PDA

View Full Version : Felgrand Floodgate

Mofiz
13th July 2016, 12:40 AM
So yeah. Ruins of the Great Divine Dragon. If I Synchro Summon, lets say Ancient Fairy Dragon, will it get its effect negated?
The effect says that if a monster is Special Summoned WHILE I control a Level 7/8 Dragon, so not sure how that works

Dread Kaiser
13th July 2016, 12:59 AM
I assume you mean that there is no lv 7/8 dragon, except the Ancient Fairy

while I am not 100% sure there's no rulings, I'm gonna go with yes, its effects will be negated. you need to control a lv7/8 dragon while the summon concludes, AFD is obviously on the field when she is summoned and since this is a trigger-like effect. I think this is like asking "can I bottomless a jinzo" the relevant condition is around when the effect would trigger

example
A monster was summoned (Jinzo)
Bottomless goes off when a monster is summoned, but now Jinzo's effect is there so.....

here
A Monster was summoned (lets say Black rose)
Ruins triggers, sees that a Monster was summoned and there is a LV 7/8 monster so.....

All conditions are met when the effect is relevant (immediately after the summoning), so I don't see why it wouldn't.

Mofiz
13th July 2016, 01:08 AM
I assume you mean that there is no lv 7/8 dragon, except the Ancient Fairy

while I am not 100% sure there's no rulings, I'm gonna go with yes, its effects will be negated. you need to control a lv7/8 dragon while the summon concludes, AFD is obviously on the field when she is summoned and since this is a trigger-like effect. I think this is like asking "can I bottomless a jinzo" the relevant condition is around when the effect would trigger

example
A monster was summoned (Jinzo)
Bottomless goes off when a monster is summoned, but now Jinzo's effect is there so.....

here
A Monster was summoned (lets say Black rose)
Ruins triggers, sees that a Monster was summoned and there is a LV 7/8 monster so.....

All conditions are met when the effect is relevant (immediately after the summoning), so I don't see why it wouldn't.

Thought so... well, I almost had a nice tool