PDA

View Full Version : Draconian War (Draconia Normal Pendulum Dec)

SynjoDeonecros
16th September 2015, 10:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/I1Qz9lc.png

This is a deck that, admittedly, I'm not happy about. I like the idea of Normal Pendulums, and the Dragoons of Draconia were an instant hit with me, but something just doesn't seem right about them. Maybe it's because I've had it twisted and mutilated by so many suggestions by the guys at Pojo that it just doesn't feel like my own deck, y'know? I remember a long and bitter feud I had with someone on there over the usefulness of the Genex combo for bringing out Synchros (said combo being dumping Atlantean Dragoons for Genex Undine's effect, getting out both Genex Controller and Sea Dragoons of Draconia with their effects); they kept insisting it was the best combo for the deck, I kept insisting that my playtesting in two such decks resulted in me hating the combo with a passion.

Essentially, I want to make it my own, and by that I mean make it an actual Draconia-based deck instead of just a Normal Pendulum deck with the Draconias thrown in. I want to utilize all three Draconias - Normal, Sea, and Sky - to their fullest, but I'm burned out on trying to make that work. Any suggestions would be highly welcome.

I have two more Draconia-based decks, but I'm not happy with those, either; they're a Level 4 based beatdown deck using all four of the Level 4 Normal 2000 ATK monsters out, right now, and a Dino-Rabbit build that is okay, but I'm having trouble balancing it. If anyone wants to see them, I'll post them up sometime later.

SynjoDeonecros
19th September 2015, 05:04 PM
Hmm. Looking to the future, I'm thinking of replacing Emissary of the Afterlife with Painful Decision, and somehow shoehorning in Relief Squad and Igknight Reload for more options and drawing power. Going to keep Odd-Eyes, though, since it can get me Sea Dragoons and Eccentrick.

SynjoDeonecros
24th September 2015, 12:08 AM
Well, so much for my hope for a fourth Dragoons of Draconia monster. Since it's unlikely I'll be able to use the new Reptier card in my deck (since it has no pendulum effect, and its monster effect likely will be anti-Normal Monster, given the storyline between them and Draconia), what should I do to improve on my Draconia deck?

SynjoDeonecros
27th September 2015, 11:11 PM
Still asking for help with this deck. Likely won't use the Reptier card, since I already have two Eccentrick, but want to do something to make it unique and improve on it .

Mystic TimeKeeper
28th September 2015, 08:29 AM
Just random thoughs, but since Sea Dragoons summons any normal monsters, how about a Blue-Eyes engine? You can't pendulum summon them but it works as discard fodder and surprise beater if you manage to keep the scale.

Granted, It's just an idea I got by looking at the list, but it may be cool to try.

EDIT: Actually trying it, it would overtake the deck before functioning correctly.

SynjoDeonecros
28th September 2015, 02:13 PM
If that's the case, then probably not a good idea to put it in.

On that note, should I even bother with a dedicated tuner monster, or should I put in a pair or a trio of Natural Tunes, so I can turn any of my normal pendulums into a tuner?

SynjoDeonecros
2nd October 2015, 03:24 AM
I think I'm going to try out Natural Tune instead of a dedicated tuner monster, give me more variety.

SynjoDeonecros
15th October 2015, 10:40 PM
Thanks to the new Dracoslayer monsters, I'd like some idea on how to revamp this deck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pendulum
16th October 2015, 04:21 PM
You could cut Sea Dragoons to one.
Remove Emissary of the Afterlife.
Maybe cut one Odd-Eyes, since you can't Pendulum Summon it later.
You could add Tenkis to search Dragoons of Draconia and try to preserve it in the Pendulum Zone (with Pendulum Impenetrable), since he is your main searcher.
I don't know how strong you want your deck to be, so I'm just giving random ideas.

Then just add a Dracoslayer engine. At least 2xLuster; At least 1xnew guy; 2xVector; 2xClash of Dracorivals (maybe this is to much for small engine. I don't know, I'd need to test).

You could cut the normal tuner too and use more Xyz. But I don't know if you'd like that. If you decide to use Xyz, you could also try to use the new Pendulum Reborn.

As to Extra Deck, just add 2xIgnister, 1xMajester (or more, since it searches), 2xFusion guy.

