PDA

View Full Version : Duel Monster Dimensions: New show idea?

SynjoDeonecros
16th September 2015, 10:31 PM
Since we've seen Duel Monster dimensions in both GX and 5D's, and we know humans can and do reside there, I was wondering, would anyone be interested in seeing a series based on the trials of a young human duelist growing up in a Duel Monster dimension? Maybe see the duels from the perspective of the monsters that fight in them, see different aspects of the game in play through a different light, maybe even have commentary on different aspects of the game this way (like, say... the ban list being used as a sort of gun control law that, if broken, makes the breaker labeled as some sort of terrorist or something)?

Thanako
16th September 2015, 10:49 PM
I think people would rather want a Duel Terminal anime (why hasn't this happened, though), but some of what you're getting at is interesting, to say the least.

Hope in the Interstice
16th September 2015, 11:00 PM
Believe it or not, I was sort of thinking of something like this when I was coming up with Sapphire Comet Ritual Dragon. The Ritual Dimension I envisioned worked like this: people get their Ritual Monsters through special Rituals that allow them to bind a spirit to a card form along with a Ritual Spell used to summon them. However, Sapphire Comet is an exception; since it's not technically a spirit of the Ritual Dimension and became a card through a vastly different process, it doesn't have its own Ritual Spell. This is why its user uses Relinquished Pyre.

SynjoDeonecros
17th September 2015, 06:14 PM
I think people would rather want a Duel Terminal anime (why hasn't this happened, though), but some of what you're getting at is interesting, to say the least.

Well, thanks to three of the top Duel Terminal archetypes already blowing their load in Arc-5, I doubt we'll ever get an anime based on that.

Zarafkiel
17th September 2015, 06:33 PM

I've still been waiting for Shaddolls to appear animated, was rather disappointed to hear they were not from the anime :(

SynjoDeonecros
17th September 2015, 06:50 PM
I was surprised the Yosenjus were animated, honestly; I had expected them to be a game-only set.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
20th September 2015, 06:21 PM
I think that a series completely in the context of the Duel Monsters (or Duel Terminal) World would be a refreshing break from the card games. The cards need not be done away with entirely, but instead of structured duels, it would more of a monster battle type thing. Opens up an awful lot of potential for action scenes. One thing I thoroughly enjoy about YGO, for all its faults, is the monster design (ridiculous as it may be), especially the CGI dragons.

ScionStorm
12th October 2015, 10:14 AM
I've always wanted to see Yu-Gi-Oh! R adapted to anime and folded into the original series canon. Like, for a special anniversary year or between series. Short. Maybe 15 or 16 episodes. Maybe less. Maybe like a summer-event anniversary special series. The way the Kaiba Corp Grand Championship was only 13 episodes.

How would it work? Because Pegasus is alive in the anime and R's plot was about reviving him? Well that's easily solved. Have Yakou try to revive Ceceilia, Pegasus's wife instead. This would also be far less creepy than the idea of trying to resurrect your foster father in the body of a teenage girl. In fact, have Pegasus fly in with Seto and Mokuba to stop Yakou and duel Cedar Mill, the thirteenth Card Professor in place of Yami(who defeated him in a single panel in the manga). We never got to see Cedar's "Hi-tech Marionette" deck even though it sounds suiously like Gimmick Puppet.

SynjoDeonecros
12th October 2015, 06:56 PM
They could just place it during the time when Pegasus was incapacitated by Bakura, with Yakou and the gang going for simple revenge. That'll streamline things, easily.

KingJinzo
12th October 2015, 08:23 PM
I was surprised the Yosenjus were animated, honestly; I had expected them to be a game-only set.
Sawatari and his gang were narrating the advertisement of The Tribe Forces, so it was foreshadowed.

I'd really like to see a mini-series where Stardust Warrior, Road Warrior, Junk Warrior, Nitro Warrior and Turbo Warrior are a gang of heroes and have their own story.

ScionStorm
13th October 2015, 03:14 AM
They could just place it during the time when Pegasus was incapacitated by Bakura, with Yakou and the gang going for simple revenge. That'll streamline things, easily.

That would be much more boring and generic and lose the meaning of the R- Project Rebirth. Also it wouldn't make sense since Yugi summons all the God cards in the story- He summons Slifer in the first chapter! The whole reason the Wicked gods were created were to be checks to the Egyptian God cards. This has to take place after Battle City.

Sanokal
16th October 2015, 07:08 AM
I've always wanted to see Yu-Gi-Oh! R adapted to anime and folded into the original series canon. Like, for a special anniversary year or between series. Short. Maybe 15 or 16 episodes. Maybe less. Maybe like a summer-event anniversary special series. The way the Kaiba Corp Grand Championship was only 13 episodes.

How would it work? Because Pegasus is alive in the anime and R's plot was about reviving him? Well that's easily solved. Have Yakou try to revive Ceceilia, Pegasus's wife instead. This would also be far less creepy than the idea of trying to resurrect your foster father in the body of a teenage girl. In fact, have Pegasus fly in with Seto and Mokuba to stop Yakou and duel Cedar Mill, the thirteenth Card Professor in place of Yami(who defeated him in a single panel in the manga). We never got to see Cedar's "Hi-tech Marionette" deck even though it sounds suiously like Gimmick Puppet.

Oh the irony...you may want to look at this... https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8038209/1/YuGiOh-R-The-untold-story-of-the-anime

It's not animated sure, and it's a bit dated in terms of my writing quality, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who thinks of my ideas sometimes.

Sanokal

Volteccer
19th November 2015, 08:03 PM
Also, there are structured duels in the Duel Monster dimensions, so they could do them if they wanted to. I thonk this could be interesting. Especially since everyone has a duel monster spirit bonded to them.