PDA

View Full Version : Kamikaze Weasels (Yosenju)

SynjoDeonecros
15th September 2015, 07:15 PM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/1c0039cfefd6367febae4d7236122b69/tumblr_nx7v5lIcwP1ugh0uso2_r1_1280.jpg

Fell in love with this archetype when it first came out, and still love it now. Tried my best to optimize it, and was successfully able to crush most of the top tier decks on the AI duel part of YGOPro, except for Burning Abyss (which is ironic, since that's the main deck my boyfriend plays, right now, alongside Frightfurs). I do have a few pros and cons with this deck, though:

Pros:
* I do like Daibak in this deck. I've found its Pendulum effect useful for running over monsters more often than not.
* I've been able to OTK a few decks with sheer numbers and Gagaga Cowboy, so that's cool.

Cons:
* I've been told that Secret Move is essential for this deck, but I've found it majorly cloggy and not useful much in my deck. I find that most of the stuff I want to stop with it happens during my opponent's turn, and I don't usually have a Yosenju card on the field to trigger it then.
* I keep forgetting Vanity's Emptiness' self-destruct clause, so I never get to use it like I should. Really thinking about ditching it in favor of something else, like maybe Lose 1 Turn or something.
* Despite what I want to use them for, I don't seem to use the level 6 Yosenjus at all. Thinking about ditching them for Oyam, for testing, or just scrapping them altogether.

Overall, this is a neat deck, and I'm glad that a viable Beast-Warrior deck that actually looks like Beast-Warriors is out.

Blue
16th September 2015, 02:22 AM
I like that you're using Daibak in here as an attack buffer. I used it for a spell, but I ended up cutting it in favor for more defensive traps.

Since you like to have Daibak and also run Shinchu L, I'm gonna go ahead and be that guy and say you should try to fit in secret move, maybe for the level 6 yosenjus.

I get a lot of mileage out of secret move. For me the key is to set it while I have a pendulum scale set to mess with my opponent on their turn. At the very least, if you draw it with no scale, set it anyways to make your plays for next turn safe. You don't know how many times someone has flipped torrential on my last summon and the set Secret move from last turn saved my weasels from untimely death :)

Your call though, all and all it looks pretty solid.

SynjoDeonecros
18th September 2015, 03:56 PM
Really thinking that, if I do ditch the level 6 Yosenjus, I'll replace them with a third Daibak and Shinchu L, for more consistency. That'll be up for testing, though.

SynjoDeonecros
20th September 2015, 02:25 AM
I think I've decided to make this my main dueling deck, instead of my Wanghu Stun deck; I was never completely happy with any of my Wanghu Stun builds, and playtesting my current Yosenju deck proved most promising, so I'm betting I'll have better luck in tournaments with this deck than with Wanghu, sadly.

SynjoDeonecros
20th September 2015, 03:04 PM
Speaking of Wanghu, I've salvaged five Xyzs from the extra deck of it, including Diamond Crab King, Exiton Knight, and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, but I don't have enough space in my extra deck to fit them in. At best, I can only put them in my side deck to side out my Ptolemaeus combo for them, but that takes up valuable space that I could use for more practical side deck cards. Anyone want to help me solve this conundrum?

Also, since I keep on forgetting about the self-destruction effect of Vanity's Emptiness, which keeps me from using its effect effectively, should I switch it out for a copy of Vanity's Fiend?

Blue
20th September 2015, 05:28 PM
If you're going to cut vanities, I would just remove it and run 40 cards for better consistency.

Vanities Fiend isn't going to help as it's going to be next to impossible for you to actually summon it.

As for the issue with your extra deck, cut the Ptolemaeus and the rank 5's. You're not running any other tellarknight Xyzs, which means at minimum you have to use up 3 yosenjus to make Ptolemaeus worth it. Which if you have enough of them floating around, why haven't you won yet? It's win moar.

SynjoDeonecros
20th September 2015, 05:31 PM
Well, I do have Stellarknight Delteros, as well, but that's it.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd October 2015, 03:10 AM
I cut Vanity's Emptiness and bumped Secret Move back to 3. I'll try to make it work, but I'm not sure how well it'll work. I do know that I do not like Emptiness.

What tier is Yosenjus on the current meta list, anyway? Is it still fringe, or has it bumped up somewhat?

SynjoDeonecros
4th October 2015, 05:45 PM
So, since I'm told that I need more floodgates in my deck, I did some deck-shuffling and put back in Vanity's Emptiness in my side deck, as well as adding 2 Fiendish Chain. I don't have the money for Lose 1 Turn, but I do have some Lancea and a pair of Necrovalley, should I put those into my extra deck, as well?

Blue
4th October 2015, 06:47 PM
Lancea, Necrovalley, and your extra S/T hate should definitely go in the side deck.

Necrovalley helps against decks that love touching their grave in inappropriate ways. And Lancea can stop Ritual Beast and Kozmo nonsense for a turn.

SynjoDeonecros
5th October 2015, 02:17 AM
Well, space, y'know? I've got my main deck packed pretty tight, and it's the same with my side deck; the only cards I can remove from it now are Misak and my Prohibitions, but I don't want to do that (I'm convinced that, with most decks working on a key card to start/run the main combo, keeping them from playing it entirely instead of just countering it is a good idea).

SynjoDeonecros
25th October 2015, 07:29 PM
I'm tempted to drop Oyam and Magat for a third Tsujik, Daibak, and L. Pendulum. Dunno why, I just feel compelled to, but I don't want to drop my Level 6 cards, either...