As I said, this is a bit random. I like Draconias and Dracoslayers too, but I haven't test them yet.

SynjoDeonecros
20th October 2015, 02:52 AM
I want to focus on the Dragoons, so if I can, I'll play 3 of all of the Dragoons. I don't like Tenki just to search for normal Dragoons. Also already Emissary for Painful Decision. Not sure what to do with the Tuners, if I want to go with the Normal Tuners, Natural Tune, or an Effect Tuner. I'll think about Pendulum Reborn when it comes out. Everything else I'll think about when they become relevant.

Also, I dropped Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth for Goyo Predator. Yeah, I know Guardian is better, but I only have access to Predator right now. It was either that or Psy-Framelord Zeta, and I didn't know which to put in.

Pendulum
20th October 2015, 09:04 AM
Painful Decision is way better than Tenki, I didn't remember that card existed. And it works wonders with Pendulum Reborn. As for the tuners, if you want a deck around Normal Monsters, Natural Tune seems a good choice. It gives versatility. But you could also use normal Tuners and use Dark Factory of Mass Production. It recovers not only the Tuners but dead Pendulums too.
And you could use First of the Dragons. Personally, I like it a lot.

SynjoDeonecros
20th October 2015, 02:25 PM
Eh, space is at a premium, and I'm already booked up. Dunno what I'd replace for First of the Dragons and Fusion Substitute, so yeah...

SynjoDeonecros
26th October 2015, 06:39 PM
Dino Rabbit Pendulum (https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnaez6bukpildop/Dino%20Rabbit%20Pendulum%20copy.jpg?dl=0)

Posting this up in the same thread, because it's the same idea; normal monsters with the Draconia pendulums.

Pendulum
26th October 2015, 06:48 PM
What happened to Sky Dragoons?? I thought you were going to use the maximum of Draconia you could. And Sky Dragoons has a very good effect, since it activates during the Damage Step.
Or is this just another deck completely different from the other?

SynjoDeonecros
26th October 2015, 06:50 PM
It's another deck, I had a bunch of Normal and Sea Dragoons, with some Dino Rabbit cards, so I decided to make that. I have a third deck that is similar, but uses the 2000 ATK level 4 Normal monsters that I'm thinking of dismantling.

Pendulum
26th October 2015, 07:00 PM
Oh I see.
You're doing this with your spare cards, right? You could throw in some revival cards, since a lot of those pendulums are gonna end up on the graveyard. And 20 monsters seems to little. Have you tested it? Don't you go out of resources too early?

SynjoDeonecros
26th October 2015, 07:21 PM
No, I haven't, honestly.

SynjoDeonecros
26th October 2015, 10:03 PM
Which is better for my deck, Igknight Reload or Wavering Eyes? I'm thinking of dropping one and going triple on Painful Decision and either dropping the Natural Tunes for some actual normal tuners (like Tune Warrior or Genex Controller), or putting in a second Pot of Wealth.

Pendulum
26th October 2015, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I agree. You could try to fit some Dark Factory of Mass Production. It retrieves normal monsters from the grave. And could try Labradorite and Leo, the Keeper of the Scared Tree along with it. Labradorite can be searched with Summoner's art too.
I know you don't have space for all of this. I'm just giving you some ideas and you as you like the most.

- - - Updated - - -

But you could switch one Giganticastle for a Leo.

SynjoDeonecros
27th October 2015, 02:28 AM
Eh, honestly, I'm not really sure about that. More likely, I'll go with Galaxy Serpent for some Level 5 Synchro options.

SynjoDeonecros
6th November 2015, 08:10 PM
So, it's pretty clear to me that I won't be able to get any Luster Pendulums, at the rate they're running, which sucks. Anyone know of a good replacement for them, or do I have to have them for my deck? I've got 2 Samurai Cavalry of Reptier, but I dunno if I wanna use those...

Pendulum
6th November 2015, 09:07 PM
Could you post a picture just for us to see how is your deck right now? It would be easier.
But post it with the Lusters, please.

SynjoDeonecros
6th November 2015, 09:19 PM
Could you post a picture just for us to see how is your deck right now? It would be easier.
But post it with the Lusters, please.

The current build is linked in the OP, so check there.

