PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Galaxy Deck Help

KingKaash
31st May 2016, 12:58 AM
Hey everyone

Most of you should know by now that I'm quite the noob when it comes to dueling. So I wanted to pick up a deck that was relatively easy for me to understand and use. I came across the Cyber Galaxy OCG decklist that was posted on this site. I then found a Cyber Galaxy article on TCGPlayer site and I went ahead and took that one and made some tweaks. He included some R4NK stuff but I wanted to cut that out and go more R8NK. We all know that there are different Cyber Galaxy variants, even those that include Artifacts. Here's my Cyber Galaxy spin:

Monsters (21)
3x Cyber Dragon
2x Cyber Dragon Core
2x Galaxy Knight
3x Galaxy Soldier
3x Galaxy Wizard
3x Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
2x Honest
1x Cyber Toon Dragon
1x Maxx “C”
1x Effect Veiler

Spells (12)
3x Cyber Repair Plant
3x Galaxy Expedition
2x Instant Fusion
1x Limiter Removal
1x Raigeki
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Overlay Regen

Traps (7)
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Solemn Strike
1x Solemn Warning
2x Storming Mirror Force
1x Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare

Extra Deck (15)
2 Panzer Dragon
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
2 Cyber Dragon Nova
2 Cyber Dragon Infinity
1 Constellar Pleiades
1 Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon
1 Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy
1 Number 61: Volcasaurus
2 Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon
1 Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon
1 Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon

The main point of this deck is to get Cyber Dragon Nova -> Cyber Dragon Infinity onto the field first. My next move would be to get Number 38 on the field. This would allow for opponent's Spell and Monster attachment to both of those beasts.

So take a look at my deck and don't hold back on criticism. This deck may be a mess because of my tweaks and that's why I need help. I mainly looking for better S/T support, draw power, and more ways to go R8NK while staying within the Cyber Galaxy format and obviously being TCG. I prefer making this as competitive as it can be.

Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon will eventually come to TCG and that will help this deck even further by allowing better access to Dark Matter and Full Armor Photon Dragon. So I felt that this was a good time to make adjustments before Cipher is out and about in the TCG. Thanks

Sanokal
31st May 2016, 03:35 AM
Have you given Trade-In a go? Three is too much, but two should work okay.

KingKaash
31st May 2016, 05:06 AM
Have you given Trade-In a go? Three is too much, but two should work okay.

Nope didn't know about it until now. Thanks. I think I'll try 2 and take out Overlay Regen and 1 Instant Fusion (1 Panzer also).

Sanokal
31st May 2016, 06:29 AM
All good. Galaxy Zero might be worth a try too, since it's almost never dead in hand.

KingKaash
4th June 2016, 04:50 AM
All good. Galaxy Zero might be worth a try too, since it's almost never dead in hand.

Since Trade-In will send a Galaxy Eyes to the grave, then Galaxy Zero helps too. Thanks!

Sanokal
4th June 2016, 04:54 AM
I can only hope that my advice really does help.

KingKaash
28th June 2016, 11:19 PM
So I changed a few things and found Guardian of Order was a good add. Not that anyone cares...

Sanokal
29th June 2016, 03:10 AM
So I changed a few things and found Guardian of Order was a good add. Not that anyone cares...

Do you specifically need the extra LIGHT? If not, Swarzhchild might be a better option; it's easier to summon and it's a dragon for Dark Matter.

KingKaash
2nd July 2016, 01:09 AM
Do you specifically need the extra LIGHT? If not, Swarzhchild might be a better option; it's easier to summon and it's a dragon for Dark Matter.

Swarzchild is a good option as well but believe it or not, getting two LIGHT monsters out in this deck isn't too hard so Guardian does fine. I do lose out on Dark Matter's effect because of the lack of dragons though.

I can't wait for Cipher and its evolution in the TCG though!

Sanokal
2nd July 2016, 01:56 AM
Swarzchild is a good option as well but believe it or not, getting two LIGHT monsters out in this deck isn't too hard so Guardian does fine. I do lose out on Dark Matter's effect because of the lack of dragons though.

I can't wait for Cipher and its evolution in the TCG though!

I meant do you need LIGHT monsters for Rank 8 purposes.

KingKaash
2nd July 2016, 09:21 PM
I meant do you need LIGHT monsters for Rank 8 purposes.

No not specifically for Rank 8. I need it more for Rank 5

Sanokal
2nd July 2016, 10:06 PM
No not specifically for Rank 8. I need it more for Rank 5

Ah, so you'd prefer Guardian just in case you'd need a LIGHT to discard for Soldier. Alright.