PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 110 Discussion: Brittish Cage Fight

KingJinzo
19th June 2016, 11:35 AM
Yuya vs Edo (Round 2) (yes, it's spelled "Edo" in the anime). Unlike Gloria, Grace is really thrilled to see their duel. Edo reveals why he has Dynamiteguy in his deck and how he can use it in a combo. Meanwhile, Kaito defeats several fodder characters with five Galaxy-Eyes (four of them are just "copies") and seems to accept Yuya as his nakama.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/8/88/BraveEyesPendulumDragon-JP-Anime-AV-NC.png/revision/latest?cb=20160619091916
After 45 episodes since his latest Fusion Summon, Yuya Fusion Summons a new dragon, Brave-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, but before it can finish off Edo, Dystopiaguy just kills it off.

Edo tells Yuya how he dueled Yusho, lost to him and how he mysteriously disappeared; not even he knows why he disappeared. His reaction to his loss is priceless.

Despite Yuya has only 600 Life Points left, he still enjoys his duel, believing that Edo is already affected by his father's dueling.

Seeing Grace fangirling over Yuya is hilarious. Noro is only about his own glory.

Preview:

-Yuya's duel with Edo continues.
-Edo is in control of Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon.
-Yuya is utilizing the Action Duel mechanic while Edo is dragging him with his chain, but Yuya has fun.
-Smile World's effect is active.

SynjoDeonecros
19th June 2016, 02:42 PM
Egao vs. Anti-Egao, and apparently Egao wins in the end. Can nothing stop this infernal plague of smiles?

Comun
19th June 2016, 03:20 PM
Links to the ep?

Austraphoce
19th June 2016, 04:15 PM
BrEPD is currently the best looking upgrade IMO.

KingJinzo
19th June 2016, 04:18 PM
BEPD is currently the best looking upgrade IMO.

I know which one you mean, but remember the initials of Beast-Eyes.

Anyway,
Brave-Eyes might be nerfed in the OCG, since its effect combo'd with Odd-Eyes Pendulum would mean an OTK. Brave-Eyes's effect is that what the archetype needs to overcome stronger monsters, since it has a similar effect like Utopia Beyond's.

Austraphoce
19th June 2016, 04:39 PM
I know which one you mean, but remember the initials of Beast-Eyes.

Anyway,
Brave-Eyes might be nerfed in the OCG, since its effect combo'd with Odd-Eyes Pendulum would mean an OTK. Brave-Eyes's effect is that what the archetype needs to overcome stronger monsters, since it has a similar effect like Utopia Beyond's.

Fixed.

I can see him being nerfed to affect only one monster, but his other effect actually needs an upgrade, it also depends on the material requirements though.

ScionStorm
19th June 2016, 06:16 PM
I think we can guess what slot 37 for INOV is now.

yshipster
19th June 2016, 06:40 PM
I think we can guess what slot 37 for INOV is now.

Don't do cover cards come always first? Legacy of the Valiant (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Legacy_of_the_Valiant) for example had C101 one slot before 101, and two slots before Utopia Roots, because C101 was the cover card, despite Yuma being the protagonist and not Shark.

For the episode itself:
Since we knew all of Edo's cards already, he couldn't do anything surprising. However, I thought Yuya would summon Rune-Eyes when he added Trump Witch first, since Dag Daggerman looked like a spellcaster to me. But since he is a warrior, we can already guess that Brave-Eyes needs Odd-Eyes (or a DARK Dragon-type) + a Warrior-type. The only question is, if he will be a regular Fusion, like Rune-Eyes, or a Contact Fusion, like Beast-Eyes.

Also: Urban Demise (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Demise_Urban) both has a great artwork and an actual useful effect, if you summon Distopiaguy, so it might be in Destiny Soldiers (with a 2nd effect hopefully).

