PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 111 Discussion: Egao vs Unmei

KingJinzo
26th June 2016, 03:51 PM
The duel between HAOHkokuryuu user and Edo Phoenix continues, this time with much better art quality. This duel is very reminiscent of Judai's rematch with Edo in GX.

Yuya avoids the direct attack of Dystopiaguy and Tribute Summons Laugh Maker to inflict some Battle Damage, but Laugh Maker doesn't last for long. However, with Smile World, Yuya uses another incredible combo. He gives his Odd-Eyes and Daggerman to Edo so Laugh Maker would get a boost of 3000 due to Smile World powering up three of Edo's monsters (and Egao-Eyes returns). However, Edo simply destroys Laugh Maker again before the latter could attack while preventing Yuya from getting an Action Card. But the empowered Laugh Maker revives Brave-Eyes from the Graveyard and decreases Edo's monsters' ATK to 0 while Brave-Eyes gain 300. Then Edo uses his double Trap + Action Card combo to make Dystopiaguy 100 ATK stronger than Brave-Eyes, but Yuya's Action Card copies Edo's Action Card, giving Brave-Eyes an increase up to 6600 ATK. He finishes the duel with Brave-Eyes' Shakunetsu no Mega Smile Burst and Edo cannot do nothing but smile. After the conclusion, Yuya is surrounded by students with blue jackets who aren't officially given a collective name (we can still call them Obelisk Blue students, it's obviously that same).

Is it symbolic that Yuya's wins with the dragon that is closely associated with fire? You know, Flare Neos?

Nothing less expected from the guy who defeated Jack Atlas. Let's see what we have next episode.

-The British Anti-Hero succumbs to the Egao and protects Yuya from Noro and the mooks.
-Yuya reunites with his Lancer pals and the now friendly Kaito.
-Some screentime for Yuzu, Yugo and Asuka.
-Dennis confronts Yusho. (Evil Clown vs Good Clown incoming)

SynjoDeonecros
26th June 2016, 03:53 PM
So, lesson learned: You either Egao, or you DIE!

Austraphoce
26th June 2016, 06:13 PM
Does anyone have a link to the episode?

SynjoDeonecros
26th June 2016, 08:21 PM
So, next week it's Dennis vs. Yusho. If Yusho ends up being beaten and carded, that's gonna make me pissed, because it seems like the focus on him and his dimension-hopping and Yu-Show Academies is too important to this part of the anime to just have it end, like that...

NassX
26th June 2016, 08:30 PM
So, next week it's Dennis vs. Yusho. If Yusho ends up being beaten and carded, that's gonna make me pissed, because it seems like the focus on him and his dimension-hopping and Yu-Show Academies is too important to this part of the anime to just have it end, like that...

maybe the duel will be interrupted.

King
26th June 2016, 10:14 PM
Next Episode God will show up.

ScionStorm
26th June 2016, 10:22 PM
This season so far has been pretty dense with dueling but slow in plot momentum. I sincerely hope this show has a 4th season in it. I don't want it to end next spring. The EGAO cult needs more time to spread into a proper religion. Smile, everyone. And drink the Sacred Wi-err Smile Potion. Genesis Omega Dragon demands it.

SynjoDeonecros
26th June 2016, 11:29 PM
"Soon, under my leadership, EVERYONE will be egao! And once everyone is egao... NO ONE will be!"

Pendulum
27th June 2016, 12:03 AM
"Soon, under my leadership, EVERYONE will be egao! And once everyone is egao... NO ONE will be!"

Is that from The Incredibles?

SynjoDeonecros
27th June 2016, 12:39 AM
Yes it is.

Eternalight
27th June 2016, 11:01 AM
Okay... Edo's character development is definitely a bit rushed. He should've been given a bit more plot to make him enter the Egao cult, considering his position in the Academia.
The duel was pretty good though.

Seriously, the synchro dimension's plot was pretty smooth, but things go too fast in this arc. Did they suddenly decide to end Arc-V this season or what?

I think that maybe Dennis was Yusho's student when he was spying in the Xyz dimension.

SynjoDeonecros
27th June 2016, 02:44 PM
"I will beat Egao into you until you puke rainbows and have cotton candy diarrhea, you Nietzsche fuck! Take the clown love! TAKE IT!"