Pendulum
6th November 2015, 10:32 PM
Oh ok.
Do you have Ignister? If you don't, just throw a Synchro Leo. Even if you have, try to throw a Synchro Leo and a Star Eater. Consider Armades, if you have the chance to get one. Remove one Giganticastle. Personally I love that card but it's not very good. One is more than enough.
Without Luster, you lose search power and easy acces to Ignister, but that's not that bad. Try Lancephorhynchus or Foucault's Cannon. They're both searchable by Summoner's Art.
Cards like Raigeki can come in handy, but this is a real life deck, right? So I don't know if you have spare Raigekis or Dark Holes or MSTs to use here. You can also add one more Wavering-Eyes.
Or you could add Flash Knight and RotA and use more Rank 4. But I wouldn't choose this option.
I'd throw Poly-like cards (Dragon's Mirror, Fusion Substitute or even Poly) and use First of the Dragons. That's a very cool card. Try it.

SynjoDeonecros
6th November 2015, 10:36 PM
I do have Ignister. This is RL, so I don't have any spare Raigeki or Dark Hole to use in it, sadly. I do have a couple of Fusion Substitutes I can use, and am using them right now in the unfinished deck, but I took them out because I thought the Dracoslayer Fusion was better than First of the Dragons.

Pendulum
6th November 2015, 10:41 PM
The Dracoslayer Fusion is good. Very good, actually. But First of the Dragons can be really annoying to deal with. I used to use three in a deck I had. Now I use only one and I run a generic Pendulum engine just because of it. It's very cool.
It could stall a bit, since it's not affected by nor destroyed by battle with Effect Monsters, and give you time to prepare future plays. And since you're using Pendulums to summon it, you don't lose advantage.

SynjoDeonecros
7th November 2015, 02:44 PM
I'll think about it. Honestly, I'm not sure about the entire extra deck, especially since I can't seem to decide on what to do with the tuners.

SynjoDeonecros
12th November 2015, 08:59 PM
So, I got my 2 Painful Decisions in the mail, but I'm not sure if I want to go for a third, or if I should just invest in a pair of Igknight Reload, like I had planned, especially now that it seems Painful Decision has risen in price.

Also, and again, I need advice on what to do with my extra deck. I'm not happy with what to do with the tuner/synchro part of it, but I don't want to just scrap them for something else. Got any suggestions?

Pendulum
13th November 2015, 12:22 AM
Go with Igknight Reload. It hads more fun to the deck, I think.

Have you tried First of the Dragons already. I'll keep saying it's awesome. If you haven't tried it yet, just try it. As for more synchros, I already gave you my choices and opinions, so... Just try them online and go for the ones you like the most.

SynjoDeonecros
13th November 2015, 12:49 AM
Thing is, i don't know if I want more or less Synchros; again, I'm having trouble finding a good set of tuners to use, or if I want to use tuners or Natural Tune for the deck. It's really frustrating.

And dude, chill out about First of the Dragons. I already have it in my deck. I just think that the Dracoslayer Fusion is a higher priority and a better card, right now.

Drakylon
13th November 2015, 04:29 AM
I've found Labradorite Dragon to be a good tuner for Normal Pendulum decks, alongside Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon. Alternatively, Tune Warrior can be searched via RotA and The Warrior Returning Alive and is a lot more flexible than Labradorite in Synchroing.

Pendulum
13th November 2015, 09:36 AM
Thing is, i don't know if I want more or less Synchros; again, I'm having trouble finding a good set of tuners to use, or if I want to use tuners or Natural Tune for the deck. It's really frustrating.

If you want less Synchros that means you want more Xyz?
Just read my posts again, I tried to give you a lot of suggestions, since I've been playing a Normal Pendulum deck since SECE. I've tried a lot of things.
Drakylon's suggestion is not bad. Labradorite can be searched with Summoner's Art and be retrieved from the Graveyard with Dark Factory. On the other hand it's not very versatile, since it's a level 6, but you could use it for higher level Synchros, like Star Eater, for instance.
But I think I already told you this.
And since you're using Pendulums, Synchro seems better than Xyz.

And dude, chill out about First of the Dragons. I already have it in my deck. I just think that the Dracoslayer Fusion is a higher priority and a better card, right now.

How the hell am I supposed to know that if you haven't uploaded your deck's picture nor mentioned that before?
And the dracoslayer fusion hasn't been released yet. I thought you were making this in real life and now.
And yes, the dracoslayer fusion is a better card, obviously.