ScionStorm
20th June 2016, 08:04 AM
Dag Daggerman looks like Yusho snuck into a Mickey Mouse cartoon.

technoBoy
20th June 2016, 12:27 PM
i think in the next episode
edo will upgrade his fusion Monster dystopia , then will take control of Yuya's Monster , OEPD
then Yuya's Pundulum will create new Monster for yuya
then yuya will use Brave-Eyes as fusion material with another Monster , mybe that magician that shown in the preview
then will create new Fusion Pendulum by Fusion contact or mybe with trump witch

technoBoy
20th June 2016, 12:32 PM
if was the fusion needs Warrior
no one will use it because in Odd-Eyes and Magician and Performapal no Warriors except one
i think this in the show not in OCG
in OCG it is impossible to be without change in the effect
i think it's effect will still that will change all ATKS TO 0
But that negate the "destroying by battle" it's very clear will changed to something else

KingJinzo
20th June 2016, 05:39 PM
no one will use it because in Odd-Eyes and Magician and Performapal no Warriors except one
But that negate the "destroying by battle" it's very clear will changed to something else
It's really difficult to understand your post, as badly written as it is.

King
20th June 2016, 09:41 PM
Aster is so Spoiled. I hope Yuya beat him so hard.

LolsterXD97
20th June 2016, 09:43 PM

They just need to make a worthy Performapal Warrior-Type. For now Dag Daggerman is the most decent one after Helprincess because of that draw effect.

R3QU13M
20th June 2016, 10:00 PM
Something was stated during this episode that caught my interest and surveyed me to having speculations. Even though I could have misintepreted the text provided in english sub translation of this episode. Its about Edo/Aster Phoenix being appointed the Commander in Chief of the XYZ Dimension/Invasion for Academia. It left me wandering could Akaba Leo have other *generals* like Phoenix prepared to flank the other dimensions while the Lancers are in currenlty in Heartland. Cause I definitely would like to see more GX era cast or decks used by them.

technoBoy
20th June 2016, 10:07 PM
i told ,
if really the fusion need Warrior as Fusion Material, NO one will use it because there are only 1 warrior Monster in Performapal and Odd-Eyes and Magician
so ! , this is Fusion Summon will be only in Anime not in OCG
in OCG the effects and it's Fusion Materials is very clear to be changed

ScionStorm
20th June 2016, 10:12 PM
i told ,
if really the fusion need Warrior as Fusion Material, NO one will use it because there are only 1 warrior Monster in Performapal and Odd-Eyes and Magician
so ! , this is Fusion Summon will be only in Anime not in OCG
in OCG the effects and it's Fusion Materials is very clear to be changed

Bad grammar... English is not your first language, but there is not even a single "." to end a sentence.

technoBoy
20th June 2016, 10:15 PM
They just need to make a worthy Performapal Warrior-Type. For now Dag Daggerman is the most decent one after Helprincess because of that draw effect.
even if was New Monster Warrior-type
no one will use it , because Performapal not very usefull in Odd-Eyes Magcian , if really needs to make this Fusion Monster needs Warrior-Type Monster
they will needs to make Odd-Eyes Warrior-Type Monster
But i still think they will change the Fusion Materials
also i think they will change the effects of Brave-Eyes to be the dragon more worthy and stronger
i mean do you need to negate any effect that would prevent that monster from being destroyed by this battle. ?
anyway , i think this dragon will not be very soon

- - - Updated - - -

Bad grammar... English is not your first language, but there is not even a single "." to end a sentence.

tell me what is the Mistakes in My Language ?

ScionStorm
20th June 2016, 10:22 PM
even if was New Monster Warrior-type
no one will use it , because Performapal not very usefull in Odd-Eyes Magcian , if really needs to make this Fusion Monster needs Warrior-Type Monster
they will needs to make Odd-Eyes Warrior-Type Monster
But i still think they will change the Fusion Materials
also i think they will change the effects of Brave-Eyes to be the dragon more worthy and stronger
i mean do you need to negate any effect that would prevent that monster from being destroyed by this battle. ?
anyway , i think this dragon will not be very soon

- - - Updated - - -

tell me what is the Mistakes in My Language ?

