PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V 105: Final Glorious Pride vs. Zenmetsu no Cipher Stream

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
15th May 2016, 09:23 AM
This episode was hilarious.
"Get out of my way! I'll card you!"
"Duel me!"
Yuya is unscathed from his duel with Edo.

Shun went full nakama. Kaito went full edgelord. First turn Rise Falcon for the lulz, using a new "Lanius" that's treated as two materials. Kaito uses a new Cipher with the same effect, and goes into Cipher Dragon. Shun protects Rise, and subsequently ranks up into Blaze on his turn. Its mass destruction is thwarted by a trap (again), but its direct attack connects, so and it destroys Cipher Dragon. However, Kaito uses a trap to revive it, and summon another from his Extra. Both dragons attack Blaze, but again Shun protects it, at the cost of its overlay units. Unable to use its effect, Shun declares an attack, making a mad run for action cards, proclaiming it to be the power of his nakama. He then gets cockblocked, resulting in Blaze Falcon's destruction... but at least he has Double Death Force. He uses a trap that allows Ultimate Falcon to activate its effect during the BP, as well as attack all of Kaito's monsters. Shun destroys 1 Cipher Dragon... and Kaito activates a hand trap, summoning it back, as well as activating the effect of Cipher Interfere from the deck... costing Shun the game. He walks up to Shun, and delivers "Are you ready to repent?" about to card him, when Sayaka bursts out crying. Apparently she saw Yuri kidnap Ruri, but was powerless to stop it. Kaito is about to hit a button on his disk, but turns around and walks off wordlessly.

Oh, and also something about making kids smile, and Yuya reveals that Yuto's soul is inside him, to which Shun just smiles.

KAITO FUCKING WON

ScionStorm
15th May 2016, 09:40 AM
First Cipher Interfere. Now Raptor Intercept Form. What does Yuto have up his PK sleeve then?
And another Lanius? Boring. We should be getting another Stryx. Or Vulture. Or an actual main deck RR Eagle.

Is Ojama King really in the preview for next episode?

EmperorShun
15th May 2016, 10:37 AM
For anyone who missed it...here is the link

http://streamin.to/embed-df0olw7a88hw-852x460.html

Thanks to lolster who told us about the website a week ago. It seems that it has the newest ep right after it aired.

Baconator
15th May 2016, 11:28 AM
First Cipher Interfere. Now Raptor Intercept Form. What does Yuto have up his PK sleeve then?
And another Lanius? Boring. We should be getting another Stryx. Or Vulture. Or an actual main deck RR Eagle.

Is Ojama King really in the preview for next episode?

Ojama support. Make it happen Komoney.

EmperorShun
15th May 2016, 11:40 AM
This episode was hilarious.
"Get out of my way! I'll card you!"
"Duel me!"
Yuya is unscathed from his duel with Edo.

Shun went full nakama. Kaito went full edgelord. First turn Rise Falcon for the lulz, using a new "Lanius" that's treated as two materials. Kaito uses a new Cipher with the same effect, and goes into Cipher Dragon. Shun protects Rise, and subsequently ranks up into Blaze on his turn. Its mass destruction is thwarted by a trap (again), but its direct attack connects, so and it destroys Cipher Dragon. However, Kaito uses a trap to revive it, and summon another from his Extra. Both dragons attack Blaze, but again Shun protects it, at the cost of its overlay units. Unable to use its effect, Shun declares an attack, making a mad run for action cards, proclaiming it to be the power of his nakama. He then gets cockblocked, resulting in Blaze Falcon's destruction... but at least he has Double Death Force. He uses a trap that allows Ultimate Falcon to activate its effect during the BP, as well as attack all of Kaito's monsters. Shun destroys 1 Cipher Dragon... and Kaito activates a hand trap, summoning it back, as well as activating the effect of Cipher Interfere from the deck... costing Shun the game. He walks up to Shun, and delivers "Are you ready to repent?" about to card him, when Sayaka bursts out crying. Apparently she saw Yuri kidnap Ruri, but was powerless to stop it. Kaito is about to hit a button on his disk, but turns around and walks off wordlessly.

