PDA

View Full Version : those Rarity Changes

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 01:31 AM
http://ygorganization.com/tcgchangeinrarities/
For those who haven't seen yet

so.....Shit I dunno how to feel about this. I like easier shinies but I am gonna miss Ultimate rares
Thoughts?

GG ELDIUS
18th September 2015, 01:45 AM
I like the idea of guaranteed value out of every pack.

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 01:45 AM
I'm going to miss Ghost rares, myself. I liked them the most.

Archfiend
18th September 2015, 01:51 AM
I like the idea of guaranteed value out of every pack.

Who wouldn't.

Blue
18th September 2015, 01:52 AM
I'm sad about the ghost rares because that's my favorite rarity, but 1 guaranteed foil per pack is a good exchange imo.

Moe Lord
18th September 2015, 01:54 AM
Here is to hoping it will lessen the price on expensive secret rares with 2 secrets per box.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 01:54 AM
assured rares are nice yeah
wonder what this will do for value of cards. God damnit if they start shortprinting things more in the meantime I WILL BE SALTY​

Moe Lord
18th September 2015, 01:59 AM
Oh its konami i wouldnt be surprised if we started getting short print secrets to make up for this change of pace.

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 02:16 AM
As long as it doesn't have a negative effect on my second job, I'll be happy.

GG ELDIUS
18th September 2015, 02:19 AM
My chief concern about this change is how it will affect the secondary market.

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 02:27 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Konami's way of trying to hit that without being too obvious, while also making it more appealing for everyone else.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 02:27 AM

I'm a horrible vendor.
Short printed shit will be valuable as fuck, everything else is coming down.
yeah gimme my Ph.D for that epic use of brainpower.

seriously, its not gonna change much. Rarites really mattered most at the launch of the product, after that inflation dies off I imagine it will be the same as before. just that shininess is more of a cosmetic thing then it was before

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 02:33 AM
I'm a horrible vendor.
Short printed shit will be valuable as fuck, everything else is coming down.
yeah gimme my Ph.D for that epic use of brainpower.

seriously, its not gonna change much. Rarites really mattered most at the launch of the product, after that inflation dies off I imagine it will be the same as before. just that shininess is more of a cosmetic thing then it was before

It's not just rarity, though, it's the actual card's worth to the meta. A card can be shortprinted secret ultimate ghost rare, but if it's a crap card only collectors will want it. If you have to buy two boxes to get anything worth selling, you run the risk of not breaking even or making profit.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 02:35 AM
Which is what I meant by "Same as Before"

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 02:42 AM
Not entirely, before now you had a reasonable chance to make profit if the overall set was value. Now that everyone gets at least a super, the value of any good supers will drop, and you'll be relying on ultras and secrets to make any good money. Of course, it won't matter if they short print the good supers, but we'll have to wait until the set release to know for sure.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 02:44 AM
and THATS​ what I meant when I said "Horrible Vendor"

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 02:49 AM
I figured you were just being witty. Well, then.

At the very least, I feel like I made more than enough off this game already so if the secondary market becomes too much trouble, I won't really be losing out on anything other than some extra cash.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 02:55 AM
the second and thrid lines, yes. I really am a shitty vendor. I just get lucky with pulls. REALLY lucky.
My first 7 packs of LVAL were 101, C101, Shared Ride, Powered inzektron, Bujin Hare and Purdur. 6 shinies of 7 packs, 2 ultras and a secret.

or getting 3 packs of DUEA and getting Shaddoll Midrash, construct and Fusion. in that order

Not as lucky as my appropriately nicknamed friend, Lucky Irish Bastard, though

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 03:11 AM
Fair enough. I'm not sure what the most luck I had was, though. I've had quite a few crazy moments. Maybe with Dark Beginning 2 when I bought the last two packs from a box, and they had Morphing Jar and Cyber Stein as the rares.

Tachyonic
18th September 2015, 04:12 AM
I am pleased with these changes. At least Ultimates will still exist in tournament packs.