FIXED:

Even if it was a new Warrior-Type monster, no one would use it because Performapals are not very usefull in Odd-Eyes Magcian decks. If a Warrior-Type monster is really needed to make this Fusion monster then they will need to make an Odd-Eyes Warrior-Type monster. But I still think they will change the Fusion Materials.

Also, I think they will change the effects of Brave-Eyes to be stronger and more worthy. I mean, do you need to negate any effect that would prevent that monster from being destroyed by this battle? Anyway, I don't think this dragon will come out very soon.

This is easier to read and understand now.

yshipster
20th June 2016, 10:48 PM
FIXED:

Even if it was a new Warrior-Type monster, no one will use it because Performapals are not very usefull in Odd-Eyes Magcian decks. If a Warrior-Type monster is really needed to make this Fusion Monster then they will need to make an Odd-Eyes Warrior-Type Monster. But I still think they will change the Fusion Materials.

Also, I think they will change the effects of Brave-Eyes to be stronger and more worthy. I mean, do you need to negate any effect that would prevent that monster from being destroyed by this battle? Anyway, I don't think this dragon will come out very soon.

This is easier to read and understand now.

Thanks! (And no offense, but the original was really hard to understand)

No, they won't change Brave-Eyes materials, it'll be 1 Warrior-type monster + either 1 "Odd-Eyes" monster OR 1 DARK Dragon-type monster.

And no, they won't change it's effect either. Look at the other "Pendulum Dragon" Fusion monsters, or his Synchro monsters, their effects aren't that strong either. The only thing that could happen is, that he negates the effects of the monster he battles, or that he destroys it by his effect if it is not destroyed by battle.

And don't forget that you can also summon him with EM Life Swordsman (kappa)

Sanokal
20th June 2016, 10:50 PM
Or you know, they just make a bunch of really good warrior Performapal monsters.

yshipster
20th June 2016, 10:55 PM
Or you know, they just make a bunch of really good warrior Performapal monsters.

And then ban all of them.

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
21st June 2016, 01:58 AM
Really disappointed of Aster phoenix and the new d-heroes, the power creep is real.

King
21st June 2016, 02:05 AM
Confrimed Kaito is EGAO'd

LolsterXD97
21st June 2016, 02:09 AM
Really disappointed of Aster phoenix and the new d-heroes, the power creep is real.

What are you talking about? Demise Urban is the most overpowered card ever.

Sanokal
21st June 2016, 05:06 AM
Monosubs sure moved fast, it's like someone shoved a red-hot stick the size of East Texas up his bum, put him on caffiene and tied him to his chair.

But I digress. The episode begins with Aster forcing a duel on Yuya, who is understandably not interested, while Gloria and Noroma-chan are both blousing. Grace just wants to see more of Yuya's dueling, and so do we. Aster begins with Decisive, while Yuya busts out another treat that we haven't seen in a while; Timegazer without Stargazer, and performs a basic, yet excellent combo attack. Aster promptly shows just why Dynamite is in his deck and combos it with Decisive, nice one there. He brings out Dystopia next turn and counters, but Yuya isn't having any of it or Yuto's continual beating into his head that this won't work on Aster. So instead he slaps down Trump Witch - it's been so long! - and calls out the all new Brave-Eyes Pendulum Dragon with a Fusion Summon! (The wiki, you lot, and YouTube all managed to spoil that one for me, so go figure.) What they didn't spoil was Brave-Eyes failing almost immediately, though it'll probably be back. Oh, and Grace continues to be hilariously adorable. Kite also beats everyone he was facing with five Cipher Dragons - can we see that combo play out? - and gets everyone out of there.

Aster then reveals just why he's so pissed off about Yusho; they did indeed meet and duel in Heartland. But Aster didn't win and cripple Yusho (well, he presumably still crippled Yusho) - he lost. Heck yes, Yusho Sakaki is the greatest badass. Aster was offered a Smile World card to show to the Professor, presumably as a message from Yusho, but his...brainwashing? Indoctrination? It ain't damn normal, that's for sure. Whatever it is, he madly claims that the Professor's teachings are the right teachings and he rips the card in half, and Yusho is transported away, apparently NOT by Aster as was thought, before he can pick up the other half.

