already. Hopefully it comes out in Invasion of Venom along with a Light version of Earth Chant.

KingJinzo
24th April 2016, 05:45 PM
Now on to my most anticipated character introduction episode. Cyber Angels look like they are getting a new member already. Hopefully it comes out in Invasion of Venom along with a Light version of Earth Chant.

I'm hoping the new Cyber Angels are going to be Rituals in the first place. Since the old ones have been promoted recently, it would be a middle finger to us if she uses Fusions again. The fact that she uses Rituals is already an effective way to say that she changed sides.

ScionStorm
24th April 2016, 06:10 PM
She only had one fusion in GX. I wouldn't mind if she kept her Cyber Sporty main deck monsters. Aside from Fairy-Type Cyber Angels her deck consisted of the only Warrior-Type Cyber monsters in the game.

NassX
24th April 2016, 06:15 PM
I'm hoping the new Cyber Angels are going to be Rituals in the first place. Since the old ones have been promoted recently, it would be a middle finger to us if she uses Fusions again. The fact that she uses Rituals is already an effective way to say that she changed sides.

I'm quite confident She will use fusion monsters hat require "2 ritual summoned monsters" or "2 cyber angel ritual monsters" to fusion summon

LolsterXD97
24th April 2016, 06:19 PM
Its either using the Fusions as Ritual fodder or using the Rituals as Fusion fodder (for Asuka).

KingJinzo
24th April 2016, 07:42 PM
She only had one fusion in GX. I wouldn't mind if she kept her Cyber Sporty main deck monsters. Aside from Fairy-Type Cyber Angels her deck consisted of the only Warrior-Type Cyber monsters in the game.
Yet she's from the Fusion Dimension. Should Ritual Summoning even exist there? Chronos had only one Fusion Monster. The result? We got five new Ancient Gear Fusion Monsters.

I'm quite confident She will use fusion monsters hat require "2 ritual summoned monsters" or "2 cyber angel ritual monsters" to fusion summon
I think that the "fact" that she will use a Fusion Monster that requires 2 Ritual Monsters is pretty much a given to me.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
24th April 2016, 08:40 PM
Apparently Kaito recognizes the name "Sakaki," as well. He doesn't seem particularly cooperative with the other Heartlanders, perhaps thinking that they'd drag him down?

Destiny91
24th April 2016, 10:02 PM
At some point of the episode I thought about counting the number of times Yuya and Yuto mentioned Jack's name.

KingJinzo
24th April 2016, 10:02 PM
Apparently Kaito recognizes the name "Sakaki," as well. He doesn't seem particularly cooperative with the other Heartlanders, perhaps thinking that they'd drag him down?

I guess he is more confused about the new things he learned. He's blinded by rage and has trouble to accept those new guys as his new comrades. I wouldn't want to become comrades with Sawatari to be honest.^^

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
25th April 2016, 12:16 AM
I guess he is more confused about the new things he learned. He's blinded by rage and has trouble to accept those new guys as his new comrades. I wouldn't want to become comrades with Sawatari to be honest.^^

I was more referring to how he *seems* to at least implicitly tell Sayaka to fuck off by interrupting her and absconding. Granted, I'll have to wait for the sub to know the actual dialogue, but he doesn't seem to be terribly keen on working with people even he knows are allies.

Also, how many episodes has it been since we've had an "egao" flashback to Yuto's "death?"

KingJinzo
25th April 2016, 02:49 PM
Also, how many episodes has it been since we've had an "egao" flashback to Yuto's "death?"

Since the Lancers went to City I guess. Which would be less than 50 episodes.

Brightshine Stardust
26th April 2016, 04:13 AM

I didn't count Fake Jack since he and his RDAs are, well, fake. But I did forget about Reiji's three copies of Hell Armageddon.

Then again, like what KingJinzo said, Hell Armageddon doesn't feels like an ace anymore, more like a random member of the archetype that he just happens to have 3 copies of.......

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
26th April 2016, 05:02 AM
I didn't know Kaito ran the same trap card that the dub does... (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Double_Sensor_Ship)

ScionStorm
26th April 2016, 07:59 AM
Since Sawatari is a Protagonist's Rival character, when do you think he is finally going to get a 3000 ATK Abyss Actor- Reluctant Dragon?