SynjoDeonecros
3rd November 2015, 02:17 AM
Updated my deck. Still thinking of dropping Oyam and Magat for a third Tsukik, Daibak, and Left Pillar, and dropping Torrential Tribute for Divine Wind of Mist Valley. Also replaced Exciton Knight with Delteros, because the former is banned and everything.

SynjoDeonecros
5th November 2015, 02:26 AM
Hmm, people are talking of a "Pendulum" build for Yosenjus. I'm assuming they mean playing 2 of each of the Pillars and Daibak. I also heard it's not as good as other builds, and it's detrimental to go first with the build, as well. Still, I like running Daibak, so what do you guys think? Should I go for a Pendulum build? And what do you think that would consist of?

SynjoDeonecros
20th November 2015, 03:15 AM
Because of recent metagame changes, I dropped a Magat for a R Pillar; going to try and use Misak for Kosmo hunting. Also thinking of moving most of my side deck cards to the main deck, and bump the deck up to 50 cards. I know it'll kill a bit of consistency, but I want the best chance of battling the metagame, and I don't think a side deck full of cards that need to be in the main deck will work all that well.

Sanokal
20th November 2015, 10:24 AM
To be perfectly honest I'm never sure why people say that the Pendulum build is less consistent; it's at least only three extra cards.
I didn't think of Misak for the Kozmo side...that's a decent idea, good thing that I've got one floating around.

R3QU13M
20th November 2015, 11:08 AM
During the time when Shaddolls had Construct and Burning Abyss was considered top decks. I had a pendulum Yosenju deck variant that utilized Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Koa'Ki Meiru Drago w/Diamond Core along with some Rock Stun buddies too in my side deck depending on match ups. With the Koa'Ki Meiru aspect to deck it allowed me to have better first turn set up ratios with a monster on board that can hinder the opponent versus hiding behind backrow or setting one of pillar scales face down/summoning for protection.

Probably gonna reconsider this strategy since I never used the Beast-Warrior Koa'Ki Meiru monsters for some odd reason w/Iron of Koa'Ki Meiru since the Kama 1, 2, & 3 are the same type respectively. Also when Ties of Brethen comes out too.

SynjoDeonecros
20th November 2015, 04:38 PM
Ties of the Brethren I've heard isn't that great for this deck, since two of the three Kamas require the battle phase, which it locks off.

SynjoDeonecros
20th November 2015, 05:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SmOZXFs.png

So, what do people think of this deck? Should I keep it as-is, or go back to siding most of the backrow to keep the deck down to 40 cards?

Sanokal
20th November 2015, 07:07 PM
The thing with Yosenju is that, as Zack Buckley has said, "your monsters are going to do what you need them to do. You just have to protect yourself long enough to let them get the job done." I'd definitely playtest and see what cards come in useful rather than others. On another note, it's probably a good idea to bump Shinchu R down to 2 and bring Shinchu L up to 3 - Shinchu L is just too good.

SynjoDeonecros
20th November 2015, 07:35 PM
Hmm, well that means Fiendish Chain and Mirror Force are definitely in. Not sure about DImensional Fissure or Macro Cosmos; haven't done much with those, and with Kozmo being a thing in the tournaments, now, banishing isn't that good of an idea. Still don't like Vanity's Emptiness, because I keep on forgetting about its self-destruct effect. Don't have any Lose 1 Turn, but haven't needed them, yet, so not sure if I should get any... I think I can cut the deck down to 44/45 cards and be good.

As for Shinchus, R at 3 was to help facilitate Pendulum Summoning of Daibak, but I figure that, with it and Daibak at 2 covering the high scale, L at 3 would be better for balancing the scales.

SynjoDeonecros
21st November 2015, 07:47 PM
So, I decided to swap out the third R with L, put in my sided MST, Fiendish Chain, and Grand Horn of Heaven, and put into the side deck Space-Time Trap Hole, 2 Kodam, and 2 Training Ground.

Sanokal
21st November 2015, 07:53 PM
The thing with Shinchu L is that all of its effects are just so good that you need three to maintain the Scales.
With Kozmo running around, And the Band Played On probably isn't a good option.
But what you're thinking of sounds solid to me.

SynjoDeonecros
21st November 2015, 08:28 PM
Um, what? I don't have And the Band Played On in this deck.

Sanokal
21st November 2015, 10:55 PM
Um, what? I don't have And the Band Played On in this deck.

Sorry, I'm being unclear again. It's a tech option that could be used, but as I said with Kozmo running around it isn't as effective. What I meant was that I would suggest it if it weren't for Kozmo.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd November 2015, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I need cards that can beat back both Kozmo and EmEm.

SynjoDeonecros
7th December 2015, 11:40 PM
Should I get rid of Blackship of Corn in my Extra for Masquerade? I dunno how useful the former is, and I've seen the latter in a few decks, so...

Sanokal
8th December 2015, 12:09 AM
Should I get rid of Blackship of Corn in my Extra for Masquerade? I dunno how useful the former is, and I've seen the latter in a few decks, so...

Hmmm...that's a tough question. On one hand Blackship is easier to make and doesn't fall to battle traps, but on the other hand Masquerade is stronger and can still work on Kozmos.
Maybe test them both and see which one comes in useful most of the time?

SynjoDeonecros
13th December 2015, 04:16 PM
Okay, so what should I now do with my side deck? I don't have continuous access to a store that holds local tournaments, so I can't test out my decks, but I'd like to get some budget deck options for the big three: Kozmo, EmEm, and Burning Abyss.

Sanokal
13th December 2015, 09:01 PM
Okay, so what should I now do with my side deck? I don't have continuous access to a store that holds local tournaments, so I can't test out my decks, but I'd like to get some budget deck options for the big three: Kozmo, EmEm, and Burning Abyss.

