PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 104 Discussion: Dark Knight Lelouch vs Brittish Anti-Hero and his D

KingJinzo
8th May 2016, 04:56 PM
This episode we have the reunion of Yusho and Yuzu for a brief moment, only to be disrupted by the duel between Lelouch and an unknown Britannian, er, I mean Brittish guy. Not only Kaito is pissed off, even Yuto and the unknown duelist are consumed by hatred. Despite his memetic status, Yuto gives no fucks about egao this episode. Who is he? Kurosaki?

The unknown Brittish guy uses Destiny HERO monsters and has a Fusion Monster that may or maybe not his ace monster. Considering the fact that the unknown guy used to have Shining Phoenix Enforcer as his initial "ace", only for him to turn out he's not, but it's Dreadmaster, but then it turned out his true ace was Dogma all along (not to mentioned that Dogma was replaced by Plasma), Dystopia Guy might be not his actual ace.

This duel is really intense.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/b/bd/DarkRequiemXyzDragon-JP-Anime-AV-NC.png/revision/latest?cb=20160508102751
Yuto actually takes over Yuya's body twice, and it seems that Yuya picked up Yuto's deck from his locker (What?). Yuto does the thing what most protagonist and all rivals do: protect your ace monster, only for it to evolve. He ranks up Black Rebellion into Zero Requiem (I'm kidding, it's Dark Rebellion and Dark Requiem) to use Dark Storm's effect on Dystopia Guy and he even negates Dystopia Guy's destruction effect by reviving Dark Rebellion (that sounds OP; you negate an effect by reviving another monster). When the unknown guy has no chance to avoid the attack with an Action Card, he does the thing what Gongenzaka did. Use a hand trap (although in Gongenzaka's case, it's in the graveyard) to inflict damage to both players and end the duel in DRAW.

Of course, the secret identity of the unknown D-HERO guy is revealed. It's Edo Phoenix. What a shocking plot twist. I never thought that the Destiny HERO guy user who uses English phrases all the time and is voiced by Akira Ishida to be actually the very Brittish Edo Phoenix. And he gives us some clues about Yusho's deck.

Apparently, Yusho uses Entermates and Pendulum Monsters.

By the way, Ruri flashback cameo with her voice. And she was the one who "taught" Yuto about the egao thing... which he just ditched this episode.

The outcome was fine.
Even though Yuto took the majority of Yuya's dueling part, Yuya did defeat Jack, so a DRAW is a logical conclusion. Yuto becomes more and more like Atem than Astral in this arc. There might be a problem in the future regarding Yuri, if Yuri ever gets assimilated by Yuya.

Let's see how many Kurosakis we can get in this series. Kurosaki, Shinji, Yuto, Kaito, Edo... This is odd, since Kurosaki starts to calm down in this arc.

Speakign of Kurosaki, next episode he duels Kaito... and his Ultimate Falcon dies again...

LolsterXD97
8th May 2016, 05:04 PM
I heard Ruri's voice and instantly thought it was the most beautiful one of the Yuzus. Yuto was a dick this episode by borrowing Yuya's body again and again while he was struggling with the news from his father (and basically being an hypocrite while also ditching Ruri's words), but the new cathedral Dark Rebellion was neat.

EmperorShun
8th May 2016, 05:09 PM
Have you seen it? I cant find it anywhere...

Dyson Sphere
8th May 2016, 05:10 PM
hmmm anyone know where i can watch, ive been searching for the raw ep for hours now

LolsterXD97
8th May 2016, 05:15 PM
Episode Link: http://up.b9dm.com/new/108309.html

EmperorShun
8th May 2016, 05:21 PM
Episode Link: http://up.b9dm.com/new/108309.html

Thank you, you are godsend man. Also, is Arc-V always early on this website?

See you in 30 mins.

LolsterXD97
8th May 2016, 05:22 PM

See you in 30 mins.

Since it contains commercials, I suppose it was recorded at the same moment it aired, but I don't really know.

KingJinzo
8th May 2016, 05:33 PM
I watched it on that.
http://ptube.us/video/x498c3j/arc-v-104-08-05-2016/
It was a pain to find fucking raws.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard Ruri's voice and instantly thought it was the most beautiful one of the Yuzus. Yuto was a dick this episode by borrowing Yuya's body again and again while he was struggling with the news from his father (and basically being an hypocrite while also ditching Ruri's words), but the new cathedral Dark Rebellion was neat.

Well, considering that her seiyuu is not a professional seiyuu, she sounds really... unexperienced.

KingJinzo
8th May 2016, 05:37 PM
Since it contains commercials, I suppose it was recorded at the same moment it aired, but I don't really know.

Speaking of commercials...
https://img2.zakaz.ua/20141117.1421346521.ad72436478c_2015-01-15_Evgeniy/20141117.1421346521.SNCPSG10.obj.0.1.jpg.oe.jpg.pf .jpg.1350nowm.jpg.1350x.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5KH9Z383hE

That was unexpected.

yshipster
8th May 2016, 05:44 PM

See you in 30 mins.

They are actually pretty late this time (no offense), normaly a first raw version is up aroung 6 hours earlier already (which is about two hours after the episode airs, if I'm right)

Dyson Sphere
8th May 2016, 05:51 PM
hmm so summon dogma, attack with dogma for some damage, use dogmas lp halving eff then go into dystopiaguy and burn for 3400, and if its not game just go into gagaga cowboy or something

yshipster
8th May 2016, 05:55 PM
hmm so summon dogma, attack with dogma for some damage, use dogmas lp halving eff then go into dystopiaguy and burn for 3400, and if its not game just go into gagaga cowboy or something

Only problem: Summon Dogma (Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 monsters, including at least 1 "Destiny HERO" monster, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.)

Dyson Sphere
8th May 2016, 05:57 PM
Only problem: Summon Dogma (Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 monsters, including at least 1 "Destiny HERO" monster, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.)

ehh ill just do the same thing i used to do, when i played d heros i teched in scapegoat for dogma and plasma

EmperorShun
8th May 2016, 06:02 PM
Well I liked the episode. They try to bring the Zexal feeling with Yuto arent they? Well it works for me. So now that Yuya has Yutos deck, can Yuto come back now pls? No? Well, hopefully Yuya merges both decks, so we get more then just the Rank up (which is great btw). Yuzu cries again and Edo shows off, what he can do. Tho he needs to have atleast 2 duels (maybe a 2 ep duel), so we can put the D in Destiny Soldiers :cool:

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
8th May 2016, 06:39 PM
Can we talk about about this moment from the preview. Because I literally exclaimed "WHAT" and started laughing out loud.
http://i.imgur.com/ZDGPML5.gif

ScionStorm
8th May 2016, 07:01 PM
ehh ill just do the same thing i used to do, when i played d heros i teched in scapegoat for dogma and plasma

Or D3 (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/D3) can just come out in SP Destiny Soldiers along with the missing Celestial and Dark Angel(that angel in the black speedo).

