PDA

View Full Version : Kozmo Tincan Vs. Majespecter Tempest

NowaRulz29
7th May 2016, 09:29 PM
Kozmo Tincan:
During either player's turn: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Level 2 or higher "Kozmo" monster from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Kozmo Tincan" once per turn. Once per turn, during the End Phase: You can pay 500 LP; reveal 3 "Kozmo" cards with different names from your Deck, your opponent randomly picks 1 for you to add to your hand, and you send the rest to the Graveyard.

Majespecter Tempest:
When a monster(s) would be Special Summoned, or a monster effect is activated: Tribute 1 WIND Spellcaster-Type monster; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

So, this situation happened at my locals last night.

I'm using Majespecters, he's using Kozmos.

I attack Tincan with Kyubi, while having a set Tempest. He responds by using Tincan's effect to banish and special summon, I respond by using Tempest by tributing a Raccoon I have out to negate Tincan's effect to special from hand.

He thought that the monster he would be summoning, Sliprider, would still hit the field and get his effect cause he would be destroyed. While I thought since I negated Tincan's effect nothing would happen, and Tincan would just go to the grave instead of being banished.

We talked back and forth a little on why we thought each other was right, but I eventually just went with he was right because he was already starting to yell, and I just didn' want to deal with it anymore. Still think I'm right, but I could be wrong.

I just want to get a straight answer for this in case it happens again.

Dread Kaiser
7th May 2016, 09:31 PM
Tempest negates Tincans effect, not Slipriders summon. Sliperider never hits the field.

Tincan is banished though, that was a cost not an effect.

NowaRulz29
7th May 2016, 09:47 PM
Tempest negates Tincans effect, not Slipriders summon. Sliperider never hits the field.

Tincan is banished though, that was a cost not an effect.

Alright, so basically I was right except on the part of him going to the grave. Thanks!