His motivation explained, Aster launches a direct attack at Yuya, but Yusho Sakaki did indeed manage to make him smile, no matter his claims, and the fun's just getting started. Meanwhile, Noroma-chan and Grace are now supporting Yuya; Grace because she wants an entertaining duel, and Noroma because he's a prick, but an oh-so-funny prick. Gloria just doesn't want to deal with this crap and beat some face.

Wow, what an episode. Kite's continuing good-guy-ness, how ever long it continues to last, has been a joy; that's the Kite we remember. In addition, Yuya keeps his cool and his head, unlike the last time he dueled Aster, and it pays off to the points that he's clearly running circles around him in the preview. The animation was a little off, no doubt owing to Brave-Eyes, but it's a small complained. Grace and Noroma continue to be a joy, I do so love the humor that we're getting from the Duel Academy side.

ScionStorm
21st June 2016, 05:50 AM
Imma wait to watch this until next week so I can watch the whole duel flawlessly for my first viewing.

technoBoy
21st June 2016, 01:23 PM
sorry of My bad english
thank you very much (:

technoBoy
21st June 2016, 01:29 PM
Thanks! (And no offense, but the original was really hard to understand)

No, they won't change Brave-Eyes materials, it'll be 1 Warrior-type monster + either 1 "Odd-Eyes" monster OR 1 DARK Dragon-type monster.

And no, they won't change it's effect either. Look at the other "Pendulum Dragon" Fusion monsters, or his Synchro monsters, their effects aren't that strong either. The only thing that could happen is, that he negates the effects of the monster he battles, or that he destroys it by his effect if it is not destroyed by battle.

And don't forget that you can also summon him with EM Life Swordsman (kappa)

and Who use EM Life Swordsman now ?
no one , i told you , they must change the Fusion Materials because if they make it like this
no one will use it in Odd-Eyes deck
nah , i think they will change the effects of this Fusion Monster like target one Monster and make it's effect 0 then this card will gain 100 for each face-up card/Monster , the turn that you use it this effect , other Monsters cannot attack , When this card attacks : negate the effects of that Monster
and i think will be more little bit ...
sorry for My english

Destiny91
21st June 2016, 01:54 PM
It was nice to see a little of Jack's influence in Yuya's new monster (even if it was not intended)

Shakunetsu no Kurimuzon Heru Bāningu (Scarlight attack name)
Shakunetsu no Mega Fureimu Basutō (Brave Eyes attack name)

King
21st June 2016, 02:00 PM
Why do everyone keep saying about Brave-Eyes having a warrior as Material ? it could be just a Level 5 or higher Monster. Brave-Eyes is a chance to break this paradigm.

Indytotof
21st June 2016, 03:27 PM
Why do everyone keep saying about Brave-Eyes having a warrior as Material ? it could be just a Level 5 or higher Monster. Brave-Eyes is a chance to break this paradigm.

Brave-Eyes Material....

"Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon" + 1 Pendulum "Performapal" monster....

Because it will make this card an elligible Fusion monster for my Odd-Eyes Magician&Pals (and it make sense)/

Sanokal
22nd June 2016, 05:38 AM
It was nice to see a little of Jack's influence in Yuya's new monster (even if it was not intended)

Shakunetsu no Kurimuzon Heru Bāningu (Scarlight attack name)
Shakunetsu no Mega Fureimu Basutō (Brave Eyes attack name)

So I wasn't the only one to notice that.

ScionStorm
22nd June 2016, 06:16 AM
Scorching Creamsun Hair Burning!
Scorching Mega Frame Bust!