I'm not sure how well it'll work, but And the Band Played On can stall BA and EmEm to a degree.

SynjoDeonecros
13th December 2015, 09:52 PM
It doesn't work at all against Kozmo, though, which sucks.

Since I have a mostly Beast-Warrior deck, would Gyokkou work as a side deck tech?

Sanokal
13th December 2015, 11:03 PM
It doesn't work at all against Kozmo, though, which sucks.

Since I have a mostly Beast-Warrior deck, would Gyokkou work as a side deck tech?

Maybe, though I assume that would only work on BA though, wouldn't it?

SynjoDeonecros
13th December 2015, 11:26 PM
Kozmo is getting that trap card that people are freaking out about, in the next set, so that could help against it.

Sanokal
13th December 2015, 11:27 PM
Kozmo is getting that trap card that people are freaking out about, in the next set, so that could help against it.

Ah, good point.

SynjoDeonecros
14th December 2015, 12:07 AM
Hmm, looking at the tournament decks listed on TCGPlayer, you're right, Gyokkou wouldn't do me any good against the big three. Damnit. I don't have the money to buy stuff like Lose 1 Turn and the like...

Sanokal
14th December 2015, 03:36 AM
Hmm, looking at the tournament decks listed on TCGPlayer, you're right, Gyokkou wouldn't do me any good against the big three. Damnit. I don't have the money to buy stuff like Lose 1 Turn and the like...

It's cheaper now that it's been reprinted in the Astral packs, but yeah, it's still expensive. Which is a shame, because it's so damn good .

SynjoDeonecros
16th December 2015, 01:20 AM
Yeah, right now I can only afford 1, and that won't get me any other cards I need for my other decks, so... I don't think just 1 Lose 1 Turn will work.

SynjoDeonecros
17th December 2015, 06:41 PM
Should I get the 1 Lose 1 Turn, or should I not even bother?

SynjoDeonecros
19th December 2015, 01:43 AM
Blegh. Yosenju's Secret Move is just not doing it for me; I can't seem to get them out when I need them, only when they'll just clog up my backrow, which sucks when I need to tackle cards like the Majespecter spells/traps, Fire Lake of the Burning Abyss, and Kozmojo. Is there any way, beyond Training Ground, I can get them out faster?

LolsterXD97
19th December 2015, 01:48 AM
Should I get the 1 Lose 1 Turn, or should I not even bother?

Are you only getting one? Its better getting it when you can buy it at 3 or 2, so I would wait until you can afford buying multiples since only one could get blown easily by the opponent.

I would recomend replacing Mirror Force for Storming Mirror Force if you can get it (And for Sandstorm when it comes out). Also when Solemn Notice comes out, I would recomend taking out Secret Move if you really think its inconvenient (Airdane could search it when it comes out, but it would be a drastic change for the Deck I believe).

SynjoDeonecros
19th December 2015, 02:07 AM
I can't afford any of those cards, right now, unfortunately. I'm stuck with a very strict budget, which is why I was hoping I could get away with one L1T, but I guess not.

Sanokal
19th December 2015, 02:42 AM
Blegh. Yosenju's Secret Move is just not doing it for me; I can't seem to get them out when I need them, only when they'll just clog up my backrow, which sucks when I need to tackle cards like the Majespecter spells/traps, Fire Lake of the Burning Abyss, and Kozmojo. Is there any way, beyond Training Ground, I can get them out faster?

You can search them with Kama 3

SynjoDeonecros
19th December 2015, 02:58 AM
You can search them with Kama 3

If I can get Kama 3's effect off; like I said, it's getting too damn hard to keep my monsters on the field long enough to get their effects going. I need another way of getting Secret Move out on a consistent basis.

SynjoDeonecros
19th December 2015, 04:26 AM
Blegh, someone on Pojo is trying to convince me to drop Secret Move entirely; he calls it a "worse Wiretap", which A) isn't how the card works at all, B) most pure duelists swear by, including the last ranked duelists to run the deck, and C) he swears that pure Yosenju is the best variant, which most people disagree with, anyway (I only run pure because I don't have a choice with my budget, and because I don't like mixing archetypes, anyway). So, if you agree with him, please make a more convincing argument about why I shouldn't play Secret Move; MAYBE you can get away with Solemn Notice, but that all depends on how expensive the card'll be, when it comes out, and with the hype surrounding it, I'm expecting it to be way out of my price range.

Sanokal
19th December 2015, 04:30 AM
Blegh, someone on Pojo is trying to convince me to drop Secret Move entirely; he calls it a "worse Wiretap", which A) isn't how the card works at all, B) most pure duelists swear by, including the last ranked duelists to run the deck, and C) he swears that pure Yosenju is the best variant, which most people disagree with, anyway (I only run pure because I don't have a choice with my budget, and because I don't like mixing archetypes, anyway). So, if you agree with him, please make a more convincing argument about why I shouldn't play Secret Move; MAYBE you can get away with Solemn Notice, but that all depends on how expensive the card'll be, when it comes out, and with the hype surrounding it, I'm expecting it to be way out of my price range.

Secret Move seems to be personal preference, but I still think that you should run it. Though it is of course your decision.

SynjoDeonecros
19th December 2015, 04:35 AM
I want to use it; with the card effects that people are going to be using, in the next meta, I need something that can protect me. The difficult part is getting it out when I need it and not let it clog up my backrow.

SynjoDeonecros
19th December 2015, 05:19 PM
Thinking of replacing Fiendish chain in my deck either with Oyam or Training Ground. Which do you think I should do?

