PDA

View Full Version : DA-ZING-A!!! (Yang Zings-September 2015)

J21
16th September 2015, 12:07 AM
Hello fellow duelists,

Now,with the major threats still being Nekroz, BA who rised up lately, Shaddolls(Yang Zing's Eternal Enemy), Infernoids(Reasoning.dek) and Towers Turbo(Not Qliphorts),almost all of them running the new-coming Performages,Yang Zings might have a chance to shine. This deck has the potential to do stuff,but is not represented enough by players.

Let's get into it!!!

Here is the deck:

http://i.imgur.com/0WHQUjN.png

As you can see,the Monster Line-up is kinda like everyone's:

3x Suanni,Fire
3x Bixi,Water
3x Jiaotu,Darkness
2|3x Bi'an (I find it cloggy at 3)
2|3x Chiwen (This one too)
1x Taotie,Shadow
1x Pulao,Wind
1x Zefraxi,Treasure
1x Zefraniu,Secret
1x Effect Veiler

The first 13|15 Monsters are self-explanatory. These are your guys,the floaters who give awesome effects to your awesome Synchros. Suanni the Beater, Bixi the Wall, Jiaotu the Rebound-Play and Play-Starter , Chiwen the Light-Spreader and Bi'an the Not-Suanni.
The last 4 (2 actually) is what makes the deck different; The PENDULUMS.

Let's explain a bit:

Zefraniu,Secret of the Yang Zing; Its level is really handy,since you can make a 2-card Baxia right away,and spin 2 cards from your opponent's field into the deck,or even a Yazi from a Chiwen that was in your grave! Also it gets a neat effect whenever it is destroyed! Adding a plus-1-card from your deck in the form of Yang Zing Path or Yang Zing Creation to your hand is never a bad thing!
However, the thing with Niu is that if it is the only monster you control without having a Creation behind it,the opponent will let loose and begin attacking you, since Niu doesn't float into monsters! This could easily lead to your loss.

Zefraxi,Treasure of the Yang Zing; This fella here has saved me an exceptional amount of times thanks to its awesome effect and synergy with the deck. When he is Special Summoned from the Main Deck,he can turn a YZ monster (except himself) into a tuner! Combined with the Fast Effect of Synchroing on your opponent's turn, this could be simply devastating and surprising for your opponent! One of my favorite plays is, Synchroing into Baxia on my opponent's Battle Phase with Axi and a newly Tunered-Taotie for a -2 minus for my opponent,a big Synchro for next turn,and a bunch of plays waiting.
Just like Niu,Axi,does not float at all,making it a not that great monster,when it is by itself...

Taotie,Shadow of the Yang Zing; The Winda-Killer. And a Level 5 for Trishula-Chaofeng plays. Everyone hates you,but you're needed.

Pulao,Wind of the Yang Zing; The Raigeki-Dark Hole immunity. A Yazi at 3100 ATK with Spell Imunity,is quite a pain for the BA players. Another reason he is here is because he is a Normal Summonable YZ monster that floats,with kinda big DEF. Not that great.

Effect Veiler; Our beloved Effect negation Hand Trap. He/She is searchable with Chaofeng, a Level 1 Tuner, and a great Hand Trap overall. Only at one because I have other Traps for that purpose and because I like surpising my opponent.

Honorable Mention;

Masked Chameleon is widely played but in my opinion condradicts heavily with Skill Drain when in a pinch,and you are usually going to have a Level 5 or higher monster on-field. Also,when going to Baxia,you cannot extend your plays by destroying and Special Summoning YZ from the Deck/Graveyard.

Onto the Spells! The line-up here is mostly only things you need:

3x Yang Zing Path
2x Dark Hole
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Soul Charge

The Path guarantees that you never run out of Monsters,while you draw your Traps. While early game is cloggy,you can always ditch ONE with Jiaotu.

Dark Hole this format is not that good with Shaddolls' Graveyard Effects,BAs and Nekroz' Mirrors(the Yard Effects). But you run it over Raigeki, simply because in this Deck,it can generate a lot of advantage while clearing your opponent's field.

Mystical Space Typhoon gives you Scout destruction,and while Vanity's Emptiness is at 1,it is a Win-Condition by itself,facing this Deck. Also we love hating Backrow.

Soul Charge is one of the best cards in the Deck,never take it out. The number of plays you can make off one Soul Charge can turn almost always the tables in your favor.

Honorable mention;

Reasoning; If your opponent doesn't know you're playing YZ,he'll probably call 1(because of Decatron) and you'll probably S.Summon a monster. If he does,good luck.

Lastly,the Trap line-up is heavily built around Monster Effect Negation:

3x Yang Zing Creation
2x Fiendish Chain
2x Breakthrough Skill
2x Skill Prisoner
2x Mistake
2x Oasis of Dragon Souls
1x Skill Drain

Yang Zing Creation; This is the best card of the deck. Being able to activate during the Damage Step makes it HUGE. S.Summoning YZs and then Synchroing on your opponent's turn makes the deck explode. Never less than 3.