Oh, and also something about making kids smile, and Yuya reveals that Yuto's soul is inside him, to which Shun just smiles.

KAITO FUCKING WON

That duel was nutz. Good to see Vanishing Lanius again. But only 2 new RR cards, one of them is not even worth it. We already have battle protection. Give it effect protection and were fine. Switching ATK and DEF is..hmm well only good for the lower rank RR.
Retrofit (best name) Lanius is nutz, you wanna tell me I can go Force Strix with only 1 Monster? Also makes Rise Falcon and Blade Burner more viable. Now dear god of the birds, show us some Rank 7 and 9 plays next time, ok?

Also, Yuri does his Flash again. He really loves that. Can we see Predator Plants with effects next week pls? No? KONAMI STOP TEASING!

yshipster
15th May 2016, 03:05 PM
And I thought I would never see a "This card can be used as 2 Xyz Materials for an Xyz Summon" effect again. But I guess, ZeXal drawbacks are unevitable.

Also Retrofit Lanius (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Raidraptor_-_Retrofit_Lanius) is also another Pain Lanius, since he can match his level, too (besides to his name). Now if he could also target monsters in the graveyard, that would be a good combo with RR - Call, as well as a 1 card Fiend Eagle combo.

Shuns try to overpower Galaxy-Eyes with Action Cards only was a bit strange, but I guess it fits his character development of accepting the Lancers as comrades. Shuns Traps are becoming a bit too situational though.

Kaitos Spells/Traps on the other hand are ... random. They all seem just to focus on summoning more copies of Galaxy-Eyes while reviving those who were destroyed. And their artworks are ... bad. They're just rainbows and some optical stuff. I guess we never see any of those printed.

That Cipher Dragon though might be an option for Galaxy Stealth Dragon in a Cipher/Galaxy Stealth deck, since he is a 1 card R4NK summon. Which sounds broken, now that I think of it. Restrictions imcomming, I guess.

Also, shouldn't the anime Blaze Falcon (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Raidraptor_-_Blaze_Falcon_(anime)) be able to attack directly even without Overlay Units? Did Shun refuse to do so, just that he could activate Doom Double Force if he didn't grab an appropirate Action Card for his plan? Anyways, this duel seemed a bit random, even more than Dennis vs Gongenzaka back in the park...

Dyson Sphere
15th May 2016, 03:22 PM
hmm in a future ep i'd love to see yuri card yusho

SynjoDeonecros
15th May 2016, 04:29 PM
So, we're getting a shot at Ojama King in the next episode? Cool, more Ojama cards would be good to see, though I doubt they'll be made, any time, soon (since they're not being played by a major main/side character, likely)...

ScionStorm
15th May 2016, 05:26 PM
hmm in a future ep i'd love to see yuri card yusho

You really want to see poor Yuya consumed by his inner darkness don't you?

LolsterXD97
15th May 2016, 05:31 PM
You really want to see poor Yuya consumed by his inner darkness don't you?

All of us want to see Yami Yuya using slave animals instead of clown animals.

Indytotof
15th May 2016, 06:13 PM

Or simply bloodfirsty dragons.

ScionStorm
15th May 2016, 06:19 PM
Or simply bloodfirsty dragons.

Is that a pun on First of the Dragons?

Indytotof
15th May 2016, 06:21 PM
Is that a pun on First of the Dragons?

Nope. Or it wasn't intended.

Eternalight
15th May 2016, 08:40 PM
Shun.. dude.. I'm pretty sure you could get at least 2 Force Strix first turn with that hand, and you could gain more advantages the next turn.
Then you declare attack recklessly with Blaze Falcon and fail, even after that nakama speech? Get your bird sh*t together, man !
Arc area project explained next episode? I really hope that they won't actually suddenly rush the plot.