Destiny91
8th May 2016, 07:08 PM
So talking about the dragons...

Almost all of the Yugioh fandom thought (up till now) that, since we have Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, Dark Rebellion would keep the "Rebellion" part of it's name when upgrading. But i wasn't the case.

That means we can hope for Odd-Eyes Clear Dragon which (in my opinion) sounds better than Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon.

ScionStorm
8th May 2016, 07:17 PM
Anyway, so Yuto is becoming like the Manga for Yuya now. I hope that means we get more PK cards and especially some R3NK PKs... and I guess R4NK by way of the new RUM. Or all the R3NK can simply go into DRXD I guess.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
8th May 2016, 07:48 PM
RUM Phantom Knights Launch is seriously going to get nerfed, hard, because holy shit. It'll probably get restricted to DARK monsters.

Dark Requiem is fucking pretty.

I really hope Ruri's imprisonment within Academia turns her into a vengeful and bitter soul.

Yuto went fucking hard. I really hope he pulls a full takeover of Yuya at some point.

EmperorShun
8th May 2016, 09:04 PM
Can we talk about about this moment from the preview. Because I literally exclaimed "WHAT" and started laughing out loud.
http://i.imgur.com/ZDGPML5.gif

We can.

Cipher is Love. Cipher is Life. Not even Towers can destroy it.

Just kidding. I think Shun got fucked by Cipher Interfere. The real question is: Did Kaito steal a RR and then used a card to prevent it from going back to its owner in the end phase, or did he summoned him twice with Double Cipher? Also I think Shun knew what he did. He didnt give a fuck when Ultimate got destroyed...

Also Shun wont lose, simply because the preview would have spoiled it and we would now assume that Shun has lost. So either he will win, or it will end in a draw. Or Kaito does the Yuri-Bye-Bye again.

KingJinzo
8th May 2016, 09:27 PM
We can.

Just kidding. I think Kurosaki got fucked by Cipher Interfere. The real question is: Did Kaito steal a RR and then used a card to prevent it from going back to its owner in the end phase, or did he summoned him twice with Double Cipher? Also I think Kurosaki knew what he did. He didnt give a fuck when Ultimate got destroyed...

Also Kurosaki won't lose, simply because the preview would have spoiled it and we would now assume that Kurosaki has lost. So either he will win, or it will end in a draw. Or Kaito does the Yuri-Bye-Bye again.
[/spoiler]

Just because the footage of Kurosaki's calm face happens after Ultimate Falcon's demise in the preview is automatically the very next footage in the actual episode. So don't assume Kurosaki gives no fuck because of the footage.

ScionStorm
8th May 2016, 09:29 PM
Just because the footage of Kurosaki's calm face happens after Ultimate Falcon's demise in the preview is automatically the very next footage in the actual episode. So don't assume Kurosaki gives no fuck because of the footage.

Right. He could have just come back from a botox injection.

yshipster
8th May 2016, 09:39 PM
We can.

Just kidding. I think Shun got fucked by Cipher Interfere. The real question is: Did Kaito steal a RR and then used a card to prevent it from going back to its owner in the end phase, or did he summoned him twice with Double Cipher? Also I think Shun knew what he did. He didnt give a fuck when Ultimate got destroyed...

Also Shun wont lose, simply because the preview would have spoiled it and we would now assume that Shun has lost. So either he will win, or it will end in a draw. Or Kaito does the Yuri-Bye-Bye again.

The gif misses that Shun attacks Kaito with Ultimate Falcon, so he most likely negated the effects of all face-up cards Kaito controlled, including Cipher Interfere (if it was on the field). So Kaito uses definitely a Trap for this.

And Shun might stay calm because he dueled Kaito multiple times before the Academia invasion, so he probably expected what happened.

Also Shun will lose most likely, since Kaito was introduced as superior rival of Shun, who would have been Heartlands new champ.

King
8th May 2016, 09:42 PM
I watched it on that.
http://ptube.us/video/x498c3j/arc-v-104-08-05-2016/
It was a pain to find fucking raws.

I don't watch the Raws, but its too easy to find.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
8th May 2016, 10:09 PM
We can.

Looks like Kaito activated a trap card, based on his hand movement between Ultimate Falcon's attack and cutting to Cipher Dragon tailslapping the shit out of Final Glorious Pride. Or they could have just stylized Cipher Interfere for shits and/or giggles. Could be that he seemed unfazed just because he expected Kaito to have answers to his plays. I'm thinking either draw or Kaito quitting.

KingJinzo
8th May 2016, 10:56 PM
I hope, when the subs come out, that nobody gets confused and think that Yusho is Yuzu's uncle just because she said "Oji-san". He is not her uncle.

"Oji-san literally means Uncle in Japanese.

Can also be used as a slightly impolite way to address a middle aged man, similar to the English 'Mister'. "

KingJinzo
8th May 2016, 11:16 PM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/1/1e/Lulu_with_Yuto_and_Shay.png
RURI!

ScionStorm
8th May 2016, 11:24 PM
http://65.media.tumblr.com/ff67cd8d6be703fb16368eae5e7cb52a/tumblr_o6v99zUJfz1ugcng9o1_1280.jpg
RURI!

https://dncache-mauganscorp.netdna-ssl.com/thumbseg/822/822096-bigthumbnail.jpg
Yuto, Ruri and Shun.

Yuto- The Phantom Knight
Shun- Raid Robin

SynjoDeonecros
9th May 2016, 01:01 AM
So, does this seem to confirm the belief that the schtick for the Rebellion is Rank-Up Xyz? Because so far, the only two Resistance duelists we know of - Shay and Yuto - use it to bring out their stronger monsters.

Also, Yusho plays Pendulums? Huh? When did this happen? You'd think, if they were a thing before they appeared in Yuya's deck, people in Standard would remember them, especially when played by such a famous and influential duelist as Yusho was...

EmperorShun
9th May 2016, 10:11 AM

Did they ever spoil the outcome of a duel? I dont remember that, but if you do, please refresh my mind... Also were are Yuyas DuelSkates? Is there more to this arc then we think?

So, does this seem to confirm the belief that the schtick for the Rebellion is Rank-Up Xyz? Because so far, the only two Resistance duelists we know of - Shay and Yuto - use it to bring out their stronger monsters.

Also, Yusho plays Pendulums? Huh? When did this happen? You'd think, if they were a thing before they appeared in Yuya's deck, people in Standard would remember them, especially when played by such a famous and influential duelist as Yusho was...

I guess he got pendulum when he was in xyz/fusion or he never used it in the public, knowing if he did, Reiji would massproduce it. Also I want Yuya + Yusho tag duel.

KingJinzo
9th May 2016, 10:22 AM
Did they ever spoil the outcome of a duel? I dont remember that, but if you do, please refresh my mind...
Barrett. Just Barrett.

Eternalight
9th May 2016, 11:07 AM
That battle between the D-hero user and Yuya is so freaking random IMO. It seems that the plot is kinda rushed?