R3QU13M
27th June 2016, 05:23 PM
We could've had a character that beat two protagonist from different series, but ... it didn't happen.

King
27th June 2016, 05:38 PM
We could've had a character that beat two protagonist from different series, but ... it didn't happen.

Jack did it.

R3QU13M
27th June 2016, 05:43 PM
Jack did it.

Well damn, youre correct.

Sanokal
27th June 2016, 06:49 PM
Okay... Edo's character development is definitely a bit rushed. He should've been given a bit more plot to make him enter the Egao cult, considering his position in the Academia.
The duel was pretty good though.

Seriously, the synchro dimension's plot was pretty smooth, but things go too fast in this arc. Did they suddenly decide to end Arc-V this season or what?

I think that maybe Dennis was Yusho's student when he was spying in the Xyz dimension.

Everyone complained about the Synchro Dimension taking ages. Look what they got. I'm enjoying this season, but it seems to be going too damn quickly and the only overarching theme is Yusho.

ScionStorm
27th June 2016, 07:42 PM
Everyone complained about the Synchro Dimension taking ages. Look what they got. I'm enjoying this season, but it seems to be going too damn quickly and the only overarching theme is Yusho.

Contrarily, I feel like this season has been dense with dueling but actually slow with plot progression even with a few characters switching sides early on.

King
27th June 2016, 07:59 PM
EnPal and Nirvana-High were tossed in the trash. Upset about this.

SynjoDeonecros
27th June 2016, 08:09 PM
Honestly, the pacing for both dueling and plot/character development was completely screwed ever since they went into Battle Royale mode for finding the Lancers. The buildup for both before then was damn good; we were getting a good mystery into the Phantom Knight Yu, Sora, and the Pendulums, and even the little kid sidekicks were getting their own little brush with dueling and character story, but now? It's all Egao, all the time, with tons of duels that do nothing, a plot pacing that went practically nowhere in the Synchro arc, and is now running too fast for the Xyz arc. It's good we're getting some insight into Yusho and his methods, at least, but honestly, I'm starting to really hate them bringing in the whole "four dimensions" thing, because that seems to be where things broke, for me...

ScionStorm
27th June 2016, 08:10 PM
EnPal and Nirvana-High were tossed in the trash. Upset about this.

This is the Xyz dimension. He needs to learn to pull some native-style summoning out his ass. Odd-Eyes Rebellion only half counts as an original Xyz for his deck. The others all belong to Yuto.

LolsterXD97
27th June 2016, 08:13 PM
The 3 Fusion Dimension episodes we've had were better than the whole Xyz Arc, at least the plot actually advanced in them rather than being "let's get everyone join the egao cult".

Comun
27th June 2016, 08:17 PM
Okay... Edo's character development is definitely a bit rushed.

I'm pretty okay with Edo. His "development" so to speak was already more than halfway done since his Duel with Yuushou. If we're gonna complain about switching sides too easily, Kaito is the real problem here.

King
27th June 2016, 08:20 PM
This is the Xyz dimension. He needs to learn to pull some native-style summoning out his ass. Odd-Eyes Rebellion only half counts as an original Xyz for his deck. The others all belong to Yuto.

He Fusion Summoned too, so he can use non-native Summon too.

ScionStorm
27th June 2016, 08:25 PM
He Fusion Summoned too, so he can use non-native Summon too.

I know he can. I'm saying what he needs to focus on, since he's in Xyz dimension.

SynjoDeonecros
27th June 2016, 11:07 PM
Honestly, I hope Yusho has different cards from Yuya, because I don't want it to be a case of "like father, like son" in terms of dueling. We know he's got Miracle Hats, and that one Magician, but he's supposed to play Performapals, right?

King
27th June 2016, 11:23 PM
Honestly, I hope Yusho has different cards from Yuya, because I don't want it to be a case of "like father, like son" in terms of dueling. We know he's got Miracle Hats, and that one Magician, but he's supposed to play Performapals, right?

I hope he at least Plays Pendulum Monsters.

NassX
27th June 2016, 11:29 PM
I hope he at least Plays Pendulum Monsters.

He should not play pendulums.

King
27th June 2016, 11:33 PM
He should not play pendulums.
Tell me Why ?

SynjoDeonecros
27th June 2016, 11:53 PM
Isn't it a debate whether or not Pendulums existed before they appeared for Yuya in episode 1? It'd be kinda confusing if Yusho just happens to have them, as well...