NassX
26th April 2016, 10:43 AM
Do you think Kaito disappeared because he was ashamed when he realized he was dueling the son of sakaki yushou? Maybe yuya's father helped the population in the xyz dimension or some sort from the academia and kaito was one of them.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
26th April 2016, 01:04 PM
Do you think Kaito disappeared because he was ashamed when he realized he was dueling the son of sakaki yushou? Maybe yuya's father helped the population in the xyz dimension or some sort from the academia and kaito was one of them.

I don't think it's shame. I suppose it all depends on what he knows of Yusho.

KingJinzo
26th April 2016, 05:27 PM
Since Sawatari is a Protagonist's Rival character, when do you think he is finally going to get a 3000 ATK Abyss Actor- Reluctant Dragon?

He was a rival in season 1, but basically lost this role since he became a Lancer. Daibakaze was his 3000 ATK ace, but once he switched to Abyss Actor, he is basically not a rival anymore. At least for now. Shark didn't have a 3000 ATK ace, Kaiser certainly didn't have a 3000 ATK ace, and Edo's 3000 ATK ace was introduced in season 4, where he's not a rival anymore.

ScionStorm
27th April 2016, 03:10 AM
But Chazz/Manjyoume did have Armed Dragon and eventually leveled all the way to its LV 10 form with 3000ATK. Sawatari is more the Chazz of this series than any Kaiser Ryo or Edo. I wouldn't have even thought of comparing him to either of those characters.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
27th April 2016, 04:00 AM
There's Abyss Actor - Devil Heel with 3000 ATK.

ScionStorm
27th April 2016, 04:27 AM
There's Abyss Actor - Devil Heel with 3000 ATK.

Eh, I guess that works. Yeah, that works. Still, it would be pretty cool for Sawatari to have an AA Dragon...Even if it is Fiend-Type.

KingJinzo
27th April 2016, 11:53 AM
But Chazz/Manjoume did have Armed Dragon and eventually leveled all the way to its LV 10 form with 3000ATK. Sawatari is more the Chazz of this series than any Kaiser Ryo or Edo. I wouldn't have even thought of comparing him to either of those characters.

I never excluded Manjoume. Was there anything I said about Manjoume when you quoted me? Manjoume is (unfortunately) Judai's main rival.

NassX
27th April 2016, 10:51 PM
Subs are up. So apparently kaito refused help from his friends and went on a solo wolf hunt for academia soldiers.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
27th April 2016, 10:57 PM
Subs are out. Kaito straight up says that he's done working with "you guys," referring to Sayaka, Allen, and Shun, so something must have happened to cause a falling out between them. I suppose that'll be explained (hopefully) next episode.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

ScionStorm
27th April 2016, 11:00 PM
I never excluded Manjoume. Was there anything I said about Manjoume when you quoted me?

So mentioning all the other rivals except Manjyoume means your not excluding him?

Also, I didn't quote you...

KingKaash
27th April 2016, 11:47 PM
The subs are out. Man this episode's ending raises more questions than it answers. I was not expecting Kaito to run off. I thought whatever the outcome of the duel is, he'll stay back and demand explanations. When Shun came in with the new characters, I thought for sure there was gonna be a cool backstory reunion now. But Kaito runs off. Maybe because Kaito is from a rival school, he doesn't feel like working with Shun and Yuto-holder Yuya.

Also shocked to see 2 Cipher Dragons. It makes me wonder if he's going Over-Xyz or Over-Rank-Up using two Rank monsters. Idk what the result would be though. And so I wonder what materials will be needed to make Neo-Cipher

EDIT: Btw Shun had no "swag" back in the day

https://36.media.tumblr.com/fa7bb7caa844e0aef4530c00fb5b9431/tumblr_o5eujdVPgr1vnrkbxo1_500.jpg

ScionStorm
27th April 2016, 11:58 PM
I'd have thought Shun would at least have the ascot back in the day.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
28th April 2016, 12:21 AM
I'd have thought Shun would at least have the ascot back in the day.

No reason to; that was his Resistance scarf.

ScionStorm
28th April 2016, 12:57 AM
No reason to; that was his Resistance scarf.