Nice, Yuto. Just possess Yuya's to the full extend ! I'm pretty sure people want to see more new Phantom Knights instead of more Performapal (it's already too much IMO). So, is it Yusho or Yuya who used pendulum for the first time? From what Ed said, Yusho also uses performapals? I thought that he'll use a different archetype, Performaster / Entermaster or something like that.

KingJinzo
9th May 2016, 11:40 AM
That battle between the D-hero user and Yuya is so freaking random IMO. It seems that the plot is kinda rushed?
Nice, Yuto. Just possess Yuya's to the full extend ! I'm pretty sure people want to see more new Phantom Knights instead of more Performapal (it's already too much IMO). So, is it Yusho or Yuya who used pendulum for the first time? From what Ed said, Yusho also uses performapals? I thought that he'll use a different archetype, Performaster / Entermaster or something like that.

Not really random. Edo has a grudge on Yusho. So, it's actually destined that he has to fight Yusho's son. And I don't think the plot is rushed. We're in a warzone. This is not the "peaceful" City.

The problem with Yuto is, even though his moves were cool, he's consumed with hatred. He doesn't need to be edgier than he already is, and we already have enough people consumed by hatred. Now there are four of them running at Heartland. Yuto becomes more like Kurosaki and Kaito, despite Yuto was more of a pacifist at the beginning, turning him slowly into a hypocrite. What Yuya needs is more control of his body and spirit or otherwise it will bite them both in the ass.

Furthermore, even though people hated the moment Yuzu seperated Yu4, I think it was the best solution to prevent a catastrophe. Seriously, the whole sky was messed up by their presence. If all four had become one, I'm sure the entire City would be destroyed, as implied in episode 87. And that wasn't the goal of the Lancers.

Eternalight
9th May 2016, 12:00 PM
Not really random. Edo has a grudge on Yusho. So, it's actually destined that he has to fight Yusho's son.

The problem with Yuto is, even though his moves were cool, he's consumed with hatred. He doesn't need to be edgier than he already is, and we already have enough people consumed by hatred. Now there are four of them running at Heartland. Yuto becomes more like Kurosaki and Kaito, despite Yuto was more of a pacifist at the beginning, turning him slowly into a hypocrite. What Yuya needs is more control of his body and spirit or otherwise it will bite them both in the ass.

Furthermore, even though people hated the moment Yuzu seperated Yu4, I think it was the best solution to prevent a catastrophe. Seriously, the whole sky was messed up by their presence. If all four had become one, I'm sure the entire City would be destroyed, as implied in episode 87. And that wasn't the goal of the Lancers.

Well, I think that it should have some kind of "build-up" to that point. In this episode, they just randomly met and dueled just like that.

I want Yuto to possess Yuya just for the sake of seeing more Phantom Knights in action, not for the plot. ;)

I still wonder if the bracelets of the 4 Yuzus have different uses.

KingJinzo
9th May 2016, 12:04 PM
Well, I think that it should have some kind of "build-up" to that point. In this episode, they just randomly met and dueled just like that.

I want Yuto to possess Yuya just for the sake of seeing more Phantom Knights in action, not for the plot. ;)

I still wonder if the bracelets of the 4 Yuzus have different uses.

I don't think it needed a build-up. Both of them are looking for the same person at the same place. So both of them running into each other is destiny.

Yuya seemed to pick up Yuto's deck (why is it in a locker, anyway?), so Yuya might use Phantom Knights in the future, even though it doesn't fit his playing style or his deck. Or we get a flashback arc.

Eternalight
9th May 2016, 12:58 PM
I don't think it needed a build-up. Both of them are looking for the same person at the same place. So both of them running into each other is destiny.

Yuya seemed to pick up Yuto's deck (why is it in a locker, anyway?), so Yuya might use Phantom Knights in the future, even though it doesn't fit his playing style or his deck. Or we get a flashback arc.

I'm not saying that it has to be a "heavy build-up", at the very least, they can put him as a 8 seconds (minimum) cameo in 1 or 2 episodes ago as a foreshadowing of this duel. Something like "A hooded-mysterious man walks around in the ruined Heartland while holding a torn up Smile World card" scene. Probably it will take like... 10 seconds.

I see. Well then, as you said, he might use that deck in the future.

EmperorShun
9th May 2016, 02:14 PM
Barrett. Just Barrett.

Ahhh, good you won that one. Stun decks look like toys in comparison to his shit.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
9th May 2016, 03:16 PM

Well, he could have had well over 40 Phantom Knights related cards, and merely kept them somewhere relatively convenient in case he decided to switch up his build.

And to be fair, Yuto should be at wit's end. It's hard to keep up his attitude when a war is going on, especially when your best friends are suffering deeply.

Charly Ruri Raptors
9th May 2016, 05:12 PM
"He ranks up Black Rebellion into Zero Requiem ", lolz this is priceless

KingJinzo
9th May 2016, 05:13 PM
Well, he could have had well over 40 Phantom Knights related cards, and merely kept them somewhere relatively convenient in case he decided to switch up his build.

And to be fair, Yuto should be at wit's end. It's hard to keep up his attitude when a war is going on, especially when your best friends are suffering deeply.

While Yuto's reaction and development makes sense, you don't gain world piece by destroying your enemy with the same manner as they destroy your homeland.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
9th May 2016, 11:02 PM
While Yuto's reaction and development makes sense, you don't gain world piece by destroying your enemy with the same manner as they destroy your homeland.

No, you don't, but when your enemies refuse to listen to reason, you have to eliminate the belligerents. I don't think Yuto ever had the intent of wiping out the entire Fusion Dimension, only breaking down Academia's forces until they no longer pose a threat. That's entirely reasonable. The alternative is cutting off the head of the chain of command and hoping the underlings surrender instead of scrambling to reclaim the power vacuum.

Besides, Edo was a threat anyways; he needed to be defeated.

KingJinzo
9th May 2016, 11:51 PM
No, you don't, but when your enemies refuse to listen to reason, you have to eliminate the belligerents. I don't think Yuto ever had the intent of wiping out the entire Fusion Dimension, only breaking down Academia's forces until they no longer pose a threat. That's entirely reasonable. The alternative is cutting off the head of the chain of command and hoping the underlings surrender instead of scrambling to reclaim the power vacuum.

Besides, Edo was a threat anyways; he needed to be defeated.

And what we get (aside from Dark Requiem)? Yuya lost the chance to get some info of his missing father. We viewers will get the exposition in the near future anyway, but Yuya won't.

LolsterXD97
9th May 2016, 11:58 PM
And what we get (aside from Dark Requiem)? Yuya lost the chance to get some info of his missing father. We viewers will get the exposition in the near future anyway, but Yuya won't.

It isn't like Edo was going to give him info anyway.

Zarkiel
10th May 2016, 02:43 AM
So sub was out. Really neat to see Yuto with Ruri and Shun in the picture. New destiny heroes are kind of lack luster though. I was kind of hoping he would just spam fusions like elemental heroes did in GX, but there's still time I guess.