NassX
27th June 2016, 11:56 PM
Tell me Why ?

When yuya pendulum summoned no one had ever seen such a summon before. It was brand new to the database. Although it did appear the name of the summon on the computers. But it is unlikely that yushou uses pendulums.
Also, I really disliked Laughmaker's effect. It is just the perfect effect for Sky Magician to have, not Laughmaker. When it is shown it destroys all opponent's monsters. It's a good effect for Yushou's ace monster to have, now they ruined it

KingKaash
28th June 2016, 01:16 AM
That was a good duel. I honestly felt like Aster/Edo was going to win when he put together that combo at the end but of course Yuya always has something up his sleeve. Before the last episode, I was thinking maybe Dark Requiem would make an appearance again and be defeated this time by Edo to show some of Edo's strength while simultaneously showing Yuto that his methods of anger won't always work. But Edo taking down Brave-Eyes once was enough of a triumph for Edo as well. Also wanted a new, more powerful D-Hero boss for Edo, but maybe next time?

Regarding what you guys were talking about, I said it before a few episodes ago that many of you complained about "filler" episodes during the Synchro arc when in hindsight those were good for plot development. Now you all complain for the absence of what you use to refer to as "filler." I'll admit that the Synchro arc was a tad bit slow but I didn't complain because the more episodes (whether it's duels or plot), the better in my opinion. Now without plot development lacking for key characters, many yearning for their hated "filler."

The Tyler Sisters got decent introductory build up by crushing Allen + Sayaka & off-screen beatdown of Gong and Sawatari but my fear is they won't even duel again and get carded soon. Edo tied Yuya the first time but we needed one more in between duel to build him back up as a powerful Commander-in-Chief of Academia before taking this duel. Taking down Shun would've been a good example but Shun has his Xyz thing going on with Kite/Kaito which leads me to the worst character development of all. I said it last week that Kaito going from hater to comrade was not clearly defined in any episode. His last duel with Shun opened him up a bit but it still wasn't enough that it made him completely turn around. His development is the most rushed and it's disappointing. But then again, how many characters are there in this barren wasteland that can lead to character development? The writers kinda wrote themselves into a wall by doing this whole Xyz arc. Half of the Lancers are stuck in the Synchro Dimension which sucks. Otherwise we'd be getting some Kaito vs Sora or Reiji vs Edo (battle of the D) right now. Still though, I wonder why it is being rushed? Do they want to get to the Fusion arc that badly?

Sanokal
28th June 2016, 03:23 AM
Goodness me, this episode was crafted. That's the only way to describe it.

With Yuya's face-down card being revealed in the preview, it was fairly obvious that Yuya would have to resort to an Action Card, though Aster provides a unique counter by using his Duel Anchor to drag Yuya about the place. By now, Yuya being Yuya is fully aware that Aster is in the biggest state of denial since the Interview, and he finally uses his pendant for a metaphor, it's about bloody time! Off on the sidelines, Grace is still being a fangirl, Noroma-chan is being Noroma-chan, and Gloria is providing exposition just to make some use of her screentime.

It soon becomes obvious just how different the styles of Dueltaining and Duel Academy are given the way that they're juxtaposed this episode. Aster's turns are simple and short counterattacks, boring as derided by Yusho, while Yuya's turns are the more exciting and uncertain since Yuya debuts a new monster, and he has to continue to contend with Aster's rather effective combo every turn.

It's Yuya's final turn that takes all of the elements of the episode and really whirls at the heartstrings. He grants his monsters to Aster and then uses Smile World, thus boosting three of Aster's monsters and allowing his remaining monster to gain a lot more ATK. Of course, it would be boneheaded for Aster not to use his combo, and without his trap card to protect it, Yuya's Laughmaker bites it. Even worse, Aster twigs that Yuya is running circles around him and cancels the Duel Anchor just as Yuya is using the damn thing as a swing to get to an Action Card, and Aster gets that card. But since Laughmaker copped it, it gets the last laugh, reviving the badass of all new badassess, Brave-Eyes Pendulum Dragon! A Fusion Monster to talk with a Fusion duelist, it pulls off its effect and looks ready to win the game...only for Aster to use the Action Card that he snatched, vowing that he will use the Lancers' card to talk to Yuya.

