PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 113 Discussion: Fist of Fury - The Cursed Revenge of Kachidoki

KingJinzo
10th July 2016, 02:43 PM
The pre-intro has changed, this time it's focusing on the dragon boys and their dragons. The opening hasn't changed, though. Dennis sends his grunts to deal with Yuzu and co. and he runs away (apparently to look for Yushou) while Kaito runs after him. "The guy who is never called by his first name ever"-Kachidoki challenges Yuya to a rematch because he is a sore loser, and Yuya agrees to correct the "mistake" he did last time they dueled.

As expected, Kachidoki Fusion Summons a new monster, which is in the title of the episode: Shura. This time he uses a loophole of Xyz Monsters having no Levels as if they're Level 0. However, with Yuya's Xiangke and Xiangsheng duo, he overcomes some of these problems. Since it's an Action Duel, both duelist play in their usual styles, but Yuya's newly acquired rollerblades help him to get Action Cards better than before. Of course, Yuya wins the duel with another spectacular Entertainment Duel and egaos Kachidoki.
Yuya could have easily Xyz Summoned Dark Requiem without a RUM this episode, but he doesn't do it for some reason.

Preview:

-Dennis catches up to Yushou and Asuka, so does Kaito.
-Dennis and Kaito duel each other.
-Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon gets its Neo upgrade.

LolsterXD97
10th July 2016, 02:50 PM
Isao lost because he had bigger balls.

SynjoDeonecros
10th July 2016, 03:16 PM
Oh, god, NO! No more egao! No more egao! Why must it always be egao?! Hello Dark Ness, my old friend... http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/xabinotter/Dark%20Ness_zpsj75vajxh.jpg

KingJinzo
10th July 2016, 03:26 PM
Kachidoki lost because he had bigger balls.

His deck looks kind of terrible. His Extra Deck is promising, but his Main Decks monsters have too high Levels.

LolsterXD97
10th July 2016, 03:58 PM
His deck looks kind of terrible. His Extra Deck is promising, but his Main Decks monsters have too high Levels.

Too high? They are only Level 5.

SynjoDeonecros
10th July 2016, 04:52 PM
"Welcome to the Egao Cult, guy who tried to murder me in a duel. Now you better keep smiling, y'hear? OR ELSE WE WILL END YOU! Ta-ta! *innocent giggle*"

Dyson Sphere
10th July 2016, 07:15 PM

how to fix that, if the fusions come to tcg just have 1 Wind + 1 Earth monster instead of having one "sky" +1 "earth" monster for idaten and for shura just have it idaten + 1 warrior

ScionStorm
10th July 2016, 07:42 PM
how to fix that, if the fusions come to tcg just have 1 Wind + 1 Earth monster instead of having one "sky" +1 "earth" monster for idaten and for shura just have it idaten + 1 warrior

That's really boring but I can see that happening.

The Sky and Earth monsters are like Sora's Fluffal and Edge Imp monsters. They make the deck more unique. And if they could get the names fixed in the OCG, then Ryozanpaku's Star fusion series would be pretty interesting with 7 main deck monsters and 4 fusions.

All of the Sky and Earth monsters are high level. Kachidoki's are all level 5. Nagi and Taka's were Levels 7 and 6.

Hayate: "If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing."

Tenma: "If you control an EARTH monster, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing."

Kaiki: "If a Fusion Monster(s) you control loses ATK, you can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard)."

Baconator
10th July 2016, 09:03 PM
That's really boring but I can see that happening.

The Sky and Earth monsters are like Sora's Fluffal and Edge Imp monsters. They make the deck more unique. And if they could get the names fixed in the OCG, then Ryozanpaku's Star fusion series would be pretty interesting with 7 main deck monsters and 4 fusions.

All of the Sky and Earth monsters are high level. Kachidoki's are all level 5. Nagi and Taka's were Levels 7 and 6.

Hayate: "If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing."

Tenma: "If you control an EARTH monster, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing."

