PDA

View Full Version : (Unconfirmed) Frightfur Daredevil in Duelist of Radiance?

Eerie Code
27th April 2016, 04:46 PM
Apologies in advance if this is the wrong section, I wasn't sure about where to ask for confirmation. So, there's a discussion on the Ygopro forums about this picture (https://orig08.deviantart.net/fe1b/f/2016/118/b/5/frightfur_daredevil_by_slackermagician-da0j71y.jpg) from Deviantart: apparently "Frightfur Daredevil" is going to be the 31th card in the Collector's Pack. Personally I'm rather skeptical about it, since the Arc-V manga cards are at the top of the set and there's no more room for them: also, I've looked through the recent tweets from the OCG and I've found no sources for this image. What do you think? Is it just a convincing fake?

Dread Kaiser
27th April 2016, 05:42 PM
Apologies in advance if this is the wrong section, I wasn't sure about where to ask for confirmation. So, there's a discussion on the Ygopro forums about this picture (https://orig08.deviantart.net/fe1b/f/2016/118/b/5/frightfur_daredevil_by_slackermagician-da0j71y.jpg) from Deviantart: apparently "Frightfur Daredevil" is going to be the 31th card in the Collector's Pack. Personally I'm rather skeptical about it, since the Arc-V manga cards are at the top of the set and there's no more room for them: also, I've looked through the recent tweets from the OCG and I've found no sources for this image. What do you think? Is it just a convincing fake?

3 things
If I can't find 2 sources (or 1 official), its fake til proven otherwise
if you haven't seen its chapter in ARC V yet
Sora Used Pendulums to summon this, So you'd think we'd get those too. so thats room for 3 cards we'd need
the picture LOOKS like something used for an official reveal, background, textbox etc all look like the earlier Eternal Soul Reprint. then why we can't find it on an official source?
if this was on Maxut or another reputable source, that'd be one thing.

So I am extremely skeptical, to say the least

Baconator
27th April 2016, 07:22 PM
3 things
If I can't find 2 sources (or 1 official), its fake til proven otherwise
if you haven't seen its chapter in ARC V yet
Sora Used Pendulums to summon this, So you'd think we'd get those too. so thats room for 3 cards we'd need
the picture LOOKS like something used for an official reveal, background, textbox etc all look like the earlier Eternal Soul Reprint. then why we can't find it on an official source?
if this was on Maxut or another reputable source, that'd be one thing.

So I am extremely skeptical, to say the least

This is a fusion, he used pendulums to summon that level 7 edge imp.

Dread Kaiser
27th April 2016, 07:27 PM
This is a fusion, he used pendulums to summon that level 7 edge imp.

1, you should spoiler tag that
2, read the chapter, he used the pendulum effect of Fusionist to summon this thing, using that level 7 edge imp cotton eater as material

Baconator
27th April 2016, 07:34 PM
1, you should spoiler tag that
2, read the chapter, he used the pendulum effect of Fusionist to summon this thing, using that level 7 edge imp cotton eater as material

The pendulums aren't needed for it's summon though, so this being real wouldn't necessarily mean the pendulums have to be printed.

Dread Kaiser
27th April 2016, 08:15 PM
The pendulums aren't needed for it's summon though, so this being real wouldn't necessarily mean the pendulums have to be printed.

Never said it was necessary, but ARC V manga doesn't exactly have a huge pool of cards to go with so I find it odd that they would pick exactly 1 card from an entire duel of new fluffal/frightfurs, from the most recent chapter where may not even have its full effects revealed (since text on that pic is clearly way more then "deal 1K on kill")

as you know, the cards in this set are grouped by source, then by Character
so while it isn't exactly unprecedented, I'm saying I find it extremely unlikely they gave ARC V Sora 1 slot since it was done exactly twice in the collectors pack series. Ayers Rock sunrise, from a 2 duel character whose deck was already long released, save the Rock, so thats excusable and Doble Passe, where Alexis has more stuff to come still. That said you can make a case that Doble Passe was the only unreleased card in her Season 1 deck so that this is no different Ayers her only other cards would have been few bad 1 off spells and traps whose effects already exist and White Veil. Manga Sora has no such circumstances.

so I'm saying that a pack series that has only once in 3 sets (not counting this one obviously) has made a standalone character slot, making another one (even ignoring there is no room for it under the current method of sorting the packs) is unlikely, thus evidence that this is fake. as its historically MORE likely that they would make the other cards with it, meaning there is a need for more slots that aren't there.