Also, don't know if this was just a sub error or not, but when Yuzu see's Yusho, she scream's "Uncle". Was there any past indication that Yuzu and Yuya were cousins, or is it just like she thinks of him like an uncle.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th May 2016, 02:53 AM
"Uncle" is a pretty common term of respect for close elders.

Zarkiel
10th May 2016, 03:02 AM

That's what I figured, but it made me do a double take and check on the wiki to be sure.

ScionStorm
10th May 2016, 04:20 AM

And he would be given her father helped found the duel school with Yusho in Standard Dimension. The families seem really close. So Yuzu is probably the earliest childhood friend Yuya currently has.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th May 2016, 05:47 AM

Chances are, the only way Yuya would have been able to get information out of Edo would be to torture it out of him-- which would be contingent on defeating him in a duel in the first place, and capturing him. And if Yuya was holding back, there would be a very good chance Edo would defeat him, and take Yuya hostage. Yuto was right to possess Yuya in order to ensure Yuya's own safety.

cypher32
10th May 2016, 10:25 AM
Overall, a great episode. I feel like the D-hero support was kind of underwhelming, but we'll see. Requiem dragon is a total badass, though the return of non-RR rank-up magic is a little... questionable, maybe? As for Yusho, I am not surprised that he uses performapals as well, what with the recurring trend (remember how Yuma's dad used the gagaga, gogogo, etc. deck as well).

Just thought of something. You know what would have been funny and cute in the episode; if Yuzu slipped up and called him "otou-san" (father), and Yusho's reaction was, you know, like he was okay with that, or a totally normal reaction, cause like everyone else but Yuya in the series, they all know that Yuzu likes him, so you know, rom-com fun! Hahahaha........
I'll stop now.

Chances are, the only way Yuya would have been able to get information out of Edo would be to torture it out of him-- which would be contingent on defeating him in a duel in the first place, and capturing him. And if Yuya was holding back, there would be a very good chance Edo would defeat him, and take Yuya hostage. Yuto was right to possess Yuya in order to ensure Yuya's own safety.

Well, you can look at it that way, but from how I saw things, I don't feel like that was Yuto's intentions. I feel like Yuto took over Yuya's body to vent his anger and hate on the high ranking academia duelist, aka, Edo Phoenix.

KingJinzo
10th May 2016, 10:51 AM
Also, don't know if this was just a sub error or not, but when Yuzu see's Yusho, she scream's "Uncle". Was there any past indication that Yuzu and Yuya were cousins, or is it just like she thinks of him like an uncle.

As I've posted earlier:

I hope, when the subs come out, that nobody gets confused and think that Yusho is Yuzu's uncle just because she said "Oji-san". He is not her uncle.

"Oji-san literally means Uncle in Japanese.

Can also be used as a slightly impolite way to address a middle aged man, similar to the English 'Mister'. "

yshipster
10th May 2016, 05:37 PM
Don't forget that Yuya is on again with different monsters which have the same effect: Performapals Friendonkey (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Performapal_Friendonkey) and Allcover Hippo (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Performapal_Allcover_Hippo). I would not have a problem with a wide variety of Performapals, but I really don't understand why Konamy gives us so many monsters with basical the same effects. (Don't forget we also got Performapal Uni (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Performapal_Uni) from the manga...)
Seriously, that just costs space in the Booster Packs other cards would have deserved...

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th May 2016, 07:22 PM
Well, you can look at it that way, but from how I saw things, I don't feel like that was Yuto's intentions. I feel like Yuto took over Yuya's body to vent his anger and hate on the high ranking academia duelist, aka, Edo Phoenix.
Could have been both. Regardless, his choice of actions was the pragmatic thing to do.

KingJinzo
10th May 2016, 07:28 PM
I'm certain that Yuya and Yuto's bond is going to be tested.

ScionStorm
10th May 2016, 07:34 PM
Even Atem has gone a little Berserker Soul before. Give the dead guy a break.

KingJinzo
10th May 2016, 07:45 PM
Even Atem has gone a little Berserker Soul before. Give the dead guy a break.

Yugi's influence softened Atem. It has been proven several times that being too violent and edgy was a major flaw of Atem. Without Yugi, he lost his balance, and considering he was angry because Haga trolled him about Yugi's whereabouts, he had more reason to be angry.

Yuya is always the guy with the voice of reason. Eliminating your enemy doesn't make you automatically better than your enemy unless it's an emergency that justifies your act. Yuya has proven that bringing two parties peacefully together is makes everyone happy than a rebellion. While this case here is a war and much more difficult to deal with, it is not impossible since it's Yu-Gi-Oh!.

And I admit that I really like Yuya's dark side, but it heavily conflicts with Yuya's personality. The ideal solution would be if Yuya could control his dark power like Judai in season 3-4 without being too egdy.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th May 2016, 08:20 PM
Yugi's influenced softened Atem. It has been proven several times that being too violent and edgy was a major flaw of Atem. Without Yugi, he lost his balance, and considering he was angry because Haga trolled him about Yugi's whereabouts, he had more reason to be angry.

Yuya is always the guy with the voice of reason. Eliminating your enemy doesn't make you automatically better than your enemy unless it's an emergency that justifies your act. Yuya has proven that bringing two parties peacefully together is makes everyone happy than a rebellion. While this case here is a war and much more difficult to deal with, it is not impossible since it's Yu-Gi-Oh!.

And I admit that I really like Yuya's dark side, but it heavily conflicts with Yuya's personality. The ideal solution would be if Yuya could control his dark power like Judai in season 3-4 without being too egdy.
Except the "voice of reason" has demonstrated itself to be childlishly naive at times. The resolution of the Synchro arc was completely and utterly stupid. Card games don't solve outrageous wealth distributions, socioeconomic oppression, police brutality, and classism. It proved that the residents of the Shitty are utter idiots, because their entire mindset is "you play card games good therefore you know what's best." The Executive Council is basically "fuck it, we're out, go ahead and anarchy." Jack himself could have reestablished society, but he was content to sit on his ass until another duelist came along that could actually match his strength because he was too bored to do such a thing.

And Yuya himself acknowledged that sometimes, egao simply doesn't work. It didn't work on Kaito. It won't work on Edo, and most certainly not Leo Akaba either. It didn't work on Shun; he only gained respect for Yuya after he demonstrated his resolve to oppose Academia. That's what Shun respects, not the ideal of egao (at least not for his enemies). It only worked on Sora because he was lonely and wanted friends. It only worked on Serena because she had enough of a heart to recognize that Academia was doing something dishonorable by carding unarmed civilians.

