PDA

View Full Version : Raccoon Sphinx Deck

SynjoDeonecros
18th September 2015, 07:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tBeggdn.png

EDIT: Okay, so basing on trends, I'm switching out the Baby Raccoons for The Fableds. Hopefully, that'll help things out with the lack of summoning potential.

xeroplazm
18th September 2015, 08:03 PM
Try using magic planter as it allows you to get rid of pyramid of light and then draw 2 cards so that's a bonus. Exodius can also help if you want to go for rank 10 plays since you can special summon it by resetting the graveyard so you can try again if you're attempts fail. Foolish burial can also kinda help as it'll make it so you can send Theinen to the graveyard from thhe deck so it doesn't become a dead draw later on.

SynjoDeonecros
18th September 2015, 08:23 PM
Theinen can't be brought out from the graveyard, only from the hand or deck, so Foolish Burial won't help. Magic Planter and Exodius, however, I never considered. I'll think about those.

SynjoDeonecros
25th September 2015, 02:54 PM
Magic Planter's a bit too expensive for me, right now. Got any other options I can use?

Dread Kaiser
25th September 2015, 03:10 PM
If it was me I'd honestly Ignore searching the Pyrimid of Light. the cat is slow and annoying. I'd just use other cards and either work around or just tribute the Coons summoned via School'd

Also, Why is The Fabled Unicore not in that Extra

SynjoDeonecros
25th September 2015, 05:40 PM
Hmm, that's true. Since the Sphinxes are Beast-Type, they won't get cockblocked by Obedience Schooled's restriction. Should I even have Pyramid of Light in this deck, or replace it with something else?

Dread Kaiser
25th September 2015, 05:44 PM
Hell yes keep the Pyrimid itself, free summoning is free summoning.

if you take that out, you may aswell replace the whole concept and replace the sphinxes with Obelisk

SynjoDeonecros
25th September 2015, 05:55 PM
Okay, so I'll ditch the Cat of Ill Omen for... what? Honestly, while the Raccoons are decent, I was mainly getting them out for Cat of Ill Omen. Maybe I should replace the whole engine with The Fabled, instead? Chawa and/or Nozoochi into Peggulsus/Cerburrel?

SynjoDeonecros
25th September 2015, 06:18 PM
I updated my deck on the OP, so if you want to check it out, there you go.

Dread Kaiser
25th September 2015, 06:19 PM
Replace the Cats with some Fableds yes, the ones that summon themselves on discard. they make both Easy tribute fodder, worth well with Bambi and can make going into Unicore as a backup boss all the easier

basically, instead of searching the Trap, you have more reliable access to more tribute, synchro and xyz fodder. you run the trap at 3 and thin your deck somewhat fast already so it shouldn't be long til you get draw one

SynjoDeonecros
25th September 2015, 07:42 PM
Well, that leaves me with Cerburrel, Peggulsus, and Ganashia. Cerburrel is obvious, so that leaves Peggulsus and Ganashia. Ganashia has more of a presence, but is level 3, so it won't work with Obedience Schooled. Peggulsus is level 1, but is rather weak, summons itself into face-down DEF position, and doesn't have that desirable of an effect. Also, I'm thinking of putting in either two or three Nozoochee, for its summoning effect, so again, Ganashia can't work with it, Peggulsus can.

SynjoDeonecros
27th September 2015, 12:57 AM
I'm thinking of dropping either a Teleia or an Obedience Schooled and putting in a third Nozoochee, so I can get out my synchros/Sphinxes easier, Any suggestions on that?

Dread Kaiser
27th September 2015, 01:07 AM
Drop the Second Thienen, he is situational enough (and not usually worth) summoning anyway, why have 2 when he can be summoned from Hand or Deck?

SynjoDeonecros
27th September 2015, 01:26 AM
So, 3 Nozoochee, 2 Peggulsus, 2 Cerburrel... anything else from the The Fabled pool?

Also, remind me, if a Uniflora summoned by Obedience Schooled activate its effect, it will be negated, despite resolving in the graveyard, correct?

Dread Kaiser
27th September 2015, 02:29 AM
No, Uniflora will not be negated by Obidence Schoolded

SynjoDeonecros
27th September 2015, 02:19 PM
I hope so. that would be cool, getting out Uniflora with Obedience Schooled, then tributing it to get out a Sphinx with its effect. Save me a lot of trouble.

SynjoDeonecros
6th October 2015, 01:09 AM
Can a mod change the title of this thread to reflect the new deck? I can't seem to do so.

SynjoDeonecros
10th November 2015, 09:51 PM
Should I focus a bit more on using the Sphinxes for Rank 10 shenanigans, or focus on them working with Sandayu for token shenanigans?

SynjoDeonecros
14th December 2015, 05:05 PM
I'm still unsure about which direction to go with my deck. Should I focus on the The Fabled aspect, the Sphinx aspect, the rank 10 aspect, what?

SynjoDeonecros
23rd January 2016, 04:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hk19Jb3.png

Decided to focus on the Sphinx aspect. Dunno if this'll work, but it's a thing...

scizor64
5th February 2016, 05:17 PM
Hey thanks to you I was able to make a raccoon/"deity" deck too! (sorry I just decided to give it the name deity but that can be any boss monster that is high leveled). It consists of baby raccoons at first and level 2 or lower beasts but then otks with a very fun card - Arcana Force EX - The Dark Ruler. Both its effects - the ability to attack twice and destroy all cards on the field when its destroyed (depending on coin toss result) comes in quite handy.