ScionStorm
15th May 2016, 08:45 PM
Shun.. dude.. I'm pretty sure you could get at least 2 Force Strix first turn with that hand, and you could gain more advantages the next turn.
Then you declare attack recklessly with Blaze Falcon and fail, even after that nakama speech? Get your bird sh*t together, man !
Arc area project explained next episode? I really hope that they won't actually suddenly rush the plot.

I really hope this show lasts to season 4. Even if the season were to be half the length of the other seasons. I want to see characters left behind in the other dimensions get a chance to duel in the final conflict(whatever form that takes). We've only cover 1 or the 6 attributes with Reira, I expect Chojiro to duel some more now that Konami committed to Cardian main deck. Ruri and Rin we don't even know what their decks are. I'd like to see both Mieru and Ayu duel again. (Gotta have me some Aqua Actress monsters) And I still want to see those PERFORMACHINES. Also, Jack probably dueling again. Jack vs. Edo?

I don't know about suddenly rushing through but the end of season 2 felt like we weren't even half way through the series plot yet. Which is kind of cool. That the writers have had such a long plot for a series. And more consistent towards that plot than even DM's plot with the Pharoah's mystery.

Eternalight
15th May 2016, 09:15 PM
I really hope this show lasts to season 4. Even if the season were to be half the length of the other seasons. I want to see characters left behind in the other dimensions get a chance to duel in the final conflict(whatever form that takes). We've only cover 1 or the 6 attributes with Reira, I expect Chojiro to duel some more now that Konami committed to Cardian main deck. Ruri and Rin we don't even know what their decks are. I'd like to see both Mieru and Ayu duel again. (Gotta have me some Aqua Actress monsters) And I still want to see those PERFORMACHINES. Also, Jack probably dueling again. Jack vs. Edo?

I don't know about suddenly rushing through but the end of season 2 felt like we weren't even half way through the series plot yet. Which is kind of cool. That the writers have had such a long plot for a series. And more consistent towards that plot than even DM's plot with the Pharoah's mystery.

Well.. I expected that the introduction of Ed / Aster and the plot explanation next episode will be put at least in the middle of the season, not this early.
So far, it feels like that this is a Fusion dimension arc (just taking place in Xyz dim.) and Kaito arc. We got more information about Academia than Heartland.
Maybe there are nothing much to say about Xyz dimension right now since everything's already in ruin, but still.. there has to be something, right?
We still got Reiji's group. And maybe somehow Academia will attack Standard dim. while the Lancers are away, there we might see the kids duel again.
I also hope that they won't create half-assed archetype. I'd rather to see older cards with new supports.

ScionStorm
15th May 2016, 09:26 PM
We are getting frequent flashbacks in Xyz Dimension this season. And Yuto gets to duel through Yuya and use some PK cards like that RUM in a way that is very similar to what is doing in the manga (except manga has their faces/hair change). So this could be the season we get more PK stuff in one or two duels. And maybe we get to see his duels in flashback. I actually wouldn't mind the plot slowing down by way of flashbacks that better paint a picture both of before Academia attacked and during Yuto's time between the initial attack and traveling to standard. Having Yusho appear this early in the season was ballsy move but it does shake things up a bit.

So far the pattern this season has been roughly 2 Xyz D episodes, 1 Fusion D. episode, 2 Xyz D. episodes, etc. I can see that evolving into 2 Xyz D. eps, 1 Fusion D. ep, 1 Synchro D. ep(catching up with Reiji). And on rare occasion 2 fusion D. eps to facilitate a 2-episode duel.

The mokey
16th May 2016, 09:14 AM

why not slave Clown animals?

Hope in the Interstice
16th May 2016, 09:19 AM
Just watched the subs today (boy, they were fast again).

Honestly, this duel disappointed me more than normal. If felt like there were even more cards that made no goddamn sense than normal and Shun played so bloody badly. The duel wasn't even consequential and just served to show us Kurosaki's development which we saw traces of and could've been saved for later. There was also Sayaka's little spiel, which is fine but came kind of out of nowhere.

