PDA

View Full Version : tcg dark illusion exclusive speculation spyral and shambhala

den13
17th June 2016, 10:27 PM
With leaks coming in the upcoming weeks, I do you think that shambhala gonna be the meta one with most like graveyard effects like burning abyss.....although I would love a pendulum rock archetype...

Sanokal
17th June 2016, 11:01 PM
I'm not sure. So far the more powerful decks have been the ones based on more famous pop culture, like Divine Comedy and Star Wars/Wizard of Oz.

Baconator
17th June 2016, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure. So far the more powerful decks have been the ones based on more famous pop culture, like Divine Comedy and Star Wars/Wizard of Oz.

I second this. Enormous monsters and cards based on movies? Now where have I heard that before...

ScionStorm
17th June 2016, 11:16 PM
SPYral please be James Bond, please be James Bond. Please have Spell/Trap cards based on Bond movie titles and monsters based on the cast. M, Q, Moneypenny.

Whatever they do after this, I kind of want to see Sherlock Homes.dek

Sanokal
17th June 2016, 11:30 PM
And if the Golden Gun is not the most glorious Glass Cannon equip card ever, I shall be disappointed.

ScionStorm
17th June 2016, 11:41 PM
Just to repeat my SPYRAL ideas from the original announcement thread.

SPYRAL? Finally, it's about damn time we get an actual Spy ring archetype. So are we talking S.H.I.E.L.D. style or James Bond? Do we get "SPYRAL M", "SPYRAL Q", "SPYRAL 007" and "SPYRAL Penny"?

Continuing on: "Anti-SPYRAL Goldtrigger" "Anti-SPYRAL Blow Fell". "Anti-SPYRAL Doc Not". " Anti-SPYRAL Khan" "SPYRAL Femme " monsters for P.ussy Galore, Xenia Onatopp, Honey Rider, Octopussy and Wai Lin.

And now for some back row card names:
"SPYRAL Post Romance" (From Russia with Love),
"SPYRAL Thunderbust" (Thunderball),
"SPYRAL Second Life"(You Only Live Twice),
"SPYRAL Infinite Jewel"(Diamonds Are Forever),
"SPYRAL Life and Hereafter"(Live And Let Die),
"SPYRAL Bad Romance" (The Spy Who Loved Me),
"SPYRAL Moongraze"(Moonraker),
"SPYRAL Secret"(For Your Eyes Only)
"SPYRAL Dark Sights"(A View To A Kill).

Sanokal
18th June 2016, 12:17 AM
In that case, SPYRAL Thunderball better be based on the Dungeon Dice monster for the heck of it.

den13
18th June 2016, 12:24 AM
spyral do seem nice but field control decks not my type of plays...although james bond archtype would be cool...

SynjoDeonecros
18th June 2016, 12:29 AM
I'm more wondering about the non-archetype cards they'll bring out, like the promo; we've already got our Normal Pendulum and Dino Pendulum support, so where do we go from here?

Sanokal
18th June 2016, 12:45 AM
I'm more wondering about the non-archetype cards they'll bring out, like the promo; we've already got our Normal Pendulum and Dino Pendulum support, so where do we go from here?

That's a good point. They might go down the Artifact Scythe route, but I'm personally hoping that the Dino support continues.

SynjoDeonecros
18th June 2016, 02:46 AM
If they do continue the Dino Pendulum support, it probably won't be a continuation of the Cavalries, since the ones for the enemies listed on the Dragoons of Draconia monsters' flavor text are all made; unless they made another Dragoon of Draconia to go with it, I don't see it happening, sadly.

Baroque
19th June 2016, 07:56 AM
Honestly, I'm more expecting the promos to come full circle rather than 'continue dino support' (not that the Cavalries were proper dino support so much as they were anti-non-Pendulum cards that just happened to be Dinosaurs); we started Arc-V out with generic-ish Normal Pendulums, then transitioned into a Normal Pendulum theme (Dragoons of Draconia), then into an Effect Pendulum theme (Cavalry), so I'm suspecting we'll get generic-ish Effect Pendulums going forth.

As for SPYRAL and Shambala, I almost suspect Spyral will either be some sort of retread of control-change ('SPYRAL' -> Spiral -> hypnosis, geddit?) or another attempt to make a backrow-focused TCG exclusive theme work (remember Noble Knights, and how they almost succeeded at that?), or some combination thereof (imagine, a backrow-focused retread of what Aliens tried to do). Shambala, on the other hand, seems like it might end up retreading a similar bent to Kaiju (that is, they'll be oversized monsters with some sort of gimmick surroundign their use) . . . and I'm not sure how well it'll fare by comparison.