Peaceful resolution works when both parties are willing to compromise. In this case, it's literally a matter of genocide. You cannot reason with someone hellbent on your extermination; your only choice is to fight back in full force until they cannot harm you.

cypher32
10th May 2016, 08:45 PM
Except the "voice of reason" has demonstrated itself to be childlishly naive at times. The resolution of the Synchro arc was completely and utterly stupid. Card games don't solve outrageous wealth distributions, socioeconomic oppression, police brutality, and classism. It proved that the residents of the Shitty are utter idiots, because their entire mindset is "you play card games good therefore you know what's best." The Executive Council is basically "fuck it, we're out, go ahead and anarchy." Jack himself could have reestablished society, but he was content to sit on his ass until another duelist came along that could actually match his strength because he was too bored to do such a thing.

And Yuya himself acknowledged that sometimes, egao simply doesn't work. It didn't work on Kaito. It won't work on Edo, and most certainly not Leo Akaba either. It didn't work on Shun; he only gained respect for Yuya after he demonstrated his resolve to oppose Academia. That's what Shun respects, not the ideal of egao (at least not for his enemies). It only worked on Sora because he was lonely and wanted friends. It only worked on Serena because she had enough of a heart to recognize that Academia was doing something dishonorable by carding unarmed civilians.

Peaceful resolution works when both parties are willing to compromise. In this case, it's literally a matter of genocide. You cannot reason with someone hellbent on your extermination; your only choice is to fight back in full force until they cannot harm you.

Woah, slow down, man. Easy, just take a deep breath...

Okay, now that we're calm, let me make a point. Firstly, you're absolutely right. Your point is valid, but you're forgetting what this show is about, and who the target audience is. This show is mainly for kids and young teens/teens in general, kids probably too young to understand the problems of the world, and society as a whole. And lets face it; sometimes kids love utter bullshit. I mean (and forgive me if I offend anybody), look at Spongebob. 90% of the stuff that happens there is utter bullshit, yet kids and young teens love it, despite it making no sense. Now, I know that yugioh is much darker then that happy, comedy stuff, but the fact that problems can be solved by card games are what yugioh is about, in a manner of speaking, and I know that other yugioh series, like Dm and GX handled it better, but hey...

In short, while thats not how life works, the target audience will beg to differ, simply because they're too young, stupid or ignorant to know better. Thats how TV works, my friend...

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
10th May 2016, 09:38 PM

Okay, now that we're calm, let me make a point. Firstly, you're absolutely right. Your point is valid, but you're forgetting what this show is about, and who the target audience is. This show is mainly for kids and young teens/teens in general, kids probably too young to understand the problems of the world, and society as a whole. And lets face it; sometimes kids love utter bullshit. I mean (and forgive me if I offend anybody), look at Spongebob. 90% of the stuff that happens there is utter bullshit, yet kids and young teens love it, despite it making no sense. Now, I know that yugioh is much darker then that happy, comedy stuff, but the fact that problems can be solved by card games are what yugioh is about, in a manner of speaking, and I know that other yugioh series, like Dm and GX handled it better, but hey...

In short, while thats not how life works, the target audience will beg to differ, simply because they're too young, stupid or ignorant to know better. Thats how TV works, my friend...
I am calm; I'm simply making a point. No need to be patronizing.

Technically speaking, the shounen target audience is age 10-18. That's inclusive of people old enough to understand "heavy" themes. Even if the show tends to appeal to the younger amongst that demographic, it's still actively attempting to address realistic themes... and specifically in reference to the Synchro arc, failing miserably in terms of execution. They'd almost be better off avoiding realistic implications if they're going to handle them unrealistically; sticking to magic and aliens and gods at least makes more sense in terms of internal consistency. Plot wise, the Synchro Arc was pretty bad because it was half-assed filler trying to be realistic. It was handled worse than 5Ds because they magnified the division between the Tops and Commons, and ultimately failed to address that in the end in any meaningful way.

ScionStorm
10th May 2016, 10:39 PM

You do realize the target demographic for the Japanese anime is older than the one for the dub, right?

KingJinzo
10th May 2016, 11:16 PM

Technically speaking, the shounen target audience is age 10-18. That's inclusive of people old enough to understand "heavy" themes. Even if the show tends to appeal to the younger amongst that demographic, it's still actively attempting to address realistic themes... and specifically in reference to the Synchro arc, failing miserably in terms of execution. They'd almost be better off avoiding realistic implications if they're going to handle them unrealistically; sticking to magic and aliens and gods at least makes more sense in terms of internal consistency. Plot wise, the Synchro Arc was pretty bad because it was half-assed filler trying to be realistic. It was handled worse than 5Ds because they magnified the division between the Tops and Commons, and ultimately failed to address that in the end in any meaningful way.

You forgot that cards control the world. 5D's was a perfect example. If you have trash cards, you are considered trash. Security uses Duel Monsters to oppress the criminals. Everything is based around cards. Not only City, but everything is in ARC-V is about the same game. And most of them don't even see it as a game. The people who dominated City were the rich people. And what did the Tops? They bought the best cards with their money. That's how Tokumatsu lost to them. The Tops controlled City with their money, and with their money they controlled the "meta-game". Those who are on the top of the meta-game have the power to rule over City. Jack didn't care for the battle between Tops and Commons. He didn't discriminate anyone. He treated every opponent as equal, regardless of their origin. He wanted to be the best and to become stronger. What he can actually do with his power is something he doesn't need. The title of King is enough for him to prove his strength. And yes, City's mindset is simple. Follow the words of the strongest duelist. Yuya is the King, he wanted peace and happiness for everyone, he got peace and made them happy. The anarchy problem hasn't been resolved yet, since Yuya is unceremonially cut off of the Synchro Dimension plot to follow another plot.

cypher32
10th May 2016, 11:29 PM

I was not trying to be patronizing; apparently you misunderstood my intentions. Like I said, you made a valid point, and I was trying to explain my point. The main demographic for this show, like I said, is young teen/teen (12-14/15), and are still considered young and immature, where they fail to see the problems of the world, and how they should or could be resolved, like Yuya in the show. I am not trying to force my view on you, nor to tell you how to think, and I apologize if thats how you understood it; you're tone represented someone who was venting his frustrations, and I apologize if I misunderstood. I hoped that you would have a broader view of the situation, and if not, well, to all his own.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize the target demographic for the Japanese anime is older than the one for the dub, right?

Yes, but the MAIN demograhic for the Japanese version of the anime is young teen/teen (12-14/15), like I said. At that age, at least 80% of the people who watch the show are still childish and immature, bringing me back to the point I was making.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
11th May 2016, 12:18 AM
You forgot that cards control the world. 5D's was a perfect example. If you have trash cards, you are considered trash. Security uses Duel Monsters to oppress the criminals. Everything is based around cards. Not only City, but everything is in ARC-V is about the same game. And most of them don't even see it as a game. The people who dominated City were the rich people. And what did the Tops? They bought the best cards with their money. That's how Tokumatsu lost to them. The Tops controlled City with their money, and with their money they controlled the "meta-game". Those who are on the top of the meta-game have the power to rule over City. Jack didn't care for the battle between Tops and Commons. He didn't discriminate anyone. He treated every opponent as equal, regardless of their origin. He wanted to be the best and to become stronger. What he can actually do with his power is something he doesn't need. The title of King is enough for him to prove his strength. And yes, City's mindset is simple. Follow the words of the strongest duelist. Yuya is the King, he wanted peace and happiness for everyone, he got peace and made them happy. The anarchy problem hasn't been resolved yet, since Yuya is unceremonially cut off of the Synchro Dimension plot to follow another plot.
I never forgot that. Also, duelist strength isn't necessarily dependent on wealth. Yugo and Crow are both dirt poor, and yet Speedroids and Black Feathers are viable. Entermates are a middling archetype, yet Yuya is one of the strongest duelists in the show. I doubt Shun is rich, either.