EmperorShun
16th May 2016, 09:29 AM
Just watched the subs today (boy, they were fast again).

Honestly, this duel disappointed me more than normal. If felt like there were even more cards that made no goddamn sense than normal and Shun played so bloody badly. The duel wasn't even consequential and just served to show us Kurosaki's development which we saw traces of and could've been saved for later. There was also Sayaka's little spiel, which is fine but came kind of out of nowhere.

Well, at least we got new Cipher monsters :D

Also, I guess someone got bored of waiting 5 days for subs to come out and now he does it himself. The group who originaly made it, is still doing it, you can follow progress here: https://twitter.com/monoker0s

Zarkiel
16th May 2016, 06:21 PM
I love the truth bomb about yuto and everyone just kind of blows it off. Next episode should be way better. I'm hoping to actually see starve venom fusion dragon in action.

King
16th May 2016, 06:44 PM
Invasion of Venon is comming, so finally a decent Duel with Yuri will be able to happen. I hope Starve Venom stays safe from the C107 Syndrome.

NassX
16th May 2016, 06:56 PM
I do enjoyed a lot that the animation is increasing its quality by tons (except sometimes in characters designs). Ultimate falcon's summoning animation was top this episode. I hope they redeem themselves with starve venom fusion dragon. We need the 3D summoning animation like the other dragons

Baconator
16th May 2016, 07:25 PM
Invasion of Venon is comming, so finally a decent Duel with Yuri will be able to happen. I hope Starve Venom stays safe from the C107 Syndrome.

At this point he's already had it, we're just waiting for him to get out of it.

den13
16th May 2016, 09:40 PM
hopefully we will get to see a predator plant fusion monster, its too early to see starve venom maybe till next month....or couple weeks b4 the invasion of venom is release......

LolsterXD97
16th May 2016, 09:41 PM
hopefully we will get to see a predator plant fusion monster, its too early to see starve venom maybe till next month....or couple weeks b4 the invasion of venom is release......

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Predator_Plant_Chimera_Rafflesia

Zarkiel
16th May 2016, 11:01 PM

Not necessarily. We usually see a card show up in the anime around the same time it leaks on V-jump if its the cover card for a main set like invasion of venom. Since V-jump should be leaking soon, we should see starve venom in the anime (assuming we'll get starve venom as the cover for that set)

Sanokal
16th May 2016, 11:55 PM
Senmetsu, not Zenmetsu, if I remember correctly.

GODDAMMIT. They brought back that lazy as hell effect to treat a monster as two Materials.

Sigh...now that that's out of the way, onto the episode itself. Kite is seriously terrifying, and while Shay does manage to shake him a little and show off his character development, it's ultimate not enough. Thankfully Sayaka's reveal that she witnessed Lulu's capture manages to pacify Kite or at least make him empathize with Shay...I was praying the whole time there.

The duel itself, aside from the lazy effect, was fairly decent, although Shay was somewhat guilty of misplays unless they decided to change the effect of Blaze Falcon. But would it be too much to ask to have a duel where Ultimate Falcon wrecks ass? At least it got proper CG this time.

It was another episode that, just like the last one, felt a little like filler. This technically isn't the case, but there isn't that much progress being made. Thankfully the next episode looks to be introducing some exposition and advancement.

Hope in the Interstice
16th May 2016, 11:59 PM
The duel itself, aside from the lazy effect, was fairly decent, although Shay was somewhat guilty of misplays unless they decided to change the effect of Blaze Falcon. But would it be too much to ask to have a duel where Ultimate Falcon wrecks ass? At least it got proper CG this time.
Not to mention the last turn of the duel was stupid. Yes, Kaito, he does have to attack all monsters you control. That does not mean he has to switch targets mid-attack. You still lose.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
17th May 2016, 01:05 AM
Not to mention the last turn of the duel was stupid. Yes, Kaito, he does have to attack all monsters you control. That does not mean he has to switch targets mid-attack. You still lose.

Attack target didn't matter; Cipher Interefere's effect was applied.