SynjoDeonecros
13th November 2015, 03:36 PM
No, I didn't say I wanted more Xyz, I'm saying I'm thinking of reducing the number of my extra deck entirely.

Pendulum
13th November 2015, 04:31 PM
Using less than 15 cards? Why would you?
You don't have anything to lose. By maxing your extra deck, you give yourself more options. Why would you discard that opportunity?

SynjoDeonecros
13th November 2015, 05:51 PM
Again, I'm not satisfied with my options with Tuners. I'm honestly thinking of just ditching all but the base Extra cards I need, meaning the fusions and Ignister Prominence.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd November 2015, 08:04 PM
I think I'm going to just stick with 2 each of the Fusion, Xyz, and Synchro Dracoslayer and 2 First of the Dragons, for now. Dunno what else to put in. Might end up dropping the Synchro Dracoslayer if I can't get 2 Luster Pendulum (and with my budget, that's a high possibility).

Pendulum
22nd November 2015, 08:35 PM
You could use MeteorBurst when it comes out. It has a very good effect.
Try to fill your Extra Deck completely. Search other generic Synchros you may like. Vulcan, Nothung, Samsara. I don't know. With Natural Tune, you can go for a lot of things.

SynjoDeonecros
30th November 2015, 09:04 PM
I have Vulcan, and Meteorburst Dragon seems like an interesting card to add in, and it should be easy to get, since it's in a structure deck. I'll experiment around, right now...

http://i.imgur.com/1uWATOW.png

EDIT: So, because of how high the price for Luster Pendulum is, I decided to unfortunately cut him entirely. I'll try to get 2 Master Pendulums when I get the chance, when it comes out, but I can't guarantee it.

Pendulum
30th November 2015, 09:17 PM
Vulcan is good because you can bounce Pendulum Scales to switch them with others.
MeteorBurst is very good. It prevents hard cards to run over like Deskbot 004, Bujins, and it can even run over S39. It also stops Hand Traps.
Test it and other ideas you may have and then come back here and tell us how it was.

SynjoDeonecros
30th November 2015, 10:18 PM
Well, my boyfriend's interested in getting the Pendulum Magician cards from the upcoming structure so he can try to build Majespecter Magicians (and supplement things without Raccoon), so any Meteorburst Dragons he gets from the decks, I can add into my deck.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd December 2015, 10:14 PM
Can't seem to find a third Mandragon, so I replaced it with Foucault's Cannon. Also, if Igknight Reload doesn't work out, I'm thinking of replacing them with a third Wavering Eyes and a second Pot of Wealth.

SynjoDeonecros
3rd December 2015, 06:12 PM
Should I even bother with Master Pendulum, or should I stick with Samurai Cavalry of Reptier for my scale 3 Pendulum?

SynjoDeonecros
5th December 2015, 11:48 PM
Hmm. I'm debating doing a complete overhaul of this deck for optimum Normal Monster abuse. Suggestions? As much as I don't like to admit, here's what I'm thinking:

1. Removing Sea Dragoons (I'll be filling my deck up with Pendulum monsters, so using its effect is kinda redundant)
2. Putting in Lancephorhynchus and/or Dragon Horn Hunter
3. Maxing out on Master Pendulum OR replacing it with Mandragon/Flash Knight.
4. Taking out Igknight Reload and putting in a third Wavering Eyes and a second Pot of Wealth.

SynjoDeonecros
6th December 2015, 11:06 PM
Blegh. I dunno what to do with this deck, anymore. I think I'm going to drop it, for now, and focus on my Dino-Rabbit build, especially with the next promo supposedly being a dino.

SynjoDeonecros
16th December 2015, 06:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PxptGzF.png

With Dino-Rabbit moving away from Normal Pendulums and into the Draconia enemies archetype, I'm forced to revamp this deck. Dunno what to put for the last 2 cards, and I'm seriously thinking of removing Tyrant's Throes for something like Heat Wave or something. Options?

EDIT: I'm thinking of getting rid of Tyrant's Throes and put something else in. Got any suggestions?

SynjoDeonecros
30th December 2015, 05:18 PM
I'm thinking of ditching Tyrant's Throes and Odd-Eyes, but I dunno what to replace them with. Suggestions?

