PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 108 Discussion: Entertainment vs Wrath

KingJinzo
5th June 2016, 11:21 AM
Edo is still pissed about his duel with Yuya.

Sawatari and Gongenzaka lost off-screen, and Gongenzaka was heavily handicapped by the tag dueling system, since Sawatari's deck is heavily dependent on Spell Cards, making it impossible to utilize his Superheavy Samurai deck to its full potential, and knowing Sawatari, he probably didn't even bother to considerate, and that is understandable, since he would handicap himself without his Spell Cards. Yuya is aware if he loses control of Yuto's anger, they would trigger their inner darkness.

Kurosaki and Yuya's deck have a better deck dynamic on the other hand and wouldn't interfere with each other.
Why summoned he Monkeyboard? The sisters keep adding Life Points whenever their opponent Special Summon monsters. It's the first time that Yuya uses Spell Card a second time aside from Smile World. Man, I love how Yuya trolls the Tyler Sisters with his Entertainment Dueling. And it works. And Edo is really pissed out about that. This episode has also a clear image. You don't accomplish something good with anger alone, and it completely backfired on Kurosaki. Yuya tries it in a peaceful way and in the way he really believes. And his duel with Jack wasn't for show. That's his road to success. In this arc, Yuya didn't win any duel with a different style this season and it had no positive effect on the opponent's mentality. But this time, he manages to influence the Tylers, which is the whole point of his style.

I like the fact how Yuya maintains the balance between Yuto and Kurosaki with his own mentality. And I like how Edo has a personal thing against Yuya, shaping him more and more into the arc villain, something that wasn't present with Roget. Roget had more something personal with Reiji, who confronted him in tactics and dueling.

However, next episode looks grim.

- The Tyler Sisters are interested in Yuya's Entertainment Dueling and wonder how he's gonna win against the Obelisk Force.
- Kurosaki... well, it doesn't look good for him. Don't waste his character! He might actually not lose and only loses consciousness (like Jonouchi).
- The thing about Yuya is that his inner darkness conflicts with his ideals and it had always negative impact on others, something what he's not intending. Odd-Eyes Rebellion might come in handy, but it's hard to imagine how to incorporate Odd-Eyes Rebellion with his Entertainment.

LolsterXD97
5th June 2016, 11:32 AM
Grace was definitively the cutetest thing in the episode. And the Miracle Rocket scene was beautiful too. I always expected Yuya egaoing someone in the war tbh, so I'm not surprised (also the preview already said Entertainment Dueling). Glad to see the guy has finally his thing resulting.

Even if the Duel was badly written, there were still some logical moves like Yuya checking a card (And what it did finally? It was never activated) and setting Monster Reborn so Shun could use it. They also commented on The Man's huge disadvantage during a Tag Duel. Shame they weren't new Amazonees, but at least Empress had another effect revealed so it wasn't only a Beowulf (which basically is being a better version of Quuen).

Also OF is finally using Chaos Giant, I shall take them seriously now. I hope Captain Falcon survives.

EmperorShun
5th June 2016, 12:11 PM
The episode was pretty cool. We got more information on Shingo & Gongenzaka tag duel then I expected. Also, Gloria & Grace are showing an excellent combo (hope they become real cards), but this archtype gains LP better then Aromage does. The duel was quick, Yuya used Dark Rebellion, Shun Rise Falcon, which was the only one attacking from their side. The Equip Spell RR - Iron Heart was lackluster on field, but amazing in grave. The RUM is exactly what I wanted since the Ultimate Falcon Duel (tho I would have liked RUM - Assault Attack Force better to fit the Theme of DDF and SSF^^). The duel ended very interesting, everyone was confused. Glad the Tyler enjoyed the duel. Maybe Grace has a crush on Yuya? :D

So we are left with Oberlisk Force against Shun & Yuya. From the preview, we can hear Shun saying that the Entertaiment Duel (most likely Yuyas) has been sealed. Yuya replies that he will duel his way anyway. We dont see any cards on Yuyas side, but 1 new Counter Trap (RR - Silent Roar) on Shuns side. Seems like Oberlisk Force has the upper hand. I need to see the cast list to confirm, but I think Kaito is on there. If he is, he may rescue Shun from certain death. Also, the RR backlog grew to 15 cards! Wonder how long it will take and how many will get to TCG land.