SynjoDeonecros
6th February 2016, 04:02 PM
Hey thanks to you I was able to make a raccoon/"deity" deck too! (sorry I just decided to give it the name deity but that can be any boss monster that is high leveled). It consists of baby raccoons at first and level 2 or lower beasts but then otks with a very fun card - Arcana Force EX - The Dark Ruler. Both its effects - the ability to attack twice and destroy all cards on the field when its destroyed (depending on coin toss result) comes in quite handy.

Well, I dropped the Baby Raccoons and tried to move on to a pure Sphinx build, but I dunno if it's working out or not. Right now, the deck's pretty much dismantled for other decks, but I want to rebuild it sometime in the future.

SynjoDeonecros
8th February 2016, 12:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/awPPEXc.png

Right now, this is what I have. Not sure if MST is redundant with Twin Twisters in there, or what to replace them with if I decide to get rid of them.

Hope in the Interstice
8th February 2016, 01:25 AM
Two Twin Twisters and two Typhoons is a bit excessive. Do you have problems with your draws at times?

SynjoDeonecros
8th February 2016, 01:43 AM
Haven't tested it, so I dunno. Actually, thinking of replacing Typhoon with Parallel Twister, for more general card destruction while still getting to get rid of Pyramid of Light for Theinen.

SynjoDeonecros
8th February 2016, 05:09 PM
Since both of the main Sphinxes (Andro and Teleia) need the monster to be in defense position to get their burn effect, should I throw in a Book of Moon and some Swords of Concealing Light, as well?

SynjoDeonecros
13th February 2016, 08:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PmYTLMM.png

I have no idea what I'm doing...

SynjoDeonecros
17th February 2016, 03:33 AM
Should I even have Interrupted Kaiju Slumber in this deck? Sure, it can get me my Kaiju easily, and clear the field, but if I clear the field while I control both Andro and Teleia, the other effect of Slumber causes Theinen to miss the timing.

SynjoDeonecros
17th February 2016, 04:54 PM
Then again, I could just Special Summon Jizukiru to the opponent's side of the field, then activate Owner's Seal or Remove Brainwashing to switch it back to my control, but those cards are a bit too expensive for me, right now...

SynjoDeonecros
19th February 2016, 06:01 PM
Eh, I was going to cancel my order of a pair of Owner's Seal, but they already shipped it, so I'll split the difference: take out A Wild Monster Appears and the Quaking Mirror Forces for Owner's Seal. Also going to remove a Kyoutou Waterfront and the Interrupted Kaiju Slumber for a trio of Metal Reflect Slime.

SynjoDeonecros
21st February 2016, 09:07 PM
*sighs* Don't you just hate it when you spend so much for a card that you end up having in your collection, already, and didn't know about it until after you bought it? I just wasted $9 for a pair of Owner's Seal that I didn't need, because I found 2 Remove Brainwashing in my deck, already...

SynjoDeonecros
1st June 2016, 03:42 PM
I made a myriad of changes to my deck, so here they are:

Monsters:
Cardcar D x3
Andro Sphinx x3
Sphinx Teleia x3
Theinen the Great Sphinx x2
Jizukiru x3
Scapeghost x3

Spells:
A Wild Monster Appears x2
Mound of the Bound Creator x2
Photon Sanctuary x3
Dark Hole x2
Double Cyclone x2
Terraforming x2

Traps:
Solemn Warning x1
Beckoning Light x1
BTH x1
Torrential Tribute x1
Metal Reflect Slime x3
Pyramid of Light x3

Extra:
The Seven Sins x1
Pain Gainer x1
Ravenous Tarantula x3
Utopic Dragon x1
Skypalace Gangaridai x3
Gustav Max x3

SynjoDeonecros
8th July 2016, 07:42 PM
Hmm. Still not happy with this deck, for some reason. Anyone want to help fix this? Honestly, the only change I'm thinking about is replacing the Jizukirus with Tragoedia for faster Rank 10s, but that's it.

LolsterXD97
8th July 2016, 07:48 PM
Any thoughts about Cat of an Ill Omen? It searches POL.

SynjoDeonecros
8th July 2016, 07:54 PM
Too slow, without Necrovalley.

SynjoDeonecros
8th July 2016, 10:24 PM
Hmm. Scapeghost is being leaked in the Special Edition boxes of the next set, and the tokens have no restrictions on them on how to use them, so I'm thinking of replacing Photon Sanctuary with them. Also, I guess I can throw in a pair of A Cat of Ill Omen and Necrovalley, if I bump the Terraforming number to 3, allowing me to get to my Mounds faster... Also, everyone's so goddamn insistent that the rest of the Trains will be coming out, the next set; I'm not convinced, but if they do, I'll look into them. Otherwise, I'll look into trying Ante to disrupt the opponent's hand...

SynjoDeonecros
11th July 2016, 09:04 PM
So, apparently, Spirit of the Fall Wind can help me get out my Scapeghosts and Cats of Ill Omen, but there's not an easy way to get out Pyramid of Light... Anyone have any suggestions?