SynjoDeonecros
3rd January 2016, 09:36 PM
So, I guess this deck is pretty much dead; everyone on Pojo who was running it is dismantling it, now, which means I have no real Pendulum deck, and no use for my Archfiend Eccentricks. Sad, honestly; I tried really hard to build up the money for the cards in it...

Jolan
3rd January 2016, 10:38 PM
So, I guess this deck is pretty much dead; everyone on Pojo who was running it is dismantling it, now, which means I have no real Pendulum deck, and no use for my Archfiend Eccentricks. Sad, honestly; I tried really hard to build up the money for the cards in it...

Drop the Eccentricks for your BF's Majespecters; I know I would want those if I still had intentions of completing the deck at least.

SynjoDeonecros
9th January 2016, 02:00 AM
Hmm. Someone on Pojo mentioned using Heart of the Underdog with Dark Doriado to stack your deck with the Draconias and an Earth Normal Pendulum (likely Mandragon) for some drawing action. Sounds like an interesting idea, so I'm going to test it.

SynjoDeonecros
9th January 2016, 05:33 PM
Monsters:
Dragoons of Draconia x3
Mandragon x3
Sea Dragoons of Draconia x3
Sky Dragoons of Draconia x3
Dark Doriado x2
Archfiend Eccentrick x2

Spells:
Natural Tune x2
MST x2
Moon Mirror Shield x2
Heart of the Underdog x2
Summoner's Art x3
Wavering Eyes x3
Fusion Substitute x2
Heat Wave x2

Traps:
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Compulsory Evacuation Device x1
Skill Drain x1
Solemn Warning x1
Dark Bribe x2

Extra Deck:
First of the Dragons x2
Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer x1
Crimson Blader x1
HTS Psyhemuth x1
Vulcan the Divine x1
Metaphys Horus x1
Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon x1
Black Rose Dragon x1
Clear Wing Synchro Dragon x1
Leo, Keeper of the Sacred Tree x1
Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon x1
Yazi, Evil of the Yang Zing x1
Daigusto Emeral x1
Majester Paladin, the Ascending Dracoslayer x1

So, here's the deck I'm thinking of making. What do you guys think?

Pendulum
9th January 2016, 05:37 PM
Skill Drain x2

You can only have one in TCG.

Why 3 Sea Dragoons?

SynjoDeonecros
9th January 2016, 05:43 PM
Mostly to keep to the Draconia theme and to work with Doriado, since there's no real substitute I can put in; Doriado requires you to put a Wind, Water, Earth, and Fire monster from your deck on top of your deck, and Heart of the Underdog, which this combo revolves around, only works with Normal Monsters, so I need a Water Normal Pendulum to make the combo work.

Pendulum
9th January 2016, 06:07 PM
Ah I see. Right.
The only other WATER Normal Pendulum Monster would be Dragonpit.

SynjoDeonecros
9th January 2016, 06:58 PM
Sea Dragoons works more for me, since I can hit it with Natural Tune and Synchro into level 6-level 8 monsters with it.

Pendulum
9th January 2016, 07:56 PM
Yeah, yeah. Stick with it.
Dragonpit would be more useful if you were running OEPD and the likes.

SynjoDeonecros
13th January 2016, 01:21 AM
So, I replaced 1 of the Moon Mirror Shields for a Pot of Riches, and got rid of CED for a third Doriado. Need to get a Crimson Blader for this deck, to ensure I can go into enough level 8 Synchros. I don't want to get Angel Trumpeter, when it comes out, next set, because it'll cut me out of the level 6 Synchros, but I'm not sure if Tune Warrior is worth having instead of Natural Tune.

Pendulum
13th January 2016, 11:57 AM
Natural Tune gives you more flexibility, but having a Normal Tuner can be better since you're using Heart of the Underdog.
I don't see any problem in trying Tune Warrior and even grabbing one Angel Trumpeter, especially if you can recycle them.

SynjoDeonecros
14th January 2016, 08:29 PM
I don't think I have any way of recycling them, except for Azure-Eyes, so that might not be a good option. If I do put in a couple of Tune Warrior, should I drop Eccentrick? Space in this deck is extremely tight, as-is.