Sanokal
19th December 2015, 05:38 PM
Thinking of replacing Fiendish chain in my deck either with Oyam or Training Ground. Which do you think I should do?

I'd personally keep Fiendish in the deck unless you need to side it out for Kozmo, but that's just me.

SynjoDeonecros
19th December 2015, 05:43 PM
I never had to use it, so it seems really useless to me in this deck, sorry.

Sanokal
19th December 2015, 05:45 PM
I never had to use it, so it seems really useless to me in this deck, sorry.

Oh, well if that's the case, then feel free to take it out. Since you're removing attack prevention it's probably best to replace it with Oyams.

SynjoDeonecros
19th December 2015, 05:52 PM
Don't patronize me; it's why I ignored you in the first place. I haven't been able to draw it at all, since putting it in, so I feel it's useless in this deck. And I've gotten more use out of Mirror Force than anything.

Sanokal
19th December 2015, 06:00 PM
Don't patronize me; it's why I ignored you in the first place. I haven't been able to draw it at all, since putting it in, so I feel it's useless in this deck. And I've gotten more use out of Mirror Force than anything.

I'm not. I'm being honest and serious.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting more use out of Mirror Force makes a lot of sense against Kozmo come to think of it.

SynjoDeonecros
19th December 2015, 06:02 PM
If I can get my hands on some, I'd get Storming Mirror Force instead, but they're too expensive for me, right now.

Sanokal
19th December 2015, 06:06 PM
If I can get my hands on some, I'd get Storming Mirror Force instead, but they're too expensive for me, right now.

That was going to be my next question; what you thought of the other Mirror forces. Though I assumed that their expense would be a factor.

SynjoDeonecros
19th December 2015, 06:10 PM
Depending on how much it would be, I'd like to get my hands on Wave Mirror Force, but I'm betting it'll be just as expensive as the others.

Sanokal
19th December 2015, 06:22 PM
Depending on how much it would be, I'd like to get my hands on Wave Mirror Force, but I'm betting it'll be just as expensive as the others.

Sadly, yeah. On the other hand it'll be slightly easier to pull from the new rarity packs.

SynjoDeonecros
19th December 2015, 06:40 PM
If the card doesn't bump up in rarity, which it likely will, given the others. My only hope is that, since it only works with direct attacks, it won't garner the kind of interest that the others have, and will drop in price. Of course, since I mostly have to protect myself with direct attacks, using this deck, it'll be perfect for me.

Sanokal
19th December 2015, 07:28 PM
If the card doesn't bump up in rarity, which it likely will, given the others. My only hope is that, since it only works with direct attacks, it won't garner the kind of interest that the others have, and will drop in price. Of course, since I mostly have to protect myself with direct attacks, using this deck, it'll be perfect for me.

Aye. The rarity bump will probably be a thing. Waaahhh!

SynjoDeonecros
22nd December 2015, 08:00 PM
Someone on Pojo was making a pretty decent argument for replacing Mirror Force with Wall of Disruption, at least until the water Mirror Force comes out. What do you guys think?

SynjoDeonecros
23rd December 2015, 05:54 PM
Which is better for dealing with the Kozmo ships, Misak or Oyam? Misak has a similar effect to Samurai Cavalry of Reptier, and can pop a card upon Pendulum Summon, but requires a tribute summon to get out without a pendulum scale; Oyam, on the other hand, can be brought out when the opponent attacks, can match their monsters' ATK, and can be suicided in that case to search a Yosenju, but is prone to non-battle removal and it needs to be killed by battle to search.

LolsterXD97
23rd December 2015, 06:03 PM
Which is better for dealing with the Kozmo ships, Misak or Oyam? Misak has a similar effect to Samurai Cavalry of Reptier, and can pop a card upon Pendulum Summon, but requires a tribute summon to get out without a pendulum scale; Oyam, on the other hand, can be brought out when the opponent attacks, can match their monsters' ATK, and can be suicided in that case to search a Yosenju, but is prone to non-battle removal and it needs to be killed by battle to search.

I think the Kozmo ships would crash at Oyam without fear because of Honest and floating. I don't know which one would be better since Oyam is a -1 and Misak would pop a card at Pendulum Summon. Misak would be better but I would keep at least 1 Oyam.

SynjoDeonecros
23rd December 2015, 06:53 PM
Hmm. In that case, should I have 2 Misak and 1 Oyam, or 1 of each in my deck? Right now, I have 2 Misak and no Oyam, but I'd have to make room for Oyam, if I want to keep the 2 Misak.

SynjoDeonecros
23rd December 2015, 07:59 PM
I think the Kozmo ships would crash at Oyam without fear because of Honest and floating. I don't know which one would be better since Oyam is a -1 and Misak would pop a card at Pendulum Summon. Misak would be better but I would keep at least 1 Oyam.

Floating might be an issue, but most of the ships used in Kozmo are DARK, so they won't gain anything from Honest. Besides, since they can't be targeted by card effects, battle is basically the only way I can get rid of them, at this point.

LolsterXD97
23rd December 2015, 08:58 PM
Hmm. In that case, should I have 2 Misak and 1 Oyam, or 1 of each in my deck? Right now, I have 2 Misak and no Oyam, but I'd have to make room for Oyam, if I want to keep the 2 Misak.

3 Misaks is much, but 1 is not enough, so 2 is fine since its also reusable for the next turn, but you still need some handtrap, so 2 Misaks and 1 Oyam is fine.

SynjoDeonecros
23rd December 2015, 11:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjusAsfAAjY

Found this tournament-placing deck just now on Youtube. I'm not sure about some of the cards in it (like Assault Halberd), but I dunno. What do you guys think? Anything in it that you think I should take away from it?