Kaiki: "If a Fusion Monster(s) you control loses ATK, you can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard)."

Better than Sora's anime cards, but they're still gonna have to be remade to not be ass.

KingJinzo
10th July 2016, 09:55 PM
Too high? They are only Level 5.

Try to Normal Summon them.

KingJinzo
10th July 2016, 10:13 PM
Oh, god, NO! No more egao! No more egao! Why must it always be egao?! Hello Dark Ness, my old friend... http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/xabinotter/Dark%20Ness_zpsj75vajxh.jpg

Because everyone becoming a dick would suck.

ScionStorm
10th July 2016, 10:50 PM

As I noted, Hayate can be Normal Summoned without tributes if your opponent has a monster and you have none, while Tenma can be summoned without tributes as long as you control an EARTH monster. The new one can be SS from the grave if your fusion monster loses ATK. They are built in ways to circumvent the need to tribute. Further monsters would likely continue this trend.

Mofiz
10th July 2016, 10:57 PM

Didn't stop Qlis from being meta

LolsterXD97
10th July 2016, 11:06 PM

Hayate can be Summoned if you control no monsters, Tenma can be Summoned if you control an EARTH monster, and Kaiki can be Summoned from the Graveyard by a simple Forbidden Lance on Idaten. There is also Feast of the Wild LV5.

Baconator
10th July 2016, 11:41 PM
Hayate can be Summoned if you control no monsters, Tenma can be Summoned if you control an EARTH monster, and Kaiki can be Summoned from the Graveyard by a simple Forbidden Lance on Idaten. There is also Feast of the Wild LV5.

Isn't this a fusion deck anyway? I haven't watched the episode yet, so am I missing something?

LolsterXD97
10th July 2016, 11:59 PM
Isn't this a fusion deck anyway? I haven't watched the episode yet, so am I missing something?

Yeah, but this is about the viability of the Main Deck monsters, since they have high Levels.

Zarkiel
11th July 2016, 07:58 AM
I was kind of hoping Kachidoki would at least react to the whole fusion dimension thing and the lancer guy being bad, but nope, revenge is everything. So much for Dennis teaching him fusion. Oh well, I can exert my crazy thought process to other stuff now.

Also I guess losing twice is what calls for the "excommunication" since we know he lost to that spellbook duelist that got a very small amount of screen time.

SynjoDeonecros
11th July 2016, 03:58 PM
Because everyone becoming a dick would suck.

But they convert to the Egao cult so easily, now...

Sanokal
11th July 2016, 06:36 PM
But they convert to the Egao cult so easily, now...

That's because everyone is Yuya's bitches. Except Dennis. He's already converted; he just happens to be a bad guy. Which makes dealing with him a little tricky.

ScionStorm
11th July 2016, 07:15 PM
That's because everyone is Yuya's bitches. Except Dennis. He's already converted; he just happens to be a bad guy. Which makes dealing with him a little tricky.

Dennis is The Joker, Yuto is Batman, Shun is Robin(Nightwing), Ruri is Batgirl. Kaito is... who cares what Kaito is.

Baconator
11th July 2016, 07:28 PM
Yeah, but this is about the viability of the Main Deck monsters, since they have high Levels.

That seems like looking at 99% of extra deck based decks and saying the decks are bad because the main deck monsters can't do much.

KingJinzo
11th July 2016, 09:06 PM
Dennis is The Joker, Yuto is Batman, Kurosaki is Robin(Nightwing), Ruri is Batgirl. Kaito is... who cares what Kaito is.
Kaito is the Arkham Knight.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't stop Qlis from being meta

These are also Pendulums. So spamming them is way easier.

Mofiz
11th July 2016, 09:31 PM

- - - Updated - - -

These are also Pendulums. So spamming them is way easier.

Darklords, Blue-Eyes, Kaijus

KingJinzo
11th July 2016, 10:11 PM
Darklords, Blue-Eyes, Kaijus

These are different from the Stars.

ScionStorm
11th July 2016, 10:42 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Why you keep editing my post in quotes to put Shun's last name while keeping everyone else' first name?