;P

KingKaash
23rd June 2016, 02:08 AM
I was pleasantly surprised by Brave-Eyes as there were no leaks prior to me watching. I'm still uncertain who's going to win this duel and unpredictability makes me excited so I'm looking forward to next week. Still hoping Aster/Edo gets more D-Heroes to make him a legit threat.

Kite/Kaito turning good is still too sudden for me. There should've been a clear-cut turning point where we saw him accept the Lancers as comrades. Not this subtle, quiet change.

Since Yusho beat Edo and Edo is the Commander and Chief, should we automatically assume that Yusho will wipe the floor against the circus character he's about to face?

LolsterXD97
23rd June 2016, 02:14 AM
I have noticed something, Yusho is the first one who isn't Yuya who has defeated a returning character.

technoBoy
23rd June 2016, 11:51 AM
Scorching Creamsun Hair Burning!
Scorching Mega Frame Bust!

;P

YES i have noticed that already

- - - Updated - - -

Brave-Eyes Material....

"Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon" + 1 Pendulum "Performapal" monster....

Because it will make this card an elligible Fusion monster for my Odd-Eyes Magician&Pals (and it make sense)/

no
i don't think will be performapal as Fusion Material
Performapal Monsters Rarely to be Materials
i think would be Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon + Warrior-type or Pendulum Monster High Level

Indytotof
23rd June 2016, 11:53 AM
YES i have noticed that already

- - - Updated - - -

no
i don't think will be performapal as Fusion Material
Performapal Monsters Rarely to be Materials
i think would be Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon + Warrior-type or Pendulum Monster High Level

Remind me... how many times Yuya use Performapals for Synchro, Xyz and Fusion summon ? Oh yeah, all friggin' time (except for Rune-Eyes where he use Pendulum Magicians) he does perform those summons !

technoBoy
23rd June 2016, 12:02 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by Brave-Eyes as there were no leaks prior to me watching. I'm still uncertain who's going to win this duel and unpredictability makes me excited so I'm looking forward to next week. Still hoping Aster/Edo gets more D-Heroes to make him a legit threat.

Kite/Kaito turning good is still too sudden for me. There should've been a clear-cut turning point where we saw him accept the Lancers as comrades. Not this subtle, quiet change.

Since Yusho beat Edo and Edo is the Commander and Chief, should we automatically assume that Yusho will wipe the floor against the circus character he's about to face?

yep like you , i am waiting so much for Aster's New cards from this duel to be OCG very soon
+
kaito not good , we watched 5 duels , and everything he did is : Cipher Wings and 3 or more Cipher dragon
no Rank-Up , no New Xyz , no New monsters , No cipher Cards
and Konami made this This is made worse because We did not see any new Spell/traps Cipher cards
It seems that we have to wait for more Kaito's cards also for more Aster's cards (Will be released These days in destiny soldiers)
---- sorry so much for My bad english ----

technoBoy
23rd June 2016, 12:06 PM
Remind me... how many times Yuya use Performapals for Synchro, Xyz and Fusion summon ? Oh yeah, all friggin' time (except for Rune-Eyes where he use Pendulum Magicians) he does perform those summons !

when i say Materials i mean the Specific Monsters in Card Text
yuya can perform Extra deck-Summon without any Performapal because they are not Essential
Performapal Monsters dosen't have Extra deck-Monsters not like Magician and Odd-Eyes
they are just support for Odd-Eyes magician , Odd-Eyes Magician they are the real core

Indytotof
23rd June 2016, 12:13 PM
when i say Materials i mean the Specific Monsters in Card Text
yuya can perform Extra deck-Summon without any Performapal because they are not Essential
Performapal Monsters dosen't have Extra deck-Monsters not like Magician and Odd-Eyes
they are just support for Odd-Eyes magician , Odd-Eyes Magician they are the real core

Yet Yuya only have 5 Pendulum Magician (+ the Synchros) cards in his deck who is more an Odd-Eyes Performapals feat. some Magicians. Performapals are actually the core of Yuya's deck. Magician is used as support.

