PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 112 Discussion: The Egao Virus / Magician vs Magician

KingJinzo
3rd July 2016, 03:35 PM
...Er... First the most obvious thing: Edo and the Tyler Sister do a Heel-Face Turn and so do the maskless fodders. That's pretty...easy. Everyone seems to believe that egao is the right answer to everything.
We learn from Edo that there IS a way to de-card people. Allen gives Yuya the rollerblades. Sayaka gives Kaito Little Fairy. Yuya, Kaito, Gongenzaka and Sawatari are heading towards Academia, while Edo and a comatosed Kurosaki stay in Heartland.

Back to Yuzu and co.
Dennis is back. (How easy is their base to find?!) As expected, Dennis and Yusho know each other. And the former brings some fodder with him. Dennis gives me a post-reveal Sora vibe. He challenges Yusho and he uses Performages again. (Irony? Symbolism?)

Yusho uses a magic trick to help everyone to run away, including himself. While Yuzu and Yugo are surrounded, Yugo is teleported away and Yuya hits the field with his three guys. That's right. Yuzu and Yugo reunite. However, Dennis has conveniently brought Kachidoki back. (I was wondering if he ever becomes relevant again?)

Preview:

-Yuya vs Kachidoki rematch. (Finally he gets egao'd.)

LolsterXD97
3rd July 2016, 03:41 PM
It seems that the only objective of the Xyz Arc was change Shun with Kaito... The second part was definitively the best with motherfucking Dennis being back and having some real action, the Duel was obviously lackluster but Yusho tricked Dennis for real with Miracle Hats by having a Spell that could be treated as a monster in hand. I will just ignore all the Academia people in Xyz got egao'd (except Grace, she is cute).

For the next episode, we have Kachidoki vs Yuya with the former ready to beat the crap out of the latter with these strange markings.

yshipster
3rd July 2016, 04:53 PM
I would have felt better if they didn't went to the Xyz dimension, since those episode just felt completely random, like the character development, and the duels were either irrelevant or an obvious advertisement (more obvious than normal) for few cards, and in both cases not that good (in my opinion). I would have liked it more if Kaito would be some kind of underground resistance leader in the Academia, and Alexis and Edo the champions of the Academia, who would have been convinced to Egao by Yuya during that Arc...

Oh and todays episode just shares my above mentioned problems.

ScionStorm
3rd July 2016, 06:56 PM
If we ever get a straight up Arc-V videogame the goal of the game is going to end up being "recruit as many people into the Egao Cult as possible", I swear to Ra.

NassX
3rd July 2016, 07:02 PM
https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t35.0-12/13579864_1057036797666246_1236395383_o.png?oh=be3e 63f04e8f3316bd2dfadfcb3f2d2e&oe=577B2273
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/5/59/OddEyesRebellionDragon-JP-Anime-AV-NC.png/revision/latest?cb=20150308182916

Next episode Yuya will summon odd-eyes Rebellion dragon? will it avenge itself?
* the second image is just to show that the leg if from OERD

yshipster
3rd July 2016, 07:51 PM
https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t35.0-12/13579864_1057036797666246_1236395383_o.png?oh=be3e 63f04e8f3316bd2dfadfcb3f2d2e&oe=577B2273
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/5/59/OddEyesRebellionDragon-JP-Anime-AV-NC.png/revision/latest?cb=20150308182916

Next episode Yuya will summon odd-eyes Rebellion dragon? will it avenge itself?
* the second image is just to show that the leg if from OERD

No its Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, Odd-Eyes has 3 claws per leg:
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/c/c0/DarkRebellionXyzDragon-WIRA-EN-R-1E.png/revision/latest?cb=20160213125622

NassX
3rd July 2016, 08:50 PM
you're right. maybe yuya wants some nostalgia

ScionStorm
3rd July 2016, 09:46 PM
you're right. maybe yuya wants some nostalgia

Isao was the first opponent Yuya summoned DRXD against in season 1.