Mofiz
11th July 2016, 11:39 PM
These are different from the Stars.

So? they still summon themselves
Point is: High Level doesn't matter at all, if the archtype bypasses it anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Yuya could have easily Xyz Summoned Dark Requiem without a RUM this episode, but he doesn't do it for some reason.

"For some reason". Not having an effect when Dark Rebellion isn't attached

LolsterXD97
11th July 2016, 11:44 PM
"For some reason". Not having an effect when Dark Rebellion isn't attached

He could have made Dark Rebellion Level 5, overlay it with Drumming Kong, and still have its effects able to be activated since it would have Dark Rebellion as a Material. But it wouldn't have served anyway, since Shura didn't have ATK to absorb and Isao never used destroy effects.

On another note, Pyro Lobster being FIRE and Aqua-Type is really rare, I like it.

KingKaash
12th July 2016, 01:55 AM
As his dueling style suggests, that was actually pretty entertaining. I like Shura's effect of making everything on the field 0 ATK and then using his LV 12 advantage to win battles. That's creative. I doubt it but it'd be crazy if that Sealing Demon Flash ever became a real card.

I lol'd when Yuzu said that Gong was there to protect her and didn't even mention Sawatari. The master of fodder! Plus Yuto in kind of an Astral role and commenting on Yuya's stuff was nice. Even though I do want more of Yuto

Next duel seems super intriguing to me. 2 Xyz users going all out. Kinda sad that Alexis hasn't done much even though I don't like female duelists all that much. I hope Dennis gets some more boss Performages.

And lastly, I might be the last person to realize this but now it makes sense that these towers from the opening aren't from the Xyz Dimension but actually from Academia

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh-arcv/images/b/bd/Arc_V_OP_5_Yugo_and_Rin.png/revision/latest?cb=20160404114336

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7jH2I6kdPEI/VwFhcuF1h8I/AAAAAAAAYuA/9HPrAPkXMSw09RN8eGDQQ2ufJwqdTrhnw/s379-p/YGO%2521%2BArc-V%2Bopening%2B5.%2B-%2B1

EDIT: I was totally wrong for predicting Berserk Yuya was coming

The mokey
12th July 2016, 04:11 PM
doesnt it have to be RUMīd to gain its effect in the Anime?

LolsterXD97
12th July 2016, 04:15 PM
doesnt it have to be RUMīd to gain its effect in the Anime?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Requiem_Xyz_Dragon_(anime)

It says it only needs to have Dark Rebellion as a Material, so using the Xiang Magicians to change its Level to 5 and then overlay with other monsters would work.

Indytotof
12th July 2016, 08:00 PM
Soo the new intro about the Four Dimension Dragons confirmed a part of my theory (each dragons calling to each other and sharing one mind, seeking for reunion). Nice !

ScionStorm
12th July 2016, 11:17 PM
Soo the new intro about the Four Dimension Dragons confirmed a part of my theory (each dragons calling to each other and sharing one mind, seeking for reunion). Nice !

No mention of the girls though. Even though their kidnapping and collecting by the Professor has been a major driving element for the series plot.

And I will say again, the goal of any video game properly based on Arc-V will simply be to recruit as many people as you can to the Egao religion.

Mofiz
13th July 2016, 01:42 AM
Theory? You mean the thing that was LITERALLY already stated by Yuto several episodes ago?

Indytotof
13th July 2016, 07:02 AM
Theory? You mean the thing that was LITERALLY already stated by Yuto several episodes ago?

It would have be nice if you read the thread about my theory first.

You've completely miss the point here.

Sanokal
13th July 2016, 08:41 AM

He hasn't missed the point, he just worded it badly.
He means that the dragons wanting to reunite has been confirmed for a while.