It's anyone's game at this point. Yuya has already won; he's clearly reached Aster, even though Aster hasn't smiled. He trips and falls, and it seems like it's episode 10 all over again...and he turns it into a flipping cartwheel, grabs an Action Card to copy Aster's, and wins because he's freakin' Yuya Sakaki. Aster is flat out on his back, but he's finally smiling.

Then Noroma calls in reinforcements, and it looks like my prediction of Yuya getting captured has come true. Well, damn. Ish. Could lead to more Yuya and Aster bro scenes. Then the preview reassures us that it's really Lancer and Kite bro scenes...but they look like they're in the Fusion complex. Now that is interesting. Next episode promises to be more plot-heavy than the others, thank goodness.

Despite the fact that this season has seemed to go way too fast, the episodes have all been good thus far, and some have been excellent. It's still unclear what the season is about though; by this point in Season 2 we knew what was happening. This arc does have SOME plot threads that are looking to be over-arching though. Back to the episode, as I said before this episode was very well-crafted, though the card effects were a little lacking. Aster better get some better stuff soon. Dystopia is good, but more would be welcome. And Yuya responded brilliantly...oh crap. This season has been going well, so well, too well...Awakened Yuya is gonna be back soon, dammit. To my sheer surprise, Noroma-chan seems to be trying to up his game. I don't know whether he'll be the season villain or not, but it's definitely got me interested. And they aren't done with the Sisters yet, they will be wanting a rematch...but with Yuya and who?

ScionStorm
29th June 2016, 01:34 AM
I have watched the last five episodes (6-11) back to back and it was fun and intense and more enjoyable watching them together than I think watching them week to week. A bit like reading a whole GN volume than one issue a month. I really liked this last duel with Edo. I thought I would be getting exhausted given how many duels Yuya was being thrown into consecutively but they came on so swiftly and moved so smoothly I found it impossible to lose the momentum propelled by his frequent high-stakes dueling. Next week we'll finally get a break from Xyz dimension again, but in the mean time I have to say this.

I don't understand how anyone can feel like this season is actually moving too quickly. I just watched 5 episodes in a row and the total plot progress they had was incremental at best with Edo's swaying heart the only big leap, and even that-Yuya was clearly only finishing what his father had started.

Anyway, I think we can all praise our Holy Father, Yusho Sakaki and his son Yuya "Jesus" Sakaki spreading the faith of Egao across dimensions.

Sanokal
29th June 2016, 03:03 AM
I have watched the last five episodes (6-11) back to back and it was fun and intense and more enjoyable watching them together than I think watching them week to week. A bit like reading a whole GN volume than one issue a month. I really liked this last duel with Edo. I thought I would be getting exhausted given how many duels Yuya was being thrown into consecutively but they came on so swiftly and moved so smoothly I found it impossible to lose the momentum propelled by his frequent high-stakes dueling. Next week we'll finally get a break from Xyz dimension again, but in the mean time I have to say this.

I don't understand how anyone can feel like this season is actually moving too quickly. I just watched 5 episodes in a row and the total plot progress they had was incremental at best with Edo's swaying heart the only big leap, and even that-Yuya was clearly only finishing what his father had started.

Anyway, I think we can all praise our Holy Father, Yusho Sakaki and his son Yuya "Jesus" Sakaki spreading the faith of Egao across dimensions.

It's not clear what the season is about. As such whenever a plot thread shows up it gets latched onto, but thus far it has more often than not been resolved. Kite and Aster, the Tyler Sisters (they're technically a subversion and not actually over; but the initial threat was resolved quickly), and Allen's mistrust and possibly Sayaka's entire character arc now that Kite came to his senses.

It's easy to forget that there is still a lot to be resolved from before the season with everything new that was introduced. But by this stage in the last season, we knew what was going down.

Indytotof
29th June 2016, 11:19 AM
In Ep 113, the Resistence and the Lancers goes to the Fusion Dimension. They will face Dennis and... "someone Yuya have dueled before".

Barrett returns ?

yshipster
29th June 2016, 11:58 AM
In Ep 113, the Resistence and the Lancers goes to the Fusion Dimension. They will face Dennis and... "someone Yuya have dueled before".

Barrett returns ?

