PDA

View Full Version : Igknights Ingite

Drakylon
16th September 2015, 03:02 AM
...Sorry for the terrible title.

http://i.imgur.com/zk1lcBy.jpg

I've found this deck really fun to play. It utilizes the Igknights Pendulum engine to set the scales, then (theoretically) pumps out Synchro Monsters. Of note are Labradorite Dragon, which can be searched via Summoner's Art, and Tune Warrior, which can be searched via Unexpected Dai and RotA. 6 + 3 or 3 + 6 or even 3 + 3 + 3 Synchros an Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon, which recycles the Tuner, while the Igknights can be resummoned from the Extra Deck. Once this engine gets going, it just snowballs out of control unless the scales are broken by an MST. Even then, you have enough searching cards to recover. A good mix of Igknight levels also allows other level Synchros -- Star Eater is the strongest monster in the deck and is one answer to Towers; Black Rose nukes the field; Ignister offers more pinpoint untargeted removal and bypasses indestructibility effects; Metaphys Horus is, well, Metaphys Horus; and Trishula screws the enemy over.

Polymerization allows the deck to utilize two powerful Fusion Monsters that fit the deck's playstyle: Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste and First of the Dragons. The former is a strong beatstick and is another answer to Towers; the latter is unaffected by monster effects, forcing the opponent to rely on Raigeki or the like to remove it. Sticking First of the Dragons in defense position can be pretty funny if the enemy lacks a removal S/T or piercing damage. The Igknights can also Xyz in a pinch if the tuners are nowhere to be found; I just put some staples in there.

I didn't really think too much about the Side Deck -- just some counters to Pendulum counters. In particular, there's Imperial Iron Wall for banish effects and Wiretap for Solemn Warning.

Blue
16th September 2015, 03:07 AM
Have you tried Fusion Substitute over regular Poly? I had an igknight build at one point and I found its recycle and draw effect better over regular Poly.

Drakylon
16th September 2015, 03:12 AM
Forgot Fusion Substitute was a thing. Will probably run it just because it's better than regular Poly in all circumstances, though it doesn't really matter in this deck. I'm only running two Fusion monsters in the first place, and one isn't too likely to even hit the grave.

Sakuya
16th September 2015, 03:32 AM
>not using magical library

Cut whatever you need to, just stick 3 of em in there