KingJinzo
3rd July 2016, 09:52 PM
Kachidoki was the first opponent Yuya summoned DRXD against in season 1.

I want Kachidoki to be rekt again.

yshipster
3rd July 2016, 10:58 PM
I want Kachidoki to be rekt again.

Very unlikely to happen ...

NOT

ScionStorm
3rd July 2016, 11:57 PM
I just want them to fix the naming of the series because as of now the way they are named completely screws any chances of them being a proper functioning archetype. The naming of the Ryozenpaku Star theme's monsters was not well thought out. At all.

King
4th July 2016, 03:06 AM
Sad we couldn't see another Decent Xyz User besides Kaito.

kuchiki
4th July 2016, 06:56 AM
So with the end of this episode pretty much concludes xyz dimension arc which was about 12-13 episodes less than what I predicted at 15. Usually I like to watch the episodes in a binge of about 5-6 instead of weekly so the pacing was quite faster than expected.

A few people have said that the whole plot for this arc had no real motive and I do agree because the story is sort of thrown all over the place. Arrive in heartland city to find it destroyed, find any surviving resistance members, defeat academia soldiers, etc. The whole deal with Kite battling his anger against academia to suddenly now trusting his comrades made no real sense.

They do explain a bit how Kite had resolved his emotions in this episode from dueling Yuya and Shun, but really its confusing and he just happened to conveniently arrive to save Yuya and Shun when they dueled obelisk soldiers. Odd that apparently most of the resistance members got defeated by supposedly said Academia come out of the blue because Kite brought them. I mean did Kite not say "I don't need any comrades before" ?

A bit of a let down with this arc because I thought the story was supposed to be "dark" but no they just try to lighten up the mood with EGAO this blah blah smile is for dueling and fun that so while last season had slower pacing, I enjoyed the duels better compared to this one.

Gloria and Grace vs Yuya and Shun had me all excited for a good tag duel but nope Yuya just goes full egao and wins in one turn okay...

Yuya vs Aster another let down because the dude literally would not admit he had some serious obsession with egao, plus the lack of destiny hero support is once again subpar.

Aster gets defeated and poof the story is all said and done just like that with everyone in academia finding the errors in their ways. Shun gets left behind in heartland because he is wounded and Kite takes his place. If Kite gets to cross fusion dimension I really hope we get to see either Jack or Crow join from synchro dimension as well.

Next episode surprise they bring back that one dude from the tournament because "revenge" is sweet at best or really academia SERIOUSLY NEEDS MORE THREATING ANTAGONIST FOR REAL. Sorry I hate to say it but Aster was a let down and same goes with Gloria and Grace.

Zarkiel
4th July 2016, 07:48 AM
I feel like the xyz dimension part really wasn't necessary, but it was nice to get a little backstory for yuto and shun. I just don't understand why we need kaito other than nostagia. Especially if he's going to replace shun, one of the best characters for this series.

Also, calling it now, Kaito will lose because he top decks little fairy in some duel, much like how shun lost because he trusted an action card.

Eternalight
4th July 2016, 08:44 AM
Too bad we didn't really get a glimpse of what archetype Yusho will play.

Yup, called it that Dennis was Yusho's student in the Xyz dimension.
Also props to some of you who called that Isao will be the one who come back.

It really feels like they cut off 75% of Xyz dimension arc contents. It seems like they (suddenly) want to merge xyz dimension and fusion dimension arc. Maybe because of budgets or they don't really get a good rating or something. I don't know.
We have around 50 episodes for Standard Dimension, 50 episodes for Synchro, so from the way it went, I expect there will be 50 for Xyz and another 50 for Academia + conclusion (that makes it around 200 episodes).
But again, the total episodes for YGO anime has been decreasing since GX. (around 220 episodes for the 1st one; 180 for GX; 150 for 5ds; and below 150 for Zexal)

What I once expected from Xyz dimension:
1. The still ongoing war & conflict between Resistance and Academia. Yuya will find a way to spread his Egao cult in this situation.
2. After losing to Yuya, Edo will retreat and start to accept the Egao cult, and also questioning Academia's real motif from the professor.
3. A little bit information about Academia, Fusion Dimension, and Arc Area Project.
4. A few scenes about what's happening to standard dimension and Reiji's group.
5. Finally the war resolved by Yuya+Shun from the resistance and Edo (who finally gives in to Egao) from the Academia.