Now, going back to card games controlling the world: it only makes sense when you apply that to where card games can logically have practical consequences. Monsters can inflict real damage? Well then, who need guns and tanks if you can just put a piece of cardboard down and blow up a city block? You can turn people into trading cards en masse? Well, that's as good as killing them, no? You don't even need to worry about ammunition reserves. Now, particularly in the previous series, there were only a few, very powerful, magical duelists who had plans to threaten the world. Because dueling is magical in nature, it works as a counterspell, so that when the enemy is defeated in a duel, their threat is undone. Example: defeating a Dark Signer would return all the souls consumed by the respective Earthbound God. Holding all the Numbers (that is, completing Numbers Hunting via duel) gives access to the Numeron Code, literally allowing you to rewrite the universe. Or, at its most simple, defeating the mastermind would either kill them or otherwise thwart their plans, directly ending their threat to the world. Examples: Zorc, Godwin, Don Thousand.

In that way, card games very well do control the fate of the world. Since it's internally consistent magic, it's fine. But you cannot challenge the concept of societally enforced discrimination, or mass starvation and poverty to a children's card game. The notion that, "holy shit, a card game is going on, let's forget about all of the very real problems that literally threaten our livelihoods on a daily basis to watch holographic dragons punch each other" is fucking stupid. Especially since they introduced the notion that many people thought of Jack as a traitor to the Commons. "Traitor" isn't exactly accurate, but in practice, he's just another Top even if he doesn't discriminate; he doesn't give a flying fuck about the Commons' plight since it doesn't affect him. On top of that, Jack judges people's worth based on their ability as a duelist... which is eerily close to Academia's own justification-- "if they aren't powerful enough to defend themselves, they deserve to be crushed."

I was not trying to be patronizing; apparently you misunderstood my intentions. Like I said, you made a valid point, and I was trying to explain my point. The main demographic for this show, like I said, is young teen/teen (12-14/15), and are still considered young and immature, where they fail to see the problems of the world, and how they should or could be resolved, like Yuya in the show. I am not trying to force my view on you, nor to tell you how to think, and I apologize if thats how you understood it; you're tone represented someone who was venting his frustrations, and I apologize if I misunderstood. I hoped that you would have a broader view of the situation, and if not, well, to all his own.

I understand your point, but that doesn't change the fact that they are committing a serious mishandling in terms of writing direction. Like I said, why introduce realistic issues and initially develop them realistically, only to turn around and resolve them in a ridiculous manner at the very end?

KingKaash
12th May 2016, 01:26 AM
So I watched the episode and I don't see anything wrong with Yuto's thinking and actions of taking over Yuya. I think he's right that in order to bring smiles, you have to eliminate those that prevent it. And I can't fault him for acting like a human and being consumed by the hatred after seeing the sight of his barren, annihilated homeland. Yuya needs Yuto's edge and the power of the darkness inside of him to honestly take down those who oppose this ideal of egao. Of course the counter is that destroying your enemies doesn't make you any better than them. But not eliminating them will cause further harm and destruction. So I'm hoping for more Yuto takeovers.

And I'm so glad the new Rank-Up card actually attaches itself to the newly summoned Xyz monster. Finally! Let's see if that effect is kept

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
12th May 2016, 01:53 AM
I'll go even further:

Say an Academia duelist cards 10 people. A Resistance duelist defeats them, but then lets them live because "carding people is wrong" "we shouldn't stoop as low as our enemies" etc. Said Academia duelist comes back and cards another 10 people. What then? It would have been better if they were eliminated before they could inflict harm. That's war. And war is what is going on. You must kill in war until your enemies yield, else it will only drag on, and more will die. Kaito and Shun have every right to card Academia duelists. Sure, Shun was in the wrong carding LDS students, but he thought they were members of Academia. And obviously Kaito is wrong for attempting to card the Lancers. But any duelist who mercilessly, knowingly, and deliberately attacks civilians? Fair game; eliminate the bitch once and for all.

SynjoDeonecros
12th May 2016, 02:04 AM
Ah, the old argument of "Why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker". It's something that will never be fully satisfied on either end, I'm afraid.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
12th May 2016, 02:26 AM
Ah, the old argument of "Why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker". It's something that will never be fully satisfied on either end, I'm afraid.
Because Batman is complexed to high hell and back and can't handle that kind of stress due to his unhealthy mindset.

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
12th May 2016, 02:28 AM
looool seems like no one here cares about Edo Phoenix, finally new cards for the d-hero archetype and everyone talking about yuya again and the preview (galaxy and RR).............
So disappointed about that, i wanted read comments packed with hype about the D-heros......

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
12th May 2016, 02:32 AM
looool seems like no one here cares about Edo Phoenix, finally new cards for the d-hero archetype and everyone talking about yuya again and the preview (galaxy and RR).............
So disappointed about that, i wanted read comments packed with hype about the D-heros......
I haven't watched GX so I don't have much hype over Ds that aren't D-ragons. Never cared much for HEROes anyways.

SynjoDeonecros
12th May 2016, 02:38 AM
Eh, the D-Heroes always seemed like a mishmash of conflicting and disjointed strategies, to me, and the new support doesn't change that.

LolsterXD97
12th May 2016, 02:42 AM
They had a time gimmick (like Devilguy sending the monster two turns into the future). But sadly no one of the new ones follow that gimmick (Dystopiaguy's artwork is gorgerous btw).

SynjoDeonecros
12th May 2016, 03:03 AM
Not really? I mean, Doom Guy, Diamond Dude, and Clock Tower Prison/Dreadmaster kinda fit that theme, but I don't recall the others doing so.

LolsterXD97
12th May 2016, 03:07 AM
Fear Monger (SP effect after being destroyed in the past), Double Dude (SP effect after being destroyed in the past) and Captain Tenacious (reviving a destroyed D -HERO during next SP) also followed that gimmick. Departed too.

SynjoDeonecros
12th May 2016, 03:10 AM
Eh, I guess, after being in the game for so long, I've kinda been spoiled with decks with a coherent strategy to them, which D-Heroes kinda lack.

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
12th May 2016, 05:07 AM
Fear Monger (SP effect after being destroyed in the past), Double Dude (SP effect after being destroyed in the past) and Captain Tenacious (reviving a destroyed D -HERO during next SP) also followed that gimmick. Departed too.