But Resistance Scarves had to have originated from someone. I guess it's just as easily could be anyone else. But it would have been a nice little bit of storytelling if it started with him.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
28th April 2016, 01:38 AM
But Resistance Scarves had to have originated from someone. I guess it's just as easily could be anyone else. But it would have been a nice little bit of storytelling if it started with him.

But he's not the leader of the Resistance, not organizationally, not politically, not symbolically, not militarily. We haven't had any looks into the command structure of the Resistance at all, so until we do (if at all), we won't see how it started. Though I certainly agree that they should provide more lore regarding it.

ScionStorm
28th April 2016, 01:47 AM
But he's not the leader of the Resistance, not organizationally, not politically, not symbolically, not militarily. We haven't had any looks into the command structure of the Resistance at all, so until we do (if at all), we won't see how it started. Though I certainly agree that they should provide more lore regarding it.

Exactly, it's this fact that right now, Shun is the only character we really know from the resistance so there isn't anyone else right now left to turn to for development on the organization's history. Hopefully we'll get that this season. A better look into the lives of Shun and Yuto and even Rin before the start of the series would do great strides for their character development. And maybe (crosses fingers and toes) we get flashback duels with more PK monsters from Yuto. I so want to see more PK Xyz. Shun can take a break from new cards for just a bit longer if it means we get some PK support.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
28th April 2016, 02:39 AM
Exactly, it's this fact that right now, Shun is the only character we really know from the resistance so there isn't anyone else right now left to turn to for development on the organization's history. Hopefully we'll get that this season. A better look into the lives of Shun and Yuto and even Rin before the start of the series would do great strides for their character development. And maybe (crosses fingers and toes) we get flashback duels with more PK monsters from Yuto. I so want to see more PK Xyz. Shun can take a break from new cards for just a bit longer if it means we get some PK support.

Here's hoping.

Sanokal
28th April 2016, 04:50 AM
And once again, THIS is why I wait for the subs.

Definitely not quite as good a duel as the previous episode, but still enjoyable nonetheless. I saw the Cipher Wings coming a mile away, but seeing Cipher Interfere appear again was a nice treat, seeing as it seemed like a one-off card. I'm pleased that this wasn't the case. It was also really good to see Drummerilla again on Yuya's part. But the real stars of the episode were the dragons; Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon finally gets to be used as a Pendulum Card and Kite is revealed to have two maybe even three Cipher Dragons. Hells yeah!

I really enjoyed seeing Yuya and Yuto working together, and I was quite surprised at how much they deconstructed Yuya and Jack's happy ending duel. Also, yay for the flashback! It's been a while since we've seen it!

Eva pointed out in her review that nothing much really happened this episode, which is a fair point: while the Lancers do link up with some new comrades; Allen and Sayaka, Kite is still pissed and gaps it. I'm actually worried that this may be a trend for the arc: unlike previous arcs, the opening gives absolutely no indication of what is going on, which I'm really not happy about. But Kite's reaction upon hearing the name "Sakaki" might just be the trend setter, and finally, FINALLY an indication as to what Yusho has been up to. He better have a good excuse for running out on his family like that, because it was the first of many breaking moments for Yuya.

So while it wasn't necessarily a BAD episode, it technically wasn't good, and I enjoyed it. Next week and the week after though...those are the next indicators!

Zarkiel
28th April 2016, 05:12 PM
Finally Yuto actually appears to be doing something. I wonder if they'll be going the manga route and let them trade places. I don't mind another astral, but I'd rather see him duel more.

KingJinzo
28th April 2016, 05:24 PM
So mentioning all the other rivals except Manjoume means your not excluding him?

Also, I didn't quote you...
I only mentioned those rivals who do not have 3000 ATK aces. If you noticed, I didn't mention Kaiba, Jack or Kaito.

Volteccer
29th April 2016, 08:02 PM
When Yuya had the two lvel 3's out, I was thinking to myself, "Ma, it's too bad Yuto didn't also give Yuya Break Sword."

ScionStorm
1st May 2016, 09:56 AM

Its either using the Fusions as Ritual fodder or using the Rituals as Fusion fodder (for Asuka).

Well she has a 3000 ATK Lv.10 Ritual Ace monster that hates all over fusions now so... I don't think she'll be interested in making fusions with her rituals any time soon. Maybe she'll fuse Cyber Blader for old times sake though. In a flashback maybe?