Too bad they rushed everything.

And with this episode, we can conclude the Xyz dimension arc.

yyythefuchs
4th July 2016, 11:29 AM
To be honest, I didn't like this last one because they've fitted three-four episodes story into one.

1-) Edo, Gloria,Grace, Mamoru & Academia Students have changed their minds (180 degrees in opposite direction) --> So easy :)
2-) Kite & Allen embraced Academia --> Soooo easy ;)
3-) The truth about the people who had been sealed in cards --> Not a big deal :cool:
4-) Dennis have found the hideout of You Show Duel School by the help of eyewitnesses --> C'mon, you can do better than that :(
5-) Yuya has teleported, just exactly, to the place where Yuzu is --> No comment :eek:

I think the best thing about this episode was seeing Isao. I hope the writers do not rush like this again.

Baconator
4th July 2016, 01:43 PM
Calling it now, the second returning character from ZEXAL will be in the fusion dimension. Konami loves their patterns way too much. I know it's not going to be Vector, but at the same time I REALLY want it to be Vector. Give me my playable umbral horrors dammit.

Indytotof
4th July 2016, 02:15 PM
Calling it now, the second returning character from ZEXAL will be in the fusion dimension. Konami loves their patterns way too much. I know it's not going to be Vector, but at the same time I REALLY want it to be Vector. Give me my playable umbral horrors dammit.

Inb4 it's Shark.

Sanokal
4th July 2016, 05:48 PM
Inb4 it's Shark.

We already have Shark. He's called Shay

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
4th July 2016, 06:22 PM

Shun is more Kaito than Shark.

Sanokal
5th July 2016, 06:03 AM
Shun is more Kaito than Shark.

It's more that this Kite is more like Shay.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
5th July 2016, 08:26 AM
It's more that this Kite is more like Shay.

Shun to begin with was like Zexal's Kaito-- a seasoned, soldier-like duelist with plenty of edge and a soft spot for family. Shun was never a school bully nor a delinquent.

Sanokal
5th July 2016, 09:31 AM
The little sister thing and revenge for her tends to dominate in the thoughts of more. Though the soul thing is definitely pure Kite of course.

ScionStorm
5th July 2016, 09:40 AM
Inb4 it's Shark.

I'd rather it be his sister. We spent the entire season 2 not introducing a single new female duelist. Unless you count Rin who we haven't even seen an actual duel from yet.

Baconator
5th July 2016, 02:39 PM

Inb4 Shun is the boss of the fusion dimension.

KingKaash
6th July 2016, 02:35 AM
So that's it huh? That's the end of the Xyz Dimension? Wow. WTF.

I went off kinda hard in the episode discussion last week about how the Xyz Dimension was going to quickly, so I'll try to keep it shorter this time. But like others, I'm disappointed with the Xyz Dimension. We never got a new capable Xyz duelist character besides Kaito. We never got an Xyz Performapal monster like many including myself, thought was coming. We never got the return of OERD. Edo and the Tylers turned good to quickly. I expected dark storylines. Maybe our expectations were too high. Maybe I wanted too much. But less than 15 Xyz episodes is below a lot of standards I bet. Only nice things were Dark Requiem and Kaito's return.

