PDA

View Full Version : (INOV) - Graydle Slime Jr.

GeneralSteps
9th June 2016, 02:49 AM
Since theres no thread on it yet. Thoughts on the card?

http://i66.tinypic.com/5a3ki9.png

LV 2 Water Aqua Type

When normal summoned, you can special summon 1 Graydle monster in your graveyard, then you can SS one aqua monster of the same level from your hand. If this card is destroyed by battle you can SS one graydle monster from your deck.

SynjoDeonecros
9th June 2016, 03:12 AM
I like it. Likely will be the only Graydle support we'll get in this set, but I like it. Helps speed things up and makes getting rank 3 water Xyzs or Graydle Dragon much easier.

R3QU13M
9th June 2016, 09:45 AM
A good example of one card helping extend an archetype pure playstyle without having to rely on hybrid capabilities. With that being said, this card is the XX-Saber Faultroll and Emmersblade of the deck. Helps assist summoning the archetype's boss with ease, Graydle Dragon and brings out Sea Dragon Gishilnolon without any problems either. Contributes to Rank 3 and 5 Xyz plays too. Especially giving Graydle decks an out to RR Ultimate Falcon without Kaijus using Number 73: Abyss Splash (something to consider in Dinomist too). While also being deadly when in destroyed in battle.

ScionStorm
9th June 2016, 10:31 AM
Why not just post this in the INOV thread?

darkgod789
10th June 2016, 10:27 AM
Whole card text

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 "Graydle" monster in your Graveyard; you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except WATER monsters, also Special Summon that target, then you can Special Summon 1 Aqua-Type monster with the same Level from your hand. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Graydle" monster from your Deck.

Could we talk about the trish enabler for greydles? Normal summon slime Jr, special greydle from grave, summon silent angler from hand. 4+3+2=9. Also slime Jr compliments slime Sr. Jr summons eagle, Sr destroys Jr and eagle, Sr summons a greydle from grave and eagle steals an opponent's monster then dragon FTW. I'm tempted to run de-synchro for lolz since it allows you to use trish's effect again for more banishing. It will probably be a 1-2 of.

XBrain130
10th June 2016, 10:37 AM
Could we talk about the trish enabler for greydles? Normal summon slime Jr, special greydle from grave, summon silent angler from hand. 4+3+2=9. Also slime Jr compliments slime Sr. Jr summons eagle, Sr destroys Jr and eagle, Sr summons a greydle from grave and eagle steals an opponent's monster then dragon FTW. I'm tempted to run de-synchro for lolz since it allows you to use trish's effect again for more banishing. It will probably be a 1-2 of.

Read the effect more closely.

"then you can Special Summon 1 Aqua-Type monster with the same Level"

This means it an only Summon Aqua-Type Levels 2, 3, 5, and 8. So no Trish. (And Silent Angler is Fish-Type.)

Also, the reaction of my female Graydle-using OC:
http://pre00.deviantart.net/db31/th/pre/f/2016/160/0/9/new_card_by_xbrain130-da5l7t4.png

Indytotof
10th June 2016, 10:40 AM
Read the effect more closely.

"then you can Special Summon 1 Aqua-Type monster with the same Level"

This means it an only Summon Aqua-Type Levels 2, 3, 5, and 8. So no Trish. (And Silent Angler is Fish-Type.)

Also, the reaction of my female Graydle-using OC:
http://pre00.deviantart.net/db31/th/pre/f/2016/160/0/9/new_card_by_xbrain130-da5l7t4.png

You realize Silent Angler can SS itself from hand when you control WATER Monster(s) right ?

XBrain130
10th June 2016, 10:42 AM
You realize Silent Angler can SS itself from hand when you control WATER Monster(s) right ?

*facepalm*

darkgod789
10th June 2016, 11:08 AM
Basically what indy said.

SynjoDeonecros
10th June 2016, 04:25 PM
Of course people would go with possibilities for summoning Trishula. I'm sorry, but that card is vastly overrated, and I'm not going to put it in my deck, any time in the near or distant future. Besides, I can't afford it, so yeah...

ARKhaven
10th June 2016, 06:57 PM
Of course people would go with possibilities for summoning Trishula. I'm sorry, but that card is vastly overrated, and I'm not going to put it in my deck, any time in the near or distant future. Besides, I can't afford it, so yeah...