EP 108 link

http://streamin.to/embed-nk5yvtbymrsx-852x460.html
as always, thanks to lolster

ScionStorm
5th June 2016, 12:20 PM
"Amazoness Secret Hot Spring" sounds risque. :rolleyes:

Neo New and The Man. A deck that is heavily reliant on Spell cards working with a deck that is reliant on not having any Spell cards? Yeah that was never going to end well.

KingJinzo
5th June 2016, 12:33 PM
Neo New and The Man. A deck that is heavily reliant on Spell cards working with a deck that is reliant on not having any Spell cards? Yeah that was never going to end well.

I wonder why nobody came up with that idea that Gongenzaka is very bad in actual Tag Dueling.

Rygoken
5th June 2016, 01:08 PM
The episode was pretty cool. We got more information on Shingo & Gongenzaka tag duel then I expected. Also, Gloria & Grace are showing an excellent combo (hope they become real cards), but this archtype gains LP better then Aromage does. The duel was quick, Yuya used Dark Rebellion, Shun Rise Falcon, which was the only one attacking from their side. The Equip Spell RR - Iron Heart was lackluster on field, but amazing in grave. The RUM is exactly what I wanted since the Ultimate Falcon Duel (tho I
would have liked RUM - Assault Attack Force better to fit the Theme of DDF and SSF^^). The duel ended very interesting, everyone was confused. Glad the Tyler enjoyed the duel. Maybe Grace has a crush on Yuya? :D

So we are left with Oberlisk Force against Shun & Yuya. From the preview, we can hear Shun saying that the Entertaiment Duel (most likely Yuyas) has been sealed. Yuya replies that he will duel his way anyway. We dont see any cards on Yuyas side, but 1 new Counter Trap (RR - Silent Roar) on Shuns side. Seems like Oberlisk Force has the upper hand. I need to see the cast list to confirm, but I think Kaito is on there. If he is, he may rescue Shun from certain death. Also, the RR backlog grew to 15 cards! Wonder how long it will take and how many will get to TCG land.

EP 108 link

http://streamin.to/embed-nk5yvtbymrsx-852x460.html
as always, thanks to lolster

Wait do you have a link to the new RUM? I can't find it?

EmperorShun
5th June 2016, 02:17 PM
Wait do you have a link to the new RUM? I can't find it?

RR -Iron Heart
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkLoxFaWkAABhEx.jpg
(Q: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Raidraptor_-_Iron_Heart )

RUM - Escape Force
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkLpIGsWYAAKgyc.jpg
(Q: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rank-Up-Magic_Escape_Force )

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
5th June 2016, 02:20 PM
A bit risque?

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1465117465487.jpg

LolsterXD97
5th June 2016, 02:34 PM
A bit risque?

Fanservice ftw.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
5th June 2016, 02:47 PM
Fanservice ftw.
I'm told the female armpit is quite attractive.

Baconator
5th June 2016, 03:05 PM
Grace was definitively the cutetest thing in the episode. And the Miracle Rocket scene was beautiful too. I always expected Yuya egaoing someone in the war tbh, so I'm not surprised (also the preview already said Entertainment Dueling). Glad to see the guy has finally his thing resulting.

Even if the Duel was badly written, there were still some logical moves like Yuya checking a card (And what it did finally? It was never activated) and setting Monster Reborn so Shun could use it. They also commented on The Man's huge disadvantage during a Tag Duel. Shame they weren't new Amazonees, but at least Empress had another effect revealed so it wasn't only a Beowulf (which basically is being a better version of Quuen).

Also OF is finally using Chaos Giant, I shall take them seriously now. I hope Captain Falcon survives.

Knowing them, they'll all summon it turn 1. Doesn't that make them objectively better than Dennis?

LolsterXD97
5th June 2016, 03:07 PM
Knowing them, they'll all summon it turn 1. Doesn't that make them objectively better than Dennis?

Dennis has Performages (which have a shitload of Pendulums compared to all the other Lancers not named Yuya or Reiji and OTK-focused Xyzs), so Dennis is still better than them.

SynjoDeonecros
5th June 2016, 03:39 PM
A bit risque?

I activate Amazoness Boob Magnet! Now all non-Amazoness monsters have their ATK reduced to 0, are not destroyed by battle, and must attack Amazoness monsters on the field!

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
5th June 2016, 04:15 PM
I activate Amazoness Boob Magnet! Now all non-Amazoness monsters have their ATK reduced to 0, are not destroyed by battle, and must attack Amazoness monsters on the field!