SynjoDeonecros
17th January 2016, 06:16 PM
Should I put Master Pendulum in this deck or no? I've got 3 of them, but I'm not sure if it's a good enough option for it.

Pendulum
17th January 2016, 06:45 PM
You could go with a mini-Draco engine. Master + Vector + Draco Face-Off for instant setting and deck thinning, while kipping the Normal monster theme.

SynjoDeonecros
17th January 2016, 07:09 PM
Vector Pendulum is too expensive for me; I only managed to get 3 Master Pendulum, because of the new rarity structure for the set. Besides, they're both scale 3, and I want to keep high and low scales balanced, so...

SynjoDeonecros
18th January 2016, 07:28 PM
So, I'm going to drop Master Pendulum from this deck, I don't think my deck likes it. On that note, I dunno if I should move my Majester Pendulum from the extra deck to my Dinomist deck. Suggestions?

Pendulum
18th January 2016, 07:46 PM
What's the problem with Master Pendulum? How many were you running?
I think Majester works better here. I mean, this deck needs more of him than the Dinomist, I'd say.

SynjoDeonecros
21st January 2016, 06:28 PM
I'm running 3, right now. Don't have any Vector Pendulums to exploit it with Draco Face-Off, though.

SynjoDeonecros
24th January 2016, 10:27 PM
Should I go with Synchro or Xyz monsters for this deck? I keep flip-flopping on either having a dedicated Tuner or Natural Tune in this deck, but I don't have any way of bringing back Pendulums when I use them for Xyz materials...

SynjoDeonecros
19th February 2016, 02:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0uJ8iJ1.png
http://i.imgur.com/qWkzcw6.png

I dunno which deck is the better option. Thoughts?

Erickdsl
19th February 2016, 05:34 PM
The second one looks a bit better, just replace 1 summoner's art with the third heart of the underdog and maybe the moon mirror shield and pot of riches for more normals.

SynjoDeonecros
19th February 2016, 05:54 PM
Hmm. Well, if it wasn't so expensive, I'd put in a couple of Vector Pendulums, but they're still at over $20 a pop, so...

SynjoDeonecros
20th March 2016, 02:25 AM
I guess, if need be, I can replace them with Dragon Horn Hunter or Foucault's Cannon. Which do you think will work better?

SynjoDeonecros
24th March 2016, 11:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VMZimB4.png

So, I'm going to work with this. It's not that great, but I like it. Technically, I can get away with just the tuners, the Dragoons, Mandragon, and Dark Doriado, but the more normal Pendulums the better, right?

SynjoDeonecros
8th April 2016, 05:07 PM
So, Wavering Eyes is banned and Ignister Prominence is limited. I wonder how I'm going to fix my deck to reflect that?

SynjoDeonecros
22nd April 2016, 11:18 PM
Extra Deck:
First of the Dragons x3
Generic Rank 4 Xyz x12

Monsters:
Dragoons of Draconia x3
Sky Dragoons of Draconia x2
Dark Doriado x3
Rescue Rabbit x1
Gene-Warped Warwolf x3
Alexandrite Dragon x3
Mystery Shell Dragon x3
Phantom Gryphon x3

Spells:
Archfiend's Oath x3
Polymerization x2
Dark Factory of Mass Production x3
Heart of the Underdog x3

Traps:
Tyrant's Throes x2
Skill Drain x1
Solemn Warning x1
Bottomless Trap Hole x1

So, decided to revamp my deck. Not sure if I should keep Alexandrite Dragon or Mystery Shell Dragon, since they don't do anything with Dark Doriado, but they're level 4 normal beatsticks, so...

Also, decided to ditch the Synchro engine; it was too hard for me to accommodate it in this deck, and Rank 4 is much easier for me to work with, even if I need to take cards from my other decks to do it...

DelCtrl
27th April 2016, 09:14 PM
I think you can remove Alexandrite Dragon and Mystery Shell Dragon safely, as you probably can go into an Xyz if you need raw ATK. In their place, I guess you can try with more pendulums, maybe Dragonvein and Dragonpit Magicians, as they can be searched by Doriado, are normal monsters for Heart of the Underdog and they offer both nice scales and utility.

Also, if you're going into a lot of Xyz, Pendulum Back can be a good option to recover monsters used as Overlay Units, though it is slow and you need to have your scales set for it to be live.