Well the thing is, Trish is probably one of the best Synchro monsters with generic materials to summon, especially with this deck since they have that Water Monster restriction. In terms of Synchro Monsters being powerful, it's usually either gonna be Trish or Crystal Wing. The others unfortunately can't keep up. And what other Water Synchro monsters are viable? I can probably think of 4 for this deck that are REALLY good. Not Graydle Dragon, I'm talking about something with enough power to make a name for itself that are viable with Slime Boy Jr here.

On the actual topic, slime boy jr is pretty good. Too bad I can't use the other nickname I had for him. Or for the entire archetype in general.

SynjoDeonecros
10th June 2016, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry, but Trishula should be banned and burned as the overpriced, overhyped piece of cardboard it is. I don't see the appeal to it, and I honestly don't like people praising it like the next messiah of Yugioh or something. But that's just me...

As for the card itself, it's definitely worthwhile. Figuring out ratios for it and the main Slime, along with the rest of the Graydles, is the issue, now...

darkgod789
10th June 2016, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry, but Trishula should be banned and burned as the overpriced, overhyped piece of cardboard it is. I don't see the appeal to it, and I honestly don't like people praising it like the next messiah of Yugioh or something. But that's just me...

As for the card itself, it's definitely worthwhile. Figuring out ratios for it and the main Slime, along with the rest of the Graydles, is the issue, now...

Aren't you the same one who refused to run skill drain in kaiju greydles just because top builds didn't use it without even trying it yourself. So we seriously can't take you seriously when you say that. Also the irony that this is a greydle thread.

For those who are curious about what i'm refering to, read this http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/topic/179774-graydlekaiju-deck/. read the whole thread.

Baconator
10th June 2016, 07:34 PM

You don't see the appeal non-targeting non-destruction field removal, banishing key cards from the graveyard, and reducing the opponents hand by one all at the same time? Hell, it isn't even OPT.

darkgod789
10th June 2016, 07:36 PM

Aren't you the same one who refused to run skill drain in kaiju greydles just because top builds didn't use it without even trying it yourself. So we seriously can't take you seriously when you say that. Also the irony that this is a greydle thread.

For those who are curious about what i'm refering to, read this http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/topic/179774-graydlekaiju-deck/. read the whole thread.

So is skill drain a overhyped card that should be banned and burned?

Oops, didn't meant to double post here when i was trying to edit the post.

SynjoDeonecros
10th June 2016, 07:44 PM
Darkgod, if you're going to bring up arguments on other forums, I'm going to have to report you; I'm pretty sure that kind of baggage is not allowed on here.

And no, none of the top builds I've seen in regionals, since the deck came out, uses Skill Drain. It's just not meant for that deck. I use Skill Drain elsewhere, but not this deck; it's not necessary, it's not wanted, and to argue otherwise and call me stupid or brainless or that I can't be taken seriously for keeping it out is outrageously short-sighted of you. And besides, I'm already thinking of splitting the deck up into its components for a separate Graydle and Kaiju deck, so once again, shut up.

Trishula, however, is always the go-to deck for when people talk about what can be Synchro Summoned. No, I don't see the appeal of wasting my cards for a level 9 Synchro that is so goddamn overhyped it might as well be the Stratos of Synchros, no matter how good the card is. I don't want to shove in unnecessary cards into my deck JUST to summon it, thank you very much.

darkgod789
10th June 2016, 07:55 PM
Darkgod, if you're going to bring up arguments on other forums, I'm going to have to report you; I'm pretty sure that kind of baggage is not allowed on here.

And no, none of the top builds I've seen in regionals, since the deck came out, uses Skill Drain. It's just not meant for that deck. I use Skill Drain elsewhere, but not this deck; it's not necessary, it's not wanted, and to argue otherwise and call me stupid or brainless or that I can't be taken seriously for keeping it out is outrageously short-sighted of you. And besides, I'm already thinking of splitting the deck up into its components for a separate Graydle and Kaiju deck, so once again, shut up.

Trishula, however, is always the go-to deck for when people talk about what can be Synchro Summoned. No, I don't see the appeal of wasting my cards for a level 9 Synchro that is so goddamn overhyped it might as well be the Stratos of Synchros, no matter how good the card is. I don't want to shove in unnecessary cards into my deck JUST to summon it, thank you very much.

How is it against the rules? I'm just showing others what YOU POSTED before so they know who they are dealing with. And why they shouldn't take what you say seriously. Also it is kinda ironic when this is a greydle post and the link also helps demonstrate that. So please show me the rule that STATES I CAN'T DO THIS.

