PDA

View Full Version : Citri and Quon

Mofiz
24th June 2016, 10:16 PM
The new Tuners Crystron Citri and Quon are able to summon Monsters (from the hand or Graveyard) by negating their effects and immedietly Synchro Summon them away. If the Special Summoned Monster has an effect that triggers on Summon like Fairy Tail- Shirayuki, does the effect resolve? It's true that the effect on the field is negated, but the effect of Shirayuki ACTIVATES after it is being sent to the Graveyard. Being Special Summoned to the field is only the requiered Condition, not the place that resolves the effect so... what now

Dread Kaiser
25th June 2016, 12:58 AM
The new Tuners Crystron Citri and Quon are able to summon Monsters (from the hand or Graveyard) by negating their effects and immedietly Synchro Summon them away. If the Special Summoned Monster has an effect that triggers on Summon like Fairy Tail- Shirayuki, does the effect resolve? It's true that the effect on the field is negated, but the effect of Shirayuki ACTIVATES after it is being sent to the Graveyard. Being Special Summoned to the field is only the requiered Condition, not the place that resolves the effect so... what now

Any On summon effect will not activate. remember that while they were summoned, they are gone by the time their effects would get the chance to activate, so even though the condition was met, they aren't around when it matters.
Same as that "MST Vs Chain CotH on Deneb" ruling, though I don't have a convenient link handy (and I Understandably do not want to sift through the 9000+ comments on my Disqus to find the conversation where this ruling was brought to my attention). its a more complicated version of missing the timing really.

Its like the ruling for....say Exiled Forces under the "Summon but negate" effect in reverse. Effects resolve from the place they activate, regardless of where the card ends up after activation, but Effects that activate on the field require the card to be on the field to activate to begin with. Shirayuki is in the graveyard at this point so its not going to activate.

Mofiz
25th June 2016, 01:10 AM
Any On summon effect will not activate. remember that while they were summoned, they are gone by the time their effects would get the chance to activate, so even though the condition was met, they aren't around when it matters.
Same as that "MST Vs Chain CotH on Deneb" ruling, though I don't have a convenient link handy (and I Understandably do not want to sift through the 9000+ comments on my Disqus to find the conversation where this ruling was brought to my attention). its a more complicated version of missing the timing really.

Its like the ruling for....say Exiled Forces under the "Summon but negate" effect in reverse. Effects resolve from the place they activate, regardless of where the card ends up after activation, but Effects that activate on the field require the card to be on the field to activate to begin with. Shirayuki is in the graveyard at this point so its not going to activate.

Didn't know that with Deneb either. Is there a difference to the OCG rulings regarding that?

Dread Kaiser
25th June 2016, 01:26 AM
Didn't know that with Deneb either. Is there a difference to the OCG rulings regarding that?

Since the TCG basically doesn't give rulings anymore its safe to assume it applies to both unless mentioned otherwise

Mofiz
25th June 2016, 01:30 AM
I fucked up the best answer thing...
Anyway, then someone has to fix YGOpro badly