SynjoDeonecros
27th April 2016, 10:45 PM
Y'know, I didn't think of The Dragon Magicians. I'll think about them, but to be honest, I think I may just drop it altogether and go with a deck filled with just the three Draconias, Doriado, and Mandragon.

I'm still not sure what to do with synchro vs. Xyz; I can't seem to incorporate either very well into this deck, although I could use Pendulum Reborn to bring back any monsters used as a material for the latter.

SynjoDeonecros
28th April 2016, 03:44 PM
So, I have a Dragonpit and Dragonpulse, and bought a second copy of each, but thanks to how expensive Dragonpit is, I don't have enough to buy a third copy. Will 2 work for my purposes, or do I need 3?

DelCtrl
28th April 2016, 05:49 PM
IMO 2 of each would be enough, you aren't depending upon the Magicians, so I guess it will work.

SynjoDeonecros
5th May 2016, 03:47 PM
Okay, I ordered a second copy of both of the Dragon Magicians.

SynjoDeonecros
6th May 2016, 03:54 PM
Found my copies of Odd-Eyes Advent, so I'm thinking, since I can't put them in my Draco Cavalry Deck, I can put them and a pair of Amorphactor Pains in here, along with a Luster Pendulum. What do you think? If I do, I'm thinking of replacing the Mandragons with a third Tune Warrior (or replace the Tune Warriors with Angel Trumpeter, but that loses me out on Metaphys Horus, which I don't want) and a pair of Vector Pendulums or Lector Pendulums.

SynjoDeonecros
10th May 2016, 12:43 AM
Blegh. Had to drop the Magicians, since the order I made for a second one of each of them got lost in the mail. Hopefully, my order for the second Amorphactor Pain doesn't follow suit, especially since I also ordered a trio of Angel Trumpeter and two each of Dinomist Eruption and Dinomist Spinos.

SynjoDeonecros
10th May 2016, 12:54 AM
Extra Deck:
First of the Dragons x2
Metaphys Horus x1
Gaia Knight the Force of Earth x1
Angel of Zera x1
Ignister Prominence x1
Rhapsody in Berserk x1
Majester Paladin x1
Daigusto Emeral x1
Volcasaurus x1
Tiras x1

Monsters:
Dragoons of Draconia x3
Sky Dragoons of Draconia x3
Dark Doriado x3
Mandragon x3
Luster Pendulum x1
Tune Warrior/Angel Trumpeter x2
Amorphactor Pain, the Imagination Dracoverlord x2

Spells:
Archfiend's Oath x3
Polymerization x2
Odd-Eyes Advent x2
Heart of the Underdog x3
Unexpected Dai x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x2

Traps:
Tyrant's Throes x2
Skill Drain x1
Solemn Warning x1
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Echo Oscillation x2

SynjoDeonecros
13th May 2016, 08:18 PM
I would drop the Tune Warriors and replace the Mandragons with Angel Trumpeter, but I don't want to drop the level 6 Synchros, especially Metaphys Horus. Anyone got any suggestions?

Sanokal
13th May 2016, 09:24 PM
I would drop the Tune Warriors and replace the Mandragons with Angel Trumpeter, but I don't want to drop the level 6 Synchros, especially Metaphys Horus. Anyone got any suggestions?

How vital are the Synchros to the deck? If you don't want to drop them then you could cut the ratios down and include both; the Angel Trumpeter is to help with stuff like Ignister, right?

SynjoDeonecros
13th May 2016, 09:46 PM
Basically. Both tuners are Earth Normal monsters, so they can be brought out with the Dark Doriado and HotU/Archfiend's Oath combo... But I only have 2 Tune Warriors and 3 Angel Trumpeters, so that would be a bit off-balance...

I mean, I guess I could cut an Angel Trumpeter for a second Unexpected Dai, but that would leave me an odd number of monsters, and my brain just doesn't like that...

Sanokal
13th May 2016, 11:08 PM
Basically. Both tuners are Earth Normal monsters, so they can be brought out with the Dark Doriado and HotU/Archfiend's Oath combo... But I only have 2 Tune Warriors and 3 Angel Trumpeters, so that would be a bit off-balance...

