View Full Version : Breezy Monarch's deck and duels

NotOcho
15th September 2015, 08:02 PM
Quick videos of the deck at work
Deck profile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Ss-x68pN8
Deck Duels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fght0RgLVkQ

Thanako
15th September 2015, 08:47 PM
Thestalos seems an odd pick, to me. I like it. If you want to really push the offensive capabilities of your deck, you would need to take out some of your defenses in return. I would tech in 2 Reinforce Truth at the expense of the Mirror Force and Solemn Warning. I'll leave it as your call, but if it's used during the opponent's turn, you can get Aither out in situations that you otherwise couldn't. Escalation is my favorite of the Monarch spell and trap lineup, but you are free to do as you wish. As a last suggestion, I'd probably swap out a Landrobe with a copy of Mithra.

That's some of my constructive criticism and some suggestions for you. I'm enjoying watching some of your duels, and hope to see more from you!

MrLucky7s
15th September 2015, 09:50 PM
As someone who's been playing Monarchs since their inception I must say I find this deck really interesting. I really love your Thestalos choice, it's in my opinion a heavily underrated Monarch card.
I'd also like to ask how are Kuraz/Deleg working out for you? I've been thinking of trying out a deck with them since they are great Aether targets and in my mind a Kuraz at the right moment can seal the game since the deck now has great OTK potential. Deleg is obviously great with his effect (Unless you face BA, then he kinda breaks even).

Since the first video implies you're still testing the deck I'd like to suggest some other cards to look into:

Mega Zaborg -when he was first revealed, he didn't seem that great, mostly due to a tough summoning requirement, but now with Original Monarch as well as Idea this card is more than viable as a 1 of in the main deck. There are tons of possible combos that will trigger his full effect and hitting an opponent's extra deck for 8 monsters is quite devastating and in certain scenarios is an "instant win". Note that if you have March active you can't make Zaborg target himself.

Escalation of the Monarchs -this one "turns" all your monarchs into Aethers and summoning a Mega Caius on an opponent's turn can swing the game heavily in your favor.

The Monarchs Awaken -This is a card that barely sees play, generally March is a better card in most cases. However with Trishula, Erebus, Ignister Prominence and Triver in the game March sometimes isn't enough and considering we now have 2800 beaters instead of 2400 beaters this card seem more viable + it's "immune" to removal in general. One big downside is that card(s) affected by it won't be affected by the atk boost of the Monarch field spell. If nothing more I believe it's a worthy addition to the side deck.

The Monarchs Erupt - I don't think there is any need to introduce skill drain, this card when used at the right moment can seal the game. However, it will also interrupt the effects of your Idea which can be a bit devastating, but you can play around that with the field spell and Original Monarch.

Raizas (Yeah, both of them) -Spinning cards on top of your opponent's deck is a very good effect since it can cause them to dead draw, I do believe that this is generally outclassed by Caius, but it's worth looking into.

And that is all that comes to mind.

NotOcho
18th September 2015, 06:49 AM
Landrobe is pretty meh in all of my test at the moment, I'll drop him to 1 to test out Mithra. I am tempted to drop air force, but every time I think about it the next duel I get saved by it. Lmao.

NotOcho
18th September 2015, 07:02 AM
Kuraz- Is too situational for me to make a deck space for. I think I have had one duel in which he actually didn't hurt the hell out of what I wanted to do.
Mega Zaborg- I like him with the field spell on board since you can just go Idea>Eidos>Field to make his summon one then hit 8 from their extra, but doesn't his effect require you to have an extra deck as well?
Escalation- MAN, I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT CAIUS ON THEIR TURN FROM THIS WOO!! Going to try it out and see how it works.
Erupt- I always just search out March since it doesn't hinder any of my plays and it is a spell.
Raizas- Caius too good. As you stated above.

I also think Thestalos is an amazing card as well. Especially since you can search him out and pluck a card from their hand on the same turn so easy.

Hope in the Interstice
18th September 2015, 07:09 AM
Mega Zaborg- I like him with the field spell on board since you can just go Idea>Eidos>Field to make his summon one then hit 8 from their extra, but doesn't his effect require you to have an extra deck as well?
No.

Erupt- I always just search out March since it doesn't hinder any of my plays and it is a spell.
Never hurts to have both. I mean, against Infernoids, it's a godsend if you can keep it up.

NotOcho
18th September 2015, 07:29 AM
I am testing it out now. Mithra is alright so far, but i was thinking the effect stacked with Eidos.