Further, the OCG usually uses the Premium Packs to release this kind of thing (not unprecedented either, Zexal Collector pack (thats Number Hunters to us TCG players) also had some Manga cards in it, 3 and 1 game original support for it (Box of Friends and co. and Number 63). This is consistent with the size of the ARC V Manga slots (5, that is to say very small) so its also more likely that the new Flufals would come in from there, like almost everything else from the Manga thus far

In summation, I am not saying this thing can't be release without the rest of the new cards. I'm saying that through patterns from prior sets that it is very unlikely that they are doing that. and that this is more evidence to my belief that this is fake.

Any Questions?
(yes I put this much thought and research into this kind of thing)
Edit: HOLY FUCK I SPENT 40 MINUTES TYPING THAT

ScionStorm
27th April 2016, 09:03 PM
I was thinking FF Devil being either the next Volume promo or Valuable Book promo next to Chimeraflessia.

Dyson Sphere
27th April 2016, 09:39 PM
i just looked up the actual page on deviantart and its listed as fan art so id say fake

Baconator
27th April 2016, 10:44 PM
Never said it was necessary, but ARC V manga doesn't exactly have a huge pool of cards to go with so I find it odd that they would pick exactly 1 card from an entire duel of new fluffal/frightfurs, from the most recent chapter where may not even have its full effects revealed (since text on that pic is clearly way more then "deal 1K on kill")

as you know, the cards in this set are grouped by source, then by Character
so while it isn't exactly unprecedented, I'm saying I find it extremely unlikely they gave ARC V Sora 1 slot since it was done exactly twice in the collectors pack series. Ayers Rock sunrise, from a 2 duel character whose deck was already long released, save the Rock, so thats excusable and Doble Passe, where Alexis has more stuff to come still. That said you can make a case that Doble Passe was the only unreleased card in her Season 1 deck so that this is no different Ayers her only other cards would have been few bad 1 off spells and traps whose effects already exist and White Veil. Manga Sora has no such circumstances.

so I'm saying that a pack series that has only once in 3 sets (not counting this one obviously) has made a standalone character slot, making another one (even ignoring there is no room for it under the current method of sorting the packs) is unlikely, thus evidence that this is fake. as its historically MORE likely that they would make the other cards with it, meaning there is a need for more slots that aren't there.

Further, the OCG usually uses the Premium Packs to release this kind of thing (not unprecedented either, Zexal Collector pack (thats Number Hunters to us TCG players) also had some Manga cards in it, 3 and 1 game original support for it (Box of Friends and co. and Number 63). This is consistent with the size of the ARC V Manga slots (5, that is to say very small) so its also more likely that the new Flufals would come in from there, like almost everything else from the Manga thus far

In summation, I am not saying this thing can't be release without the rest of the new cards. I'm saying that through patterns from prior sets that it is very unlikely that they are doing that. and that this is more evidence to my belief that this is fake.

Any Questions?
(yes I put this much thought and research into this kind of thing)
Edit: HOLY FUCK I SPENT 40 MINUTES TYPING THAT

I never said I thought it was real...

Dread Kaiser
27th April 2016, 10:45 PM
I never said I thought it was real...

Just explaining my reasoning on including the lack of the other cards as evidence

Yuuri
29th April 2016, 12:15 PM
Just explaining my reasoning on including the lack of the other cards as evidence

Since it hasn't been confirmed on the official twitter or leaked on Maxut, I would say it's fake. More so because even the artist said it was fake. However, I do not see how the pendulums have anything to do with Daredevil's "reveal," outside of the fact that Fusionist's effect was used to summon it in the manga.

Nevertheless, I would not trust places like DeviantArt for card leaks/confirmation. Chances are, if it's on DeviantArt, it's fake.

Sakuraba
4th May 2016, 05:29 AM
It's an edit. It's really good, but the font for the box is wrong. It's very convincing though. It woulda fooled me.