I mean, I guess I could cut an Angel Trumpeter for a second Unexpected Dai, but that would leave me an odd number of monsters, and my brain just doesn't like that...

Hmm. Sounds like the ratios might need testing.

SynjoDeonecros
13th May 2016, 11:39 PM
Yeah. Also, right now, without Mandragon, the only low scale I have is Dragoons of Draconia; everything else is either 5 or 7...

SynjoDeonecros
15th May 2016, 04:56 PM
Decided to stick with Tune Warrior at 2, and dropped Skill Drain for a second Unexpected Dai. I kinda wish Mandragon was leve 6, so I could have a nice spread of Normal Pendulum monsters from 3-6 for use with their scales, and I had maximum options for Synchros/Xyzs... I guess I could've dropped Sky Dragoons for Lancephorhynchus, but that would seem a bit silly to me...

SynjoDeonecros
18th May 2016, 01:49 AM
Decided to scrap the Dark Doriado engine (couldn't find a good balance in Normal Pendulums to use it with), and focus on pure Normal Pendulum strategies. As such, I added in a pair of Angel Trumpeter and put back in the Skill Drain.

SynjoDeonecros
30th May 2016, 03:28 PM
Monsters:
Dragoons of Draconia x3
Sea Dragoons x3
Sky Dragoons x3
Foucault's Cannon x3
Lancephorhynchus x3
Dragon Horn Hunter x3
Angel Trumpeter x2
Tune Warrior x2

Spells:
Summoner's Art x2
Unexpected Dai x2
MST x2
Polymerization x2
Heart of the Underdog x3

Traps:
Solemn Warning x1
Skill Drain x1
Tyrant's Throes x2
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Echo Oscillation x2

Extra:
First of the Dragons x2
Angel of Zera x1
Vulcan the Divine x1
Ignister Prominence x1
Metaphys Horus x1
Daigusto Emeral x1
Constellar Ptolemy M7 x1
Volcasaurus x1
Giga-Brilliant x1
Majester Paladin x1
Adreus x1

SynjoDeonecros
14th June 2016, 08:14 PM
Swapped out an Unexpected Dai from this deck with a Painful Decision from my DracoRex deck, so they each have 1 Dai and 1 Decision.

SynjoDeonecros
16th June 2016, 04:38 PM
Tempted to drop the Echo Oscillations for a second Unexpected Dai and a third Summoner's Art. What do you guys think?

Sanokal
17th June 2016, 09:35 AM
More monster spam (especially when summoning Angel Trumpeter) is never a bad thing.

Drakylon
17th June 2016, 07:33 PM
Echo Oscillation's too slow to be of much use, so dropping it isn't a bad idea. If you have any left, Master Pendulum and a Dinoster Powerful would be quite useful for protecting your monsters. Unexpected Dai and Summoner's Art aren't bad options either.

SynjoDeonecros
18th June 2016, 12:14 AM
My Dracoslayers are all in their own deck, so I can't really add them in.

SynjoDeonecros
20th June 2016, 02:25 PM
Okay, added the cards to my deck. Hopefully, they'll be of some use.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd June 2016, 05:59 PM
I have an extra space in my Extra Deck. What should I use it for? A third First of the Dragons, another Synchro, another Xyz, or what?

Sanokal
22nd June 2016, 08:04 PM
I have an extra space in my Extra Deck. What should I use it for? A third First of the Dragons, another Synchro, another Xyz, or what?

You were having problems with finding space for synchros right? Could be an opportunity to fit them in.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd June 2016, 08:37 PM
Well, I have 2 each of level 6, 7, and 8 Synchros, and I have already sold off my Azure-Eyes Silver Dragons. I also dunno where my other Leo, Keeper of the Sacred Tree copies are...

Sanokal
22nd June 2016, 08:48 PM
Ah, okay. You probably don't need more than two First of the Dragons, so maybe another xyz?

SynjoDeonecros
22nd June 2016, 11:54 PM
Well, I don't have many other Xyz that can fit that I can put in; I do have an extra Acid Golem of Destruction, which can work with the Skill Drain I have in the deck, but I'm not entirely sure about it...

SynjoDeonecros
8th July 2016, 03:29 PM
I decided to put in a Photon Strike Bounzer, for the 15th extra deck card.

Sanokal
8th July 2016, 08:18 PM
Never a bad card to have.