Looking at this list (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yuya_Sakaki#Duels), Barrett seems the only option to me. However, it means that Dennis vs Yusho is just 1 episode... I wished the Entertainment Clash would have lasted longer.

KingJinzo
29th June 2016, 01:31 PM

Barrett returns ?

The title has "Shura" in it, so I bet it's Crow. Just kidding.

SynjoDeonecros
29th June 2016, 07:02 PM
Wow, they even call it "Egao" in this episode. It really IS the Egao Cult, isn't it?

Sanokal
30th June 2016, 11:55 PM
They always called it that.

Dyson Sphere
1st July 2016, 01:29 PM

Barrett returns ?

nope its gonna be Sora, he tricked them again and psycho sora will return

Baconator
1st July 2016, 02:24 PM

I always thought that Sora turning good was kind of a waste. It was too sudden as well.

Destiny91
1st July 2016, 02:38 PM
The only thing I hope is that (after Dennis vs Yusho and all that stuff) we finally get a proper Yugo vs Yuri duel.

But right now, the only thing I care about is Yusho's "Sky Magician". Will we finally know what kind of monster it is and what Effects does it have?

King
1st July 2016, 05:19 PM
What if eveything that happens in ARC-V is just a prank ?

Volteccer
1st July 2016, 05:31 PM
What if eveything that happens in ARC-V is just a prank ?

The last shot of the series is Yuya versus Ishijima. Everything since the end of episode 1 was all in his head. There are no such thing as pendulum cards.

King
1st July 2016, 05:58 PM
The last shot of the series is Yuya versus Ishijima. Everything since the end of episode 1 was all in his head. There are no such thing as pendulum cards.

Everything tha happened is just a prank, From the Xyz Slaughter to Yusho's dissapearance...

SynjoDeonecros
1st July 2016, 06:35 PM
No, the last episode will be a rickroll to Gangnam Style.

KingKaash
2nd July 2016, 01:16 AM
The only thing I hope is that (after Dennis vs Yusho and all that stuff) we finally get a proper Yugo vs Yuri duel.

But right now, the only thing I care about is Yusho's "Sky Magician". Will we finally know what kind of monster it is and what Effects does it have?

I totally agree with both. I want Yugo vs Yuri and Sky Magician reveal. I expect Sky Magician to be OP since Yusho kicks butt and spreads Egao wherever he goes

SynjoDeonecros
2nd July 2016, 03:15 AM
They always called it that.

This was the first time I've heard them call it that, which is why I was surprised.

Sanokal
2nd July 2016, 03:16 AM
This was the first time I've heard them call it that, which is why I was surprised.

Really? Wait, you skipped a few episodes didn't you?

LolsterXD97
2nd July 2016, 03:12 PM

Its Kachidoki:

Episode 113: 修羅の渇望 – Shura no Katsubou
(The Thirst for Carnage)
Dennis appears before Yuya and his friends, who have arrived in the Fusion Dimension. Standing behind him is a man Yuya once fought against…

Summary:
Dennis and Academia’s soldiers appear before Yuya and his friends, who have arrived in the Fusion Dimension. Standing behind Dennis is a man Yuya once fought against. The Duel that Dennis set up to slow down Yuya then begins…!

Cast:
Sakaki Yuya
Yuto
Yugo
Hiiragi Yuzu
Gongenzaka Noboru
Sawatari Shingo
Kaito
Narrator
Dennis Macfield
Kachidoki Isao
Extras

Script: 田村 竜 || Tamura Ryou
Direction: 武藤公春 || Mutou Kimiharu
Storyboard: 髙田昌宏 || Takada Masahiro
Animation Director(s): 川村裕哉 || Kawamura Yuya

Source: http://neoarkcradle.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=5577&pid=368916#pid368916

That little backstory we got from him will come to fruition.

ScionStorm
2nd July 2016, 08:48 PM
I totally agree with both. I want Yugo vs Yuri and Sky Magician reveal. I expect Sky Magician to be OP since Yusho kicks butt and spreads Egao wherever he goes

I want another duel with Asuka. I want to see Rin and Ruri duel already!

KingKaash
2nd July 2016, 09:24 PM
I want another duel with Asuka. I want to see Rin and Ruri duel already!

If we get any duel involving Rin and Ruri, it'll be a brainwashed version of them versus Yugo and Shun.