Exactly !!!

They had a time gimmick (like Devilguy sending the monster two turns into the future). But sadly no one of the new ones follow that gimmick (Dystopiaguy's artwork is gorgerous btw).

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/6/64/DestinyHERODystopiaguy-JP-Anime-AV.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/200?cb=20160508091713

You can bet that.

Eh, the D-Heroes always seemed like a mishmash of conflicting and disjointed strategies, to me, and the new support doesn't change that.

I know right? And I LOVE that mishmash despite all those problem of the archetype carried. The new support yes does not chage that YET, but who cares? Are D-Heros !!! Seems like the people see archetypes in two ways, is meta or trash.

I haven't watched GX so I don't have much hype over Ds that aren't D-ragons. Never cared much for HEROes anyways.

The problem with the heros is... Just Elemental and maskes receive love for Konami, but come on are a lot of heroes, my favorites are the D-Heros followed for Vision Hero and Evil Heros a few stairs more bellow.

KingJinzo
12th May 2016, 02:30 PM

Well, talking about the main character is normal.

Anyway, like I said before, I hope that Dystopiaguy is not Edo's ace monster. His effect was basically designed to pit against Dark Rebellion and to show off all of Dark Requiem's effects, like he's the jobber. Considering that he only got one turn to play, I hope it's just a guy in his Extra Deck. Edo got not the chance to show all of his skills, and the fact he ended the duel in a DRAW during the fifth turn is kind of impressive. (I personally don't like Dystopiaguy's design because he looks too much like an Elemental HERO and a Masked HERO.)

If we look at the signature cards of the other crossover characters, they all got stronger aces.
Scarlight's effect is more useful than the original Red Daemon's.
Raikiri's effect is better than Silverwind.
Vishnu is more offensive and more powerful than Dakini.

Dystopiaguy is worse than Plasma. And I hope he gets either a better version of Plasma or even plays Plasma.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
12th May 2016, 04:44 PM
Maybe we'll have a D-HERO Despotguy?

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
12th May 2016, 05:28 PM
Well, talking about the main character is normal.

Anyway, like I said before, I hope that Dystopiaguy is not Edo's ace monster. It's effect was basically designed to pit against Dark Rebellion and to show off all of Dark Requiem's effects, like he's the jobber. Considering that he only got one turn to play, I hope it's just a guy in his Extra Deck. Edo got not the chance to show all of his skills, and the fact he ended the duel in a DRAW during the third turn is kind of impressive. (I personally don't like Dystopiaguy's design because he looks too much like an Elemental HERO and a Masked HERO.)

If we look at the signature cards of the other crossover characters, they all got stronger ace.
Scarlight's effect is more useful than the original Red Daemon's.
Raikiri's effect is better than Silverwind.
Vishnu is more offensive and more powerful than Dakini.

Dystopiaguy is worse than Plasma. And I hope he gets either a better version of Plasma or even plays Plasma.

It's normal, but when after houndred of chapters we see Edo again... No ! I mean, not even a comment.

Me to, DystopiaGuy sounds like a really random fusion, since he just only requite two d-heros (anyone) probably is the weakest in his extra deck. YES that's right, in the anime he looks so shiny, like an elemental hero, but in the card... He seems darker as a D-Hero.

KingJinzo
12th May 2016, 06:39 PM
Me to, DystopiaGuy sounds like a really random fusion, since he just only requite two d-heros (anyone) probably is the weakest in his extra deck. YES that's right, in the anime he looks so shiny, like an elemental hero, but in the card... He seems darker as a D-Hero.

I'm afraid that Edo and Kaito might fall into the same category as Jack. Jack got only three duels and he barely played new monsters. He played like about five new monsters, maybe a bit more. Kaito played only two monsters so far in two duels, maybe he plays new ones in the next episode, so there might be more hope. Jack and Kaito use decks that heavily rely on their ace monster. Since Edo uses Destiny HEROes, he should have a deck with more variety. For a single episode, introducing three monsters is fine. It's still the same number as Jack and more Kaito during their first duels. But the problem is how many times can Edo and Kaito duel during this arc. Edo is given a high-position, so I doubt he will duel that much. I hope Edo gets a lot of monsters like Crow and Reiji, who both dueled only four times, but used like 20 different monsters or something.

Baroque
14th May 2016, 04:51 AM
Anyway, like I said before, I hope that Dystopiaguy is not Edo's ace monster. His effect was basically designed to pit against Dark Rebellion and to show off all of Dark Requiem's effects, like he's the jobber.
I'm suddenly reminded of Blood Mefist. Yuto, please don't become the Crow Hogan of Arc-V. Even Crow Hogan failed to become the Crow Hogan of Arc-V, please don't jump in and fill that accursed void.

ScionStorm
14th May 2016, 05:30 AM
I'm afraid that Edo and Kaito might fall into the same category as Jack. Jack got only three duels and he barely played new monsters. He played like about five new monsters, maybe a bit more. Kaito played only two monsters so far in two duels, maybe he plays new ones in the next episode, so there might be more hope. Jack and Kaito use decks that heavily rely on their ace monster. Since Edo uses Destiny HEROes, he should have a deck with more variety. For a single episode, introducing three monsters is fine. It's still the same number as Jack and more Kaito during their first duels. But the problem is how many times can Edo and Kaito duel during this arc. Edo is given a high-position, so I doubt he will duel that much. I hope Edo gets a lot of monsters like Crow and Reiji, who both dueled only four times, but used like 20 different monsters or something.

Ra, can we not have another Crow in this show.

Jack did get 3 new Synchro monsters. Red Wyvern, his RDA alternate and it's upgrade. Maybe this is like his Red Wyvern and we later get a Destiny HERO alternate of Destiny End Dragoon and a Shadow upgrade like his olde Phoenix Enforcer/Shining Phoenix Enforcer.

I'm suddenly reminded of Blood Mefist. Yuto, please don't become the Crow Hogan of Arc-V. Even Crow Hogan failed to become the Crow Hogan of Arc-V, please don't jump in and fill that accursed void.

Yuto is the Batman of Arc-V. The Phantom Knight Rises.

Also, Shun is Raid Robin. Okay, I guess he can be Nightwing at this point.

KingJinzo
14th May 2016, 04:17 PM
Jack did get 3 new Synchro monsters. Red Wyvern, his RDA alternate and it's upgrade.

Yeah, only three. In three duels. Crow summoned four new ones in his first full on-screen duel. Yes, I know it's Jack, but still.

LolsterXD97
14th May 2016, 04:19 PM
Yeah, only three. In three duels. Crow summoned four new ones in his first full on-screen duel. Yes, I know it's Jack, but still.

And Crow managed to pull 9 fucking Synchro Monsters in all his Duels while Jack only pulled 3.

KingJinzo
14th May 2016, 07:41 PM
And Crow managed to pull 9 different fucking Synchro Monsters in all his Duels while Jack only pulled 3.