So, are these twins using Amazoness decks to compensate for their own shortages in the chest region?

SynjoDeonecros
5th June 2016, 04:20 PM
So, are these twins using Amazoness decks to compensate for their own shortages in the chest region?

I would not be surprised, honestly : /

Destiny91
5th June 2016, 04:53 PM
So , I wonder how long will it be until we reach the point when they give Kurosaki a RUM to counter every single move that can be used in a duel.

At least I expect this one to be only for RR.

PK Launch already gave every deck that runs generic Rank3 access to Ophion.

C'mon Konami.

SynjoDeonecros
5th June 2016, 04:57 PM
My boyfriend's watching the episode right now, and one thing he noticed: when Amazoness Empress was summoned, Yuya used some sort of feature on his duel disk to look up the information on the card. I don't think ANY duelist, prior to this, has ever actually checked the effect of a card themselves; they always had to be told after the fact by the opponent.

So, does this mean he's leaps and bounds over the other protagonists in the competence spectrum?

Baconator
5th June 2016, 06:09 PM
Dennis has Performages (which have a shitload of Pendulums compared to all the other Lancers not named Yuya or Reiji and OTK-focused Xyzs), so Dennis is still better than them.

But chaos giant was still his big boss monster, and it took him several turns to summon it.

LolsterXD97
5th June 2016, 06:10 PM
But chaos giant was still his big boss monster, and it took him several turns to summon it.

It took exactly 3 turns (Dennis, Shun and Dennis).

yshipster
5th June 2016, 06:41 PM
This episode was pretty disappointing for me. I mean, Yuya used a card wich reduced battle damage to 0 and then inflicted effect damage equal to that amount, just to counter those Amazoness Traps... Empty Fishing all over again.

And after the Tyler sisters being hyped that much, they didn't do much in the end. They're whole strategie was like "If we won't get OTK'd, we win". I hoped for more new Amazoness monsters. And more Kurosaki. Not just a Rank-Up into Rank-Down strategie, to allow Yuya the OTK. I mean, this might have been his second last duel...

So , I wonder how long will it be until we reach the point when they give Kurosaki a RUM to counter every single move that can be used in a duel.

At least I expect this one to be only for RR.

PK Launch already gave every deck that runs generic Rank3 access to Ophion.

C'mon Konami.

It's basically a worse RUM - Raptor's Force, except that you don't take damage. Which isn't something you want with Avenge Vulture and Blade Burner Falcon...

He could have summoned it earlier, if he would have drawn AG Chaos Fusion earlier, but he didn't intended to reveal his true identity earlier, so there was no reason to summon him.

ScionStorm
5th June 2016, 06:42 PM
A bit risque?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/82/8a/bd/828abd1e10c3f799829701d252cd9864.jpg
You know it.

KingJinzo
5th June 2016, 06:43 PM
My boyfriend's watching the episode right now, and one thing he noticed: when Amazoness Empress was summoned, Yuya used some sort of feature on his duel disk to look up the information on the card. I don't think ANY duelist, prior to this, has ever actually checked the effect of a card themselves; they always had to be told after the fact by the opponent.

So, does this mean he's leaps and bounds over the other protagonists in the competence spectrum?

Well, since Yuya himself run the idiot ball several times by not looking up what card he's facing, I guess this is going to be a one time thing. Unless this scene proves that Yuya got better after losing to Sergey and he learnt from his mistake and he will look up what card he's facing in the future.

LolsterXD97
5th June 2016, 06:46 PM
Tbh the only reason the characters don't take a look at the opponent's cards most of the times is just plot armor.

ScionStorm
5th June 2016, 07:40 PM
Can I just say Yuya's Miracle Rocket Show is another reason to want Joey's last Battle City card, Attrition (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Attrition), to come out?

KingJinzo
5th June 2016, 07:45 PM
Can I just say Yuya's Miracle Rocket Show is another reason to want Joey's last Battle City card, Attrition (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Attrition), to come out?

If you like torturing Red-Eyes Black Dragon, maybe?

ScionStorm
5th June 2016, 07:47 PM
Attrition + Rocket Show in a Lunalight deck.