Mofiz
13th July 2016, 11:15 AM

Yuto already said that the Dragons were calling out for each other when they were at one point
And all 4 Yus already made obvious that they tried to become one when they repeadetly said "become one"

It doesn't matter what your theory is and I don't care anyway, point is that the new pre trailer didn't give ANY new information about anything at all, hence why it didn't confirm anything

Indytotof
13th July 2016, 11:36 AM
With Weekly Jump revealing some infos towards the Tower Guardians episode...

I'm glad the staff makes their researches well for the name of the guardians

Moon Tower guardian is called Diana, based on the Greek and Roman goddess of the Moon and Sun guardian is Appolo, based around the Greek and Roman god of the same name.

I'm really looking foward this episode. But I really want to see what "Neo Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon" (unofficial name I gave to Kaito new Xyz from 114 preview) is capable of.

KingJinzo
14th July 2016, 09:41 PM
Why you keep editing my post in quotes to put Kurosaki's last name while keeping everyone else' first name?

Because I myself never call him by his first name. Tell me how many characters call him by his first name and how many call him by his last name, but that is not a debate here. I call the characters they are refered to the most and how they are promoted by promo materials, the staff and in the anime. For me calling him by his first name is the same as calling Yugi by his last name, which nobody does. I'm not offending you, I simply hate seeing his first name, and it's not like I'm changing your quotes so much that something completely different would come out.

ScionStorm
14th July 2016, 10:23 PM
Because I myself never call him by his first name. Tell me how many characters call him by his first name and how many call him by his last name, but that is not a debate here. I call the characters they are refered to the most and how they are promoted by promo materials, the staff and in the anime. For me calling him by his first name is the same as calling Yugi by his last name, which nobody does. I'm not offending you, I simply hate seeing his first name, and it's not like I'm changing your quotes so much that something completely different would come out.

I was just curious. For consistency, you left everyone else with a first name. SO that was all. There are two Kurosakis on the show. And we'll be seeing the second one duel soon.

Sanokal
14th July 2016, 11:02 PM
I was just curious. For consistency, you left everyone else with a first name. SO that was all. There are two Kurosakis on the show. And we'll be seeing the second one duel soon.

Weirdly enough Lulu has never had her last name spoken on screen.

KingJinzo
15th July 2016, 06:29 PM

Well, if you've paid attention, if one character of a sibling pair is called by their last name, it's usually only that one.
Who is referred to as "Kaiba"? The older brother or Mokuba? (Or Gozaburo or Noa?) Who is referred to as "Saiou"? The brother or Mizuchi? Who is referred to as "Goodwin"? The younger brother or Rudger? (And even if I say "Rex", am I referring to Goodwin or Ryuzaki?) Who is referred to as "Manjoume"? The youngest brother, Shoji or Chosaku? Who is referred to as "Jounouchi"? The brother or Shizuka who has a completely different surname? Who is referred to as "Otogi"? The son or Mr. Crown? See? Nobody calls Ruri by her last name, while every non-Heartland character so far always calls her brother "Kurosaki", including the anime itself. For consistency, I call them by the name they are referred to the most.

Baconator
15th July 2016, 10:12 PM
Well, if you've paid attention, if one character of a sibling pair is called by their last name, it's usually only that one.
Who is referred to as "Kaiba"? The older brother or Mokuba? (Or Gozaburo or Noa?) Who is referred to as "Saiou"? The brother or Mizuchi? Who is referred to as "Goodwin"? The younger brother or Rudger? (And even if I say "Rex", am I referring to Goodwin or Ryuzaki?) Who is referred to as "Manjoume"? The youngest brother, Shoji or Chosaku? Who is referred to as "Jounouchi"? The brother or Shizuka who has a completely different surname? Who is referred to as "Otogi"? The son or Mr. Crown? See? Nobody calls Ruri by her last name, while every non-Heartland character so far always calls her brother "Kurosaki", including the anime itself. For consistency, I call them by the name they are referred to the most.

No offense, but it seems borderline OCD to change that in quoted posts.

KingJinzo
16th July 2016, 07:44 PM
No offense, but it seems borderline OCD to change that in quoted posts.

Don't worry. I'm not Elliot Reid.