SynjoDeonecros
24th December 2015, 06:43 PM
Someone on Pojo suggested I main Time-Space Trap Hole and a pair of Memory Loss. What do you guys think?

citrus
26th December 2015, 09:39 PM
Time-Space should be at three for you deck, especially since you don't have a lot of bodies to block attacks for you, and you don't have enough effects to rely on when it comes to removing your opponent's threats. Memory Loss is basically just a worse version of Breakthrough Skill/Fiendish Chain, and they're not even good that great right now. Focus on being able to physically answer threats, not just block effects.

If you want to go into some Xyz-heavy combos, you can try Soul Charge.

Sanokal
26th December 2015, 10:11 PM
The advantage to Memory Loss is that it's cheap and easy to get. Soul Charge seems sub-optimal to me in Yosenju, though I suppose that depends on how often Synjo's monsters bite it. (I do apologize for how dickish that sounds).

SynjoDeonecros
27th December 2015, 02:27 AM
It depends; I keep on getting my monsters killed by Fire Lake when going against a BA deck, otherwise I can usually keep the bouncing up.

Hope in the Interstice
27th December 2015, 02:30 AM
It depends; I keep on getting my monsters killed by Fire Lake when going against a BA deck, otherwise I can usually keep the bouncing up.
Have you tried My Body as a Shield?

SynjoDeonecros
27th December 2015, 02:35 AM
No, I haven't. Maybe I should?

SynjoDeonecros
28th December 2015, 03:21 AM
Looking at the list of current cards recommended for the side deck, I see a lot of decks are vulnerable to Flying "C", so I put in those instead of Memory Loss, and instead of my Dark Holes that I took out, I decided to put in a pair of Wavering Eyes (disrupt Pendulum strategies and help me get the pillars and Daibak out).

SynjoDeonecros
29th December 2015, 05:41 AM
Ugh, some idiot on Pojo was trying to get me to put in Gameciel, which I don't appreciate; I don't like combining archetypes, if I can help it, I don't see Gameciel's use in a Yosenju deck that it can't do better in its own deck, and I can't take the suggestion seriously, since he bitched at me for my previous statement about archetypes by criticizing my use of Tenki in here, despite the fact that Tenki is generic Beast-Warrior support at its purest, and only has "archetype" support in the fact that - as a Fire Formation card - it can be gotten out with Bear and Gorilla. That's it.

Sanokal
29th December 2015, 05:53 AM
Gameciel only goes in a Yosenju Kaiju hybrid, and that isn't your aim, so yeah, this guy seems to be a bit of a muppet.

SynjoDeonecros
29th December 2015, 03:56 PM
Thinking back, I'm going to experiment with ONE Santa Claws in my side, just to see how it works.

Also, I managed to find 3 Wall of Disruption, so I'm curious if I should replace my normal Mirror Forces with them.

SynjoDeonecros
11th January 2016, 08:15 PM
So, I got a single Twin Twisters from the sneak peak, yesterday, and I'm going to put it into my side deck, for now; if I had two of them, I'd replace the MSTs in my main deck for them, and side the MSTs, or maybe side one of each and main one of each, but for now, eh...

SynjoDeonecros
12th January 2016, 03:53 AM
Okay, that's it, I'm not getting advice from Pojo ever again on my Yosenju deck. Some random jackass who claimed to "Know Yosenju" decided to ignore everything that was posted on my thread about my build, gut the soul out of the deck, and throw in a bunch of meta crap that I don't want or can't afford, to make it "competitive". It took everything in me to not tell him to fuck off. God, why can't people just get that not everyone wants to be an elitist bastard who only cares about winning?

Sanokal
12th January 2016, 04:29 AM
Sadly it's easier than one would think to get too disillusioned in that regard. Thankfully I figured out that I might be getting too close to slipping down the slope and slammed a hammer into it.
It doesn't help that a) this is the Internet and b) a lot of people just suck. Heck, I suck for saying that. But I digress.

SynjoDeonecros
12th January 2016, 07:27 PM
I'm seriously thinking of overhauling my deck, scrapping the Secret Techniques (since they don't seem to work for me, at all) and other cards for a bunch of Counter Traps and triple Ariadne. Something like this: http://i.imgur.com/6eaSOFn.png but in the main deck, not the side.

Sanokal
12th January 2016, 09:47 PM
I'm seriously thinking of overhauling my deck, scrapping the Secret Techniques (since they don't seem to work for me, at all) and other cards for a bunch of Counter Traps and triple Ariadne. Something like this: http://i.imgur.com/6eaSOFn.png but in the main deck, not the side.

Out of curiosity how does Secret Move function through Ariadne?

SynjoDeonecros
12th January 2016, 10:13 PM
Well, I'm not planning on using Secret Move with Ariadne, but it can search for it, and Secret Move only requires a Yosenju card on the field and any monsters on the field to be Yosenjus, so even if Ariadne is a Scale, it should still work. It won't work if Ariadne is a monster, though.

Sanokal
12th January 2016, 10:34 PM
All right. Hmm.

SynjoDeonecros
13th January 2016, 12:52 AM
Not sure if Ariadne would be better for me with Secret Move, considering it's able to search for them, but then again, Solemn Scolding seems like a better option. May test both at once, with Secret Move taking the place of Destruction Jammer, to see which is better.

SynjoDeonecros
14th January 2016, 08:44 PM
Should I put in a few Grand Horns of Heaven? I've got one in my extra deck, already, and my boyfriend just today pulled a second, so...

Sanokal
14th January 2016, 08:55 PM
Doesn't sound like a bad idea. The top decks can't kill you if they can't attack properly.