King
17th May 2016, 01:18 AM
Will Reji and the Rest be capable to appear on the screen ?

LolsterXD97
17th May 2016, 01:28 AM
Will Reji and the Rest be capable to appear on the screen ?

Put on a Bus until the Final Arc. Probably they will only appear via flashbacks until that.

yshipster
17th May 2016, 01:37 AM

He didn't even switch the target, since the targeted Calaxy-Eyes had 4000 ATK (2000 x 2).

Put on a Bus until the Final Arc. Probably they will only appear via flashbacks until that.

I guess they recognized that Reiji has too strong cards already. It seems they either give us bad cards, like with Yuya, or they don't give us anything at all. That Crow and Jack aren't appearing isn't surprising, since Synchro Arc is over. I'd just like to see more of Sora to be honest. His interactions with exspecially Shun would be really interesting...

That aside, the more I think about it, this duel seemed completely random to me. It was basically just to show us RR - Retrofit Lanius (who might be overpowered as hell when released, even if he can only be used for RR monsters), Cipher Twin Raptor (same as Retrofit, but I guess he'll be restricted to Galaxy Xyz monsters only (here comes the Galaxy Stealth Dragon support)) and that Cipher Knight, which ... sucks. All of the Spells/Traps of both were too random and/or useless, as that they will ever be printed.

At least Ultimate Falcon finally got an CGI. And whyever, the fact that this duel just was there to promote the three above mentioned cards gives me hope that the Yuya x Shun Tag Team Duel will give us more RR support, and that Retrofit just did not fit in that episodes. At least I'm hyped for that duel now.

Oh and after the Synchro Dimensions music was pretty good, the new Xyz Dimensions music is rather bad actually, at least im comparison. And I'm still waiting for some Sound Duels...

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
17th May 2016, 01:46 AM
Speaking of the music, the OST during Shun's turn was fucking odd.

Sanokal
17th May 2016, 02:05 AM
Declan (Reiji) isn't showing up because his seiyuu is so damn busy.

King
17th May 2016, 02:21 AM
Yoshimasa Hosoya is awesome Seiyuu, i am not Surprised about him being busy. That means the few screen times he gets is because of this ?

Sanokal
17th May 2016, 02:58 AM
Yoshimasa Hosoya is awesome Seiyuu, i am not Surprised about him being busy. That means the few screen times he gets is because of this ?

Seems that way. Check his resume, there's a lot of roles from the sound of things. My guess is that he'll show up after the first Xyz arc (about episode 120-125).

The mokey
17th May 2016, 02:10 PM
. All of the Spells/Traps of both were too random and/or useless, as that they will ever be printed.

as for the bad part; 100% they are gonna be buffed

yshipster
17th May 2016, 03:52 PM
as for the bad part; 100% they are gonna be buffed

We never got most of the good anime cards (RR Spells/Traps for example), so why should we get the bad ones? We'll most likely only get the monsters, regardless if tey are situationl or not, but we won't get more than 2 or 3 Spells/Traps overall. Right now, I would only bet on Cipher Interfere and Cipher Chain, and maybe Cipher Bit and Cipher Shield.

Indytotof
17th May 2016, 04:10 PM
We never got most of the good anime cards (RR Spells/Traps for example), so why should we get the bad ones? We'll most likely only get the monsters, regardless if tey are situationl or not, but we won't get more than 2 or 3 Spells/Traps overall. Right now, I would only bet on Cipher Interfere and Cipher Chain, and maybe Cipher Bit and Cipher Shield.

Like how Cipher Mirror Knight search's effect is worded, INOV might released at least 1-2 "Cipher" backrows.

kuchiki
18th May 2016, 08:57 AM
The episode overall was decent but I would've liked it if Shay had won the duel instead of Kite. For some reason this duel seemingly made me feel like Kite is sort of a prick because he even wanted to card his own comrade and a bit rude. I suppose plot wise gave character development for Shay and more struggles with the resistance members and xyz dimension in general.