Looking forward, the rush into the Fusion Dimension is equally absurd. First, Shun isn't even there. The one guy who's really wanted to take revenge on Academia since Day 1 is hospitalized. Kaito is no way a bad substitute. But he's not suppose to be a sub. Kaito and Shun are supposed to invade the Fusion Dimension together. And they're suppose to invade with anger and ruthlessness. But with Yuya's egao virus spreading, I feel like Kaito and Shun have gotten softer. And that's sad because their anger towards Academia was one of the draws for me to watch the show.

And what strategy is Yuya walking in with? It's all being rushed badly. The Synchro Dimension ending was great because all the main Lancers (expect Serena) united together and it seemed that they were going to invade as a strong unit until that teleporter went haywire and screwed things up. Now Yuya is just going to bumrush into Academia without Reiji, Jack and the rest of the Lancers? It's just been rushed and happened to quickly. No monumental speech or sense of unified strength. Just the writers saying, "Alright let's get these guys out of the Xyz Dimension quick."

Yuya needs to lose to someone strong soon to make this interesting again.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
6th July 2016, 05:45 AM
The little sister thing and revenge for her tends to dominate in the thoughts of more. Though the soul thing is definitely pure Kite of course.

Kaito goes pretty fucking ballistic when Haruto is threatened.

On a general note, I can't help but lament the absolute lack of dramatic tension. I would have hoped that the Xyz Dimension arc would have helped build up a sense of dire urgency or high stakes in the plot, but really, there's been no major danger at all. We all know Shun is going to swoop in at some dramatic moment with a big damn heroes and save Ruri when the current team gets put in a pinch.

KingJinzo
6th July 2016, 06:56 PM
So that's it huh? That's the end of the Xyz Dimension? Wow. WTF.

I went off kinda hard in the episode discussion last week about how the Xyz Dimension was going to quickly, so I'll try to keep it shorter this time. But like others, I'm disappointed with the Xyz Dimension. We never got a new capable Xyz duelist character besides Kaito.

Not that they are that many of them to begin with. The random new faces this episode came out of nowhere.

Bloodclown
6th July 2016, 07:45 PM
Only good part of this XYZ arc was getting Kaito/Kite as an ally; was hoping to see Cipher Dragon's evolution form but I'll wait for something dramatic to happen.

Indytotof
7th July 2016, 08:11 AM
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/d/2/d263b096-s.jpg

Dennis vs Kaito ?

NassX
7th July 2016, 12:35 PM

Dennis vs Kaito ?

it seems like it. That is hyped

LolsterXD97
7th July 2016, 12:42 PM

Dennis vs Kaito ?

114 is Dennis vs Kaito, 115 is Yuya vs Captain Solo, 115 is Kaito and Yugo vs tower guardians, 116 is Yugo vs Rin.

Indytotof
7th July 2016, 12:44 PM
114 is Dennis vs Kaito, 115 is Yuya vs Captain Solo, 115 is Kaito and Yugo vs tower guardians, 116 is Yugo vs Rin.

Captain Solo ? You mean Barrett ?

LolsterXD97
7th July 2016, 12:47 PM
Captain Solo ? You mean Barrett ?

No, it is a new character. Yuya and co. ended in a pirate ship with the "help" of Serena and ran into him.

NassX
7th July 2016, 01:13 PM
No, it is a new character. Yuya and co. ended in a pirate ship with the "help" of Serena and ran into him.
where did you get those info?

LolsterXD97
7th July 2016, 01:15 PM
where did you get those info?

Episode 114: 闇に輝く超銀河 - Yami ni Kagayaku Chouginga
(The Supreme Galaxy Shining in the Darkness)

Yushou and the others board the ship heading towards Academia. On the ship, a match between Kaito and Dennis begins. The two duelists, who were both Yushou's students, fight fiercely for what they believe in and the people they want to protect.