Actually Attrition would have to be reworded a certain way because it calculates off of damage incurred and Rocket Show reduces that damage to 0. So Attrition effect has to be more like: Reduce the monster's ATK by the Battle Damage your opponent would receive.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
5th June 2016, 07:49 PM
Well, since Yuya himself run the idiot ball several times by not looking up what card he's facing, I guess this is going to be a one time thing. Unless this scene proves that Yuya got better after losing to Sergey and he learnt from his mistake and he will look up what card he's facing in the future.

This is completely unprecedented by ANY duelist, I believe. The only times when a duelist was not surprised by a cards' effect is when they knew it based on prior knowledge. This "lookup feature" will probably NEVER be used again.

SynjoDeonecros
5th June 2016, 08:04 PM
Well, even if it doesn't get used again, this episode proves it exists, so fan speculation ahoy! I was going to say that it would have been cool if they used it more often, and only got the "no information given" error when they come across cards that are exclusive to a particular universe (like the Pendulums, Jack's Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend, exclusive fusions to the Fusion Dimension, etc.), but that seemed to be debunked by the duel disk having info on Amazoness Empress, so...

LolsterXD97
5th June 2016, 08:06 PM
Well, the GX Manga DID have one time where Judai tried to check what The Supremacy Sun's effect was via his Duel Disk and the card was blurred when he tried to, then a few seconds later Tragoedia revealed its effect. I would like to see something like that with monsters from other dimensions like you said, but it seems we are never going to see a player checking cards on a Duel Disk again...

ScionStorm
5th June 2016, 08:59 PM
It's more dramatic storytelling for those WTFIsThat!??! reactions from duelists and the characters verbally explaining their cards and strategies. Though not as practical.

SynjoDeonecros
5th June 2016, 09:54 PM
I guess, but it's only common courtesy and legal to ask the opponent for a refresh of their cards, in case you're coming across something that you don't recognize or don't fully remember, so while it's more dramatic to have them be completely ignorant about it until they're told (or telling the opponent the effect of a card that they've used against them several times before), it doesn't really give off a good standard for viewers who are using the anime to get into the game...

KingJinzo
5th June 2016, 10:00 PM
I guess, but it's only common courtesy and legal to ask the opponent for a refresh of their cards, in case you're coming across something that you don't recognize or don't fully remember, so while it's more dramatic to have them be completely ignorant about it until they're told (or telling the opponent the effect of a card that they've used against them several times before), it doesn't really give off a good standard for viewers who are using the anime to get into the game...

Well, they play with 4000 LP instead of 8000. And Duelist Kingdom was a mess back then.

SynjoDeonecros
5th June 2016, 10:20 PM
Well, cutting the base HP for both players in half is a good way of teaching newbies how to get into the game, same with cutting the lower limit of cards in a deck in half (like what they do with sealed pack deck tournaments). Duelist Kingdom is just bad for the game, but that was when the rules were being established; now that the rules have been established, and the anime is following those rules more or less perfectly, incorporating more aspects from the real game into the anime would be a good tutoring tool.

LolsterXD97
5th June 2016, 10:22 PM
Well, cutting the base HP for both players in half is a good way of teaching newbies how to get into the game, same with cutting the lower limit of cards in a deck in half (like what they do with sealed pack deck tournaments). Duelist Kingdom is just bad for the game, but that was when the rules were being established; now that the rules have been established, and the anime is following those rules more or less perfectly, incorporating more aspects from the real game into the anime would be a good tutoring tool.

Well, DSOD had Duels with 8000 LP, so that's something.

SynjoDeonecros
5th June 2016, 10:38 PM
Interesting, and this was one-on-one duels, right? Not 2 on 1 or whatever? Because I know sometimes, when they have multiple people in the same duel, and it's like one against everyone else, the one gets an LP boost to compensate...

LolsterXD97
6th June 2016, 02:46 AM
Interesting, and this was one-on-one duels, right? Not 2 on 1 or whatever? Because I know sometimes, when they have multiple people in the same duel, and it's like one against everyone else, the one gets an LP boost to compensate...

All of the Duels had 8000 LP. But this is off-topic so I will leave it here.

yshipster
6th June 2016, 01:16 PM
And the award for the worst timing goes to 109's preview:

The Falcon perishes on the battlefield - The fun has just begun!

Comun
6th June 2016, 02:01 PM
The card Yuya read was Slow Life and he did after Gloria said the effect out loud, so it's still entirely possible that effects remain hidden until they aren't.

SynjoDeonecros
6th June 2016, 03:39 PM
So, it's another example of Anime Ra Syndrome, eh? Bah...