Okay so let me get this straight, Academia invaded xyz dimension and caused a war then kidnapped Ruri so Shay went to standard to rescue her followed by Yuto because they are friends while Kite remained back in heartland so if Kite was home this whole time why didn't he protect his own family from getting carded? If he's portrayed as a stronger duelist than Yuto, Shay, and most people in heartland yet he could not save his family? Does that not sound odd or maybe I am overthinking this?

Also since Aster is already in xyz dimension how has Kite not found him and those two dueled each other? Perhaps this is leading to possible future duel between the two after maybe the duel between the Tyler sisters? When will someone knocks some sense into Kite?

Sanokal
18th May 2016, 09:07 AM
Even Kite can only defeat so many people at once. It's possible that he went to hold people off in another area.

KingKaash
20th May 2016, 12:09 AM
This episode was weird. Like some have mentioned, the Xyz Arc seems a bit rushed. More duels and less storyline development. It's funny because normally we hate filler story episodes but now when they cut a lot of that out and we get duel after duel with little explanation for the two duelists fighting, it seems awkward.

And then Kaito calling Shun a coward for using Action Cards was weird. Why is he a coward for actually using stuff to help him win a duel? Just because it's not native to you and you're not doing it doesn't make it cowardly for someone else to do it. I don't like Action Cards in general but I don't think of it as cowardly. I do think Shun went all out so credit Kaito for the win and at least an Action Card failing was refreshing. Kinda sad though that Shun of all people hyped Action Cards and camaraderie up only to see it fail.

Like someone mentioned, Yuto being revealed by Yuya was given less attention than I expected but maybe they'll go back to that now that this duel is over. Lastly, if Kaito doesn't want comrades, then why is he still roaming around in the Xyz Dimension? Go invade Academia on your own and see how far you get champ. (For the record, I like Kaito a lot and his ruthless ways are cool but I think he's been underdeveloped thus far as a character).

Sanokal
20th May 2016, 12:13 AM
It is possible that he doesn't have the travel tech.

KingKaash
20th May 2016, 12:16 AM
It is possible that he doesn't have the travel tech.

Yet he has the carding technology...

They really need story development for the Xyz Dimension. I'm trusting Yusho to explain it all soon for us

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
20th May 2016, 02:13 AM
This episode was weird. Like some have mentioned, the Xyz Arc seems a bit rushed. More duels and less storyline development. It's funny because normally we hate filler story episodes but now when they cut a lot of that out and we get duel after duel with little explanation for the two duelists fighting, it seems awkward.

And then Kaito calling Shun a coward for using Action Cards was weird. Why is he a coward for actually using stuff to help him win a duel? Just because it's not native to you and you're not doing it doesn't make it cowardly for someone else to do it. I don't like Action Cards in general but I don't think of it as cowardly. I do think Shun went all out so credit Kaito for the win and at least an Action Card failing was refreshing. Kinda sad though that Shun of all people hyped Action Cards and camaraderie up only to see it fail.

Like someone mentioned, Yuto being revealed by Yuya was given less attention than I expected but maybe they'll go back to that now that this duel is over. Lastly, if Kaito doesn't want comrades, then why is he still roaming around in the Xyz Dimension? Go invade Academia on your own and see how far you get champ. (For the record, I like Kaito a lot and his ruthless ways are cool but I think he's been underdeveloped thus far as a character).

I mentioned this before, but he possibly sees himself as the only competent duelist in Heartland, and assumes himself to be the only thing keeping the local populace from being wiped out utterly. Also, he might be sane enough to recognize that for all his strength, one against thousands all at once is going to get him killed-- so why not let them come to him in an easily manageable trickle?