Fiendish Chain,Breakthrough Skill and Skill Drain; All these are together as the Effect Negation on-field. Your pain is the effects of your opponent's Monsters. Your Synchros will probably be unnaffected by Spells and Traps,but not by Effects of Monsters. You need these cards in this build.

Skill Prisoner; Losing cards to Shaddoll Dragon, Castel, Qliphorts' Effects when Tributed, and most definitely Effect Veiler's negation effect,is KILLING this Deck. You need your Monsters and especially your Traps on-field,and their effects to resovle properly when needed,so you can control the field and slow down the opponent. Prisoner is good,but the double negate you get from each,makes it even better.

Mistake; The Decks playing now,are all about searching. Take Qliphorts,Satellars,Nekroz and every Deck with the Mage engine searches. So it acts like Effect negation but even better as it cancels ROTA,Pot of Duality etc..

Oasis of Dragon Souls; Grave revival cards such as Oasis, COTH and Powerful Rebirth(Especially in the OCG territories) are more popular now than were before,making the Deck more versatile and are opening more plays. I chose Oasis over the other two because;

Most of the Monsters in the Deck have high DEF.
I can bring back a fallen Baxia or Yazi,so I can make the Deck running again.

While Powerful Rebirth can make different Synchros than before,I feel that the lack of choosing Level 5 or higher Monsters is a drawback.

The Extra Deck I think is self-explanatory:

1x Trishula
1x Chaofeng, Phantom of the Yang Zing
1x Crimson Blader
2x Baxia, Brightness of the Yang Zing
2x Yazi, Evil of the Yang Zing
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Clear Wing Dragon
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Metaphys Horus
1x Armades, Keeper of Boundaries
1x Ally of justice Catastor
1x Herald of the Arc Light
1x Tatsunoko

Some things to say...

Crimson Blader; Although his Effect will be against Nekroz,your opponent will not let a single attack go through(Valkyrus). Furthermore,he is not enough for taking down Shaddolls especialy because of Construct. With the release of DOCS,he will be replaced with Scarlight.

Metaphys Horus; With Zefraxi,this Monster is exceptional. Not only do you always get a free negation, but if you use Zefraxi, you make your opponent give you one of their Monsters for FREE and you keep it!!!

Tatsunoko; If you draw you Level 5 or 6 Monsters,this guy can get you out of the pinch. With the ability to Synchro Summon using a Monster from your hand you can get a Baxia or Chaofeng easily! It is also very good because its Effect does not start a Chain, so, if your opponent wants to stop you,he must use something as soon as it hits the field,or it's too late.

The Side Deck is not that easy to manipulate because your space is tight. However,I want to note one card:

Rivalry of Warlords; The fact that you can control perfectly the board with Baxia,Yazi,or Chaofeng makes it so you don't need any other Monster Type to win! You can Lock Nekroz from Castel-ing you,or any other XYZ that could be harmful for you. Shaddolls won't be able to make these great pushes with Constructs,BLS and Windas. BA won't even be able to XYZ,they will just float to each other until they draw an out,and when they do,it will be late. You can lock out the XYZ toolbox of any Deck of that kind,limiting their options and their win conditions to the minimum,while you won't be affected at all! I think Yang Zings NEED this card at least for their Side Deck. Be sure to try it out!!

And that's my view for the Deck! What is your opinion on it? What are your suggestions? How do you see the Zings in the future?

Hope in the Interstice
16th September 2015, 01:42 AM
Have to say, that use of Tatsunoko never occurred to me. Indeed, being stuck with Taotie or Zefrainu sucks without being able to get rid of them. You're selling your cards well, mate; I think I'll give them a whirl! Except for Skill Drain; I'm never using that.

J21
16th September 2015, 10:57 AM
Tatsunoko could also help you to Summon your big Monsters gradually. A nice play is; Tatsunoko+Suanni(in hand) into Yazi. Then, Summon a Yang Zing Monster,destroy it along with an opponent's card from Yazi's eff. Use the destroyed Monster's eff to Summon Chiwen,and Tune for Baxia!

I felt the same way for SD but as I played more and more against Shaddolls,I concluded that I needed it. You're probably going to wait for you to set up,and THEN activate it, because if you don't use Bixi for a Synchro while SD is face-up,then it hurts you too.

Hope in the Interstice
16th September 2015, 11:04 AM
Tatsunoko could also help you to Summon your big Monsters gradually. A nice play is; Tatsunoko+Suanni(in hand) into Yazi. Then, Summon a Yang Zing Monster,destroy it along with an opponent's card from Yazi's eff. Use the destroyed Monster's eff to Summon Chiwen,and Tune for Baxia!

I felt the same way for SD but as I played more and more against Shaddolls,I concluded that I needed it. You're probably going to wait for you to set up,and THEN activate it, because if you don't use Bixi for a Synchro while SD is face-up,then it hurts you too.
I have a friend who plays the hell out of Shaddolls and... well, he's insanely good. And I know he will go for Shaddoll Dragon at the first opportunity with every single face-up Spell or Trap I play. Even if Skill Drain's up and not even Construct works, he WILL find a way.

J21
16th September 2015, 12:46 PM
That's where Skill Prisoner kicks in! I know how you feel about Shaddoll Dragon...T_T