Ultimately, SPYRAL and Shambala had their mission statements (“a secretive organization using its super-spies and high-tech devices to control the field.” and “colossal giants made from living rock, who use their gigantic stats and awesome effects in a never-ending war against Shambhala, the hidden city of mysteries!” respectively) made clear early on, but how they'll go about cashing the check Konami's advertising wrote is going to be the bit we await with bated breath.

SynjoDeonecros
19th June 2016, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised, thought the "random Normal Pendulums" supported Normal monsters, like the Dragoons of Draconia did, so it's possible they'll give us two generic effect Dinosaur monsters to even things out before moving on.

Sanokal
20th June 2016, 04:32 AM
I wouldn't be surprised, thought the "random Normal Pendulums" supported Normal monsters, like the Dragoons of Draconia did, so it's possible they'll give us two generic effect Dinosaur monsters to even things out before moving on.

Please god yes.

SynjoDeonecros
26th June 2016, 10:09 PM
Since we seem to be getting mostly OCG set exclusives as the import cards, lately, I hope the normal pendulum Bujin, Rocket Hand, and the Burgesstoma come out, in this or the next set. I really want to update my Bujin deck with that Pendulum, at least, and the other two would be rather nice to have...

GG ELDIUS
27th June 2016, 08:48 AM
I just hope that the new archetypes are competitively viable, but don't float. We've had enough of that...

SynjoDeonecros
28th June 2016, 03:41 PM
Well, the new promo is not a Pendulum, nor is it Normal, so I guess that era has ended, for now. Kind of a shame; the Dragoons of Draconia were pretty good at giving Normal decks a boost, but they needed more to be properly competitive, and the Cavalry monsters were just Evolzar fodder, little more (though, if we ever get Ties of the Brethren, they'd be more powerful).

I wouldn't be surprised if the new Promo gave Dark Magician or generic Spellcasters a boost, given that's the legacy support for the set. It could also be anti-Pendulum, we don't know, but that would be something to consider.

den13
28th June 2016, 05:26 PM
The monsters has been renamed subterror(s).... They sound mostly likely to have a burning abyss graveyards effects...as the there are subterranean monster living deep in the earth...but one can only hope....

ScionStorm
28th June 2016, 06:29 PM
The monsters has been renamed subterror(s).... They sound mostly likely to have a burning abyss graveyards effects...as the there are subterranean monster living deep in the earth...but one can only hope....

It's not a renaming. They were never Shambahla monsters. The teaser said they were at war with Shambahla. This is the first time they've revealed the name of the archetype to us.

SynjoDeonecros
7th July 2016, 05:13 PM
Now that Konami has officially announced the TCG version of INOV, when do you guys expect leaks for TDIL to come out?

Baroque
8th July 2016, 12:19 AM
Now that Konami has officially announced the TCG version of INOV, when do you guys expect leaks for TDIL to come out?

When you think about it, that INOV ad 'leaked' something already: a name of one of the SPYRAL cards from TDIL, "SPYRAL Super Agent". :V

den13
11th July 2016, 07:31 PM
Flip monster for subterror is meh...waiting to see the two more cards...the archtype seems really slow by the look of it

ScionStorm
11th July 2016, 07:42 PM
When you think about it, that INOV ad 'leaked' something already: a name of one of the SPYRAL cards from TDIL, "SPYRAL Super Agent". :V

That might just be a general name for several monsters in the archetype.

Baroque
12th July 2016, 03:22 AM
That might just be a general name for several monsters in the archetype.
That doesn't seem terribly likely to me, considering the blurb talked about SPYRAL Super Agent as though they were an individual rather than a group. "SPYRAL Super Agent has received new orders!" definitely makes it sound like a singular person, at any rate.

SynjoDeonecros
12th July 2016, 02:23 PM
If Spyral Super Agent doesn't have a level of 7 with an ATK and/or DEF ending with 700, I'll be disappointed...

Hope in the Interstice
14th July 2016, 01:28 PM
That doesn't seem terribly likely to me, considering the blurb talked about SPYRAL Super Agent as though they were an individual rather than a group. "SPYRAL Super Agent has received new orders!" definitely makes it sound like a singular person, at any rate.
I concur with this. Before I saw the set list, I began wondering if the ratios would be 1 monster to 2 Spells/Traps.