For the things I've bolded... Ohhh that's right ! I've forgot that. My bad.

technoBoy
23rd June 2016, 12:32 PM
Yet Yuya only have 5 Pendulum Magician (+ the Synchros) cards in his deck who is more an Odd-Eyes Performapals feat. some Magicians. Performapals are actually the core of Yuya's deck. Magician is used as support.

For the things I've bolded... Ohhh that's right ! I've forgot that. My bad.
Magician Odd-Eyes iis the core
Performapal just support
when i say core i mean the Extra deck-Summons
Yuya use Performapal only when he wants to be the duel more fun
But when Yuya became Serious he use Odd-Eyes/Magician instead
i told you Performapal just support for Magician/Odd-Eyes
the real core is Odd-Eyes/Magician

Indytotof
23rd June 2016, 01:46 PM
Performapal just support

Yet most of Yuya's deck is composed of Performapals Monsters, Spell and Trap cards.

The Extra Deck core is :

1 Beast-Eyes
1 Brave-Eyes
1 Rune-Eyes
1 Nirvana High Paladin
1 Enlightenment Paladin
1 Odd-Eyes Rebellion
1 Dark Requiem
1 Dark Rebellion

90 % of Yuya's deck is centered around "Performapals" who are the archetype he used in ALL HIS DUELS (also, Yuya always want his duels to be fun. When he is "serious" he's on Berserk mode, where he have no control over himself). Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and upgrades are just here because it's Yuya's Dimension Dragon (and ace Monster) and use Pendulum Magicians as supports. He have only:

. Timegazer
. Stargazer
. Creation
. Destruction
. Tuning
. Timebreaker
. Acrobat
. Enlightenment
. Nirvana High
. Descend Dragon Magician

That's not what I call the core of a deck. The core of a deck is what composed the deck in his majority. Here it's Performapal.

Yuya's core are the Performapal archetype.

Do not mistake how Yuya's play his deck and how it is used IRL.

LolsterXD97
23rd June 2016, 08:41 PM
Also when Yuya awakens, he still uses Entermates (as Xyz fodder for Dark Rebellion, but still uses them).

Sanokal
23rd June 2016, 08:58 PM
yep like you , i am waiting so much for Aster's New cards from this duel to be OCG very soon
+
kaito not good , we watched 5 duels , and everything he did is : Cipher Wings and 3 or more Cipher dragon
no Rank-Up , no New Xyz , no New monsters , No cipher Cards
and Konami made this This is made worse because We did not see any new Spell/traps Cipher cards
It seems that we have to wait for more Kaito's cards also for more Aster's cards (Will be released These days in destiny soldiers)
---- sorry so much for My bad english ----

If you're gonna always say sorry for your bad english (and it could be worse; at least you don't edit on the wiki) you may as well put it in your signature to save you the trouble.

ScionStorm
23rd June 2016, 09:05 PM
Performapal just support

A few simple rules:

1) Start every sentence with a capital letter. That means the big version. SHIFT+(whatever letter starts your first word).

2) End every sentence with a "." (a period). Unless you are writing a question in which case you end with a "?" (question mark).

3) Two spaces (spacebar) between each sentence is all you need.

You don't have to start on a new line for each sentence if you follow these simple rules.

SynjoDeonecros
26th June 2016, 01:55 PM
"I've been Egao and I've been Anti-Egao, and let me tell you, I'd take Egao every fucking time!" That's the lesson Yuya's trying to teach Aster.

Indytotof
26th June 2016, 02:00 PM
Card art of Brave-Eyes :

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/6/63/BraveEyesPendulumDragon-JP-Anime-AV.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/200?cb=20160626090459

Materials: 1 "Pendulum Dragon" Monster + 1 Warrior-Type Monster.

yshipster
26th June 2016, 02:44 PM
Card art of Brave-Eyes :

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/6/63/BraveEyesPendulumDragon-JP-Anime-AV.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/200?cb=20160626090459

Materials: 1 "Pendulum Dragon" Monster + 1 Warrior-Type Monster.

As expected...