SynjoDeonecros
14th January 2016, 09:48 PM
Now that I think about it, I'm not going to do Yosenju Ariadne. Seems like a really lot to commit to the Ariadne end, and I just don't play that way, usually. If anyone else wants to try it, go ahead.

SynjoDeonecros
24th January 2016, 02:54 AM
Okay, I must be doing something wrong with this deck, because I've found both Secret Move AND Left Pendulum - both cards duelists swear up and down need to be played for Yosenjus to work successfully in pure builds - to be utterly useless; I never get Secret Move's effect, nor Left Pendulum's, and the few times I'm able to do so, they don't work. So, what the hell am I doing wrong, here?

Sanokal
24th January 2016, 02:57 AM
Okay, I must be doing something wrong with this deck, because I've found both Secret Move AND Left Pendulum - both cards duelists swear up and down need to be played for Yosenjus to work successfully in pure builds - to be utterly useless; I never get Secret Move's effect, nor Left Pendulum's, and the few times I'm able to do so, they don't work. So, what the hell am I doing wrong, here?

You're not doing it wrong. They aren't for everyone, the decklists that get posted have made that clear.

SynjoDeonecros
24th January 2016, 03:17 AM
I don' believe that, honestly; every Yosenju deck that I've seen place in a tournament has 3 Secret Move and at least 2 if not 3 Left Pendulum; even the deck that won that Japanese tournament recently had both at 3, so it has to be something I'm doing wrong.

SynjoDeonecros
24th January 2016, 05:33 PM
People are telling me to get rid of Left Pillar, right now, but I'm not sure. Should I?

LolsterXD97
24th January 2016, 05:37 PM
People are telling me to get rid of Left Pillar, right now, but I'm not sure. Should I?

I think you shouldn't, it comes in handy to keep Secret Move active by having it as a Pendulum and also protecting Yosenjus from destruction or in worst cases it serves as an attack bait.

SynjoDeonecros
24th January 2016, 05:41 PM
I have 2 Daibak, so I can use those to keep Secret Move active (not like it matters; I can't seem to get Secret Move to work, anyway), people are saying that destruction effects are on the wayside this format, and people will just kill it before going after my monsters.

SynjoDeonecros
27th January 2016, 02:02 AM
I think the primary problem I'm having with deciding which cards work best in my deck is that I don't have any way of actually testing them out; I've got YGOPro, but that doesn't work well, since I have no one to connect to and the bots are boring; I have DN, but I don't usually duel on there because of the random idiots on there, and it's usually one duel and you're done, not a full match; and the nearest tournament I can go to is an hour away. Only person I can consistently duel with is my boyfriend, and the only "top" deck he has, right now, is an incomplete pure BA deck.

Sanokal
27th January 2016, 02:21 AM
Hmm. I know that this is odd, but you could try printing proxies and netdecking other decks to test against. That does present the problem of effectively using them themselves of course.

SynjoDeonecros
27th January 2016, 04:36 AM
Well, if I wanted to proxy play against existing meta decks, I could just download the latest update to YGOPro and play against the AI there, since they have AI for the current meta decks.

SynjoDeonecros
4th February 2016, 09:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/D0YrkPB.png

So, want to update my deck, dunno how to do so, but here are some things to keep in mind:

1. Daibak stays, period; I can get him out a little with tribute summoning, and I love the ATK boost his pendulum effect gives my monsters.
2. I'm thinking of putting in 1 (and only 1) Training Ground, for graveyard recursion, since I have a problem keeping my monsters from being blown up.
3. I'm thinking of getting rid of Right Pillar, but dunno what to replace it with.
4. I AM planning on getting some more expensive floodgates and whatnot; right now, I'm planning on getting 2 Quaking Mirror Force, 2 Lose 1 Turn, and another Ultimate Providence.
5. Need ways to make Left Pillar and Yosenju Secret Move work, since otherwise they just sit in my hand or on the field uselessly, and I never get their effects going.
6. I'm not happy with Forbidden Chalice in my side. What should I replace it with?

SynjoDeonecros
9th February 2016, 09:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZdxDBea.png

Slight update, this time with more backrow. Originally had a more tournament-worthy version, but I couldn't part with Daibak, so reverted back to the Pendulum version. I'm weak, I know...

SynjoDeonecros
14th February 2016, 06:53 PM
I'm torn between either leaving the deck as-is, or replacing the third Right Pillar with either a third Left Pillar or a third Tsujik. What do you guys think?

Sanokal
14th February 2016, 09:23 PM
I'm torn between either leaving the deck as-is, or replacing the third Right Pillar with either a third Left Pillar or a third Tsujik. What do you guys think?

You definitely don't need three Shinchu R. Since L doesn't seem to work for you I'd suggest Tsujik.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd February 2016, 04:20 AM
Okay. Next question: should I have Prohibition in the side deck, or Mistaken Accusation? I only have one of the latter, two of the former, and the latter doesn't stop the card being activated, but it can lock out the other copies of that card for the rest of the duel, whereas I need to name the card to stop with the former, and I need to keep it face-up on the field, which isn't that easy now with Twin Twisters being everywhere...

SynjoDeonecros
17th March 2016, 09:05 PM
Okay, so I managed to pull a second Mistaken Accusation, and am testing them in my side deck. Storming Mirror Force (Premium Gold edition) is still too expensive for me, sadly, so I can't get a set to replace the normal Mirror Forces with (though I could possibly get a set of Blazing Mirror Forces and be done with that), and I'm not sure if I want to keep Wiretap in my side deck, or switch them out for Twin Twisters. Got any suggestions on any of these?