TheRamenNoodle
18th September 2015, 04:19 AM
Gonna miss some Ultis fo sho, but otherwise I'm pretty happy about this. But what's the point of rares now lol

GG Ravelphax
18th September 2015, 05:31 AM
Gonna miss some Ultis fo sho, but otherwise I'm pretty happy about this. But what's the point of rares now lol

Same as before, you're guaranteed some sort of not so common value that usually premieres with a value of $1.

With Foils, the "secondary market" is now pushing the idea that buying packs is more cost effective than going to a vendor for singles.

It's an easy way to push packs of shelves and prohibit the ability of vendors to buy bulk and retain excess value in Ghost Rares, Ultimate Rares and presumably secrets.

Devocrown
18th September 2015, 06:36 AM
So I missed a lot today....

Ok let's begin

Now I really love this idea and hate it at the same time

Pros:
-Now most decks can have some bling to them with ought being too expensive
- Brings more value to actually wanting to buy packs without the worry of not pulling anything
- Like above more value for booster boxes

Cons:
- No more Ultimate or Ghost rares (Ultis I can deal with since they're not gone completely, but I don't go to tournaments so....but Ghosts are my favorite rarity and I'm sad too see them go for no reason. I mean really you get like one every case or so?
- My DM brain is hating on this so much. "Back in my day you either get a rare or a holo and even the holos weren't guaranteed, you youngsters got it easy -_-"

The To Be Determined
- Exactly how many ultras, supers, and secrets will be in a set now?
- Will cards that don't deserve high rarity get it?
- The Secondary Market?
- Lowers the value of cards/make the game more budget friendly?

This is a change I'll accept if Konami does it right that is. I mean I love the bling but the secondary market doesn't want me to be happy

LionOhDay
18th September 2015, 07:45 AM
It seems pretty apparent Konami is trying to figure out what to do with Ghost Rares. Apparently they are expensive for them to make so they're probably trying to figure that out... maybe we'll see them in mega tins? Or... something. ( Though I hate that rarity and ultimate rares. Bleh They look awful in my opinion. )

Won't set wise they just end up as normal?

Personally I think this is a great change! It's always a bummer buying a pack and not getting anything shiny. Lets see some shiny cards! ( and come on Konami make full arts a thing please?!)

GodYuya
18th September 2015, 09:40 AM
Actually, I don't really care about the second market - as long as I can get the cards I want.
I mean, the second market is always expensive. So it is a relief to have a lower price.

Lord Bunilla
18th September 2015, 10:10 AM
- Exactly how many ultras, supers, and secrets will be in a set now?

8 Secrets
10 Ultras
14 Supers
20 Rares
48 Commons

Like usual. (http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/products/bp-bosh.html)

SynjoDeonecros
18th September 2015, 03:36 PM
So, we're getting a guaranteed foil in each pack, eh? That's awesome. Don't like that the Ultimate Rares are going to be tournament pack only, because I like their designs. Can't say the same for Ghost Rares; I find them extremely hard to see the artwork of. Hopefully, this means better pulls and more consistent money cards.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
18th September 2015, 11:14 PM
As long as they don't start short printing certain cards out the ass, guaranteed foils and more thereof are nice. I'm going to be awfully bitter about losing UtRs and GRs because they look fucking sexy, regardless. Knowing Komoney, short printing is more than likely going to be A Thing™, so it's going to be a kick in the genitals for us players, probably.

Flumpor
19th September 2015, 06:09 PM
This is an interesting change and I am in favor of it, even if they "shortprint". Let me explain.
We have twice the chances of Secret Rares and if they limit the run of certain secret rares by let's say 50% of the other secret rares, we still end up at the same point we are now, but what it will do is keep down the prices of the other SCRs. I mean Black Stone of Legend is at around 40, not because of playability but hype, this might be a card that wouldn't be shortprinted and the price may be at 20 or something (because I think the Short Prints would be Excentric and Mistaken Arrest).
Really Konami would need to REALLY shortprint heavily, but I don't think they would be more greedy then now.
And if there won't be shortprints, then high-fives all around.