Script: Kamishiro Tsutomu
Script: 上代 務 || Kamishiro Tsutomu
Direction: 李カンミン || Lee Kan Min
Storyboard: 須永 司 || Sunaga Tsukasa
Animation Director(s): Lee Sung-jin, Lee Seok-yoon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Episode 115: 決闘(デュエル)海賊キャプテン・ソロ - Dyueru Kaizoku Kyaputen Soro
(The Duel Pirate - Captain Solo)

The ship that Yuya and co. boarded, with the "help" of Serena, turns out to be a pirate ship. Even though they find out the truth in the end, it is already too late. A shaken Yuya and co. are assaulted fiercely by the Captain Solo. Suddenly, a familiar voice...?

Script: 前川 淳 || Maekawa Atsushi
Direction: 三家本泰美|| Mikamoto Yasumi
Storyboard: まつもとよしひさ|| Matsumoto Yoshihisa
Animation Director(s): 山崎輝彦、佐藤瑞樹 || Yamazaki Teruhiko, Satou Mizuki
Episode 116: 太陽と月の守護者 - Taiyou to Tsuki no Shugosha
(Guardians of the Sun and Moon)

Yugo learns that Rin is being held captive on one of Academia's towers and heads towards there immediately. Standing before him is the "Keeper of the Eastern Tower". At the same time, the "Keeper of the Western Tower" stands before Kaito who is trying to save Ruri.

Direction: 児谷直樹 || Kotani Naoki
Storyboard: 児谷直樹 || Kotani Naoki
Animation Director(s): 蛯名秀和|| EBINA Hidekazu
Episode 117: 牙をむく鈴の音 - Kiba o Muku Suzu no Oto
(The Sinister Bellís Chime)

Yugo and Rin happily reunites. But, suddenly, Rin challenges Yugo to a duel! Despite being childhood friends who grew up and dueled together in the City, Yugo senses that something is wrong with the monster that Rin summoned.

Direction: 湖山禎崇 || Koyama Yoshitaka
Storyboard: 髙田昌宏 || Takada Masahiro
Animation Director(s): 君野 敏 || Masuda Toshihiko

Source: http://neoarkcradle.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=5577&page=127

Indytotof
7th July 2016, 01:19 PM
Episode 114: 闇に輝く超銀河 - Yami ni Kagayaku Chouginga
(The Supreme Galaxy Shining in the Darkness)

Direction: 李カンミン || Lee Kan Min
Storyboard: 須永 司 || Sunaga Tsukasa
Animation Director(s): Lee Sung-jin, Lee Seok-yoon
Episode 115: 決闘(デュエル)海賊キャプテン・ソロ - Dyueru Kaizoku Kyaputen Soro
(The Duel Pirate - Captain Solo)

Direction: 三家本泰美|| Mikamoto Yasumi
Storyboard: まつもとよしひさ|| Matsumoto Yoshihisa
Animation Director(s): 山崎輝彦、佐藤瑞樹 || Yamazaki Teruhiko, Satou Mizuki
Episode 116: 太陽と月の守護者 - Taiyou to Tsuki no Shugosha
(Guardians of the Sun and Moon)

Direction: 児谷直樹 || Kotani Naoki
Storyboard: 児谷直樹 || Kotani Naoki
Animation Director(s): 蛯名秀和|| EBINA Hidekazu
Episode 117: 牙をむく鈴の音 - Kiba o Muku Suzu no Oto
(The Sinister Bell’s Chime)

Direction: 湖山禎崇 || Koyama Yoshitaka
Storyboard: 髙田昌宏 || Takada Masahiro
Animation Director(s): 君野 敏 || Masuda Toshihiko

Source: http://neoarkcradle.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=5577&page=127

Konami have watched too much Star Wars

LolsterXD97
7th July 2016, 01:22 PM
Konami have watched too much Star Wars

And also are expecting the new Pokemon games.

Indytotof
7th July 2016, 01:23 PM
And also are expecting the new Pokemon games.

Yep.

Also, this whole thing make my theory-crafting mind work at full power. Might post it big potential BIG SPOILERS if I'm right