SynjoDeonecros
23rd March 2016, 01:03 AM
Are the Hands still usable as side deck material, or do they screw with the Yosenju strategy too much? I ask, because I have a full set of Fire and Ice Hands, and I want to use them, but I've exhausted all of the cards I could use for its own deck, and the only other option I have is to put them in a side deck for something.

Sanokal
23rd March 2016, 03:32 AM
Maybe. Depends whether or not you use Secret Move (I've forgotten whether or not you decided to remove them, sorry). Guess they could work as a backup if your brothers get wiped.

SynjoDeonecros
24th March 2016, 12:02 AM
I use 2 Secret Move in my main deck and 1 in my side, but the Hands will go in the side, as well, for swapping out when I need them. so... but that means figuring out the ratios for them and taking out a few cards in my side deck... cards like Flying "C", Destruction Jammer, and/or Wiretap.

Sanokal
24th March 2016, 03:31 AM
Ah, okay, I see.

SynjoDeonecros
25th March 2016, 07:58 PM
Got my copies of Storming Mirror Force, so I replaced the normal Mirror Forces in my deck for them. Still dunno what I want to do with my side deck and the Hands, if I want to put them in there or not. Since I'm not in a position to be able to test my deck out in actual tournaments, I dunno how the side deck works out for me, so yeah...

SynjoDeonecros
10th April 2016, 02:07 AM
I'm deciding against the Hands in my side deck; I don't see them being that useful in a deck where my Normal Summons have to be dedicated to my Yosenjus. Plus, I have 1 Soul Transition in my main deck, and a second one I'm not sure if I want to side or not, so Special Summoning the Hands will screw that card up...

On another note, when the Millennium Pack comes out, and I'm able to buy some Card of Demise, should I put them in with Pot of Duality, or as a replacement for them?

JoJoToast
10th April 2016, 02:49 AM
I'm deciding against the Hands in my side deck; I don't see them being that useful in a deck where my Normal Summons have to be dedicated to my Yosenjus. Plus, I have 1 Soul Transition in my main deck, and a second one I'm not sure if I want to side or not, so Special Summoning the Hands will screw that card up...

On another note, when the Millennium Pack comes out, and I'm able to buy some Card of Demise, should I put them in with Pot of Duality, or as a replacement for them?

I've never seen hands do good in a Yosenju deck, then again i never see Yosenju decks anymore so i don't know if they would be good in Yosenju this format, though off the top of my head I'd say they eat up your normal summon too often and screw with your Card of Demise/Duality.

Duality and Demise go well together in my opinion since although they both don't allow for special summons, you usually use both in the same turn if you draw either of them, allowing you to go plus and get the cards you want.

SynjoDeonecros
10th April 2016, 03:29 AM
I see. So, I guess, take out Soul Transition and a Pot of Duality for a pair of Card of Demise? That work?

SynjoDeonecros
14th April 2016, 06:50 PM
Well, that won't work, right now; Card of Demise is going for like $25 each for presale on ebay, and I don't see it going down, any time, soon, so I'm stuck with what I have.

On that note, I pulled a single Maxx "C" that I'm tempted to put in my side deck. Should I? And, if so, should I invest in a second one?

SynjoDeonecros
5th May 2016, 03:55 PM
I put Maxx "C" in my side deck, and I traded for a single Solemn Strike, which I replaced Torrential Tribute with.

SynjoDeonecros
30th May 2016, 03:05 AM
Hmm, according to the Pojo discussion board, Yosen Whirlwind is good for either 0 or 2 in a deck. Since I have both two MSTs and 2 Twin Twisters in my side deck, should I drop the former for 2 Whirlwinds?

Sanokal
30th May 2016, 04:37 AM
I've tried Whirlwind before, but not in that context. I'd have thought that the monsters themselves deal with threats effectively enough but I could be wrong.

SynjoDeonecros
30th May 2016, 02:53 PM
Hmm. Well, here's my build, so far:

Monsters:
Daibak x2
Kama 1 x3
Kama 2 x3
Kama 3 x3
Right Pillar x2
Left Pillar x2
Tsujik x2

Spells:
Tenki x3
Raigeki x1
Pot of Duality x3
Training Ground x1

Traps:
Solemn Strike x1
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Ultimate Providence x2
Lose 1 Turn x2
Soul Transition x2
Storming Mirror Force x3
Solemn Warning x1
Vanity's Emptiness x1
Secret Move x2

Extra:
Stellarknight Delteros x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
Harpie's Pet Phantasmal Dragon x1
Steelswarm Roach x1
Masquerade x1
Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon x1
Cairngorgon x1
Castel x1
Silent Honor Ark x1
Heartlandraco x1
Tiger King x1
Lightning Chidori x1
Diamond Dire Wolf x1
Diamond King Crab x1
Abyss Dweller x1

Side:
Maxx "C" x1
MST x2
Twin Twisters x2
Mistaken Accusation x3
Grand Horn of Heaven x2
Secret Move x1
Soul Drain x1
Breakthrough Skill x1
Destruction Jammer x2

Thinking of possibly ditching the MSTs, moving Ultimate Providence down to the Side Deck, and putting 2 Whirlwind in the main deck. What'cha think?

SynjoDeonecros
11th June 2016, 07:54 PM
So, apparently, though few and far between, normal Yosenju has started creeping in on the top 8 for regional tournaments again. That's pretty nice, since I didn't like the whole Kaisenju mashup. Thing is, one recent deck caught my eye: http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=105134

It has most of the standards, including Card of Demise and Drowning Mirror Force (neither of which I can afford), but that's not what caught my eye. What did catch my eye was that the guy main decked 2 Prohibitions. That interests me, because I had 2 Prohibitions in my side deck for a while, until I dropped them for what I thought was the more superior card, Mistaken Accusation. Now, however, I'm kinda wondering if I shouldn't have done that. I still have the Prohibitions, I believe, so what do you think? Should I put them in, or keep the Mistaken Accusations?