KingKaash
20th May 2016, 05:19 AM
While the local populace is pretty small now, you make good points. And letting them come to him is smart. Of course we all expect Kaito to join forces with the Lancers eventually, but I think another reason he is so reluctant to join "comrades" is because Sayaka and Allen let him down before. We don't know why yet, but for some reason he "cut ties" from them all. He did mention that they are a hindrance and if those two aren't strong then that makes sense. Overall though, his resistance to his Resistance friends is making him look like an ignorant character. How long did it take Kite to warm up to Yuma and the crew in Zexal? I didn't watch a lot of the beginning of that series

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
20th May 2016, 07:27 AM
While the local populace is pretty small now, you make good points. And letting them come to him is smart. Of course we all expect Kaito to join forces with the Lancers eventually, but I think another reason he is so reluctant to join "comrades" is because Sayaka and Allen let him down before. We don't know why yet, but for some reason he "cut ties" from them all. He did mention that they are a hindrance and if those two aren't strong then that makes sense. Overall though, his resistance to his Resistance friends is making him look like an ignorant character. How long did it take Kite to warm up to Yuma and the crew in Zexal? I didn't watch a lot of the beginning of that series
I think they gave a very clear hint in this episode-- he's purposefully shoving away his friends as a means of severing emotional connection to them so that he doesn't have to feel anguish if they are killed. He's already wracked with grief at the loss of his family, and he doesn't want to feel that way ever again. That explains his treatment of Shun during their duel-- Shun is not his friend, he's an obstacle purposefully butting in Kaito's way. Anyone who obstructs Kaito he can consider his enemy, and he will show no remorse in striking them down. His visualization of Shun as an enemy is why he was about to card him-- but in the end, his residual feelings got the better of him and he left Shun alone.

Kaito considered Yuma his enemy for about 50 episodes.

Sanokal
20th May 2016, 08:48 AM
There's also Sayaka herself considering herself cowardly to add to that. That might be an excuse on Kite's part in her case. I just hope that she and the others weren't responsible for failing to protect his family...oh, god.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
20th May 2016, 03:24 PM
There's also Sayaka herself considering herself cowardly to add to that. That might be an excuse on Kite's part in her case. I just hope that she and the others weren't responsible for failing to protect his family...oh, god.
He might not have known that Sayaka was there when Ruri was taken.

Sanokal
20th May 2016, 07:47 PM
He might not have known that Sayaka was there when Ruri was taken.

He definitely didn't know that part.

SynjoDeonecros
1st June 2016, 05:22 PM
Going back to why Kite in this series doesn't use the Photon monsters, didn't Zexal establish that all of the Photon cards that Kite, Droite and Gauche used were created using energy from the Barian dimension? No ties to the Barian dimension (if it even exists, in the first place, in this continuity), no Photons...

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
1st June 2016, 07:31 PM
Going back to why Kite in this series doesn't use the Photon monsters, didn't Zexal establish that all of the Photon cards that Kite, Droite and Gauche used were created using energy from the Barian dimension? No ties to the Barian dimension (if it even exists, in the first place, in this continuity), no Photons...

I believe the line was "science from the other world." Astral notes in the Kaito versus Yuma round 1 that Galaxy-Eyes is reminiscent of the Astral World. And then Prime Photon was born on the moon billions of years ago.

SynjoDeonecros
1st June 2016, 07:37 PM
Hmm. Well, I was thinking Barian world, because that's the world Dr. Faker and Kite were working with against the Astral World, and I believe that it was said Kite's drone thingie was powered by a Barian crystal, so it would make sense for the "science from the other world" to be Barian in origin instead of Astral.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
1st June 2016, 07:45 PM
Hmm. Well, I was thinking Barian world, because that's the world Dr. Faker and Kite were working with against the Astral World, and I believe that it was said Kite's drone thingie was powered by a Barian crystal, so it would make sense for the "science from the other world" to be Barian in origin instead of Astral.

Zexal had a lot of minor plot holes like this.

Baconator
1st June 2016, 07:51 PM

Considering that Don Thousand was a former resident of Astral world, and he started the barian world, it's possible that he took some astral technology with him.

SynjoDeonecros
1st June 2016, 08:05 PM
Well, the logic still stands: no alien dimension to get technology from, so no Photon monsters.