I know, right?

KingKaash
14th May 2016, 07:51 PM
I'll go even further:

Say an Academia duelist cards 10 people. A Resistance duelist defeats them, but then lets them live because "carding people is wrong" "we shouldn't stoop as low as our enemies" etc. Said Academia duelist comes back and cards another 10 people. What then? It would have been better if they were eliminated before they could inflict harm. That's war. And war is what is going on. You must kill in war until your enemies yield, else it will only drag on, and more will die. Kaito and Shun have every right to card Academia duelists. Sure, Shun was in the wrong carding LDS students, but he thought they were members of Academia. And obviously Kaito is wrong for attempting to card the Lancers. But any duelist who mercilessly, knowingly, and deliberately attacks civilians? Fair game; eliminate the bitch once and for all.

This seems accurate to me

This was an appetizer for Aster/Edo, to the point where we weren't even suppose to know it was him until the end of the episode (LOL like that was ever gonna work). I have no worries that Edo will get new cards and hopefully a legit strategy because he is the Commander-in-Chief of the most feared army in all Dimensions. So hyping him right now seems premature. I question how many duels he'll get in total though since he is such a high ranking Academia official? Maybe 3 total counting this one?

They seem to have paired him with Yuya as opponents because of the whole Yusho thing so let's see how many duels he gets because Yuya has a long list of opponents to go through.

King
14th May 2016, 07:54 PM
Edo Acting was terrible, now i am reminded why i didn't liked him in GX.

LolsterXD97
14th May 2016, 07:59 PM
Well, going into a war zone and asking a random kid who was his father was something really off to have Yuya and Edo Duel.

ScionStorm
14th May 2016, 08:04 PM
*Goes into warzone. Points to random boy*

"Who's your daddy!?"

*Fight commences*

KingJinzo
14th May 2016, 08:08 PM
I'll go even further:

Say an Academia duelist cards 10 people. A Resistance duelist defeats them, but then lets them live because "carding people is wrong" "we shouldn't stoop as low as our enemies" etc. Said Academia duelist comes back and cards another 10 people. What then? It would have been better if they were eliminated before they could inflict harm. That's war. And war is what is going on. You must kill in war until your enemies yield, else it will only drag on, and more will die. Kaito and Shun have every right to card Academia duelists.

That's why we have prison.^^

Maybe you are the kind of guy who is for the death penalty? Who knows? I don't know you.

Sanokal
14th May 2016, 08:16 PM
Okay, that's getting a little out of hand and cruising the crest of off topic.

KingKaash
14th May 2016, 08:24 PM
Well, going into a war zone and asking a random kid who was his father was something really off to have Yuya and Edo Duel.

Yea that concept is being kinda rushed. Edo is walking around with half of a Smile World copy looking for Yusho while Yuya was walking around looking for his father Yusho. Then Edo asked what are you doing out here, and Yuya proceeded to say he was looking for his father and then Edo asked who is your father.

I'm gonna bet Edo duels Kaito later on and wins *bold prediction of the month*

LolsterXD97
14th May 2016, 08:30 PM
Yea that concept is being kinda rushed. Edo is walking around with half of a Smile World copy looking for Yusho while Yuya was walking around looking for his father Yusho. Then Edo asked what are you doing out here, and Yuya proceeded to say he was looking for his father and then Edo asked who is your father.

I'm gonna bet Edo duels Kaito later on and wins *bold prediction of the month*

I don't think they are going to have 2 returning characters fighting, it would cause fandom fights unless the Duel ends in a Draw or unresolved.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
14th May 2016, 08:38 PM
That's why we have prison.^^

Maybe you are the kind of guy who is for the death penalty? Who knows? I don't know you.

The Resistance barely has housing, how in fuck's name are they going to run a penitentiary? Especially since they're horribly outnumbered.

ScionStorm
14th May 2016, 08:43 PM
So, this is the first time Yuto has Pendulum Summoned, right?

The Xyz Dimension is in total Chaos. I can understand Yuya's desperate belief that if he doesn't talk to the mysterious Academia duelist now it's very possible he might not get another chance.

KingJinzo
14th May 2016, 11:43 PM
The Resistance barely has housing, how in fuck's name are they going to run a penitentiary? Especially since they're horribly outnumbered.

If you haven't notice, it's a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Edo is secretly nice and would have search for that random father if it wasn't Yusho. He runs heroes for Ra's sake.

KingKaash
15th May 2016, 01:19 AM
I don't think they are going to have 2 returning characters fighting, it would cause fandom fights unless the Duel ends in a Draw or unresolved.

Ahh that's a good point. Well who else is left that's worth Academia's Commander-in-Chief's time? Aside from Shun who's got Kaito to deal with. I guess another duel against Yuya is in going to happen

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Edo is secretly nice and would have search for that random father if it wasn't Yusho. He runs heroes for Ra's sake.

I think the same thing. Edo isn't a villain in GX and so I don't see him being one in Arc-V either, even if he's the Commander of Academia. All the Slifer mooks were immediately like "Hey citizens, let's card these people immediately." But Edo was more like "Hey civilian what are you doing out here?" instead of jumping straight to the carding dialogue. So there's a difference there, albeit me just comparing mooks to a high ranking commander.

Eventually someone will have to follow Mizar/Aporia's role and take on the Professor and get annihilated in 1 turn by the Professor's ridiculous boss deck. It could be Edo since I think Edo will be nice and does use a HERO deck after all. Or it could even be nice Yuri...

Sanokal
15th May 2016, 06:11 AM
Aster was under the impression in the original that he was doing the right thing with Sartorius, so it's likely that he believes in the noble goal of Duel Academy.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
15th May 2016, 06:25 AM

Should have noticed the smiley. My mistake.

KingJinzo
15th May 2016, 12:40 PM
Ahh that's a good point. Well who else is left that's worth Academia's Commander-in-Chief's time? Aside from Kurosaki who's got Kaito to deal with. I guess another duel against Yuya is in going to happen

I think the same thing. Edo isn't a villain in GX and so I don't see him being one in Arc-V either, even if he's the Commander of Academia. All the Slifer mooks were immediately like "Hey citizens, let's card these people immediately." But Edo was more like "Hey civilian what are you doing out here?" instead of jumping straight to the carding dialogue. So there's a difference there, albeit me just comparing mooks to a high ranking commander.

Eventually someone will have to follow Mizael/Aporia's role and take on the Professor and get annihilated in 1 turn by the Professor's ridiculous boss deck. It could be Edo since I think Edo will be nice and does use a HERO deck after all. Or it could even be nice Yuri...
Edo's job is usually trying to beat the main villain only to lose in the end. It even happened in the manga. In the manga, Edo wasn't even brainwashed by his Legendary Planet. Edo is the type of character who is difficult to categorize into a villain/hero role. His deck is based on anti-heroes, and aside from acting very angrily, he doesn't appear as ax-crazy as Sora or Roget. And he isn't really smug.