Anyhow slime Jr is a pretty good card for a deck that kinda seem complete before. They had a search (which is kinda weird), monsters that steal when destroyed by a card type's effect and a way of triggering each one. I also find it funny that quite a few people call greydles snatch steal and neglect the obvious reference to dark necrofear. Slime allows for trish play with silent angler or norden as well as allow you to get a 3 card pop and combos with its father slime (i'm not sure if the original slime is a male or female or has no gender so i will go with this for the time being). Anyways what do you guys think the new qliphort card will do since i was expecting the red-eyes card to be a hand trap or a gemini and not a spell searcher?

SynjoDeonecros
10th June 2016, 07:57 PM
It's from a completely different forum that has no bearing on here. That's not allowed, as far as I know of; you keep shit out of this forum that doesn't belong in this forum. And you're harassing me, anyway, with it, trying to goad people against me by "proving" I'm not to be trusted with anything I say, even though that's only YOUR opinion, and not anyone else's. So again, either shut the hell up and leave this be, or I will report you.

Okay, now back to the topic at hand: I really hope this means we'll be getting more Water Synchros in the future; even counting Trishula, there's only really three Water Synchros that we can regularly get out with the Graydles, now: Gilshinodon, Trishula, and Graydle Dragon. That's a lot less than the Xyzs we can get out: Nightmare Shark, Humhumming, Tri-Edge Levia, Zenmaity, Grampulse, Acid Golem, and that's just the Rank 3 Waters; we also have Abyss Splash, Cat Shark, and the Burgesstomas. So, yeah, we need more Water Synchros to make this deck even better with Slime Jr.

Baconator
10th June 2016, 10:20 PM

Trishula usually uses 3 materials. It also usually takes away 2 of the opponents cards, making it a 2 for 2. Of course you shouldn't add awful cards to your deck for the express purpose of summoning trishula, but in most good synchro decks it's incredibly easy to make.

SynjoDeonecros
10th June 2016, 10:38 PM
Whatever, I still hate it and think it's overrated, but I'm not going to get into a flame war with anyone over it, so please drop it.

What about using Treeborn Frog to summon out Gungnir or Dewloren? Would that be a respectable play?

Baconator
10th June 2016, 11:08 PM
Whatever, I still hate it and think it's overrated, but I'm not going to get into a flame war with anyone over it, so please drop it.

What about using Treeborn Frog to summon out Gungnir or Dewloren? Would that be a respectable play?

I like my backrow way to much for treeborn. What does your build look like?

SynjoDeonecros
10th June 2016, 11:18 PM
Currently, my build is Graydle/Kaiju, but I'm thinking, once this set comes out in the TCG, of breaking it up into a Kaiju and a Graydle deck.

darkgod789
11th June 2016, 07:38 PM
If you want to run dewloren in your deck then silent angler could help with that since it is a level 4 water. I'm personally not sure about gungnir but i think you could also use instant fusion for norden to combo with slime Jr for dewloren as well or make rank 4 plays with silent angler. You could also use elemental hero mariner to combo with Jr and make dewloren that way. Mariner can also dodge bottomless if that matters. I persoanlly think treeborn frog will be dead quite a lot in greydles since they will be in your S/T zone when equipped to a monster. Dewloren could help remove the threats that you stole so that you could re-use the greydles to steal something else.

Sanokal
11th June 2016, 09:02 PM
Silent Angler is still OCG-only. Synjo is talking about real-life decks I believe (sorry if I've spoken for you and got it wrong, Synjo).

SynjoDeonecros
11th June 2016, 10:26 PM
No, you got it right, and honestly, I don't think Silent Angler's that great, but he does surprisingly have a point with Norden and Treeborn; I think he means summoning Gungnir with Mariner, though, since Mariner's level 5, and that with Slime Jr. can bring out the level 7 Gungnir.

My thoughts were to get out Slime Jr., summon a Graydle or two, Instant Fusion Norden, Synchro Norden and Slime Jr. into Dewloren, crash the Graydle(s) into the opponent's monsters to steal them, then go in for the kill, first with the stolen monsters, then bounce back the Graydles equipped to them to pop them and power up Dewloren for the final strike.

Sanokal
11th June 2016, 10:54 PM
I like this idea; it's unique and continues to prove the power of Dewloren.

SynjoDeonecros
11th June 2016, 11:24 PM
Yeah. Once Silent Angler comes out, I guess you can use it in place of Norden, especially if you don't have a target in the grave for Norden (and you likely won't, with a Graydle deck).