Sanokal
11th June 2016, 09:00 PM
At a first glance, Mistaken Accusation seems superior, since backrow destruction is running rampant again and given that it's Yosenju, it's conditions are easily filled. That's my opinion anyway.

SynjoDeonecros
13th June 2016, 01:55 AM
Maybe, but here's the thing: Mistaken Accusation doesn't negate the card being played, it just stops every other copy of theirs from being played, whereas Prohibition can stop anything from being played, immediately. Of course, the opposite is that with Prohibition, you need to call the card's name (which means it's not very effective until you realize what deck your opponent's playing, which by then could be too late), and it only lasts while it's face-up on the field, whereas Mistaken Accusation is reactionary and stops the cards for the rest of the duel, so... I dunno which to play...

Sanokal
13th June 2016, 03:30 AM
Hmm...would one of both work, or is that just insanity?

Drakylon
13th June 2016, 03:36 AM
Mistaken Accusation is certainly a lot more permanent than Prohibition, and can still do serious damage if chained to cards such as Polymerization, Machine Angel Ritual, Dante, etc. However, it does very little against hand traps and other cards that usually don't appear on the field often, such as Eyes of Blue monsters and The White Stone of Legends. On the other hand, once you have some sort of grasp on the deck your opponent is playing, a well-declared Prohibition can completely stop a deck in its tracks until it gets some way to remove the Spell. For example, declaring "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" on a Prohibition against a Blue-Eyes deck means that not only can BEWD not be used at all until Prohibition is destroyed, Alternative Dragons in the Graveyard are locked out of use as well. And if Alternative Dragon is Summoned from the Deck or hand, it can't activate its effects.

Furthermore, the "cannot be used" wording on Prohibition is far more powerful than the "neither player may activate" wording on Mistaken Accusation. The former prevents, on top of activation of effects anywhere, Summoning and using it as Material for a Summon (I'm assuming this includes Ritual, Fusion, Synchro and Xyz; the last two are official rulings). Going back to the Blue-Eyes example, this means that on top of BEW/AD being unusable, Twin Burst becomes un-Summonable and getting Dark Matter out becomes a lot harder.

Though, Dragon Spirit of White is entirely unaffected and can just remove Prohibition, so Blue-Eyes might not have been the best example to use. In any case, the two cards serve different purposes - one is a reactive complete shutdown of a card, the other is a temporary but proactive one.

SynjoDeonecros
14th June 2016, 02:54 PM
Hmm. So, which would you suggest I use more, Mistaken Accusation or Prohibition?

Drakylon
14th June 2016, 08:17 PM
It really depends on what deck you're playing against. I'd main the Prohibitions myself, since they work on a wider array of decks (and I prefer proactive play), while side decking the Mistaken Accusations.

SynjoDeonecros
14th June 2016, 09:51 PM
Hmm. That's gonna be a bit difficult; I don't have much if any room in my main and side deck for both; I could side deck or drop completely my Soul Transitions and replace them with Prohibition, with Mistaken Accusation going in the latter's place in the side deck, but that really cuts down my draw power to just Pot of Duality...

SynjoDeonecros
27th June 2016, 07:50 PM
I was digging through my collection, and I found an Evilswarm Ouroboros that I managed to pull from Infinite Gold. Right now, I currently have it in my Draco Dino Cavalry deck, but I'm tempted to instead swap it with No. 104: Masquerade in this deck. Both cards require 3 level 4 monsters to get out, easy enough for a Yosenju deck, but I'm not entirely sure; Ouroboros acts basically as a Trishula, which is nice, but Masquerade... I'm not sure, maybe it can stop battle phase Kozmo or something? I'm not well versed in what goes on in the meta to know what monster effects are played during the Battle Phase. Suggestions?

Sanokal
28th June 2016, 05:52 AM
I was digging through my collection, and I found an Evilswarm Ouroboros that I managed to pull from Infinite Gold. Right now, I currently have it in my Draco Dino Cavalry deck, but I'm tempted to instead swap it with No. 104: Masquerade in this deck. Both cards require 3 level 4 monsters to get out, easy enough for a Yosenju deck, but I'm not entirely sure; Ouroboros acts basically as a Trishula, which is nice, but Masquerade... I'm not sure, maybe it can stop battle phase Kozmo or something? I'm not well versed in what goes on in the meta to know what monster effects are played during the Battle Phase. Suggestions?

Stopping Kozmo shenanigans is more than enough reason for Masquerade. Ouroborus can't do much to them.

SynjoDeonecros
28th June 2016, 04:20 PM
Can Masquerade stop Kozmo during the battle phase?

Sanokal
28th June 2016, 11:09 PM
I think so. The majority issue to deal with is whether or not the pilots banish themselves for the cost.

SynjoDeonecros
28th June 2016, 11:34 PM
Well, Masquerade's effect doesn't specify that the monsters' effects have to be activated on the field, just activated during the battle phase, so I'm assuming it'll still stop the ships or pilots during the battle phase if they banish themselves, even if it's for cost.

Sanokal
29th June 2016, 03:08 AM
The main problem, as Mofiz pointed out, is that they can just choose to activate effects outside the battle phase.

SynjoDeonecros
29th June 2016, 04:59 PM
Yeah... *sighs* So much for that idea...