PDA

View Full Version : Tips on Collecting and Making a Profit

Pewpewpewpew
16th September 2015, 01:42 AM
I've been playing to a competitive level since January, but I don't have a very large collection of card. How should I go about building up a larger/more valuable trade binder?

Moe Lord
18th September 2015, 12:02 AM
find people who are quiting a given card game and buy there collection, yard sales can have some great eals on older cards as people just want them gone, and anime conventions can sometimes be a good place to find people who are willing to get rid of their collection. Beyond that your best be is to find a really over powered set buy as many boxes as you can and sell all your pulls.

Yuuri
18th September 2015, 07:13 PM
You could always buy/pre-order an upcoming set, then sell the cards you do not need/have copies of. If you are lucky, you can easily make back what you spend and then some.

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 09:23 PM
Slow and steady is the key. Keep an eye on the meta and future cards people hype up, then buy packs or boxes accordingly. If you see hype for older cards, look through what you have to see if you happen to have it. It's also important to know the value of your own cards so that you don't get ripped off. Most importantly, do NOT buy products blindly. You need to have some idea of what the set's value is before investing any money into it.